PDA

View Full Version : Proof we suck as a species

Stick Waver
January 25th 07, 09:42 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg

And what's worse, the comments below show a lot of people actually
thought this was funny. I think I'm going to throw up...

bookie
January 26th 07, 12:36 AM
On 25 Jan, 21:42, Stick Waver > wrote:
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg
>
> And what's worse, the comments below show a lot of people actually
> thought this was funny. I think I'm going to throw up...

that is absolutely, awful the poor cat is completely traumatised,
whoever invented and built that machine needs a ****ing kicking and I
will happily hand it out to them, and also to anyone who puts their
cats into it.
inthe main, cats don't like water, they don't need to be washed like
this, if you are going to bathe your cat you need to start them young
and do it gently so they get used to the process, you do not shove a
fully grown adult cat into a small box and then submit them to hot
water jetting onto them from all angles, totally unnecessary.

the whole idea is just cruel and anyone who puts their cat in it should
be reported for animal abuse.

and yes the fact that alot of people thought that this animals
suffering and distress was funny makes me seethe with anger, I hope
something really nasty happens to all of them soon, something involving
petrol and a lit match perhaps, or maybe an out-of-control chainsaw.

bookie

Lynne
January 26th 07, 01:00 AM
on Thu, 25 Jan 2007 21:42:56 GMT, Stick Waver > wrote:

> http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg
>

> And what's worse, the comments below show a lot of people actually
> thought this was funny. I think I'm going to throw up...

That was sickeningly cruel. I literally got nauseated, watching that poor
cat in that thing. I hope he didn't hurt himself.

--
Lynne

MaryL
January 26th 07, 03:46 AM
"Stick Waver" > wrote in message
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg
>

> And what's worse, the comments below show a lot of people actually thought
> this was funny. I think I'm going to throw up...

What a disgusting thing to do to that poor little cat. The owners of that
pet supply store (and the cat's "owners," as well) should be locked in that
same torture chamber for awhile to see how funny they think it is. One of
those animal rescue groups really should look into this!

MaryL

Smera
January 26th 07, 03:58 AM
"Stick Waver" > wrote in message
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg
>

> And what's worse, the comments below show a lot of people actually thought
> this was funny. I think I'm going to throw up...

Now thats just mean and those people are idiots.

Idiots are aren't the only people known for "stupid cat stunts" though.
Even smart people engage in them from time to time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Krq37IWOpIk

Now, this one I kind of giggle at because it doesn't look like there was
much potential for the cat to be physically harmed, but he sure couldn't
have been happy...

There was no science involved. The cat was literally sneaked onboard the
aircraft by this guy:
http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/shaw-bh.html

One of those, "Hey, I wonder what what happen if..." things...

sheelagh
January 26th 07, 02:09 PM
On 26 Jan, 03:46, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> "Stick Waver" > wrote in om...
>
> >http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg
>
> > And what's worse, the comments below show a lot of people actually thought
> > this was funny. I think I'm going to throw up...What a disgusting thing to do to that poor little cat. The owners of that
> pet supply store (and the cat's "owners," as well) should be locked in that
> same torture chamber for awhile to see how funny they think it is. One of
> those animal rescue groups really should look into this!
>
> MaryL

For all the good that It might do..(because we have no idea whewre this
originate's from, )
I have done precisley that.

I fowarded it to the Rspca.If anyone this side of the pond posted it, I
have complete faith that they will track them down.
It was disgusting!
S;o(

Stick Waver
January 26th 07, 02:22 PM
MaryL wrote:

> "Stick Waver" > wrote in message
>
>>http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg
>>

>>And what's worse, the comments below show a lot of people actually thought
>>this was funny. I think I'm going to throw up...
>

> What a disgusting thing to do to that poor little cat. The owners of that
> pet supply store (and the cat's "owners," as well) should be locked in that
> same torture chamber for awhile to see how funny they think it is. One of
> those animal rescue groups really should look into this!

I already notified them via email.

More outrage couldn't hurt, though. Here's their contact info.:

and

RobZip
January 26th 07, 02:43 PM
"Stick Waver" > wrote in message
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg
>

> And what's worse, the comments below show a lot of people actually thought
> this was funny. I think I'm going to throw up...

What complete asses.... And this is being done by people in the pet
business? Their webpage address here:
http://www.launderpet.com/Pet%20Spa.htm

Locations and contact info here:
http://www.launderpet.com/Our%20Location.htm

People this airheaded and cruel desrve elimination................

Stick Waver
January 26th 07, 02:51 PM
RobZip wrote:

> "Stick Waver" > wrote in message
>
>>http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg
>>

>>And what's worse, the comments below show a lot of people actually thought
>>this was funny. I think I'm going to throw up...
>

> What complete asses.... And this is being done by people in the pet
> business? Their webpage address here:
> http://www.launderpet.com/Pet%20Spa.htm
>
> Locations and contact info here:
> http://www.launderpet.com/Our%20Location.htm
>
> People this airheaded and cruel desrve elimination................

Thank you for that info...

Dave Whiley
January 26th 07, 08:23 PM
"Smera" > wrote in message

> Idiots are aren't the only people known for "stupid cat stunts" though.
> Even smart people engage in them from time to time.
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=Krq37IWOpIk
>
> Now, this one I kind of giggle at because it doesn't look like there was
> much potential for the cat to be physically harmed, but he sure couldn't
> have been happy...
>
> There was no science involved. The cat was literally sneaked onboard the
> aircraft by this guy:
> http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/shaw-bh.html

I've heard of someone else (another NASA pilot if I remember correctly) who
tried the same thing with a cat in a single seat fighter. The story goes
that the cat responded to zero-g by clamping onto the pilots arm, digging in
with all claws, and not letting go until safely back on terra firma and out
of the plane.

Poetic justice, to my mind.

--
Dave

not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname

January 27th 07, 02:10 AM
In article >, stancole1
@yahoo.comTAKE-OUT-THE-LITTER says...

> "Stick Waver" > wrote in message
> > http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg
> >

> > And what's worse, the comments below show a lot of people actually thought
> > this was funny. I think I'm going to throw up...
>
> What a disgusting thing to do to that poor little cat. The owners of that
> pet supply store (and the cat's "owners," as well) should be locked in that
> same torture chamber for awhile to see how funny they think it is. One of
> those animal rescue groups really should look into this!
>
> MaryL

The look on that cats face is a very ****ed off look. I wouldn't be
surprised it the cat clawed out the eyes of it's human.

Cats as a general rule don't need to be bathed. They're self cleaners
and they do quite an effective job. However some cats, particularly fat
cats cannot clean themselves. Luckily they're big and slow enough that
standard bathing isn't an issue.

MaryL
January 27th 07, 01:57 PM
"Stick Waver" > wrote in message
> MaryL wrote:
>
>> "Stick Waver" > wrote in message
>>
>>>http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg
>>>

>>>And what's worse, the comments below show a lot of people actually
>>>thought this was funny. I think I'm going to throw up...
>>

>> What a disgusting thing to do to that poor little cat. The owners of
>> that pet supply store (and the cat's "owners," as well) should be locked
>> in that same torture chamber for awhile to see how funny they think it
>> is. One of those animal rescue groups really should look into this!
>
> I already notified them via email.
>
> More outrage couldn't hurt, though. Here's their contact info.:
>
> and

Thanks for the information. I'm sending email to the Humane Society.

MaryL

MaryL
January 27th 07, 02:14 PM
"Stick Waver" > wrote in message
> MaryL wrote:
>
>> "Stick Waver" > wrote in message
>>
>>>http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg
>>>

>>>And what's worse, the comments below show a lot of people actually
>>>thought this was funny. I think I'm going to throw up...
>>

>> What a disgusting thing to do to that poor little cat. The owners of
>> that pet supply store (and the cat's "owners," as well) should be locked
>> in that same torture chamber for awhile to see how funny they think it
>> is. One of those animal rescue groups really should look into this!
>
> I already notified them via email.
>
> More outrage couldn't hurt, though. Here's their contact info.:
>
> and

Here is the email address for the Humane Society of the US: www.hsus.org
This is the contact page:
http://www.hsus.org/contact_us/

MaryL

Lynne
January 27th 07, 02:24 PM
on Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:14:22 GMT, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-
LITTER> wrote:

> Here is the email address for the Humane Society of the US: www.hsus.org
> This is the contact page:
> http://www.hsus.org/contact_us/

The HSUS is also against pet ownership, FYI. They are not affiliated with
Humane Society shelters.

http://www.thehiddenenemy.com/

--
Lynne

MaryL
January 27th 07, 03:32 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:14:22 GMT, "MaryL"
> -OUT-THE-
> LITTER> wrote:
>
>> Here is the email address for the Humane Society of the US: www.hsus.org
>> This is the contact page:
>> http://www.hsus.org/contact_us/
>>

> The HSUS is also against pet ownership, FYI. They are not affiliated with
> Humane Society shelters.
>
> http://www.thehiddenenemy.com/
>
> --
> Lynne

I can't speak directly tothe article you linked. I can tell you that the
local Humane Society serves as an advisory board to the animal shelter and
performs a lot of services for them. Many of our adoptions can be
attributed directly to involvement of the Humane Society, and the director
of the Humane Society works with the animal shelter to do follow-up visits
to adoptive homes. In fact, I did that myself for some time (but that was a
number of years ago). Some of the current literature I have from the
national organization includes information such as "Providing for Your Pet's
Future Without You" (making arrangements with a friend, provisions in a
will, etc.) and window decals to indicate the number of cats and dogs that
are in the house (for emergency personnel). Nowhere in the literature is
there any suggestion that we should not have pets.

MaryL

Lynne
January 27th 07, 06:07 PM
on Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:32:05 GMT, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:

> I can't speak directly tothe article you linked. I can tell you that
> the local Humane Society serves as an advisory board to the animal
> shelter and performs a lot of services for them. Many of our
> adoptions can be attributed directly to involvement of the Humane
> Society, and the director of the Humane Society works with the animal
> shelter to do follow-up visits to adoptive homes. In fact, I did that
> myself for some time (but that was a number of years ago). Some of
> the current literature I have from the national organization includes
> information such as "Providing for Your Pet's Future Without You"
> (making arrangements with a friend, provisions in a will, etc.) and
> window decals to indicate the number of cats and dogs that are in the
> house (for emergency personnel). Nowhere in the literature is there
> any suggestion that we should not have pets.

Like I said, your local Humane Society and all Humane Society shelters are
not in any way affiliated with the HSUS (Humane Society of the United
States). They have completely different agendas.

--
Lynne

Demon Chunky Style
January 27th 07, 08:38 PM
On Jan 25, 4:42 pm, Stick Waver > wrote:
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg

Thanks for the vid link. That was some hilarious ****!

That cat was jumping like a cricket on a grill! LOFL!!!

MaryL
January 28th 07, 01:47 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
> on Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:32:05 GMT, "MaryL"
> -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:
>
>> I can't speak directly tothe article you linked. I can tell you that
>> the local Humane Society serves as an advisory board to the animal
>> shelter and performs a lot of services for them. Many of our
>> adoptions can be attributed directly to involvement of the Humane
>> Society, and the director of the Humane Society works with the animal
>> shelter to do follow-up visits to adoptive homes. In fact, I did that
>> myself for some time (but that was a number of years ago). Some of
>> the current literature I have from the national organization includes
>> information such as "Providing for Your Pet's Future Without You"
>> (making arrangements with a friend, provisions in a will, etc.) and
>> window decals to indicate the number of cats and dogs that are in the
>> house (for emergency personnel). Nowhere in the literature is there
>> any suggestion that we should not have pets.
>
> Like I said, your local Humane Society and all Humane Society shelters are
> not in any way affiliated with the HSUS (Humane Society of the United
> States). They have completely different agendas.
>
> --
> Lynne

Lynne,

I am going to try to look into this some more because I am somewhat
skeptical of the information provided. I suspect that the site you
mentioned may be in opposition to the HSUS because HSUS does oppose game
hunting -- but as far as I know, it does *not* oppose pet ownership. As a
matter of fact, the town where I live had a large number of evacuees from
Hurricane Katrina and especially from Hurricane Rita. Several hundred
animals of all kinds -- cats, dogs, horses, birds, etc. -- were also taken
in and given shelter. A number of HSUS volunteers out of Dallas arrived
within two days and worked around the clock to help the animal shelter. They
also paid for cages, leashes, food, and various other supplies. I am going
to call the director of the animal shelter on Monday and will verify my
information, but I have already talked to one of the women with a local cat
rescue group who worked with the HSUS volunteers on this project.

MaryL

Lynne
January 28th 07, 03:16 AM
on Sun, 28 Jan 2007 01:47:14 GMT, "MaryL" -OUT-
THE-LITTER> wrote:

> I am going to try to look into this some more because I am somewhat
> skeptical of the information provided.

From the HSUS's own website:

http://www.hsus.org/pets/animal_shelters/what_the_hsus_does_for_shelters/

"At The Humane Society of the United States, we receive numerous
inquiries about our role with local shelters. The HSUS is not a parent
organization for local humane societies, animal shelters, or animal care
and control agencies. Each is an independent organization, governed by
its own bylaws and board of directors (in the case of humane societies),
or local ordinances and officials (in the case of animal care and control
agencies). Funding for local humane societies largely comes from
donations and bequests. Animal care and control programs are generally
funded by the local government."

The HSUS and your local shelters are not affiliated in anyway. The HSUS
does not fund or have any association whatsoever with your local Humane
Society shelters. They say so themselves.

The HSUS is first and foremost an Animal Rights organization. Again, I'm
not talking about your local Humane Society shelter. They are completely
unrelated. The HSUS intentionally confuses the public with very, very
carefully worded publications that have photos of sweet cats and dogs,
but they do nothing to take care of stray or sick animals, shelter them,
or provide spay and neuter programs. They intentionally mislead animal
lovers. Their primary agenda is to abolish dairy and meat production,
stop all pet breeding, end hunting, end animal research, etc. They
haven't always been an AR organization, but they very clearly are now,
and they have been for the better part of 2 decades now.

Don't take my word for it, or the word of the average employee in a
Humane Society shelter who also probably doesn't understand the
disctinction between them and the HSUS. Do your own research. The only
reason I care to point out these distinctions is that I hate to see
people donate to Peta, the SPCA and the HSUS when they don't understand
what their money is being used for. These organizations are not the
least bit cash poor--quite the opposite, in fact. And their methods are
They prey on animal lovers and divert money from where it could really
make a difference: your local shelters and rescue organizations.

Another link, not so radical, and there are thousands more like it:

http://www.activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm/oid/136

--
Lynne

bookie
January 28th 07, 07:50 PM
On 28 Jan, 03:16, Lynne > wrote:
> on Sun, 28 Jan 2007 01:47:14 GMT, "MaryL" -OUT-
>
> THE-LITTER> wrote:
> > I am going to try to look into this some more because I am somewhat
> > skeptical of the information provided.From the HSUS's own website:
>
> http://www.hsus.org/pets/animal_shelters/what_the_hsus_does_for_shelt...
>
> "At The Humane Society of the United States, we receive numerous
> inquiries about our role with local shelters. The HSUS is not a parent
> organization for local humane societies, animal shelters, or animal care
> and control agencies. Each is an independent organization, governed by
> its own bylaws and board of directors (in the case of humane societies),
> or local ordinances and officials (in the case of animal care and control
> agencies). Funding for local humane societies largely comes from
> donations and bequests. Animal care and control programs are generally
> funded by the local government."
>
> The HSUS and your local shelters are not affiliated in anyway. The HSUS
> does not fund or have any association whatsoever with your local Humane
> Society shelters. They say so themselves.
>
> The HSUS is first and foremost an Animal Rights organization. Again, I'm
> not talking about your local Humane Society shelter. They are completely
> unrelated. The HSUS intentionally confuses the public with very, very
> carefully worded publications that have photos of sweet cats and dogs,
> but they do nothing to take care of stray or sick animals, shelter them,
> or provide spay and neuter programs. They intentionally mislead animal
> lovers. Their primary agenda is to abolish dairy and meat production,
> stop all pet breeding, end hunting, end animal research, etc. They
> haven't always been an AR organization, but they very clearly are now,
> and they have been for the better part of 2 decades now.
>
> Don't take my word for it, or the word of the average employee in a
> Humane Society shelter who also probably doesn't understand the
> disctinction between them and the HSUS. Do your own research. The only
> reason I care to point out these distinctions is that I hate to see
> people donate to Peta, the SPCA and the HSUS when they don't understand
> what their money is being used for. These organizations are not the
> least bit cash poor--quite the opposite, in fact. And their methods are
> They prey on animal lovers and divert money from where it could really
> make a difference: your local shelters and rescue organizations.
>
> Another link, not so radical, and there are thousands more like it:
>
> http://www.activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm/oid/136
>
> --
> Lynne

er... i checked that wesbite out for thwe HSUS and lokoing through
it's pages found this one...
http://www.hsus.org/about_us/policy_statements/
principles_and_beliefs.html

and also this one...
http://www.hsus.org/about_us/policy_statements/
statement_on_companion.html

neither of which seem to be against the concept of pet ownership, and
in fact seem to advocate it, apart from the obvious of exotic species
which should be left in the wild and are not really suitable to be
domesticated or kept in a home. Yes there is one line in the policy on
companion animals (i think) about wanting to increase spaying and
neutering programs and encouraging owners to do so in order to REDUCE
the amount of pet breeding going on so that there are no longer lots
of unwanted kitties etc being made homeless, which is pretty much what
a lot of animal welfare groups strive for, but nothing about stopping
people breeding pets altogether.

this is what I have found just looking through the website, all seems
fairly civilised to me, but if i have missed something which says they
are against pets and the like then can someone find it and point it
out or give the link?

anyway, whatever, I have a cantankerous cat to try to cajole into
using her new kitty radiator hammock, not having much luck right now

Bookie

MaryL
January 28th 07, 08:13 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...

> http://www.activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm/oid/136
>
> --
> Lynne

Lynne, thanks for posting this information. It is a more reasoned approach
than the other site, but I really think that *both* of them are engaging in
some creative journalism -- in other words, I do not find anythin in HSUS
policies that I can interpret as being "against" pet ownership. In fact,
the president of our local Alley Cat Allies forwarded a newsletter from HSUS
that she received today. A major purpose of this newsletter is to advocate
participation in the February spay/neuter campaign (yes, they look for
donations, but it also lists other means of participation). Here is the
page that describes the February spay/neuter program:
http://www.hsus.org/pets/issues_affecting_our_pets/pet_overpopulation_and_ownership_statistics/spay_day_usa/

There are several links within the newsletter that can be seen as
descriptive of HSUS principles. Clearly, there are statements that oppose
breeding -- but just as clearly, it opposes breeding because that leads to
overpopulation and the *tragedy* (their word) of euthanasia. The following
link from the HSUS page provided *pet adoption information* (which does not
equate to "opposition" to pet adoption):
http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_adoption_information/

I really was not confusing shelters and Humane Societies. I was only giving
an example of our local Humane Society, which serves as an advisory board to
the animal shelter (which is operated by the city). Several shelters in
this area are both animal shelters and animal control facilities -- which
can be an illustration opposing forces/goals in itself. I drove to a
neighboring town to adopt Duffy, and he was housed in one of the
shelter/animal control combined facilities. (I really am very lucky that he
was kept alive for several months because they often keep animals in their
care for only 14 days.) However, local Humane Societies (at least, some
that I am familiar with) are affiliated with HSUS.

MaryL