PDA

View Full Version : wound won't heal due to scatching

atalog
January 17th 07, 09:04 PM
Hi, My cat Purl was wounded (open abrasion) in what I am assuming was
a fight. By the following day it was clear that she was making it worse
by licking and scratching. The wound is right on the side of her neck
so I didn't think I should use a cone around her head. I have been
using a cuff and sleeve pieces of old jerseys and cutting openings for
her arms, like a sleevless turtle neck on her. This has been effective,
size of wound is greatly reduced. But then she has gotten to the point
muliple times where the scab is about to fall off and she must just
keep scratching to the point that it opens up again. It has never shown
any sign of infection. I have been trying to avoid a vet still holding
out hope that it will heal as it is now about an inch long after having
been about four inches or more. Any suggestions? Thanks

Buddy's Mom
January 17th 07, 09:17 PM
Take her to the vet. I know you didn't want to hear that, but you also
know that that is what you should do.