PDA

View Full Version : Sprung!

January 15th 07, 08:01 PM
Well, I did it. I adopted a three year old female DMH from the
Providence Animal Rescue League.

The first of many pix to come:
http://truthspew.blogspot.com/2007/01/evangeline-new-cat.html

She's adpating nicely.

Matthew
January 15th 07, 08:23 PM
Congratulations on the new master

"T" > wrote in message
.. .
> Well, I did it. I adopted a three year old female DMH from the
> Providence Animal Rescue League.
>
> The first of many pix to come:
> http://truthspew.blogspot.com/2007/01/evangeline-new-cat.html
>
> She's adpating nicely.

MoMo via CatKB.com
January 15th 07, 08:38 PM
Congratulations and thank you for adopting an adult cat!! She is beautiful
and I hope she treats you good :)

T wrote:
>Well, I did it. I adopted a three year old female DMH from the
>Providence Animal Rescue League.
>
>The first of many pix to come:
>http://truthspew.blogspot.com/2007/01/evangeline-new-cat.html
>
>She's adpating nicely.

January 15th 07, 09:03 PM
"T" > wrote in message
.. .
> Well, I did it. I adopted a three year old female DMH from the
> Providence Animal Rescue League.
>
> The first of many pix to come:
> http://truthspew.blogspot.com/2007/01/evangeline-new-cat.html
>
> She's adpating nicely.

You made a great choice, or maybe I should say, she did!

I did the same thing two months after my 20-year-old cat died--went to a
shelter, waited for an adult female cat chose me. She has been the most
loving, funny, wonderful cat I have ever had. She was 1-2 years old when I
brought her home, now she is 6-7.

See Gracie, the gray tabby here:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cyberpurrs/albums/

What is flickr? I want to see more pictures.

Buddy's Mom
January 15th 07, 10:46 PM
I did nearly the same thing after my 20 year old died. I adopted a 3
year old male and haven't regretted it a day. He has fit into our home
like he really belonged here and is the best kitty we have ever had.

So glad you adopted an adult!

cybercat wrote:
> "T" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > Well, I did it. I adopted a three year old female DMH from the
> > Providence Animal Rescue League.
> >
> > The first of many pix to come:
> > http://truthspew.blogspot.com/2007/01/evangeline-new-cat.html
> >
> > She's adpating nicely.
> >

> You made a great choice, or maybe I should say, she did!
>
> I did the same thing two months after my 20-year-old cat died--went to a
> shelter, waited for an adult female cat chose me. She has been the most
> loving, funny, wonderful cat I have ever had. She was 1-2 years old when I
> brought her home, now she is 6-7.
>
> See Gracie, the gray tabby here:
>
> http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cyberpurrs/albums/
>
> What is flickr? I want to see more pictures.

bookie
January 15th 07, 11:10 PM
T wrote:
> Well, I did it. I adopted a three year old female DMH from the
> Providence Animal Rescue League.
>
> The first of many pix to come:
> http://truthspew.blogspot.com/2007/01/evangeline-new-cat.html
>
> She's adpating nicely.

thank you for adopting an older cat, I read from your website you have
realised they are a much better deal all round. She is beautiful,
lovely colouring, and does she some white socks on her back legs?
like the photo of her keeping an eye on what is going on in the great
outdoors, that is what she there for (as well as keep you, her human
slave, on your toes)

bookie

January 16th 07, 01:44 AM
In article >,
says...
> Congratulations on the new master
>
> "T" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > Well, I did it. I adopted a three year old female DMH from the
> > Providence Animal Rescue League.
> >
> > The first of many pix to come:
> > http://truthspew.blogspot.com/2007/01/evangeline-new-cat.html
> >
> > She's adpating nicely.

Thanks. And yes, it's becoming obvious that I'm not the one in control.

January 16th 07, 01:44 AM
> Congratulations and thank you for adopting an adult cat!! She is beautiful
> and I hope she treats you good :)
>
> T wrote:
> >Well, I did it. I adopted a three year old female DMH from the
> >Providence Animal Rescue League.
> >
> >The first of many pix to come:
> >http://truthspew.blogspot.com/2007/01/evangeline-new-cat.html
> >
> >She's adpating nicely.

Already had a lap visit from her today, and she's snoozing right next to
me as I type this.

January 16th 07, 01:45 AM
In article >, says...

> "T" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > Well, I did it. I adopted a three year old female DMH from the
> > Providence Animal Rescue League.
> >
> > The first of many pix to come:
> > http://truthspew.blogspot.com/2007/01/evangeline-new-cat.html
> >
> > She's adpating nicely.
> >

> You made a great choice, or maybe I should say, she did!
>
> I did the same thing two months after my 20-year-old cat died--went to a
> shelter, waited for an adult female cat chose me. She has been the most
> loving, funny, wonderful cat I have ever had. She was 1-2 years old when I
> brought her home, now she is 6-7.
>
> See Gracie, the gray tabby here:
>
> http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cyberpurrs/albums/
>
> What is flickr? I want to see more pictures.

Flickr is owned by Yahoo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kd1s

January 16th 07, 01:47 AM
In article om>,
says...

> T wrote:
> > Well, I did it. I adopted a three year old female DMH from the
> > Providence Animal Rescue League.
> >
> > The first of many pix to come:
> > http://truthspew.blogspot.com/2007/01/evangeline-new-cat.html
> >
> > She's adpating nicely.
>
> thank you for adopting an older cat, I read from your website you have
> realised they are a much better deal all round. She is beautiful,
> lovely colouring, and does she some white socks on her back legs?
> like the photo of her keeping an eye on what is going on in the great
> outdoors, that is what she there for (as well as keep you, her human
> slave, on your toes)
>
> bookie

All four paws have white sox on them. And her tail has a raccoon pattern
to it. I liken her coat to shag carpetings, it's really that luxurious.

Cheryl
January 16th 07, 02:45 AM
On Mon 15 Jan 2007 03:01:03p, T wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

> Well, I did it. I adopted a three year old female DMH from the
> Providence Animal Rescue League.
>
> The first of many pix to come:
> http://truthspew.blogspot.com/2007/01/evangeline-new-cat.html
>
> She's adpating nicely.

Congrats! I've only ever taken in adult cats up until my Scarlett
and Rhett. They were 2 of a litter of 4 and the guy that found them
was having a hard time finding homes and he couldn't keep them.
They were 5 weeks old when he found them, and no mama cat to be
found. I realized how hard it was to take in kittens when they
couldn't shake the herpes virus, and kept climbing my curtains when
they felt better. I much prefer older cats. But I love these
guys. I feel bonded to them.

--
Cheryl

Moongal
January 16th 07, 01:04 PM
She is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!

I will be adopting a cat at some point, when I am ready, after my eldest guy
passes. I may decide on an adult cat myself.

.. .