PDA

View Full Version : Humane trap

Keith Dunbar \(2\)
January 10th 07, 10:15 AM
I know this is the wrong newsgroup, but you may be able to help.

My daughter lives in York, and has rabbits on her allotment, which she would
like to trap humanely and relocate. I'm struggling to find a source of a
trap for her to borrow in her location. Any help would be gratefully
received.

Thanks

Keith

John Ross Mc Master
January 10th 07, 04:21 PM
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:15:15 GMT, "Keith Dunbar \(2\)"
> wrote:

>I know this is the wrong newsgroup, but you may be able to help.
>
>My daughter lives in York, and has rabbits on her allotment, which she would
>like to trap humanely and relocate. I'm struggling to find a source of a
>trap for her to borrow in her location. Any help would be gratefully
>received.
>
>Thanks
>
>Keith

I thought your European foxes controlled the rabbits? But if you want
a trap, phone your local RSPCA and ask. They will send you in the
right direction.

January 10th 07, 06:39 PM
In article >,
"Keith Dunbar \(2\)" > wrote:

> I know this is the wrong newsgroup, but you may be able to help.
>
> My daughter lives in York, and has rabbits on her allotment, which she would
> like to trap humanely and relocate. I'm struggling to find a source of a
> trap for her to borrow in her location. Any help would be gratefully
> received.
>
> Thanks
>
> Keith

There are many kinds of live traps. Google "live trap", and you will
see. Most farm supply and hardware stores carry live traps. As someone
else pointed out, many humane organizations will lend traps or rent them
cheaply, if you don't want to buy one.

The best way to choose one is to look over the different models
available and see how they work. Some manufacturers have devised ways to
make it easier and safer to release the trapped animal. Others make it
easier to feed and water trapped animals if there will be a time lag
before release.

Responsible live trapping requires the trapper's attention and presence.
For instance, you cannot humanely set a live trap and then not check it
for two days. If you or your daughter is new to live trapping, talk to
experienced trappers to find out how to do it responsibly and
effectively.

January 12th 07, 04:35 PM
wrote:

>My daughter lives in York, and has rabbits on her allotment, which she would
>like to trap humanely and relocate. I'm struggling to find a source of a
>trap for her to borrow in her location. Any help would be gratefully
>received.

There is a simple trap which you can build. If you reply and have not got one
already I will try and make a drawing and email it to you.

Reply to redgreen202 at yahoo

January 12th 07, 04:40 PM
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:39:56 -0600, wrote:

>In article >,
> "Keith Dunbar \(2\)" > wrote:
>
>> I know this is the wrong newsgroup, but you may be able to help.
>>
>> My daughter lives in York, and has rabbits on her allotment, which she would
>> like to trap humanely and relocate. I'm struggling to find a source of a
>> trap for her to borrow in her location. Any help would be gratefully
>> received.
>>
>Responsible live trapping requires the trapper's attention and presence.
>For instance, you cannot humanely set a live trap and then not check it
>for two days. If you or your daughter is new to live trapping, talk to
>experienced trappers to find out how to do it responsibly and
>effectively.

Yes, we had a trap and sometimes things would get in there that we weren't
trying to catch - squirrels, cats, our own cat :) . Other things that we didn't
catch but could- skunks, racoons, possums. So check it a couple times a day so
you don't catch some neighbor's cat or something else.

RapidRonnie
January 21st 07, 07:38 PM
A better solution is that presented in the classic film, "The Misfits."