PDA

View Full Version : Re: Sort of OT, but they're still kittycats. But bigger

sheelagh
January 13th 07, 03:00 AM
Cheryl wrote:
> I've been hooked on the Africam web feed lately, and apparently
> today a pride of at least 8 lions consisting of mostly lionesses
> and a single male took a young zebra. I didn't see much of the cam
> today due to work, but on the forum, someone posted some video of
> the feed. No explicit video of the kill, but the sound of it in the
> distance, so if that bothers you, don't listen to part 1 or part 2
> of the kill. But the aftermath; the cleaning, the drinking, the
> sleeping - they could be my cats. Nature at its rawest.
>
> The kill, mostly sound
>
> Part 1
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlUg-buVKcg
>
> Part 2
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMCChZrevG0
>
> Lions visit Water Hole after eating
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ5IyWpOMw0
>
> Close up and personal - cleaning up some
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xnAk-hPjm4
>
> How Many Lions can you count?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yTq6da8N8w
>

> --
> Cheryl
Excellent.
I was born in Kenya & that is where my love affair with cat's began
with real pussy cats.
If you watch carefully, @ around 2.40 mins into, How many Lions can you
count- you will note how the pride almost rolled as one single unit to
look in the opposit direction,toward north, north west... except for a
couple who covered the rest of the outlook.It is almost as if the pride
can communicate through telepathy, don't they?

To the human ear, all we could hear were the crickets and the bull frog
in the background.Wouldn't it be interesting to know what caused the
pride to act as a single mind & look in that direction?

Magnificent creatures!
S:o)

hantayo
January 13th 07, 03:40 AM

"sheelagh" wrote:
*It is almost as if the pride
can communicate through telepathy, don't they?*

Hi sheelagh. I think that there is something to that notion - seriously!
:-) After all the years that I have spent with critters (especially cats...)
I truly believe in it. I know it happens to me. Toma & I had it happen
daily. Sometimes a person can write it off as just reading body language
but, that doesn't explain all of it.
Kathy & Toma in spirit >^.,.^<

--
Toma girl's dedication web page: