PDA

View Full Version : Evangeline Adapting Nicely

January 22nd 07, 01:01 AM
Well, Evangeline is a diurnal cat now.

She's becoming much more affectionate with us now which confirms that I
was correct in my estimate at the pound that she'd be a good cat.

And she's a mouser. I couldn't be happier.

But she's sneezing lately, dry sneezes and her eyes are clear and not
mucous filled, etc. She has an appointment to see the vet this coming
Saturday and is eating and drinking normally as well.

I suspect she might be allergic to something in the house.

Buddy's Mom
January 22nd 07, 01:25 AM
Probably something she picked up at the shelter.

T wrote:
> Well, Evangeline is a diurnal cat now.
>
> She's becoming much more affectionate with us now which confirms that I
> was correct in my estimate at the pound that she'd be a good cat.
>
> And she's a mouser. I couldn't be happier.
>
> But she's sneezing lately, dry sneezes and her eyes are clear and not
> mucous filled, etc. She has an appointment to see the vet this coming
> Saturday and is eating and drinking normally as well.
>
> I suspect she might be allergic to something in the house.

Gail
January 22nd 07, 01:50 AM
Yes, sounds like an upper respiratory infection and she may need
antibiotics.
Gail
"T" > wrote in message
. ..
> Well, Evangeline is a diurnal cat now.
>
> She's becoming much more affectionate with us now which confirms that I
> was correct in my estimate at the pound that she'd be a good cat.
>
> And she's a mouser. I couldn't be happier.
>
> But she's sneezing lately, dry sneezes and her eyes are clear and not
> mucous filled, etc. She has an appointment to see the vet this coming
> Saturday and is eating and drinking normally as well.
>
> I suspect she might be allergic to something in the house.

January 22nd 07, 01:54 AM
In article . com>,
says...
> Probably something she picked up at the shelter.

If it is, it's a URI. They had one whole ward of cats that had URI's.
She wasn't one of them though. But here's the thing, I noticed the hand
sterilization unit between the two and used it when I went between the
two sections. I bet other people didn't. So in essence, the whole pound
probably is URI infected.

Lynne
January 22nd 07, 03:03 AM
on Mon, 22 Jan 2007 01:54:46 GMT, T > wrote:

> If it is, it's a URI. They had one whole ward of cats that had URI's.
> She wasn't one of them though. But here's the thing, I noticed the hand
> sterilization unit between the two and used it when I went between the
> two sections. I bet other people didn't. So in essence, the whole pound
> probably is URI infected.

Are urinary tract infections contagious?

I'm glad Evangeline is adapting so well and I hope she's feeling better
soon. I wish my cats would catch some of these dang meece we have!
Thankfully, my dog is a good mouser.

--
Lynne

Lynne
January 22nd 07, 03:04 AM
on Mon, 22 Jan 2007 03:03:49 GMT, Lynne >
wrote:

> Are urinary tract infections contagious?

Jeeze, never mind. I read UTI when you wrote URI. Need. Sleep. Now.

--
Lynne

January 23rd 07, 12:48 AM
In article >,
says...
> on Mon, 22 Jan 2007 01:54:46 GMT, T > wrote:
>
> > If it is, it's a URI. They had one whole ward of cats that had URI's.
> > She wasn't one of them though. But here's the thing, I noticed the hand
> > sterilization unit between the two and used it when I went between the
> > two sections. I bet other people didn't. So in essence, the whole pound
> > probably is URI infected.
>
> Are urinary tract infections contagious?
>
> I'm glad Evangeline is adapting so well and I hope she's feeling better
> soon. I wish my cats would catch some of these dang meece we have!
> Thankfully, my dog is a good mouser.

URI = Upper Respiratory Infection.

Lynne
January 23rd 07, 03:40 AM