PDA

View Full Version : My lazy cat

January 31st 07, 06:05 AM
Do you find your cat very lazy? I do. Every day, she is just eating
and sleeping. She always ignores me. Even if I want to play with
her, she is reluctant to do so. Do you have any ways to attract your
cat's attention?

IBen Getiner
January 31st 07, 10:50 AM
On Jan 31, 1:05�am, wrote:
> Do you find your cat very lazy? *I do. *Every day, she is just eating
> and sleeping. *She always ignores me. *Even if I want to play with
> her, she is reluctant to do so. *Do you have any ways to attract your
> cat's attention?

Yeah... Open the refrigerator or pop a can into the can opener..

IBen

sheelagh
January 31st 07, 02:17 PM
On 31 Jan, 06:05, wrote:
> Do you find your cat very lazy? I do. Every day, she is just eating
> and sleeping. She always ignores me. Even if I want to play with
> her, she is reluctant to do so. Do you have any ways to attract your
> cat's attention?

Yeah... Open the refrigerator or pop a can into the can opener..

Lol, sorry but I had to laugh at this one, simply because it is so
true!!

Yes, most of them would by far rather catch some rays rather than
rough & tumble...

Most cats tend to do that once they pass kittenhood.
How old is she by the way?

I find the easiest way to get one of our cat's attention (other than
opening the fridge...), is to dangle a toy on a string in front of
them & allow it to touch them on the head.

In most cases it induces them into responding,even if it is only to
chase the darn thing around.
Often it is enough to get them as far as wanting to play with
you..unless they are feeling incredibly grumpy that is..
S;o)

Buddy's Mom
January 31st 07, 07:24 PM
How old is your kitty? Mine is 5 years old and just loves to hang out
with me when I am home. Of course, if I get out a toy, he is always
willing to play. We had lots of snow yesterday, so I was home all day
and he did not sleep at all until about 8 PM when he crashed and
stayed in bed all night - until 6 am! We played a lot yesterday.

On Jan 31, 1:05�am, wrote:
> Do you find your cat very lazy? *I do. *Every day, she is just eating
> and sleeping. *She always ignores me. *Even if I want to play with
> her, she is reluctant to do so. *Do you have any ways to attract your
> cat's attention?

LB
January 31st 07, 11:48 PM
On Jan 31, 1:05 am, wrote:
> Do you find your cat very lazy? I do. Every day, she is just eating
> and sleeping. She always ignores me. Even if I want to play with
> her, she is reluctant to do so. Do you have any ways to attract your
> cat's attention?

------------It can be difficult to tell the difference between typical
lazy-kitty behavior and depression or physical illness. One suggestion
is catnip to see if she responds with some energy, another might be
experimentation with diet. Cats who eat cheap junky foods (which
they're crazy about--sort of like a kid on McDonalds) can get sluggish
and overly sleepy.

Question: does your cat seek to cuddle and sleep with you, or does she
try to avoid you? If she's not feeling well, she wont' want to be
disturbed.

Best wishes!

Lynne
February 1st 07, 01:25 AM
on Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:17:22 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> I find the easiest way to get one of our cat's attention (other than
> opening the fridge...), is to dangle a toy on a string in front of
> them & allow it to touch them on the head.

I recently got a laser pointer and even fat Rudy will run for that!

--
Lynne

Rene S.
February 1st 07, 03:02 PM
On Jan 31, 12:05 am, wrote:
> Do you find your cat very lazy? I do. Every day, she is just eating
> and sleeping. She always ignores me. Even if I want to play with
> her, she is reluctant to do so. Do you have any ways to attract your
> cat's attention?

No, both of my cats are pretty active. Is your cat bored--do you
rotate her toys or give her something new to explore (like a paper bag
or new toy)? Have you tried simple toys like ping-pong balls in the
bathtub or wadded up pieces of paper? Does she have a playmate?