PDA

View Full Version : Levi was neutered today

Lynne
February 1st 07, 02:10 AM
We just woke up from a long, cuddly nap and he's asleep on my legs right
now. I haven't left his side since I brought him home.

I was a nervous wreck all day. My vet called me right after the procedure
to let me know he was doing fine. When I picked him up, the vet spent 20
minutes talking with me about caring for him tonight and tomorrow. Even
though Levi is the 4th male cat I have had neutered, I felt like it was the
first time, so I was grateful for the vet's time.

Levi looks so thin right now, after only missing one day of meals. I hope
he doesn't have a herpes breakout and that I can get some weight on him.
This kitten has me wrapped around his little paws more than any other cat
I've ever known. I'm SO relieved this is behind us. Tomorrow I'm going to
work from home so we can cuddle all day. :)

--
Lynne

cybercat
February 1st 07, 02:26 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
> We just woke up from a long, cuddly nap and he's asleep on my legs right
> now. I haven't left his side since I brought him home.
>
> I was a nervous wreck all day. My vet called me right after the procedure
> to let me know he was doing fine. When I picked him up, the vet spent 20
> minutes talking with me about caring for him tonight and tomorrow. Even
> though Levi is the 4th male cat I have had neutered, I felt like it was
> the
> first time, so I was grateful for the vet's time.
>
> Levi looks so thin right now, after only missing one day of meals. I hope
> he doesn't have a herpes breakout and that I can get some weight on him.
> This kitten has me wrapped around his little paws more than any other cat
> I've ever known. I'm SO relieved this is behind us. Tomorrow I'm going
> work from home so we can cuddle all day. :)

Lynne, I can tell you feel the same way about Levi that I do about Gracie.
This has probably been harder on you than on him! I am glad he is back at
home and safe with you. Give him a little lip on my behalf, lol!

Lynne
February 1st 07, 02:33 AM
on Thu, 01 Feb 2007 01:26:20 GMT, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> Lynne, I can tell you feel the same way about Levi that I do about
> Gracie. This has probably been harder on you than on him! I am glad he
> is back at home and safe with you. Give him a little lip on my behalf,
> lol!

:)

When he first got home he was too shakey to "latch on." That didn't last
long. He suckled for at least an hour straight and then fell asleep with
his mouth laying on mine. I know it made me feel better!!

--
Lynne

cybercat
February 1st 07, 05:42 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> well now that it's bedtime, Levi is ready to PLAY!
>
> I'm so thrilled he's doing so well that I'm trying to balance playing with
> him and keeping from being too active.
>
> For those of you who remember my first post here, when he swallowed the
> Latex teat, hasn't he come a long way? (I clearly haven't, hehe.)

Yes, he has. Very cool that he is already feeling playful.
Good job. ;)

Lynne
February 1st 07, 05:43 AM
well now that it's bedtime, Levi is ready to PLAY!

I'm so thrilled he's doing so well that I'm trying to balance playing with
him and keeping from being too active.

For those of you who remember my first post here, when he swallowed the
Latex teat, hasn't he come a long way? (I clearly haven't, hehe.)

--
Lynne

sheelagh
February 1st 07, 01:38 PM
On 1 Feb, 01:33, Lynne > wrote:
> on Thu, 01 Feb 2007 01:26:20 GMT, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
> > Lynne, I can tell you feel the same way about Levi that I do about
> > Gracie. This has probably been harder on you than on him! I am glad he
> > is back at home and safe with you. Give him a little lip on my behalf,
> > lol!
>
> :)
>
> When he first got home he was too shaky to "latch on." That didn't last
> long. He suckled for at least an hour straight and then fell asleep with
> his mouth laying on mine. I know it made me feel better!!
>
> --
> Lynne

Lol, but only because I understand exactly how you feel.
I feel the same way every time that I take one of the Moggies to be
done too.

When I took Lucy, you would have thought it was the first time I ever
had a cat fixed.
Although every cat is different, it doesn't mean that my feelings
change, or that it ever becomes mundane either.

You worry your socks off whilst they are in there.
The relief that you feel once it is all over is almost palpable, isn't
it?

Happy recovery for Levis & I hope you get lots of cuddle & lip sucking
time together tomorrow.
S;o)

barb
February 1st 07, 05:50 PM
Glad he's okay. You may not believe this but it's a much simpler neuter on
a male than a female.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

bookie
February 1st 07, 07:56 PM
On 1 Feb, 01:10, Lynne > wrote:
> We just woke up from a long, cuddly nap and he's asleep on my legs right
> now. I haven't left his side since I brought him home.
>
> I was a nervous wreck all day. My vet called me right after the procedure
> to let me know he was doing fine. When I picked him up, the vet spent 20
> minutes talking with me about caring for him tonight and tomorrow. Even
> though Levi is the 4th male cat I have had neutered, I felt like it was the
> first time, so I was grateful for the vet's time.
>
> Levi looks so thin right now, after only missing one day of meals. I hope
> he doesn't have a herpes breakout and that I can get some weight on him.
> This kitten has me wrapped around his little paws more than any other cat
> I've ever known. I'm SO relieved this is behind us. Tomorrow I'm going to
> work from home so we can cuddle all day. :)
>
> --
> Lynne

neutering is a really straightforward procedure, when i was working at
a vets when i was inthe sixth form at school (17-18 years old for you
yanks) I was surprised at how swift and uncomplicated it was,
espcially compared to spaying a female, you have nothing to worry
about, he will be fine. In fact he will be much better of for having
had this done as he will be less likely to wander off (get run over,
or whatever) or get into fights, and the cat population as a whole
will be better off for him having had this done, so don't start
thinking you have done somethign awful.

still, extra cuddles, fuss and treats, with mum staying at home to
pamper a small furry fellow is always good, whether he has just had
his balls removed or not.

he will be fine, purrs to him from jessie and me, Bookie

sheelagh
February 2nd 07, 04:07 PM
Hi, I was wondering how Levis is doing today?
I have just been to the last saloon to pick up my boys just over a
half an hour or so, & I truly do appreciate the nervous wreck bit,
lol... It's the Mother in us, I am sure of it?!!!
S;o)

Lynne
February 2nd 07, 05:11 PM
on Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:07:22 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> Hi, I was wondering how Levis is doing today?
> I have just been to the last saloon to pick up my boys just over a
> half an hour or so, & I truly do appreciate the nervous wreck bit,
> lol... It's the Mother in us, I am sure of it?!!!

Levi is FINE. He was playful the first night after being neutered, which
was very encouraging. He's eating and drinking like a champ, and
urinating fine, but he still hasn't had a BM so I'm just a little
concerned. I'm keeping him confined in my bedroom until he does move his
bowels so that I will know it was him and not Rudy. As soon as he goes,
all will be right in the world.

His tiny incisions are healing nicely and must not be bothering him at
all anymore because he hasn't been licking at himself like he was
yesterday.

The really great things are that he's still the same, super affectionate,
super playful little boy (yay!) and he hasn't shown a single sign (so
far) of having a herpes outbreak from the stress of surgery. Maybe all
these months of L-Lysine have done the trick! The vet gave me
antibiotics for him but I haven't started him on them yet and may not
have to do so. WOO HOO!

I hope your boys will do at least as well, Sheelagh.

--
Lynne

Lynne
February 2nd 07, 05:33 PM
on Fri, 02 Feb 2007 16:11:17 GMT, Lynne >
wrote:

> he still hasn't had a BM so I'm just a little
> concerned

I just spoke with the vet and he said that this is normal. He said it
could take up to 48 hours before he has a BM, so hopefully he'll have one
soon.

--
Lynne

Rhonda
February 3rd 07, 06:01 AM
That's great, Lynne. Seems like boy kitties just take it in stride.

Levi is such a cutie.

Rhonda

Lynne wrote:

> Levi is FINE. He was playful the first night after being neutered, which
> was very encouraging.

Lynne
February 3rd 07, 03:04 PM
on Sat, 03 Feb 2007 05:01:46 GMT, Rhonda > wrote:

> That's great, Lynne. Seems like boy kitties just take it in stride.

One of the main reasons I have always chosen male cats is because neutering
is so much easier on them then spaying is on females.

> Levi is such a cutie.

Thanks! I absolutely adore him. And good news: he finally had a BM last
night so he's got full run of the house again. My other cat and the dog
are THRILLED. Everyone missed him.

--
Lynne

Rhonda
February 5th 07, 06:51 AM
I looked for a Hallmark card to mark the occasion, but they don't make one.

I'll just say it here: Congratulations on his BM!

Rhonda

Lynne wrote:
> Thanks! I absolutely adore him. And good news: he finally had a BM last
> night so he's got full run of the house again. My other cat and the dog
> are THRILLED. Everyone missed him.

cybercat
February 5th 07, 07:30 AM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
>I looked for a Hallmark card to mark the occasion, but they don't make one.
>
> I'll just say it here: Congratulations on his BM!

ahahaha!

A new business opportunity.

A line of pet cards.

Make them ecards!

Rhonda
February 5th 07, 08:28 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Rhonda" > wrote in message
>
>>I looked for a Hallmark card to mark the occasion, but they don't make one.
>>
>>I'll just say it here: Congratulations on his BM!
>
> ahahaha!
>
> A new business opportunity.
>
> A line of pet cards.
>
> Make them ecards!

Oh, you're right, this could be the start of something beautiful.

"Sharing Your Joy That Your Cat No Longer Pees On The Bed"

"Hairballs Today, Gone Tomorrow"

"In Deepest Sympathy For The Loss Of Your Chicken Breast"

I have to think about this some more.

Rhonda

Lynne
February 5th 07, 03:01 PM
on Mon, 05 Feb 2007 05:51:02 GMT, Rhonda >
wrote:

> I looked for a Hallmark card to mark the occasion, but they don't make
> one.
>
> I'll just say it here: Congratulations on his BM!

LOFL! Why thank you!!

--
Lynne

Lynne
February 5th 07, 03:01 PM
on Mon, 05 Feb 2007 07:28:52 GMT, Rhonda > wrote:

> I have to think about this some more.

I think you're a natural!

--
Lynne