PDA

View Full Version : Bach Flower Essences

honeybunch
January 10th 07, 12:27 AM
I posted this once already but it didnt seem to have gone through.
Maybe I should just post "Test." first. My question concerns
alternative medicine for cats. I was wondering if anyone has used the
Bach Flower Remedies on a cat or taken a cat to a practicioner of such
remedies. My cat adopted me in September and doesnt want to leave the
house. He is a stray. I dont know how to tell if a stray is feral or
not. I advertised but no one has claimed him. He used a kitty litter
box immediately so he knew what it was. His problem is that he was
terribly injured at some time in the past. Maybe he ws hit by a car
and now is quite spooked. His rear right leg has a limp and his left
eye is a bit droopy. He has settled in nicely and loves to be spoiled.
HOWEVER, he is very very skittish. He's got bad nerves. Example; We
were in the laundry room when the dryer started to make a slight squeal
while it spun. Well, he went nuts and wrapped his arms around my leg
and tried to nip me. Another time he was lying next to me and I made
the wrong move and he hissed and showed his fangs and swung at me out
of the clear blue sky. So I was wondering if there is some kind of
natural product that might calm him down. I tried to rub some Rescue
Remedy cream on one of his footpads and I gave him a few drops of Rock
Rose and Mimulus. II might buy some Rescue Remedy in liquid form. I
just would like to know if anyone else has tried this or something
similar to calm a cat down.

MaryL
January 10th 07, 12:31 AM
"honeybunch" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I posted this once already but it didnt seem to have gone through.
> Maybe I should just post "Test." first.
<snip>

Your first message did get through, and two answers have been posted. You
might want to use google if you don't see the messages on your server.

MaryL

Rene S.
January 10th 07, 08:19 PM
honeybunch wrote:
> I posted this once already but it didnt seem to have gone through.
> Maybe I should just post "Test." first. My question concerns
> alternative medicine for cats. I was wondering if anyone has used the
> Bach Flower Remedies on a cat or taken a cat to a practicioner of such
> remedies.

Hi,

I regularly use Rescue Remedy for my cats (and myself, it's quite
relaxing). One in particular is just a nervous boy, so this helps in
keeping him calmer and focused. I add about four drops to the water
every day.

I found a good article online which discusses the Bach essences for
pets. http://www.allourpets.com/holistic/bach-essences.shtml This site
also has quite a bit of information, and you can sign up for their
email newsletter: http://www.littlebigcat.com/

It's important to read up first, as some remedies/oils are toxic to
cats (such as tea tree oil).