PDA

View Full Version : Breaking a cat of nocturnal behavior

January 17th 07, 08:47 PM
Well, little Evangeline is a night owl. So today I've been keeping her
awake, ALL day. She's not happy but I have to break her of the nocturnal
behavior.

I suspect her prior slave was a college kid. Roommate had turned her
into the pound and I know college kids are night owls.

So we'll see if this little reset of the clock works.

Buddy's Mom
January 17th 07, 09:19 PM
Good luck, but I don't think it will work. Let us know.

T wrote:
> Well, little Evangeline is a night owl. So today I've been keeping her
> awake, ALL day. She's not happy but I have to break her of the nocturnal
> behavior.
>
> I suspect her prior slave was a college kid. Roommate had turned her
> into the pound and I know college kids are night owls.
>
> So we'll see if this little reset of the clock works.

MoMo via CatKB.com
January 17th 07, 09:49 PM
Maybe she is trying to break you of your nocturnal sleeping habit ;)

T wrote:
>Well, little Evangeline is a night owl. So today I've been keeping her
>awake, ALL day. She's not happy but I have to break her of the nocturnal
>behavior.
>
>I suspect her prior slave was a college kid. Roommate had turned her
>into the pound and I know college kids are night owls.
>
>So we'll see if this little reset of the clock works.

Matthew
January 17th 07, 11:17 PM
T, I have some ocean front property for sale in Arizona if you think you
can break a cat habit of being nocturnal ;-)

"T" > wrote in message
. ..
> Well, little Evangeline is a night owl. So today I've been keeping her
> awake, ALL day. She's not happy but I have to break her of the nocturnal
> behavior.
>
> I suspect her prior slave was a college kid. Roommate had turned her
> into the pound and I know college kids are night owls.
>
> So we'll see if this little reset of the clock works.

January 18th 07, 12:58 AM
In article >,
says...
> T, I have some ocean front property for sale in Arizona if you think you
> can break a cat habit of being nocturnal ;-)
>
> "T" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Well, little Evangeline is a night owl. So today I've been keeping her
> > awake, ALL day. She's not happy but I have to break her of the nocturnal
> > behavior.
> >
> > I suspect her prior slave was a college kid. Roommate had turned her
> > into the pound and I know college kids are night owls.
> >
> > So we'll see if this little reset of the clock works.

Actually it's working. I kept her up until a half hour ago then she
slept. I'll wake her in an hour and play for an hour. Then we'll see.

Matthew
January 18th 07, 01:14 AM
Remember that when she does it to you ;-)

"T" > wrote in message
. ..
> In article >,
> says...
>> T, I have some ocean front property for sale in Arizona if you think you
>> can break a cat habit of being nocturnal ;-)
>>
>> "T" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>> > Well, little Evangeline is a night owl. So today I've been keeping her
>> > awake, ALL day. She's not happy but I have to break her of the
>> > nocturnal
>> > behavior.
>> >
>> > I suspect her prior slave was a college kid. Roommate had turned her
>> > into the pound and I know college kids are night owls.
>> >
>> > So we'll see if this little reset of the clock works.
>> >

> Actually it's working. I kept her up until a half hour ago then she
> slept. I'll wake her in an hour and play for an hour. Then we'll see.

Lynne
January 18th 07, 01:17 AM
on Thu, 18 Jan 2007 00:14:44 GMT, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> Remember that when she does it to you ;-)

cue evil laughter

--
Lynne

MoMo via CatKB.com
January 18th 07, 01:47 AM
Very good point Matthew. lol
Matthew wrote:
>Remember that when she does it to you ;-)
>
>>> T, I have some ocean front property for sale in Arizona if you think you
>>> can break a cat habit of being nocturnal ;-)
>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
>> Actually it's working. I kept her up until a half hour ago then she
>> slept. I'll wake her in an hour and play for an hour. Then we'll see.

January 18th 07, 02:53 AM
In article >,
says...
> Remember that when she does it to you ;-)

Luckily I'm 40dB down in my left ear, so if I sleep with my right ear on
the pillow I'll never hear a thing. Plus there's a door that will be
closed.

Buddy's Mom
January 18th 07, 11:53 PM
How is kitty doing now?

T wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
> > Remember that when she does it to you ;-)
>
> Luckily I'm 40dB down in my left ear, so if I sleep with my right ear on
> the pillow I'll never hear a thing. Plus there's a door that will be
> closed.

January 19th 07, 03:46 AM
In article . com>,
says...
> How is kitty doing now?
>
> T wrote:
> > In article >,
> > says...
> > > Remember that when she does it to you ;-)
> >
> > Luckily I'm 40dB down in my left ear, so if I sleep with my right ear on
> > the pillow I'll never hear a thing. Plus there's a door that will be
> > closed.

Good - she was awake all day and is just zonking now.

She's getting it.

BTW, here's a video of her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_N3MTDeAKw

cybercat
January 19th 07, 04:16 AM
"T" > wrote

> Good - she was awake all day and is just zonking now.
>
> She's getting it.
>
> BTW, here's a video of her:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_N3MTDeAKw

Hilarious. You just made me remember, I did this to my cat
years ago, for the same reason. It was kind of a joke, but it
actually worked. I was on a tight schedule (full-time school
and full-time work) and she would not let me sleep the 4-5
hours I had for it. So when I got home, I kept waking her up
until we went to bed together.

Clyde
May 4th 07, 01:01 PM
You may as well go ahead and accept the loving, gentle training your cat is
offering you. Eventually you will sleep through even the most vigorus
2a.m. play session. Your cat will also eventually learn that when you are
in the bed with the lights out, the bed is for sleeping, and barfing of
course!

Clyde