PDA

View Full Version : upsetting 2 year old

nay
January 24th 07, 02:57 PM
Hi there,
I have a lady who comes to clean my home and she brings her 2 year old
along with her. I have asked her not to bring him as he upsets my cats
and my dog. He is forever chasing them around and this morning, he
pulled one of my cats' tails. This was the last straw for me. I
picked him up and put him outside in the back yard and shut the door.
I went in to his mother and told her that unless she teaches him, she
has to leave him home with her mother like she use to in the beginning.
am I over - reacting? My 2 year old nephew comes there and plays with
my cats and never ever chases them around. they even sit on his lap
when he watches Barney and the eat chips with him.

please advise.
thanx

Rene S.
January 24th 07, 03:52 PM
On Jan 24, 8:57 am, "nay" > wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have a lady who comes to clean my home and she brings her 2 year old
> along with her. I have asked her not to bring him as he upsets my cats
> and my dog. He is forever chasing them around and this morning, he
> pulled one of my cats' tails. This was the last straw for me. I
> picked him up and put him outside in the back yard and shut the door.
> I went in to his mother and told her that unless she teaches him, she
> has to leave him home with her mother like she use to in the beginning.
> am I over - reacting? My 2 year old nephew comes there and plays with
> my cats and never ever chases them around. they even sit on his lap
> when he watches Barney and the eat chips with him.
>
> please advise.
> thanx

No, you are not overreaction. I've never heard of a professional
cleaning person bringing her children along on the job. I would find a
new cleaning person.

cindys
January 24th 07, 03:52 PM
On Jan 24, 9:57 am, "nay" > wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have a lady who comes to clean my home and she brings her 2 year old
> along with her. I have asked her not to bring him as he upsets my cats
> and my dog. He is forever chasing them around and this morning, he
> pulled one of my cats' tails. This was the last straw for me. I
> picked him up and put him outside in the back yard and shut the door.
> I went in to his mother and told her that unless she teaches him, she
> has to leave him home with her mother like she use to in the beginning.
> am I over - reacting? My 2 year old nephew comes there and plays with
> my cats and never ever chases them around. they even sit on his lap
> when he watches Barney and the eat chips with him.
--------------
Many years ago, my husband and I were part of a dinner club where four
families would take turns having the other families over for dinner.
One of the families had a small child who started chasing my cats. The
cats responded by running into the bedroom to hide under the beds. When
the child attempted to follow the cats into the bedroom. I said to the
child (very nicely): "My cats don't like to be chased. They ran in the
bedroom for privacy. If they want to play, they'll come out later."
Well, the child began to cry, and the mother rebuked me, saying that
her child wasn't used to be scolded by anyone other than his parents. I
thought to myself: "Too bad! Then, maybe she should have scolded him
before I needed to." In my house, the needs of a child to chase my cats
DOES NOT take priority over the needs of the cats to be free from
harassment.

A few years later when we were having dinner at their house (the child
was a little older then and had a sister), the family was taking care
of their neighbor's litter of kittens (obviously, the neighbors had
allowed the mother cat to roam and had not had her spayed). The
children were playing catch with one of the kittens. The parents
watched and said nothing. I was mortified and again put a stop to that.
They were also quite happy to share with us that another neighbor's cat
who was permitted to roam outside had originally been adopted from a
no-kill shelter where part of the agreement was that the cat would be
inside only. At any rate, we discontinued our relationship with these
people after that.

I think you should tell your cleaning lady that she needs to leave the
child at home. If she doesn't comply, hire somebody else.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

bobblespin
January 24th 07, 04:00 PM
"nay" > wrote in news:[email protected]
13g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

> Hi there,
> I have a lady who comes to clean my home and she brings her 2 year old
> along with her. I have asked her not to bring him as he upsets my
cats
> and my dog. He is forever chasing them around and this morning, he
> pulled one of my cats' tails. This was the last straw for me. I
> picked him up and put him outside in the back yard and shut the door.
> I went in to his mother and told her that unless she teaches him, she
> has to leave him home with her mother like she use to in the
beginning.
> am I over - reacting? My 2 year old nephew comes there and plays
with
> my cats and never ever chases them around. they even sit on his lap
> when he watches Barney and the eat chips with him.
>
> please advise.
> thanx

Your house, your money, your rules. If she's really good and you would
have a hard time finding another cleaning lady, tell her this is her
final warning. If she's not so good and there are other cleaners
around, give her her notice AFTER she has cleaned your house and is
about to leave (to minimize any damage she might do to your house out of
spite.)

Bobble

--
Have you hugged your cat today?

Sonny's web page --> http://web.ncf.ca/ai151/index2.html

January 24th 07, 04:14 PM
My cat doesn't like kids, he's just not used to them I suppose. When
my ex's son used to come over and chase the cat, I told him he needs to
be careful because the cat will get you one day, and he did. He'd
chased him under the bed, and I suppose the cat felt backed into a
corner, so lashed out (which is the first and only time he's done it,
apart from in play), gave an almight hiss and swatted him on his nose,
making it bleed. For some reason the cat was always treated with the
upmost respect from that day on!

On 24 Jan, 16:00, bobblespin > wrote:
> "nay" > wrote in news:[email protected]
> 13g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:
>

> > Hi there,
> > I have a lady who comes to clean my home and she brings her 2 year old
> > along with her. I have asked her not to bring him as he upsets my
> cats
> > and my dog. He is forever chasing them around and this morning, he
> > pulled one of my cats' tails. This was the last straw for me. I
> > picked him up and put him outside in the back yard and shut the door.
> > I went in to his mother and told her that unless she teaches him, she
> > has to leave him home with her mother like she use to in the
> beginning.
> > am I over - reacting? My 2 year old nephew comes there and plays
> with
> > my cats and never ever chases them around. they even sit on his lap
> > when he watches Barney and the eat chips with him.
>
> > please advise.
> > thanxYour house, your money, your rules. If she's really good and you would
> have a hard time finding another cleaning lady, tell her this is her
> final warning. If she's not so good and there are other cleaners
> around, give her her notice AFTER she has cleaned your house and is
> about to leave (to minimize any damage she might do to your house out of
> spite.)
>
> Bobble
>
> --
> Have you hugged your cat today?
>
> Sonny's web page -->http://web.ncf.ca/ai151/index2.html- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Edna Pearl
January 24th 07, 06:16 PM
You are not overreacting. She's wrong to bring her child to work in the
first place, and the child must learn to treat animals properly -- who
better to teach him than his mother.

ep

"nay" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi there,
> I have a lady who comes to clean my home and she brings her 2 year old
> along with her. I have asked her not to bring him as he upsets my cats
> and my dog. He is forever chasing them around and this morning, he
> pulled one of my cats' tails. This was the last straw for me. I
> picked him up and put him outside in the back yard and shut the door.
> I went in to his mother and told her that unless she teaches him, she
> has to leave him home with her mother like she use to in the beginning.
> am I over - reacting? My 2 year old nephew comes there and plays with
> my cats and never ever chases them around. they even sit on his lap
> when he watches Barney and the eat chips with him.
>
> please advise.
> thanx

bookie
January 24th 07, 07:31 PM
On 24 Jan, 14:57, "nay" > wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have a lady who comes to clean my home and she brings her 2 year old
> along with her. I have asked her not to bring him as he upsets my cats
> and my dog. He is forever chasing them around and this morning, he
> pulled one of my cats' tails. This was the last straw for me. I
> picked him up and put him outside in the back yard and shut the door.
> I went in to his mother and told her that unless she teaches him, she
> has to leave him home with her mother like she use to in the beginning.
> am I over - reacting? My 2 year old nephew comes there and plays with
> my cats and never ever chases them around. they even sit on his lap
> when he watches Barney and the eat chips with him.

get rid of this woman immediately, do not allow her into your house
ever again, get another cleaner or do it yourself, do not feel guilty
about it at all if anything SHE should feel guilty about what her
nasty, undisciplined offspring did to your cat. Your cats have a right
to enjoy their home free from harrassment by a badly brought up brat
and if she does not agree then get rid of her. Christ, I would have
given her her marching orders immediately and not even given it another
thought.

why is she bringing her obviously savage son to your house when she
cleans anyway? what if he breaks something whilst she is there, which
considering the way he has behaved so far seems likely to me.

please post back and tell us you have given her the boot, I don't like
the idea of your cats being exposed to this horrible little demon
again, if you really love your cats you will do it.

bookie

> please advise.
> thanx

Matthew
January 24th 07, 07:51 PM
First that is unprofessional of a person (s) to bring their child to
another's home while providing cleaning services specially if unannounced.
Get another cleaning service they are a dime a dozen around the world.

Second if any "child" as you described did this to my furballs. The "child"
and his mother would have ended up on their ass out of my house if they
didn't listen. If he would have grabbed Phantom's, Spirit's or Rumble's
tail that child would have been shredded.

In this sue happy world all it takes is a asshole judge to see the others
point of view and you can loose everything. Heed this warning

This happened when a friend brought his grandson to "my" house. He saw my
cats and went after them screaming all the way till an abrupt stop in midair
when I snatched him by his suspenders and handed him back to his
grandfather. I told him if he touches the cats the will rip him to shreds
and I won't stop him next time. My friend makes sure his grandson is close
by but now he is old enough to understand but still NO TOUCH.

"nay" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi there,
> I have a lady who comes to clean my home and she brings her 2 year old
> along with her. I have asked her not to bring him as he upsets my cats
> and my dog. He is forever chasing them around and this morning, he
> pulled one of my cats' tails. This was the last straw for me. I
> picked him up and put him outside in the back yard and shut the door.
> I went in to his mother and told her that unless she teaches him, she
> has to leave him home with her mother like she use to in the beginning.
> am I over - reacting? My 2 year old nephew comes there and plays with
> my cats and never ever chases them around. they even sit on his lap
> when he watches Barney and the eat chips with him.
>
> please advise.
> thanx

MaryL
January 25th 07, 02:48 AM
"nay" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi there,
> I have a lady who comes to clean my home and she brings her 2 year old
> along with her. I have asked her not to bring him as he upsets my cats
> and my dog. He is forever chasing them around and this morning, he
> pulled one of my cats' tails. This was the last straw for me. I
> picked him up and put him outside in the back yard and shut the door.
> I went in to his mother and told her that unless she teaches him, she
> has to leave him home with her mother like she use to in the beginning.
> am I over - reacting? My 2 year old nephew comes there and plays with
> my cats and never ever chases them around. they even sit on his lap
> when he watches Barney and the eat chips with him.
>
> please advise.
> thanx

No, you're not overreating. She should not bring a child of *any* age. I
would tell her you no longer need her services (you can be diplomatic about
it) and look for someone else. Incidentally, this could also protect you
from possible liability. If the child were to fall and injure himself, it's
possible you could be held financially liable.

MaryL

nay
January 25th 07, 09:00 AM
Thank you for helping me clear this up in my head guys. I have given
my cleaning lady the boot. I offered to put him in day care for her if
she wanted and even offered to arrange a sitter for her if this was her
reason for bringing him to work. She blatantly told me that she was
the only one who could take care of her kid and she would continue
bringing him to work. I then told her that I would no longer need her
services, as the contract we initially signed stated in bold letters
that no children were allowed to come to work with her. At the time of
drawing up the contract, my husband said I was being melodramatic but I
thank my lucky stars that I did. It has given me a good loophole to
let her go without any hassles.

thanx again for helping me gain clarity. You see, I'm a typical
cat....when things irritate, I lash out and checking in with you was
just to make sure that I wasnt arching my back for nothing.

love you all lots

Nay

On Jan 24, 5:52 pm, "Rene S." > wrote:
> On Jan 24, 8:57 am, "nay" > wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> > I have a lady who comes to clean my home and she brings her 2 year old
> > along with her. I have asked her not to bring him as he upsets my cats
> > and my dog. He is forever chasing them around and this morning, he
> > pulled one of my cats' tails. This was the last straw for me. I
> > picked him up and put him outside in the back yard and shut the door.
> > I went in to his mother and told her that unless she teaches him, she
> > has to leave him home with her mother like she use to in the beginning.
> > am I over - reacting? My 2 year old nephew comes there and plays with
> > my cats and never ever chases them around. they even sit on his lap
> > when he watches Barney and the eat chips with him.
>
> > please advise.
> > thanxNo, you are not overreaction. I've never heard of a professional
> cleaning person bringing her children along on the job. I would find a
> new cleaning person.

cindys
January 25th 07, 01:42 PM
Great ending. Thank you for telling us how things turned out. FTR, I have
never had a written contract with a cleaning lady, and even if I did, it
would never occur to me to include a clause about not bringing children. How
did you think of this?

As a side note, I also once gave a cleaner (this one was a man) the boot. He
didn't like cats, so my house was a bad place for him to work since I had
four cats at the time (now I have five). He was constantly complaining that
he would clean something and then the cats would mess it up, and it was his
*policy* that once he cleaned something, he wasn't going to reclean it ten
minutes later (so who asked him to? And he was grossly exaggerating anyway).
The last straw came when he claimed that my cats had given him fleas and he
was supposedly covered in flea bites. Since my cats are/were strictly
indoors, and I hadn't seen a flea on the cats or in the house for years, and
my husband and I and our children didn't have any flea bites, this was
obviously a total lie. I told him if he had flea bites, he obviously got
them at somebody else's house. It was at that point that he serendipitiously
decided to go away on vacation saying he would phone me on his return. In
his absence, I hired someone else. He was technically only on vacation for a
few weeks, but he never did phone me until a few months later. At that point
I told him I had made other arrangements.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

"nay" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Thank you for helping me clear this up in my head guys. I have given
> my cleaning lady the boot. I offered to put him in day care for her if
> she wanted and even offered to arrange a sitter for her if this was her
> reason for bringing him to work. She blatantly told me that she was
> the only one who could take care of her kid and she would continue
> bringing him to work. I then told her that I would no longer need her
> services, as the contract we initially signed stated in bold letters
> that no children were allowed to come to work with her. At the time of
> drawing up the contract, my husband said I was being melodramatic but I
> thank my lucky stars that I did. It has given me a good loophole to
> let her go without any hassles.
>
> thanx again for helping me gain clarity. You see, I'm a typical
> cat....when things irritate, I lash out and checking in with you was
> just to make sure that I wasnt arching my back for nothing.
>
> love you all lots
>
> Nay
>

> On Jan 24, 5:52 pm, "Rene S." > wrote:
>> On Jan 24, 8:57 am, "nay" > wrote:
>>
>> > Hi there,
>> > I have a lady who comes to clean my home and she brings her 2 year old
>> > along with her. I have asked her not to bring him as he upsets my cats
>> > and my dog. He is forever chasing them around and this morning, he
>> > pulled one of my cats' tails. This was the last straw for me. I
>> > picked him up and put him outside in the back yard and shut the door.
>> > I went in to his mother and told her that unless she teaches him, she
>> > has to leave him home with her mother like she use to in the beginning.
>> > am I over - reacting? My 2 year old nephew comes there and plays with
>> > my cats and never ever chases them around. they even sit on his lap
>> > when he watches Barney and the eat chips with him.
>>
>> > please advise.
>> > thanxNo, you are not overreaction. I've never heard of a professional
>> cleaning person bringing her children along on the job. I would find a
>> new cleaning person.

MaryL
January 25th 07, 02:00 PM
"cindys" > wrote in message
> Great ending. Thank you for telling us how things turned out. FTR, I have
> never had a written contract with a cleaning lady, and even if I did, it
> would never occur to me to include a clause about not bringing children.
> How did you think of this?
>
> As a side note, I also once gave a cleaner (this one was a man) the boot.
> He didn't like cats, so my house was a bad place for him to work since I
> had four cats at the time (now I have five).
<snip>
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

I have never had a contract for cleaning service, lawn care, etc. However,
I gave someone "the boot" once because of his attitude to Duffy. This man
had cleaned windows for me for several years (and did a good job), but it
was too much for me when he laughed at Duffy because Duffy is blind. At
first, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed that he just didn't
realize how appalling it is to laugh at a disability. But when I started to
tell him how special Duffy is and what a wonderful cat he is, he laughed
again and said Duffy should be put to sleep. That did it! He has had no
further employment from me, and he knows why.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Matthew
January 25th 07, 04:24 PM
I have a similar incident. I had a contractor come in to install the
hurricane protection inside shutters. He walked in and the first words out
of his mouth Oh you have cats I hate cats. I turned around opened the door
and told him to get the [email protected] out of my house and don't come back. He asked
why I said if you have to ask after that comment that means your are an
idiot and will [email protected] up my job.

> "cindys" > wrote in message
>> Great ending. Thank you for telling us how things turned out. FTR, I have
>> never had a written contract with a cleaning lady, and even if I did, it
>> would never occur to me to include a clause about not bringing children.
>> How did you think of this?
>>
>> As a side note, I also once gave a cleaner (this one was a man) the boot.
>> He didn't like cats, so my house was a bad place for him to work since I
>> had four cats at the time (now I have five).
> <snip>
>> Best regards,
>> ---Cindy S.
>>

> I have never had a contract for cleaning service, lawn care, etc.
> However, I gave someone "the boot" once because of his attitude to Duffy.
> This man had cleaned windows for me for several years (and did a good
> job), but it was too much for me when he laughed at Duffy because Duffy is
> blind. At first, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed that he
> just didn't realize how appalling it is to laugh at a disability. But
> when I started to tell him how special Duffy is and what a wonderful cat
> he is, he laughed again and said Duffy should be put to sleep. That did
> it! He has had no further employment from me, and he knows why.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

cindys
January 25th 07, 07:18 PM

> I have never had a contract for cleaning service, lawn care, etc.
> However, I gave someone "the boot" once because of his attitude to Duffy.
> This man had cleaned windows for me for several years (and did a good
> job), but it was too much for me when he laughed at Duffy because Duffy is
> blind. At first, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed that he
> just didn't realize how appalling it is to laugh at a disability. But
> when I started to tell him how special Duffy is and what a wonderful cat
> he is, he laughed again and said Duffy should be put to sleep.

The suggestion is heartbreaking. In your shoes, if someone said that to me,
I would want to cry.

>That did it! He has had no further employment from me, and he knows why.

Good for you! People are so thoughtless. When my Molly was so sick with CRF,
and it was only a matter of time, I was sharing with someone whom I thought
was a friend some of the things we were going through -- the medications,
trips to the vet, blood work, the emotional rollercoaster etc. My so-called
friend *humorously* quipped "Well, there is a cure for all of that you
know..." I was stunned. I told him I couldn't believe he would be so
flippant regarding an animal I obviously loved (especially considering that
he had a dog whom he presumably loved). He did apologize and looked
genuinely sorry. I have forgiven him, but I don't think I'll ever forget.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

MaryL
January 26th 07, 12:47 AM
"cindys" > wrote in message

> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>

>> I have never had a contract for cleaning service, lawn care, etc.
>> However, I gave someone "the boot" once because of his attitude to Duffy.
>> This man had cleaned windows for me for several years (and did a good
>> job), but it was too much for me when he laughed at Duffy because Duffy
>> is blind. At first, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed that
>> he just didn't realize how appalling it is to laugh at a disability. But
>> when I started to tell him how special Duffy is and what a wonderful cat
>> he is, he laughed again and said Duffy should be put to sleep.
>
> The suggestion is heartbreaking. In your shoes, if someone said that to
> me, I would want to cry.

I didn't feel like crying -- I was *enraged.* I don't get angry very often,
but I sure did that time.

>>That did it! He has had no further employment from me, and he knows why.
>
> Good for you! People are so thoughtless. When my Molly was so sick with
> CRF, and it was only a matter of time, I was sharing with someone whom I
> thought was a friend some of the things we were going through -- the
> medications, trips to the vet, blood work, the emotional rollercoaster
> etc. My so-called friend *humorously* quipped "Well, there is a cure for
> all of that you know..." I was stunned.

I would have been stunned, too. People can be so insensitive at times,
particularly people who think "it's just an animal..."

>I told him I couldn't believe he would be so flippant regarding an animal I
>obviously loved (especially considering that he had a dog whom he
>presumably loved). He did apologize and looked genuinely sorry. I have
>forgiven him, but I don't think I'll ever forget.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

nay
January 26th 07, 06:13 AM
I was taught by an ex employer that when you draw up a contract,
everything should be in it. all your likes and dislikes, what you
expect, what you want etc and if something is not reflected in the
contract, it can become a loophole. I knew she had a child and I knew
I would be away from home while she cleaned up the place and I didnt
want to take any chances so I added it in. I also put in a clause about
not allowing anyone into my home without my prior consent. This would
ensure that if I walked in and found her lover there, it would be
grounds for dismissal.

one has to be careful and one has to be honest and upfront.
hope this helps for the future

Nay

On Jan 25, 3:42 pm, "cindys" > wrote:
> Great ending. Thank you for telling us how things turned out. FTR, I have
> never had a written contract with a cleaning lady, and even if I did, it
> would never occur to me to include a clause about not bringing children. How
> did you think of this?
>
>> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.
>
> "nay" > wrote in oglegroups.com...
>

> > Thank you for helping me clear this up in my head guys. I have given
> > my cleaning lady the boot. I offered to put him in day care for her if
> > she wanted and even offered to arrange a sitter for her if this was her
> > reason for bringing him to work. She blatantly told me that she was
> > the only one who could take care of her kid and she would continue
> > bringing him to work. I then told her that I would no longer need her
> > services, as the contract we initially signed stated in bold letters
> > that no children were allowed to come to work with her. At the time of
> > drawing up the contract, my husband said I was being melodramatic but I
> > thank my lucky stars that I did. It has given me a good loophole to
> > let her go without any hassles.
>
> > thanx again for helping me gain clarity. You see, I'm a typical
> > cat....when things irritate, I lash out and checking in with you was
> > just to make sure that I wasnt arching my back for nothing.
>
> > love you all lots
>
> > Nay

> >> cleaning person bringing her children along on the job. I would find a
> >> new cleaning person.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

nay
January 26th 07, 06:15 AM
way to go !!!! Cat power !!

On Jan 25, 6:24 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> I have a similar incident. I had a contractor come in to install the
> hurricane protection inside shutters. He walked in and the first words out
> of his mouth Oh you have cats I hate cats. I turned around opened the door
> and told him to get the [email protected] out of my house and don't come back. He asked
> why I said if you have to ask after that comment that means your are an
> idiot and will [email protected] up my job.
>
> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in ...
>

> > "cindys" > wrote in message
> >> Great ending. Thank you for telling us how things turned out. FTR, I have
> >> never had a written contract with a cleaning lady, and even if I did, it
> >> would never occur to me to include a clause about not bringing children.
> >> How did you think of this?
>
> >> As a side note, I also once gave a cleaner (this one was a man) the boot.
> >> He didn't like cats, so my house was a bad place for him to work since I
> >> had four cats at the time (now I have five).
> > <snip>
> >> Best regards,
> >> ---Cindy S.
>
> > I have never had a contract for cleaning service, lawn care, etc.
> > However, I gave someone "the boot" once because of his attitude to Duffy.
> > This man had cleaned windows for me for several years (and did a good
> > job), but it was too much for me when he laughed at Duffy because Duffy is
> > blind. At first, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed that he
> > just didn't realize how appalling it is to laugh at a disability. But
> > when I started to tell him how special Duffy is and what a wonderful cat
> > he is, he laughed again and said Duffy should be put to sleep. That did
> > it! He has had no further employment from me, and he knows why.
>
> > MaryL
>
> > Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
> > Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
> > Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> > Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

nay
January 26th 07, 06:21 AM
people can be such arseholes!! I'm glad you gave him the boot. It
serves him right. How is Duffy doing these days and how do you keep
him out of trouble and sticky situations? My sister has a cat who is
blind in one eye and he bumps into almost everything but he has the
sweetest nature and the most loving little purrr !!! I sometimes fetch
him to come and play with my babies and they all get on really well.
My older cat goes where-ever he goes....just to make sure he is okay.

> I gave someone "the boot" once because of his attitude to Duffy. This man
> had cleaned windows for me for several years (and did a good job), but it
> was too much for me when he laughed at Duffy because Duffy is blind. At
> first, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed that he just didn't
> realize how appalling it is to laugh at a disability. But when I started to
> tell him how special Duffy is and what a wonderful cat he is, he laughed
> again and said Duffy should be put to sleep. That did it! He has had no
> further employment from me, and he knows why.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

MaryL
January 26th 07, 11:06 AM
"nay" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> people can be such arseholes!! I'm glad you gave him the boot. It
> serves him right. How is Duffy doing these days and how do you keep
> him out of trouble and sticky situations? My sister has a cat who is
> blind in one eye and he bumps into almost everything but he has the
> sweetest nature and the most loving little purrr !!! I sometimes fetch
> him to come and play with my babies and they all get on really well.
> My older cat goes where-ever he goes....just to make sure he is okay.

Duffy and Holly are both doing well -- *great,* in fact. I really don't
need to do anything to keep Duffy out of trouble or sticky situations. The
event I described where he basically went "bonkers" when I applied
Revolution is the *only* time I have ever seen him act like that.
Otherwise, he is an incredible little cat and can do almost anything that
Holly can. The only exception is that he cannot simply run through the
house at full speed, as she can. But he will come trotting to me with tail
held high and making the cutest little chirping sounds, and he is an
incredible gymnast -- he loves to climb and can scale the most incredible
objects, all without ever falling or breaking anything. I did install
carpeted posts beside the computer hutch and along the top of it because he
will get up there and then reach down toward me when I am working on the
computer and I was afraid he might slip off the polished wood. The carpeted
post gives him something to grasp.

Thanks for asking.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

cindys
January 26th 07, 12:53 PM
Thank you.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

"nay" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I was taught by an ex employer that when you draw up a contract,
> everything should be in it. all your likes and dislikes, what you
> expect, what you want etc and if something is not reflected in the
> contract, it can become a loophole. I knew she had a child and I knew
> I would be away from home while she cleaned up the place and I didnt
> want to take any chances so I added it in. I also put in a clause about
> not allowing anyone into my home without my prior consent. This would
> ensure that if I walked in and found her lover there, it would be
> grounds for dismissal.
>
> one has to be careful and one has to be honest and upfront.
> hope this helps for the future
>
> Nay
>
> On Jan 25, 3:42 pm, "cindys" > wrote:
>> Great ending. Thank you for telling us how things turned out. FTR, I have
>> never had a written contract with a cleaning lady, and even if I did, it
>> would never occur to me to include a clause about not bringing children.
>> How
>> did you think of this?
>>
>>> Best regards,
>> ---Cindy S.
>>
>> "nay" > wrote in
>> oglegroups.com...
>>

>> > Thank you for helping me clear this up in my head guys. I have given
>> > my cleaning lady the boot. I offered to put him in day care for her if
>> > she wanted and even offered to arrange a sitter for her if this was her
>> > reason for bringing him to work. She blatantly told me that she was
>> > the only one who could take care of her kid and she would continue
>> > bringing him to work. I then told her that I would no longer need her
>> > services, as the contract we initially signed stated in bold letters
>> > that no children were allowed to come to work with her. At the time of
>> > drawing up the contract, my husband said I was being melodramatic but I
>> > thank my lucky stars that I did. It has given me a good loophole to
>> > let her go without any hassles.
>>
>> > thanx again for helping me gain clarity. You see, I'm a typical
>> > cat....when things irritate, I lash out and checking in with you was
>> > just to make sure that I wasnt arching my back for nothing.
>>
>> > love you all lots
>>
>> > Nay

Lynne
January 26th 07, 10:50 PM
on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:06:01 GMT, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-
LITTER> wrote:

> Duffy and Holly are both doing well -- *great,* in fact.

I love Duffy's story. <3

I may be getting a puppy in April and am thinking of naming him Duffey
(spelled like a dear friend's last name). I always think of your Duffy
when I hear the name. He's really something!

--
Lynne

MaryL
January 27th 07, 10:48 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:06:01 GMT, "MaryL"
> -OUT-THE-
> LITTER> wrote:
>
>> Duffy and Holly are both doing well -- *great,* in fact.
>
> I love Duffy's story. <3
>
> I may be getting a puppy in April and am thinking of naming him Duffey
> (spelled like a dear friend's last name). I always think of your Duffy
> when I hear the name. He's really something!
>
> --
> Lynne

Thanks, Lynne. Duffy really is a special little cat. I can't say enough
good things about him.

MaryL