PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything that you can do to stop a late neuter tom stop spraying?

sheelagh
January 26th 07, 01:54 PM
I have pondered on this one for many year's now, yet never found the
answer to it.
I am aware that the male's use the spraying as a calling card & also
what the chemical message's mean to other feline's close by. I took him
to be nuetered about 6months ago, but it has had no effect on this
habbit at all.

What I really would like to know, is, is there anything that you can do
after a Tom cat is fixed to dissued him to drop this habbit?

I have a wonderful tabby tom that come's to the community feeding bowl
& I also have a really nice chap who would love to offer him a home
too.The only thing holding me back from letting this fellow take him
home, is the fact that I know he will be back in less than 6 hour's
telling my what I already know - He is a gorgeous chap, but his
antisocial habbit's are outwighing his cuddlesome one's.

I have tried using feliway, and several other anti marking product's,
but to date ,not a single one of them has had any effect at all:o(

Is there anything that I can do or buy that will help make him stop
feeling the need to *constantly* mark everything every two yards?It is
such a shame because he really is a wonderful puss cat, but un-homeable
because of this problem
If anyone has any thought's on this one, I would love to hear about
them please?
Many thank's,
S;o)

Demon Chunky Style
January 26th 07, 09:45 PM
The apostrophe has three uses:

1) to form possessives of nouns
2) to show the omission of letters
3) to indicate certain plurals of lowercase letters.

Apostrophes are NOT used for possessive pronouns or for noun plurals,
including acronyms.

Forming possessives of nouns
To see if you need to make a possessive, turn the phrase around and
make it an "of the..." phrase. For example:

the boy's hat = the hat of the boy
three days' journey = journey of three days

If the noun after "of" is a building, an object, or a piece of
furniture, then no apostrophe is needed!

room of the hotel = hotel room

door of the car = car door

leg of the table = table leg

Once you've determined whether you need to make a possessive, follow
these rules to create one.

add 's to the singular form of the word (even if it ends in -s):
the owner's car
James's hat

add 's to the plural forms that do not end in -s:

the children's game
the geese's honking

add ' to the end of plural nouns that end in -s:

houses' roofs
three friends' letters

add 's to the end of compound words:

my brother-in-law's money
add 's to the last noun to show joint possession of an object:

Todd and Anne's apartment

Showing omission of letters
Apostrophes are used in contractions. A contraction is a word (or set
of numbers) in which one or more letters (or numbers) have been
omitted. The apostrophe shows this omission. Contractions are common in
speaking and in informal writing. To use an apostrophe to create a
contraction, place an apostrophe where the omitted letter(s) would go.
Here are some examples:

don't = do not

I'm = I am

he'll = he will

who's = who is

shouldn't = should not

didn't = did not

could've = could have (NOT "could of"!)

'60 = 1960

Forming plurals of lowercase letters
Apostrophes are used to form plurals of letters that appear in
lowercase; here the rule appears to be more typographical than
grammatical, e.g. "three ps" versus "three p's." To form the plural of
a lowercase letter, place 's after the letter. There is no need for
apostrophes indicating a plural on capitalized letters, numbers, and
symbols (though keep in mind that some editors, teachers, and
professors still prefer them). Here are some examples:

p's and q's = a phrase indicating politeness, possibly from "mind
your pleases and thankyous"?

Nita's mother constantly stressed minding one's p's and q's.

three Macintosh G4s = three of the Macintosh model G4

There are two G4s currently used in the writing classrom.

many &s = many ampersands

That printed page has too many &s on it.

Don't use apostrophes for possessive pronouns or for noun plurals.
Apostrophes should not be used with possessive pronouns because
possessive pronouns already show possession -- they don't need an
apostrophe. His, her, its, my, yours, ours are all possessive pronouns.
Here are some examples:

wrong: his' book

correct: his book

wrong: The group made it's decision.

correct: The group made its decision.

(Note: Its and it's are not the same thing. It's is a contraction for
"it is" and its is a possesive pronoun meaning "belonging to it." It's
raining out= it is raining out. A simple way to remember this rule is
the fact that you don't use an apostrophe for the possesives his or
hers, so don't do it with its!)

wrong: a friend of yours'

correct: a friend of yours

wrong: She waited for three hours' to get her ticket.

correct: She waited for three hours to get her ticket.

Proofreading for apostrophes:
A good time to proofread is when you have finished writing the paper.
Try the following strategies:

If you tend to leave out apostrophes, check every word that ends in
-s or -es to see if it needs an apostrophe.

If you put in too many apostrophes, check every apostrophe to see
if you can justify it with a rule for using apostrophes.

January 26th 07, 11:27 PM
Too rude. Who cares how someone else uses apostrophe""""""""s! I
would rather practice bad grammar than bad manners.
Why don't you put your education to a good use- try to save the world
or something.

-C

On Jan 26, 4:45 pm, "Demon Chunky Style" >
wrote:
> [...]
> raining out= it is raining out. A simple way to remember this rule is
> the fact that you don't use an apostrophe for the possesives his or
> hers, so don't do it with its!)
>
> wrong: a friend of yours'
>
> correct: a friend of yours
>
> wrong: She waited for three hours' to get her ticket.
>
> correct: She waited for three hours to get her ticket.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
>
> Proofreading for apostrophes:
> A good time to proofread is when you have finished writing the paper.
> Try the following strategies:
>
> If you tend to leave out apostrophes, check every word that ends in
> -s or -es to see if it needs an apostrophe.
>
> If you put in too many apostrophes, check every apostrophe to see
> if you can justify it with a rule for using apostrophes.

January 27th 07, 04:52 AM
On Jan 26, 6:27 pm, wrote:
> Too rude. Who cares how someone else uses apostrophe""""""""s! I
> would rather practice bad grammar than bad manners.

Can't I offer assistance to someone who has been very open about being
functionally illiterate until recently? I suggest you research the OP
before barging in with haughty assumptions.

> Why don't you put your education to a good use- try to save the world
> or something.
>
> -C

Thanks for your interest. I'll be sure to check with you for permission
before I post again.

January 27th 07, 02:50 PM
Sorry, I just thought that your post was snotty. Of course, after
reading your other posts I realize that this is just your
personality. I apologize.

-C

On Jan 26, 11:52 pm, "Demon Chunky Style" >
wrote:
> On Jan 26, 6:27 pm, wrote:
>
> > Too rude. Who cares how someone else uses apostrophe""""""""s! I
> > would rather practice bad grammar than bad manners.Can't I offer assistance to someone who has been very open about being
> functionally illiterate until recently? I suggest you research the OP
> before barging in with haughty assumptions.
>
> > Why don't you put your education to a good use- try to save the world
> > or something.
>
> > -CThanks for your interest. I'll be sure to check with you for permission
> before I post again.

Demon Chunky Style
January 27th 07, 07:47 PM
On Jan 27, 9:50 am, wrote:
> I apologize.
>
> -C

Apology accepted.

sheelagh
January 28th 07, 12:47 AM
On 27 Jan, 14:50, wrote:
> Sorry, I just thought that your post was snotty. Of course, after
> reading your other posts I realize that this is just your
> personality. I apologize.
"What personality, it is a TROLL.:(?
> -C
>
> On Jan 26, 11:52 pm, "Demon Chunky Style" >
> wrote:

Thankyou for your input, you have no idea how much I appreciate it- I
try as hard as I an to ignore the Troll posting here, but as I am
sure that you will already know, he thrive's on this sort of nitty
picky thingy he was.

As Mathew pointed out to me a few days ago, the more you feed a
troll, the longer it lingers.
I do readily admitt that I haven't been reading & writing for very
long.I find no shame in that.Quite the opposit in fact~ I am very
proud of myself.

If I thought for one moment it's critisism was meant to be
constructive, I would welcome it, but to be perfectly honest, I know
it is not well meant at all...

All I wanted to know was if there was anything that aIl might be able
to do to stop a tom cat spraying, if anything at all?
S;o)

> > On Jan 26, 6:27 pm, wrote:
>
> > > Too rude. Who cares how someone else uses apostrophe""""""""s! I
> > > would rather practice bad grammar than bad manners.Can't I offer assistance to someone who has been very open about being
> > functionally illiterate until recently? I suggest you research the OP
> > before barging in with haughty assumptions.
>
> > > Why don't you put your education to a good use- try to save the world
> > > or something.
>
> > > -CThanks for your interest. I'll be sure to check with you for permission

Demon Chunky Style
January 28th 07, 04:00 AM
On Jan 27, 7:47 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> As Mathew pointed out to me a few days ago, the more you feed a
> troll, the longer it lingers.
> I do readily admitt that I haven't been reading & writing for very
> long.I find no shame in that.Quite the opposit in fact~ I am very
> proud of myself.
>
> If I thought for one moment it's critisism was meant to be
> constructive, I would welcome it, but to be perfectly honest, I know
> it is not well meant at all...

Yet you don't seem to be able to stop responding, ya smeggy berk....

January 29th 07, 07:55 PM
Your writing is fine-- just like everyone else who writes on the
internet. You are doing great, and certainly get your point accross.
I just wish I could advise you on your "spraying" problem. This is a
difficult thing to deal with in cats.....

On Jan 27, 11:00 pm, "Demon Chunky Style" >
wrote:
> On Jan 27, 7:47 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> > As Mathew pointed out to me a few days ago, the more you feed a
> > troll, the longer it lingers.
> > I do readily admitt that I haven't been reading & writing for very
> > long.I find no shame in that.Quite the opposit in fact~ I am very
> > proud of myself.
>
> > If I thought for one moment it's critisism was meant to be
> > constructive, I would welcome it, but to be perfectly honest, I know
> > it is not well meant at all...Yet you don't seem to be able to stop responding, ya smeggy berk....

Lynne
January 29th 07, 10:27 PM
on Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:55:56 GMT, wrote:

> Your writing is fine-- just like everyone else who writes on the
> internet. You are doing great, and certainly get your point accross.
> I just wish I could advise you on your "spraying" problem. This is a
> difficult thing to deal with in cats.....

Ditto everything she said!

--
Lynne