PDA

View Full Version : Bee sting?

January 11th 07, 06:15 PM
I think my cat may have just been stung by a bee. I've seen them buzz
around (just one or two) and stuff and I think he swat at one and may
have been stung... he keeps licking at his paw. I just looked at it
and I see no stinger or anything.. should I be worried?

January 11th 07, 06:29 PM
Okay update. Upon further inspection, it looks more like his paw is
cracked. It's not bleeding or anything... but he's still licking it
constantly. And its HOT. I dunno if its hot from him constantly
licking orrrrr if something's wrong... and it doesn't appear to be
swollen either. Any ideas?

mlbriggs
January 11th 07, 07:01 PM
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:29:31 -0800, wrote:

> Okay update. Upon further inspection, it looks more like his paw is
> cracked. It's not bleeding or anything... but he's still licking it
> constantly. And its HOT. I dunno if its hot from him constantly
> licking orrrrr if something's wrong... and it doesn't appear to be
> swollen either. Any ideas?

Cats get infections too. Take him to the Vet. Good luck. MLB

Rhonda
January 11th 07, 07:42 PM
If it's hot -- I'd get him to a vet. If it's infected you'd want to get
him on antibiotics right away.

Let us know what happens,

Rhonda

wrote:
> Okay update. Upon further inspection, it looks more like his paw is
> cracked. It's not bleeding or anything... but he's still licking it
> constantly. And its HOT. I dunno if its hot from him constantly
> licking orrrrr if something's wrong... and it doesn't appear to be
> swollen either. Any ideas?

MaryL
January 11th 07, 09:20 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Okay update. Upon further inspection, it looks more like his paw is
> cracked. It's not bleeding or anything... but he's still licking it
> constantly. And its HOT. I dunno if its hot from him constantly
> licking orrrrr if something's wrong... and it doesn't appear to be
> swollen either. Any ideas?

If it's hot, he needs to be seen by a vet ASAP. That can be a sign of
infection.

MaryL