PDA

View Full Version : This Lucy(fur!) photos as promised...

sheelagh
January 10th 07, 05:18 PM
Hi, Here are a few photo's of Lucy.She has settled down ever so well
and even lets people pick her up, just as long as you don't expect her
to stay up there for too long.The back of her neck is healing ever so
well now & she allow's most of us to give her a quick cuddle.Her
favouite human *bean* is still Tilly of course, but she tolerate us
petting her gently.. then she goes & escapes upstairs onto her
favourite bed.Isn't she such a silky smooth swetie pie now.

Who would have guessed that she was a smelly little flea ridden
Tasmanina devil just a couple of weeks ago.???Wow, she did know how to
hiss and spit....now she is full of purr's for everyone...
S;o)

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LucyFur02

Marissa
January 10th 07, 05:40 PM
She's absolutely gorgeous! I'd call her my black panther, she looks like
one.

Bless you for taking such good care of her. A little more time and she'll
probably be the biggest love, just like my poor little guy that was in
severely ailing health when I saved him.

Maria
Sasha, Liz, Benson, Tiki
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi, Here are a few photo's of Lucy.She has settled down ever so well
> and even lets people pick her up, just as long as you don't expect her
> to stay up there for too long.The back of her neck is healing ever so
> well now & she allow's most of us to give her a quick cuddle.Her
> favouite human *bean* is still Tilly of course, but she tolerate us
> petting her gently.. then she goes & escapes upstairs onto her
> favourite bed.Isn't she such a silky smooth swetie pie now.
>
> Who would have guessed that she was a smelly little flea ridden
> Tasmanina devil just a couple of weeks ago.???Wow, she did know how to
> hiss and spit....now she is full of purr's for everyone...
> S;o)
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LucyFur02

MaryL
January 10th 07, 06:51 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi, Here are a few photo's of Lucy.She has settled down ever so well
> and even lets people pick her up, just as long as you don't expect her
> to stay up there for too long.The back of her neck is healing ever so
> well now & she allow's most of us to give her a quick cuddle.Her
> favouite human *bean* is still Tilly of course, but she tolerate us
> petting her gently.. then she goes & escapes upstairs onto her
> favourite bed.Isn't she such a silky smooth swetie pie now.
>
> Who would have guessed that she was a smelly little flea ridden
> Tasmanina devil just a couple of weeks ago.???Wow, she did know how to
> hiss and spit....now she is full of purr's for everyone...
> S;o)
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LucyFur02

Beautiful cat and great pictures. Lucy reminds me of Holly, so that makes
it even better. Thanks for posting.

MaryL

sheelagh
January 10th 07, 07:08 PM
Marissa wrote:
> She's absolutely gorgeous! I'd call her my black panther, she looks like
> one.
>
> Bless you for taking such good care of her. A little more time and she'll
> probably be the biggest love, just like my poor little guy that was in
> severely ailing health when I saved him.
>

> Maria
> Sasha, Liz, Benson, Tiki
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Hi, Here are a few photo's of Lucy.She has settled down ever so well
> > and even lets people pick her up, just as long as you don't expect her
> > to stay up there for too long.The back of her neck is healing ever so
> > well now & she allow's most of us to give her a quick cuddle.Her
> > favouite human *bean* is still Tilly of course, but she tolerate us
> > petting her gently.. then she goes & escapes upstairs onto her
> > favourite bed.Isn't she such a silky smooth swetie pie now.
> >
> > Who would have guessed that she was a smelly little flea ridden
> > Tasmanina devil just a couple of weeks ago.???Wow, she did know how to
> > hiss and spit....now she is full of purr's for everyone...
> > S;o)
> >
> > http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LucyFur02

Thanks very much indeed.We called her Lucy(fur!) to start with as a
standing joke, but the day I was sent out to call her, the fur bit had
to drop instantly..you can just imagine me having to yell that at the
top of my lung's, lol:o)

She really has come on a treat.
In fact I would say that she has been the most dramaticly changed puss
out of all of the cat's that have ever visited our community feeding
bowl,ever!
Phil gave me a crash course in how to trap cats, then we borrowed a
trap, & 3weeks later, that puss filled flea ridden bag of bones and
fur, is now called Lucy, because she really was a little
lucy(fur!)..but we couldn't keep calling her that.

My 10 year old daughter has been the real heroin of this story.
Lucy wouldn't allow any of us near her to start with, but she did
strike up an instant friendship with Tilly, so we stood back and
gawpped in awe...

Hasn't Tilly done well?
We didn't intend yo get any more cat's...But you know how it is?!!
Cat come's, we pity, vet call's, we arrange to adopt, and fall in love
in between
=Lucy lives with us now.

I would love to give her a nice exotic name, but she is Tilly's cat
now, so I think we should respect her wishes on this one <sighing
heavily>
S:o)

sheelagh
January 10th 07, 07:16 PM
> Beautiful cat and great pictures. Lucy reminds me of Holly, so that makes
> it even better. Thanks for posting.
>
> MaryL

You know what Mary?
The moment I saw her, that is *exactly* what I thought too!!
I can't help wondering if she has a smattering of exotic in her too?

she is so soft and shiney now.
My only concern is that I noticed her left eye was a little bit gunky
this morning, so I have got my paw's on some optrex with
chloramphemicol, & bathed her eye's away from each other ,twice so far
today.
I am sorry if I haven't spelt that correctly.
Any advice on how long I should do that for?
Many thank's,
S:o)

MaryL
January 10th 07, 07:29 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...

>> Beautiful cat and great pictures. Lucy reminds me of Holly, so that
>> makes
>> it even better. Thanks for posting.
>>
>> MaryL
>
> You know what Mary?
> The moment I saw her, that is *exactly* what I thought too!!
> I can't help wondering if she has a smattering of exotic in her too?
>
> she is so soft and shiney now.
> My only concern is that I noticed her left eye was a little bit gunky
> this morning, so I have got my paw's on some optrex with
> chloramphemicol, & bathed her eye's away from each other ,twice so far
> today.
> I am sorry if I haven't spelt that correctly.
> Any advice on how long I should do that for?
> Many thank's,
> S:o)

I don't have an answer for your question. I had to get ointment for my
cats' eyes on two occasions (once for Holly and once for Duffy), but it was
far enough in the past that I don't even remember the name of the
medication. I simply followed the vet's directions and had no further
problems.

MaryL

Lynne
January 10th 07, 08:36 PM
on Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:08:58 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> I would love to give her a nice exotic name, but she is Tilly's cat
> now, so I think we should respect her wishes on this one <sighing
> heavily>

She's very pretty, and I think Tilly should get naming rights. :)

--
Lynne

Lynne
January 10th 07, 08:39 PM
on Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:16:49 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> Any advice on how long I should do that for?
> Many thank's,

Is the stuff you are using in her eye an antibiotic? If so, the standard
course of treatment (according to my vet) is 3-5 times a day for 7-10 days.
It depends on the cat, the serverity of the infection, the medication, and
probably on the vet, too. I'd give your vet a call and ask her. Also, ask
her about treating both eyes since eye infections can go back and forth
easily.

--
Lynne

sheelagh
January 10th 07, 10:40 PM
Lynne wrote:
> on Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:16:49 GMT, "sheelagh"
> > wrote:
>
> > Any advice on how long I should do that for?
> > Many thank's,
>
> Is the stuff you are using in her eye an antibiotic? If so, the standard
> course of treatment (according to my vet) is 3-5 times a day for 7-10 days.
> It depends on the cat, the serverity of the infection, the medication, and
> probably on the vet, too. I'd give your vet a call and ask her. Also, ask
> her about treating both eyes since eye infections can go back and forth
> easily.
>
> --
> Lynne
Yes, it is an antibiotic droper liquide.I called her this afternoon to
ask if it would be ok to use it, & she told me it would be fine as long
as it was still in date.(it has to be kept for no longer than a month,
& in a fridge too;I only bought it from the pharmacy a week ago).
I will do that.

I simply can't remember her telling me how long to use it for though,
so it is probably best to call her in the morning again & ask if she
will see her;I think I would feel better If she had a look at them
herself.(I know all too well that what you are advising me is the
case...I hate poor cat's with manky eye's.They look so sore don't they?

Thanks for ther advice though.
S;o)

Lynne
January 10th 07, 11:02 PM
on Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:40:36 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> I simply can't remember her telling me how long to use it for though,
> so it is probably best to call her in the morning again & ask if she
> will see her;I think I would feel better If she had a look at them
> herself.(I know all too well that what you are advising me is the
> case...I hate poor cat's with manky eye's.They look so sore don't they?

Actually I personally wouldn't bother taking her in unless the goo doesn't
clear up after a couple of days of use, but only because I have seen and
dealt with plenty of eye infections. If you feel comfortable, just call
your vet about frequency and duration of treatment. I'm sure she'll tell
you to come in if she is concerned.

Be sure to use the medication for the entire duration she specifies. Even
though the symptoms will clear up right away, the infection will not.

--
Lynne

sheelagh
January 10th 07, 11:09 PM
Lynne wrote:
> on Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:40:36 GMT, "sheelagh"
> > wrote:
>
> > I simply can't remember her telling me how long to use it for though,
> > so it is probably best to call her in the morning again & ask if she
> > will see her;I think I would feel better If she had a look at them
> > herself.(I know all too well that what you are advising me is the
> > case...I hate poor cat's with manky eye's.They look so sore don't they?
>
> Actually I personally wouldn't bother taking her in unless the goo doesn't
> clear up after a couple of days of use, but only because I have seen and
> dealt with plenty of eye infections. If you feel comfortable, just call
> your vet about frequency and duration of treatment. I'm sure she'll tell
> you to come in if she is concerned.
>
> Be sure to use the medication for the entire duration she specifies. Even
> though the symptoms will clear up right away, the infection will not.
>
> --
> Lynne

Ok Lynne, I will do that.I will ask about duration of medication, & if
no better in 3-5, then make an appointment to take her down.

Btw -My nutra cal came today...
It was so exciting to get a package all the way from your side of the
pond.

Tiggy had her first dose of it today.In actual fact, she would have eat
it off the end of my finger-all that worrying about how to administer
it...and she love's it,lol;o)
S;o)

Lynne
January 10th 07, 11:11 PM
on Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:09:28 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> Ok Lynne, I will do that.I will ask about duration of medication, & if
> no better in 3-5, then make an appointment to take her down.

Sounds good, except it really should be looking better within 2 days at the
most, though you will need to keep giving the medication for 7-10 days
total.

--
Lynne

sheelagh
January 10th 07, 11:14 PM
sheelagh wrote:
> Lynne wrote:
> > on Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:40:36 GMT, "sheelagh"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > I simply can't remember her telling me how long to use it for though,
> > > so it is probably best to call her in the morning again & ask if she
> > > will see her;I think I would feel better If she had a look at them
> > > herself.(I know all too well that what you are advising me is the
> > > case...I hate poor cat's with manky eye's.They look so sore don't they?
> >
> > Actually I personally wouldn't bother taking her in unless the goo doesn't
> > clear up after a couple of days of use, but only because I have seen and
> > dealt with plenty of eye infections. If you feel comfortable, just call
> > your vet about frequency and duration of treatment. I'm sure she'll tell
> > you to come in if she is concerned.
> >
> > Be sure to use the medication for the entire duration she specifies. Even
> > though the symptoms will clear up right away, the infection will not.
> >
> > --
> > Lynne
>
> Ok Lynne, I will do that.I will ask about duration of medication, & if
> no better in 3-5, then make an appointment to take her down.
>
> Btw -My nutra cal came today...
> It was so exciting to get a package all the way from your side of the
> pond.
>
> Tiggy had her first dose of it today.In actual fact, she would have eat
> it off the end of my finger-all that worrying about how to administer
> it...and she love's it,lol;o)
> S;o)

Actually , there was something I forgot to say...Thanx Lynne!!
S:o)

Lynne
January 10th 07, 11:36 PM
on Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:14:45 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> Actually , there was something I forgot to say...Thanx Lynne!!

Completely uneccessary. But you are most welcome!!

--
Lynne

MaryL
January 11th 07, 05:10 AM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Lynne wrote:
>> on Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:40:36 GMT, "sheelagh"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > I simply can't remember her telling me how long to use it for though,
>> > so it is probably best to call her in the morning again & ask if she
>> > will see her;I think I would feel better If she had a look at them
>> > herself.(I know all too well that what you are advising me is the
>> > case...I hate poor cat's with manky eye's.They look so sore don't they?
>>
>> Actually I personally wouldn't bother taking her in unless the goo
>> doesn't
>> clear up after a couple of days of use, but only because I have seen and
>> dealt with plenty of eye infections. If you feel comfortable, just call
>> your vet about frequency and duration of treatment. I'm sure she'll tell
>> you to come in if she is concerned.
>>
>> Be sure to use the medication for the entire duration she specifies.
>> Even
>> though the symptoms will clear up right away, the infection will not.
>>
>> --
>> Lynne
>
> Ok Lynne, I will do that.I will ask about duration of medication, & if
> no better in 3-5, then make an appointment to take her down.
>
> Btw -My nutra cal came today...
> It was so exciting to get a package all the way from your side of the
> pond.
>
> Tiggy had her first dose of it today.In actual fact, she would have eat
> it off the end of my finger-all that worrying about how to administer
> it...and she love's it,lol;o)
> S;o)

Many cats do like Nutra-Cal. That will make it easy to administer -- just
let her lick her "treat" from your finger, just as you said.

MaryL