PDA

View Full Version : Pet Friendly Pest Control

InnocentCat
January 13th 07, 04:31 AM
What would be a good pet-friendly pest control program to have in your home
? I am planning on bringing a new kitty into my home within the next couple
of weeks and occasionally have problems ants or roaches (eek) in my home. I
have used those little disks in the past but don't want to use anything that
a new pet might get into.

Thanks

Mark T.B. Carroll
January 13th 07, 06:15 PM
"InnocentCat" > writes:

> What would be a good pet-friendly pest control program to have in your home
> ? I am planning on bringing a new kitty into my home within the next couple
> of weeks and occasionally have problems ants or roaches (eek) in my home. I
> have used those little disks in the past but don't want to use anything that
> a new pet might get into.

I use bifenthrin (found in Ortho Home Defense, Bifen I/T and others).
It's pretty harmless to mammals once it's dried, but is lethal to a
variety of other creatures, even cat fleas. (Might kill fish, too, I
didn't look as we don't have any.) Do read the label and keep the cat
clear until it's dried. It'll last for months.

-- Mark