PDA

View Full Version : Can't stand the pee ANYMORE!!

Squeakerslover7 via CatKB.com
January 26th 07, 07:37 AM
I don't know how much longer I can stand the smell of cat pee! I have dealt
with it for a year and 18 days (give or take a few)! My cat is 7 years old
and she is peeing in the guest bathroom on the floor, which is where the
litter box is. I put a rug down so I could at least wash it but I live in a
manufactured home (A.K.A trailer) and I think it smells stronger in this type
of home. I took her to the doctor in March 2006 and spent $300 on vet bills
to find out what is wrong with her. He did find that her kidneys were over
functioning and prescribed me Feline K/D, but nothing else. I have a 10
month old baby girl and she is starting to get around and I don't want her
getting out of my sight for a second and go in there. I really don't know
what I can do. I don't have any money because I am a single parent and I am
a full time college student, with no job. Maybe there is a cheap(er) product
($50) or SOMETHING that can help me. Oh yeah, I also have a male cat about a
year and five months old, who uses the box. I know with having the baby and
the male cat she might (well I know) be jealous but I make it point to give
her tuna every day and spend time petting her (every day). Please Help!!
Thanks.

~*Squeakers Lover--hopefully for another decade!*~

Buddy's Mom
January 26th 07, 11:03 AM
Take her to another vet.

On Jan 26, 2:37*am, "Squeakerslover7 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I don't know how much longer I can stand the smell of cat pee! *I have dealt
> with it for a year and 18 days (give or take a few)! *My cat is 7 years old
> and she is peeing in the guest bathroom on the floor, which is where the
> litter box is. *I put a rug down so I could at least wash it but I live in a
> manufactured home (A.K.A trailer) and I think it smells stronger in this type
> of home. *I took her to the doctor in March 2006 and spent $300 on vet bills
> to find out what is wrong with her. *He did find that her kidneys were over
> functioning and prescribed me Feline K/D, but nothing else. *I have a 10
> month old baby girl and she is starting to get around and I don't want her
> getting out of my sight for a second and go in there. *I really don't know
> what I can do. *I don't have any money because I am a single parent and I am
> a full time college student, with no job. *Maybe there is a cheap(er) product
> ($50) or SOMETHING that can help me. *Oh yeah, I also have a male cat about a
> year and five months old, who uses the box. *I know with having the baby and
> the male cat she might (well I know) be jealous but I make it point to give
> her tuna every day and spend time petting her (every day). *Please Help!!
> Thanks.
>
> ~*Squeakers Lover--hopefully for another decade!*~

nay
January 26th 07, 01:00 PM
7 year old cat....overactive kidney.......daily tuna servings. Does
your cat perhaps have U.T.I ? My eldest cat developed UTI at the age
7 or 8 and I also loved to give them daily tuna servings. Apparently
the protein content in their diet was to blame for the UTI. I am in
South Africa and I'm not sure what kind of foods you have up there but
maybe just changing the diet a bit can help with the over active
Kidney. As for the litter box....do you keep it spotless? Some cats
dont like smelly boxes and will prefer to go beside it instead of in
it. I know these are stupid questions but these are things I
overlooked when I didnt know any better. If you have checked all of
these, maybe try another vet. Vets are like human doctors, if they see
you too frequently or know you too well, they tend to overlook things.

keep us posted. it sounds a bit hectic - especially with your baby and
the studies.

lots of love
Nay

On Jan 26, 1:03 pm, "Buddy's Mom" > wrote:
> Take her to another vet.
>
> On Jan 26, 2:37?am, "Squeakerslover7 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > I don't know how much longer I can stand the smell of cat pee! ?I have dealt
> > with it for a year and 18 days (give or take a few)! ?My cat is 7 years old
> > and she is peeing in the guest bathroom on the floor, which is where the
> > litter box is. ?I put a rug down so I could at least wash it but I live in a
> > manufactured home (A.K.A trailer) and I think it smells stronger in this type
> > of home. ?I took her to the doctor in March 2006 and spent $300 on vet bills
> > to find out what is wrong with her. ?He did find that her kidneys were over
> > functioning and prescribed me Feline K/D, but nothing else. ?I have a 10
> > month old baby girl and she is starting to get around and I don't want her
> > getting out of my sight for a second and go in there. ?I really don't know
> > what I can do. ?I don't have any money because I am a single parent and I am
> > a full time college student, with no job. ?Maybe there is a cheap(er) product
> > ($50) or SOMETHING that can help me. ?Oh yeah, I also have a male cat about a
> > year and five months old, who uses the box. ?I know with having the baby and
> > the male cat she might (well I know) be jealous but I make it point to give
> > her tuna every day and spend time petting her (every day). ?Please Help!!
> > Thanks.
>
> > ~*Squeakers Lover--hopefully for another decade!*~
>
> > --

Squeakerslover7 via CatKB.com
January 26th 07, 07:17 PM
nay wrote:
[...]

[quoted text clipped - 20 lines]
--Message posted viahttp://www.catkb.com- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted
text -

Well I had all of the tests ran and there was no UTI. The vet that I have is
very good. I live in a small town and there are vets as far as 50 miles that
I have tried but he is the best! I only started the tuna because I thought
that maybe if she had it, then she wouldn't STILL be doing it.