PDA

View Full Version : PETA response

Stick Waver
January 30th 07, 11:18 PM
Response from PETA re the YouTube video of the cat spa kitty washing
machine:

<< Thank you for contacting PETA about the animal cruelty video you
found on YouTube.com.

We share your concern about this important issue; we have received
many complaints about this video. The information has been forwarded
to the appropriate staffers in our Domestic Animal and Wildlife Rescue
& Information (DAWR&I) Department for their review.

We also recommend you voice your concern by filing a complaint at
http://www.ic3.gov, a Web-based reporting center developed by the FBI
to combat Internet fraud and other forms of internet crime, being sure
to stress the influence that this video may have on additional cases
of cruelty. To learn more about actions you can take in response to
Web sites depicting cruelty to animals, see
http://www.PETA.org/actioncenter/onlinecruelty.asp.

For more information about how you can help animals, please visit
PETAís Web site http://www.PETA.org/actioncenter.

Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention and for all you
do to help animals!

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Collins
Senior Correspondent
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals >>

MaryL
January 31st 07, 01:10 AM
"Stick Waver" > wrote in message
> Response from PETA re the YouTube video of the cat spa kitty washing
> machine:
>

> << Thank you for contacting PETA about the animal cruelty video you found
> on YouTube.com.
>
> We share your concern about this important issue; we have received many
> complaints about this video. The information has been forwarded to the
> appropriate staffers in our Domestic Animal and Wildlife Rescue &
> Information (DAWR&I) Department for their review.
>
> We also recommend you voice your concern by filing a complaint at
> http://www.ic3.gov, a Web-based reporting center developed by the FBI to
> combat Internet fraud and other forms of internet crime, being sure to
> stress the influence that this video may have on additional cases of
> cruelty. To learn more about actions you can take in response to Web sites
> depicting cruelty to animals, see
> http://www.PETA.org/actioncenter/onlinecruelty.asp.
>
> For more information about how you can help animals, please visit PETAís
> Web site http://www.PETA.org/actioncenter.
>
> Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention and for all you do
> to help animals!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Elizabeth Collins
> Senior Correspondent
> People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals >>

I contacted the Sacramento office of HSUS about this same site. The person I
contacted said he is researching the launderpet site and is also sending the
information HSUS headquarters. He said itís possible this is a hoax, but he
will follow through and will keep me updated.

I also asked about some of the links purporting to show that HSUS has an
agenda to prohibit pet ownership. He responded that "we often see that
statement from those who wish to create a smoke screen about their own
activities by trying to marginalize legitimate animal welfare groups. Our
website Pets section shows we celebrate the bond between humans and the
animals that live with us." He went on to say this: "It's a ridiculous
statement and has no basis. We have a whole Companion Animals section that
devotes all of its time to protecting pets."

Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<

Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Recent pics: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

IBen Getiner
January 31st 07, 12:30 PM
On Jan 30, 5:18?pm, Stick Waver > wrote:
> Response from PETA re the YouTube video of the cat spa....

<snip>

It is quite obvious to me that PETA is a criminal organization. I
will not even allow my spell-check to recognize their vile, slanderous
name. Their words have no place in here.