PDA

View Full Version : cat making unusual deep growl like sounds

January 16th 07, 11:38 AM
We have a 3 year old female cat that seems to be healthy however the
past few weeks she has been growling really unusual and it seems like
she is in pain. The growl noise that she makes is very deep and its
seems to happening more often. Any thoughts on why she may be doing
this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Moongal
January 16th 07, 11:55 AM
I think you should take her to see the vet.

Something might be causing her pain. I've had the same thing happen with
two of my cats. With one, he had an infection and needed a round of
antibiotics to feel good again. With the other he had a fatty lump thing
that had started to degrade and needed to be removed - we hadn't noticed it
ourselves because it was in a weird spot on his belly under a bunch of fur.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> We have a 3 year old female cat that seems to be healthy however the
> past few weeks she has been growling really unusual and it seems like
> she is in pain. The growl noise that she makes is very deep and its
> seems to happening more often. Any thoughts on why she may be doing
> this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MaryL
January 16th 07, 01:45 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> We have a 3 year old female cat that seems to be healthy however the
> past few weeks she has been growling really unusual and it seems like
> she is in pain. The growl noise that she makes is very deep and its
> seems to happening more often. Any thoughts on why she may be doing
> this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Think about what you just wrote. Surely you must know that it is impossible
for anyone to make a diagnosis or even a "good guess" in a situation like
this. Your cat needs to be seen by a vet, and that should be done *today.*

MaryL

sheelagh
January 16th 07, 04:33 PM
MaryL wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > We have a 3 year old female cat that seems to be healthy however the
> > past few weeks she has been growling really unusual and it seems like
> > she is in pain. The growl noise that she makes is very deep and its
> > seems to happening more often. Any thoughts on why she may be doing
> > this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
> >

> Think about what you just wrote. Surely you must know that it is impossible
> for anyone to make a diagnosis or even a "good guess" in a situation like
> this. Your cat needs to be seen by a vet, and that should be done *today.*
>
> MaryL

I concure & agree with Mary.
Please get her to the vet as soon as you are able to.I imagine that you
only needed to be reminded/confirmed that your opinion was right before
acting on your own suspicion.

If she has never done this before now, then you know that there is
something very wrong with her to act out this unusual behaviour, & by
the sound of her, it is fairly urgent too.
With vet fee's these day's, I know how hard it is to determin when you
do need to go, & when you don't have to go...but by the sound of her
symptom's, you need to get her there fairly sharpish!!
Cat's are very stoic and put up with a lot of pain before uttering
sounds like that.It is her way of trying to tell you that she is in
great need of help & need's help to get rid of that pain.

Imagine if we had to rely on our pets to do something about us when we
are in need of medical attention...I would like to think that my cat
would listen to me if I were to make such urgent growls, wouldnt you?

Best of luck & I look forward to hearing how you got on & what was in
fact wrong with her, if you would be so kind as to tell us how you got
on if you wouldn't mind,Please?
Many thank's,
S:o)

Edna Pearl
January 16th 07, 07:15 PM
Take the cat to the vet immediately.

ep

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> We have a 3 year old female cat that seems to be healthy however the
> past few weeks she has been growling really unusual and it seems like
> she is in pain. The growl noise that she makes is very deep and its
> seems to happening more often. Any thoughts on why she may be doing
> this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

maralisil
January 17th 07, 02:12 PM
wrote:
> We have a 3 year old female cat that seems to be healthy however the
> past few weeks she has been growling really unusual and it seems like
> she is in pain. The growl noise that she makes is very deep and its
> seems to happening more often. Any thoughts on why she may be doing
> this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Is this an indoor or an outdoor cat? Has it been vaccinated for rabies,
etc? Even a vet would need tests and a physical exam to figure this one
out. Grows aren't good.

Brian Beuchaw
January 17th 07, 10:22 PM
wrote:
> We have a 3 year old female cat that seems to be healthy however the
> past few weeks she has been growling really unusual and it seems like
> she is in pain. The growl noise that she makes is very deep and its
> seems to happening more often. Any thoughts on why she may be doing
> this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

As all the others have said, take her to a vet ASAP! But having said
that, our cat does growl when she gets spooked by hearing someone in the
apartment entryway. Sometimes we don't even hear anything, and she'll
start growling and run off to hide. But if you have circumstances any
different than those, get to a vet with her...

brian
--
If you want to reply to this message by mail, you will
have to change the reply address to

Lynne
January 17th 07, 10:39 PM
on Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:22:39 GMT, Brian Beuchaw >
wrote:

> As all the others have said, take her to a vet ASAP! But having said
> that, our cat does growl when she gets spooked by hearing someone in the
> apartment entryway. Sometimes we don't even hear anything, and she'll
> start growling and run off to hide. But if you have circumstances any
> different than those, get to a vet with her...

Rudy growls like that when he's ****ed, and that doesn't happen very often
(it's usually Levi's fault). If he started doing it more frequently, I'd
be very alarmed that he was sick or in pain or both.

--
Lynne