PDA

View Full Version : Revolution for cats


Lynne
January 26th 07, 12:56 AM
The new vet thinks the cats should be on Revolution instead of
FrontlinePlus and Interceptor. It would certainly be simpler and less
expensive, but I hate to fix something that isn't broken. The vet only
suggested this because Revolution covers ear mites. This doesn't concern
me since they are indoor only and have never had them.

That said, I'm still willing to look into Revolution. Anyone here use it?
What are your experiences with it--good, bad or neutral?

--
Lynne

cindys
January 26th 07, 01:43 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
...
> The new vet thinks the cats should be on Revolution instead of
> FrontlinePlus and Interceptor. It would certainly be simpler and less
> expensive, but I hate to fix something that isn't broken. The vet only
> suggested this because Revolution covers ear mites. This doesn't concern
> me since they are indoor only and have never had them.
>
> That said, I'm still willing to look into Revolution. Anyone here use it?
> What are your experiences with it--good, bad or neutral?
--------------
Yes, my vet used it on my cats when our new foster turned out to have fleas.
Quick and easy. Snip off the tip of the tube. Rub it on the cat's skin
between the shoulder blades. No more fleas.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

MaryL
January 26th 07, 01:54 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
...
> The new vet thinks the cats should be on Revolution instead of
> FrontlinePlus and Interceptor. It would certainly be simpler and less
> expensive, but I hate to fix something that isn't broken. The vet only
> suggested this because Revolution covers ear mites. This doesn't concern
> me since they are indoor only and have never had them.
>
> That said, I'm still willing to look into Revolution. Anyone here use it?
> What are your experiences with it--good, bad or neutral?
>
> --
> Lynne

Revolution is one of the most frequently-recommended flea pareparations,
largely because of what you were told. However, I used it on only one
occasion and would *never* use it again. First, I used it on Holly. It
annoyed her, but I discounted that because she really doe not like to have
*any* medication. Then, I put it on poor Duffy. As soon as the Frontline
was applied, he jumped straight up in the air and began to run in circles in
full speed. He was in total panic, and I was also in a panic because Duffy
is blind and I was afraid he would run head-on into something and injure
himself. He actually did hit the wall or furniture a few times before I
could grab him because he was running at such a high rate of speed that I
couldn't get to him. It is very unusual for Duffy to become disoriented or
hit something, but he was so stressed-out and frightened that he obviously
didn't know what he was doing. I took the remaining doses back to the vet
and asked about the reaction. I was told that his reaction was extremely
rare, but they has had other reports to a much lighter extent. They
*guessed* that it might have felt extremely cold to the cats and startled
them.

I have not needed to use any flea preparation more than a few times, but I
used Advantage on every other occasion and have never had any problems with
it. I know my experience is unusual, but it is something you might want to
consider or ask your vet about.

MaryL

Lynne
January 26th 07, 02:12 AM
on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 01:54:59 GMT, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:

> Revolution is one of the most frequently-recommended flea
> pareparations, largely because of what you were told. However, I used
> it on only one occasion and would *never* use it again. First, I used
> it on Holly. It annoyed her, but I discounted that because she really
> doe not like to have *any* medication. Then, I put it on poor Duffy.
> As soon as the Frontline was applied, he jumped straight up in the air
> and began to run in circles in full speed.

I'm confused, was it Revolution or Frontline? (You say both above.)

That sounds like a horrible reaction, poor Duffy! But please do let me
know which it was.

The thing about Revolution is that it's more than just a flea treatment.
It's also a heartworm and intestinal worm treatment. I give my cats
Interceptor for heartworm and intestinal worms, every month along with
their Frontline for fleas, but giving them one treatment instead of two is
appealing. Though the reaction Duffy had, if it was indeed Revolution, is
pretty awful and concerns me.

--
Lynne

MaryL
January 26th 07, 02:51 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 01:54:59 GMT, "MaryL"
> -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:
>
>> Revolution is one of the most frequently-recommended flea
>> pareparations, largely because of what you were told. However, I used
>> it on only one occasion and would *never* use it again. First, I used
>> it on Holly. It annoyed her, but I discounted that because she really
>> doe not like to have *any* medication. Then, I put it on poor Duffy.
>> As soon as the Frontline was applied, he jumped straight up in the air
>> and began to run in circles in full speed.
>
> I'm confused, was it Revolution or Frontline? (You say both above.)
>
> That sounds like a horrible reaction, poor Duffy! But please do let me
> know which it was.
>
> The thing about Revolution is that it's more than just a flea treatment.
> It's also a heartworm and intestinal worm treatment. I give my cats
> Interceptor for heartworm and intestinal worms, every month along with
> their Frontline for fleas, but giving them one treatment instead of two is
> appealing. Though the reaction Duffy had, if it was indeed Revolution, is
> pretty awful and concerns me.
>
> --
> Lynne

Sorry...I think I have done that before, for some reason. It was Revolution
that I used. I also had Frontline in mind because that is the 3rd product
that I most often see mentioned. I kept the bill from that occasion just so
I could always be sure of what I used. I re-checked just now, and it was
Revolution (Blue Package for cats 5.1 to 15 lb.). I have never used
Frontline (and rarely need any flea preparation because my two are indoor
only).

Thanks for pointing out the error.

MaryL


MaryL

cindys
January 26th 07, 02:53 AM
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
...
>
> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> ...
>> The new vet thinks the cats should be on Revolution instead of
>> FrontlinePlus and Interceptor. It would certainly be simpler and less
>> expensive, but I hate to fix something that isn't broken. The vet only
>> suggested this because Revolution covers ear mites. This doesn't concern
>> me since they are indoor only and have never had them.
>>
>> That said, I'm still willing to look into Revolution. Anyone here use
>> it?
>> What are your experiences with it--good, bad or neutral?
>>
>> --
>> Lynne
>
> Revolution is one of the most frequently-recommended flea pareparations,
> largely because of what you were told. However, I used it on only one
> occasion and would *never* use it again. First, I used it on Holly. It
> annoyed her, but I discounted that because she really doe not like to have
> *any* medication. Then, I put it on poor Duffy. As soon as the Frontline
> was applied, he jumped straight up in the air and began to run in circles
> in full speed. He was in total panic, and I was also in a panic because
> Duffy is blind and I was afraid he would run head-on into something and
> injure himself. He actually did hit the wall or furniture a few times
> before I could grab him because he was running at such a high rate of
> speed that I couldn't get to him. It is very unusual for Duffy to become
> disoriented or hit something, but he was so stressed-out and frightened
> that he obviously didn't know what he was doing. I took the remaining
> doses back to the vet and asked about the reaction. I was told that his
> reaction was extremely rare, but they has had other reports to a much
> lighter extent. They *guessed* that it might have felt extremely cold to
> the cats and startled them.
---------
I'm wondering if it was the smell. Amanda, my calico, who tends to be
skittish in general was not the least bit happy about the application of the
Revolution (although her reaction was not as extreme as Duffy's). Many years
ago, some of my perfume accidently got on Molly, and she went crazy for
several minutes. Recently, our foster unfortunately got a little too close
to our dinner candles and singed the tips of his whiskers and a small patch
of fur (fortunately, he didn't get burned, but it was still terrifying). The
smell of the singed fur was bad. He went bonkers, chasing and attacking the
other cats for several minutes. I'm wondering if Duffy was taken by
surprise, reacted to the smell, and then his blindness may have exacerbated
the situation.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.


>
> I have not needed to use any flea preparation more than a few times, but I
> used Advantage on every other occasion and have never had any problems
> with it. I know my experience is unusual, but it is something you might
> want to consider or ask your vet about.
>
> MaryL
>

Lynne
January 26th 07, 03:13 AM
on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 02:51:37 GMT, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-
LITTER> wrote:

> Thanks for pointing out the error.

Mary, thank you for clarifying. I really appreciate it. I'm going to do
some research before I change anything. The thought of your sweet Duffy
going nuts like that is very alarming.

My cats are indoor cats, too, but my dog goes outside of course. Even
though she gets Frontline, I've seen fleas on the cats on occasion, so they
get it, too, just not as often. They do get the heartworm/intestinal worm
preventative monthly, though, year round. Worms creep me out.

--
Lynne

Lynne
January 26th 07, 03:16 AM
on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 02:53:22 GMT, "cindys" >
wrote:

> Recently, our foster unfortunately got a little too close
> to our dinner candles and singed the tips of his whiskers and a small
> patch of fur (fortunately, he didn't get burned, but it was still
> terrifying).

That happened to Rudy last year, but he only burned his whiskers. A couple
of his whiskers are still a bit frayed on the ends. Now candles are high
on the mantle (but only until Levi figures out how to get up there, and I
know he will...).

> The smell of the singed fur was bad. He went bonkers,
> chasing and attacking the other cats for several minutes. I'm
> wondering if Duffy was taken by surprise, reacted to the smell, and
> then his blindness may have exacerbated the situation.

That's a very good point. The smell along with the feel of it may have
frightened him that badly. Poor thing. My cats don't like the Frontline,
but they know what I'm doing before I do it, so they grin and bear it.
Duffy didn't have any idea, so that might explain it.

--
Lynne

Gail Futoran
January 26th 07, 03:59 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
...
> The new vet thinks the cats should be on Revolution instead of
> FrontlinePlus and Interceptor. It would certainly be simpler and
> less
> expensive, but I hate to fix something that isn't broken. The vet
> only
> suggested this because Revolution covers ear mites. This doesn't
> concern
> me since they are indoor only and have never had them.
>
> That said, I'm still willing to look into Revolution. Anyone here
> use it?
> What are your experiences with it--good, bad or neutral?
>
> --
> Lynne

5 or 6 years ago my vet recommended Revolution.
I've used the kitten version on kittens with no
problems, and the adult version on all my adult and
senior cats, including one 18 year old. Several of
the cats go outdoors for brief periods under
supervision, but that's enough exposure that I prefer
the more comprehensive treatment of Revolution.

Gail F.

Annie Wxill
January 26th 07, 04:48 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
...
> The new vet thinks the cats should be on Revolution instead of
> FrontlinePlus and Interceptor. It would certainly be simpler and less
> expensive, but I hate to fix something that isn't broken. The vet only
> suggested this because Revolution covers ear mites. This doesn't concern
> me since they are indoor only and have never had them.
>
> That said, I'm still willing to look into Revolution. Anyone here use it?
> What are your experiences with it--good, bad or neutral?
>
> --
> Lynne

We live in an area that has heartworms and fleas. We used to use Advantage
for fleas and Heartgard for heartworms. Advantage is drops that are applied
to between the shoulder blades and Heartgard is a rather large tablet that
they are supposed to eat. I had to break the Heartgard apart and put it in
their food, but they didn't like it and I had a hard time convincing them to
eat it. Both are administered once a month.

Heartworm protection is recommended, even for indoor cats because mosquitoes
do come inside.

I was happy to switch them to Revolution because it is applied the same as
Advantage and also protects against heartworms, as well as other parasites.

The cats don't like it about the same as they don't like Advantage. But,
neither has had a bad reaction except to run away after it is applied. We
have to sneak up on them because they know when we open the little vial. I
suspect there are some sort of fumes or odor that tips them off.

Apparently, the heartworm protection is important now, even in areas not
associated with it. When we were visiting relatives in Washington State, we
saw an article in the local paper that heartworm had been diagnosed for the
first time in the area, and the pets had not been to heartworm infested
areas. The vet interviewed thought that pets that were rescued because of
Hurricane Katrina brought it with them and local mosquitoes bit those pets
and passed it on to local pets.

Who knows?

Hope this helps.

Annie

MaryL
January 26th 07, 10:59 AM
"Annie Wxill" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> ...
>> The new vet thinks the cats should be on Revolution instead of
>> FrontlinePlus and Interceptor. It would certainly be simpler and less
>> expensive, but I hate to fix something that isn't broken. The vet only
>> suggested this because Revolution covers ear mites. This doesn't concern
>> me since they are indoor only and have never had them.
>>
>> That said, I'm still willing to look into Revolution. Anyone here use
>> it?
>> What are your experiences with it--good, bad or neutral?
>>
>> --
>> Lynne
>
> We live in an area that has heartworms and fleas. We used to use
> Advantage for fleas and Heartgard for heartworms. Advantage is drops that
> are applied to between the shoulder blades and Heartgard is a rather large
> tablet that they are supposed to eat. I had to break the Heartgard apart
> and put it in their food, but they didn't like it and I had a hard time
> convincing them to eat it. Both are administered once a month.
>
> Heartworm protection is recommended, even for indoor cats because
> mosquitoes do come inside.
>
> I was happy to switch them to Revolution because it is applied the same as
> Advantage and also protects against heartworms, as well as other
> parasites.
>
> The cats don't like it about the same as they don't like Advantage. But,
> neither has had a bad reaction except to run away after it is applied. We
> have to sneak up on them because they know when we open the little vial.
> I suspect there are some sort of fumes or odor that tips them off.
>
> Apparently, the heartworm protection is important now, even in areas not
> associated with it. When we were visiting relatives in Washington State,
> we saw an article in the local paper that heartworm had been diagnosed for
> the first time in the area, and the pets had not been to heartworm
> infested areas. The vet interviewed thought that pets that were rescued
> because of Hurricane Katrina brought it with them and local mosquitoes bit
> those pets and passed it on to local pets.
>
> Who knows?
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Annie
>

I also use Heartgard once a month. I live in East Texas, so it is important
to use it year-round. My cats are indoor only, so they are not as likely to
have heart worms a an outdoor cat -- but I am sure that everyone here
realizes that it is always possible for a mosquito to get indoors (even
though I have never seen one in my house). Heart worms are not seen as
frequently in cats as in dogs, but it seems to be becoming more common, and
the death rate is even higher in cats if they do become infected.

My cats don't like the taste of Heartgard, either. Fortunately, the large
table is easy to crumble (but it can't simply be "ground up" because it is
rather soft and pliable). They won't readily eat it if I simply add it to
their regular food, but they will eat it if I mix it with some tuna. I use
Advantage on the rare occasions when I need to use flea treatment, but that
is indeed seldom.

MaryL

Phil P.
January 26th 07, 12:15 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
...
> The new vet thinks the cats should be on Revolution instead of
> FrontlinePlus and Interceptor. It would certainly be simpler and less
> expensive, but I hate to fix something that isn't broken. The vet only
> suggested this because Revolution covers ear mites. This doesn't concern
> me since they are indoor only and have never had them.
>
> That said, I'm still willing to look into Revolution. Anyone here use it?
> What are your experiences with it--good, bad or neutral?

I didn't find Revolution very effective against fleas. I'd stick with
Frontline or Advantage.

Phil

Lynne
January 26th 07, 02:05 PM
on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 04:48:09 GMT, "Annie Wxill"
> wrote:

> We live in an area that has heartworms and fleas. We used to use
> Advantage for fleas and Heartgard for heartworms. Advantage is drops
> that are applied to between the shoulder blades and Heartgard is a
> rather large tablet that they are supposed to eat. I had to break the
> Heartgard apart and put it in their food, but they didn't like it and
> I had a hard time convincing them to eat it. Both are administered
> once a month.
>
> Heartworm protection is recommended, even for indoor cats because
> mosquitoes do come inside.
>
> I was happy to switch them to Revolution because it is applied the
> same as Advantage and also protects against heartworms, as well as
> other parasites.
>
> The cats don't like it about the same as they don't like Advantage.
> But, neither has had a bad reaction except to run away after it is
> applied. We have to sneak up on them because they know when we open
> the little vial. I suspect there are some sort of fumes or odor that
> tips them off.
>
> Apparently, the heartworm protection is important now, even in areas
> not associated with it. When we were visiting relatives in Washington
> State, we saw an article in the local paper that heartworm had been
> diagnosed for the first time in the area, and the pets had not been to
> heartworm infested areas. The vet interviewed thought that pets that
> were rescued because of Hurricane Katrina brought it with them and
> local mosquitoes bit those pets and passed it on to local pets.
>
> Who knows?
>
> Hope this helps.

I am religious about protecting my cats and my dog from heartworm. There
is no way I will risk putting my animals through heartworm when it is SO
easily prevented.

Thanks for your post--it does help. I think I will give Revolution a
try. For anyone using Heartguard, I suggest you look into Interceptor.
The tablets are small and my cats barely notice when I pill them (and I
just shove them in their throat and hold their head up).

--
Lynne

Lynne
January 26th 07, 02:06 PM
on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:15:30 GMT, "Phil P." > wrote:

> I didn't find Revolution very effective against fleas. I'd stick with
> Frontline or Advantage.

Really? Hmmmm. I think I will try anyway. The cats stay indoors and the
dog will stay on Frontline. Since the dog is the vehicle for fleas, maybe
we will be okay.

--
Lynne

Phil P.
January 26th 07, 02:18 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:15:30 GMT, "Phil P." > wrote:
>
> > I didn't find Revolution very effective against fleas. I'd stick with
> > Frontline or Advantage.
>
> Really? Hmmmm. I think I will try anyway. The cats stay indoors and the
> dog will stay on Frontline. Since the dog is the vehicle for fleas, maybe
> we will be okay.

I hope so.

Good luck,

Phil

Annie Wxill
January 26th 07, 04:48 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
I didn't find Revolution very effective against fleas. I'd stick with
> Frontline or Advantage.
>
> Phil

We live on the Texas Gulf Coast since 1994 and had our cats on Advantage for
fleas and Heartgard for heartworm until about two years ago when we switched
to Revolution. Our cats are mostly indoors, but allowed into the back yard
when we are there to keep an eye on them.

We did not see a flea or sign of a flea the whole time they were on
Advantage. I like the idea that the flea does not have to bite the cat in
order for the product to work. From our experience, I would recommend it to
anyone looking for flea control.

We switched to Revolution because it included the heartworm control. It is
difficult to get our cats to eat the Heartgard and I always worried that
they were not getting the dose they should have.

When we rescued a couple of roundworm and tapeworm-infested puppies, I was
glad that we already had our cats protected from those additional parasites.
We took the pups to the vet and treated them for the parasites before
turning them over to a rescue organization that placed them in permanent
homes.

Now that we are traveling with our cats, it is convenient and less worrisome
to give them the broad parasite protection with only one monthly
application. No telling what we might track in from the outside.

Annie

yngver
January 26th 07, 06:14 PM
On Jan 25, 10:48 pm, "Annie Wxill" > wrote:
> "Lynne" > wrote in ...
>
> > The new vet thinks the cats should be on Revolution instead of
> > FrontlinePlus and Interceptor. It would certainly be simpler and less
> > expensive, but I hate to fix something that isn't broken. The vet only
> > suggested this because Revolution covers ear mites. This doesn't concern
> > me since they are indoor only and have never had them.
>
> > That said, I'm still willing to look into Revolution. Anyone here use it?
> > What are your experiences with it--good, bad or neutral?
>
> > --
> > LynneWe live in an area that has heartworms and fleas. We used to use Advantage
> for fleas and Heartgard for heartworms. Advantage is drops that are applied
> to between the shoulder blades and Heartgard is a rather large tablet that
> they are supposed to eat. I had to break the Heartgard apart and put it in
> their food, but they didn't like it and I had a hard time convincing them to
> eat it. Both are administered once a month.
>
> Heartworm protection is recommended, even for indoor cats because mosquitoes
> do come inside.
>
> I was happy to switch them to Revolution because it is applied the same as
> Advantage and also protects against heartworms, as well as other parasites.
>
> The cats don't like it about the same as they don't like Advantage. But,
> neither has had a bad reaction except to run away after it is applied. We
> have to sneak up on them because they know when we open the little vial. I
> suspect there are some sort of fumes or odor that tips them off.
>
> Apparently, the heartworm protection is important now, even in areas not
> associated with it. When we were visiting relatives in Washington State, we
> saw an article in the local paper that heartworm had been diagnosed for the
> first time in the area, and the pets had not been to heartworm infested
> areas. The vet interviewed thought that pets that were rescued because of
> Hurricane Katrina brought it with them and local mosquitoes bit those pets
> and passed it on to local pets.
>
> Who knows?
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Annie

We use Revolution for the same reason, for heartworm protection. We
have been using it every year for about the past 5-6 years. No
problems. We are in the north so we only use it spring through fall,
mosquito season. Our cats have never had fleas so that was not the
issue. However, we took in a stray cat a couple years ago who had a
terrible case of ear mites and we were glad our other two cats were on
Revolution to protect them against ear mites.

Our cats don't really mind the Revolution application, other than one
of them who doesn't like to be held still for the few moments it takes
to apply it. And anyway, it's only once a month, and so much easier
than trying to get a Heartgard pill down their throats.

My advice would be to try it and see. If your cats don't mind it, it
probably is a better choice than flea products because it does protect
against heartworm, ear mites, and other nasty things.
-yngver

yngver
January 26th 07, 06:22 PM
On Jan 26, 8:06 am, Lynne > wrote:
> on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:15:30 GMT, "Phil P." > wrote:
>
> > I didn't find Revolution very effective against fleas. I'd stick with
> > Frontline or Advantage.

>Really? Hmmmm. I think I will try anyway. The cats stay indoors and the
> dog will stay on Frontline. Since the dog is the vehicle for fleas, maybe
> we will be okay.
>
> --
> Lynne

Like I said, our cats have never had fleas (the oldest is now 10) and
they do go out in our back yard and to a vacation home in Wisconsin
where they take walks in the woods. I always figured it was because of
the Revolution but maybe there just aren't a lot of fleas up north.
Anyway, in all that time and with all our travels, there were never any
fleas so I'm happy to stick with Revolution.
-yngver

yngver
January 26th 07, 06:25 PM
On Jan 26, 4:59 am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> "Annie Wxill" > wrote in .. .
>
>
>
>
>
> > "Lynne" > wrote in message
> ...
> >> The new vet thinks the cats should be on Revolution instead of
> >> FrontlinePlus and Interceptor. It would certainly be simpler and less
> >> expensive, but I hate to fix something that isn't broken. The vet only
> >> suggested this because Revolution covers ear mites. This doesn't concern
> >> me since they are indoor only and have never had them.
>
> >> That said, I'm still willing to look into Revolution. Anyone here use
> >> it?
> >> What are your experiences with it--good, bad or neutral?
>
> >> --
> >> Lynne
>
> > We live in an area that has heartworms and fleas. We used to use
> > Advantage for fleas and Heartgard for heartworms. Advantage is drops that
> > are applied to between the shoulder blades and Heartgard is a rather large
> > tablet that they are supposed to eat. I had to break the Heartgard apart
> > and put it in their food, but they didn't like it and I had a hard time
> > convincing them to eat it. Both are administered once a month.
>
> > Heartworm protection is recommended, even for indoor cats because
> > mosquitoes do come inside.
>
> > I was happy to switch them to Revolution because it is applied the same as
> > Advantage and also protects against heartworms, as well as other
> > parasites.
>
> > The cats don't like it about the same as they don't like Advantage. But,
> > neither has had a bad reaction except to run away after it is applied. We
> > have to sneak up on them because they know when we open the little vial.
> > I suspect there are some sort of fumes or odor that tips them off.
>
> > Apparently, the heartworm protection is important now, even in areas not
> > associated with it. When we were visiting relatives in Washington State,
> > we saw an article in the local paper that heartworm had been diagnosed for
> > the first time in the area, and the pets had not been to heartworm
> > infested areas. The vet interviewed thought that pets that were rescued
> > because of Hurricane Katrina brought it with them and local mosquitoes bit
> > those pets and passed it on to local pets.
>
> > Who knows?
>
> > Hope this helps.
>
> > AnnieI also use Heartgard once a month. I live in East Texas, so it is important
> to use it year-round. My cats are indoor only, so they are not as likely to
> have heart worms a an outdoor cat -- but I am sure that everyone here
> realizes that it is always possible for a mosquito to get indoors (even
> though I have never seen one in my house). Heart worms are not seen as
> frequently in cats as in dogs, but it seems to be becoming more common, and
> the death rate is even higher in cats if they do become infected.
>
> My cats don't like the taste of Heartgard, either. Fortunately, the large
> table is easy to crumble (but it can't simply be "ground up" because it is
> rather soft and pliable). They won't readily eat it if I simply add it to
> their regular food, but they will eat it if I mix it with some tuna. I use
> Advantage on the rare occasions when I need to use flea treatment, but that
> is indeed seldom.
>
> MaryL

Actually I've read that more than 50 percent of cats diagnosed with
heartworm are indoor-only cats--most likely because their owners think
indoor cats are at less risk of heartworm and so don't give them any
preventatives.
-yngver

jmc
February 7th 07, 10:02 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Lynne exclaimed (26-Jan-07 10:26 AM):
> The new vet thinks the cats should be on Revolution instead of
> FrontlinePlus and Interceptor. It would certainly be simpler and less
> expensive, but I hate to fix something that isn't broken. The vet only
> suggested this because Revolution covers ear mites. This doesn't concern
> me since they are indoor only and have never had them.
>
> That said, I'm still willing to look into Revolution. Anyone here use it?
> What are your experiences with it--good, bad or neutral?
>
I use Revolution (Stronghold in some countries) on Meep, as she has
Duffy's reaction to Frontline and Frontline Plus - completely freaks,
and it's worse each time.

She has a bit of reaction to Revolution too, but it's much less frantic.
It certainly has DMSO or something similar - as soon as I start
applying it, she starts licking/smacking her lips a bit, like it tastes
bad (and yes, I put it between her shoulders).

Never had any problem, and when she did pick up something from the
garden one spring - I hadn't applied anything to her over the winter -
it killed 'em off in record time.

It *is* rather expensive, and only available by prescription, but I've
been quite happy with it.

jmc

Lynne
February 8th 07, 02:17 AM
on Wed, 07 Feb 2007 22:14:05 GMT, jmc >
wrote:

> It *is* rather expensive, and only available by prescription, but I've
> been quite happy with it.

It can't be anymore pricey than buying both Frontline and Interceptor! I'm
actually thinking I might save at least a few pennies. I'm going to switch
them over next month. Thanks for the input!

--
Lynne

cybercat
February 8th 07, 08:50 PM
Check your unmonitored box! Coupon!

Lynne
February 8th 07, 10:02 PM
on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 20:50:15 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> Check your unmonitored box! Coupon!

oooooh! THANK YOU!! Perfect timing, too. :)

<3

--
Lynne

cybercat
February 8th 07, 10:57 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
...
> on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 20:50:15 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> Check your unmonitored box! Coupon!
>
> oooooh! THANK YOU!! Perfect timing, too. :)
>
> <3
>

That is the first 25% off one I have seen from Petsmart, 22% was the biggest
before this. Glad you can use it.

Lynne
February 8th 07, 10:59 PM
on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:57:00 GMT, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> That is the first 25% off one I have seen from Petsmart, 22% was the
> biggest before this. Glad you can use it.

Oh yeah! Levi is almost through his first case of Innova Evo canned and
BONUS! Rudy is starting to eat it, too!! He loves the dry, but wouldn't
touch the wet. I found that cutting it into bite sized pieces apparently
makes it more appealing. My master is probably disappointed it took me so
long to realize that, hehe.

--
Lynne

Go Daddy
February 8th 07, 10:59 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
> Check your unmonitored box! Coupon!
>
>

giggle

PLONK

cybercat
February 8th 07, 11:05 PM
"Go Daddy" > wrote in message
...
>
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> ...
>> Check your unmonitored box! Coupon!
>>
>>
>
> giggle
>
> PLONK
>

You sure youw ant to plonk me?

You might have a package coming.

:

Nigger
February 9th 07, 09:38 PM
On Feb 8, 6:05 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:

> You sure youw ant to plonk me?
>
> You might have a package coming.
>
> :

LOLOL

I just don't want you hanging out with scumbags sweety.
One day when you're older, yule understand.

I'm wearing the scarf I was going to send you, it makes me feel
pretty.

Nigger
February 9th 07, 09:41 PM
On Feb 8, 6:05 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:

> You sure youw ant to plonk me?
>
> You might have a package coming.
>
> :

oh and SEND THAT PACKAGE!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!

IS IT SOCKS? I NEEEEED MORE SOCKS

parrishable
February 9th 07, 09:42 PM
On Feb 9, 4:38 pm, "catbeaterbarry" > wrote:
> I'm wearing the scarf I was going to send you, it makes me feel
> pretty.

Hold on to it, racist.
You'll be looking for a rafter when your audience is gone.

<tick tick tick>

Nigger
February 9th 07, 10:08 PM
On Feb 9, 4:42 pm, "parrishable" > wrote:

> <tick tick tick>

Your ass is so fat, you got arrested at the airport for having 20 lbs.
of crack

Your got so many rings around your belly you gotta screw your
underwear on.

Your forehead's so fat you could show slides on it.

I bet McDonalds changes their sign everytime you eat there

Your so fat, I don't know why your parents didn't just name you
"Damn!"

Somebody tell you it's chilly outside you grab a spoon bitch!

Barry
February 11th 07, 12:11 PM
On Feb 9, 6:25 pm, "parrishable" > wrote:

> Yuk it up, junior -- while you can. (Fat jokes? Now you're getting
> desperate.)
> Monday's a comin' ; rev up that "but I didn't mean nuthin', honest---
> pleeeeze" act for the policy enforcement rep.


Roses are red
Violets are blue
If I'm going to jail
So are you

plunk your magic twanger, froggy
February 11th 07, 02:59 PM
On Feb 11, 7:11 am, "Barry" > wrote:
> Roses are red
> Violets are blue
> If I'm going to jail
> So are you

(yawn)

Jail? I see no laws being broken. Please post evidence to the
contrary.

However, if you feel strongly about filing false police reports, you
go right ahead. Get yer frustrations out ... more in store ...

You have the name and address, right? (rolls eyes)
;-)