PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up on investigation of cat spa "launderpet" machine

MaryL
February 3rd 07, 03:13 AM
This is the latest message I received from the person I contacted at the
Sacramento HSUS office concerning the the YouTube video of the cat spa kitty
washing machine:: "I sent the information to the Long Beach Animal Control
director to see if they can go to the Long Beach launderpet location. As far
as we can find out so far its not any hoax and needs to be investigated.
Thank you for bringing it to my attention."

So, it looks like they are following through on the request.

MaryL

Moongal
February 3rd 07, 01:17 PM
CNN has done a story on this pet spa thing too:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/02/smbusiness/kitty_wash/?postversion=2007020209

> This is the latest message I received from the person I contacted at the
> Sacramento HSUS office concerning the the YouTube video of the cat spa
> kitty washing machine:: "I sent the information to the Long Beach Animal
> Control director to see if they can go to the Long Beach launderpet
> location. As far as we can find out so far its not any hoax and needs to
> be investigated. Thank you for bringing it to my attention."
>
> So, it looks like they are following through on the request.
>
> MaryL

Stick Waver
February 3rd 07, 03:20 PM
MaryL wrote:

> This is the latest message I received from the person I contacted at the
> Sacramento HSUS office concerning the the YouTube video of the cat spa kitty
> washing machine:: "I sent the information to the Long Beach Animal Control
> director to see if they can go to the Long Beach launderpet location. As far
> as we can find out so far its not any hoax and needs to be investigated.
> Thank you for bringing it to my attention."
>
> So, it looks like they are following through on the request.
>
> MaryL

Way to go!

Stick Waver
February 3rd 07, 03:22 PM
Moongal wrote:

> CNN has done a story on this pet spa thing too:
>
> http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/02/smbusiness/kitty_wash/?postversion=2007020209

Excellent! Maybe we all made a difference :-)

> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>
>>This is the latest message I received from the person I contacted at the
>>Sacramento HSUS office concerning the the YouTube video of the cat spa
>>kitty washing machine:: "I sent the information to the Long Beach Animal
>>Control director to see if they can go to the Long Beach launderpet
>>location. As far as we can find out so far its not any hoax and needs to
>>be investigated. Thank you for bringing it to my attention."
>>
>>So, it looks like they are following through on the request.
>>
>>MaryL

MaryL
February 3rd 07, 03:31 PM
"Stick Waver" > wrote in message
> Moongal wrote:
>
>> CNN has done a story on this pet spa thing too:
>>
>> http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/02/smbusiness/kitty_wash/?postversion=2007020209
>
> Excellent! Maybe we all made a difference :-)

Notice that the owners (according to the CNN article and also a CNN
"newsbrief" with Jeanne Moos) said that "cats, like the one in the video,
should be sedated and bathed under supervision at the veterinarian's
office." What a ridiculous statement!

MaryL

sheelagh
February 3rd 07, 07:21 PM
On 3 Feb, 15:31, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> "Stick Waver" > wrote in message

> > Moongal wrote:
>
> >> CNN has done a story on this pet spa thing too:
>
> >>http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/02/smbusiness/kitty_wash/?postversion=20...
>
> > Excellent! Maybe we all made a difference :-)
>
> Notice that the owners (according to the CNN article and also a CNN
> "newsbrief" with Jeanne Moos) said that "cats, like the one in the video,
> should be sedated and bathed under supervision at the veterinarian's
> office." What a ridiculous statement!
>
> MaryL
Ridiculous is an understatement, however,
Well done Mary, from Little thing, bigger things are made.
Through your perseverance, it seems that someone is sitting up and
listening.
I think you did the right thing & thank you for taking the time to do
it too.
S;o)

MaryL
February 3rd 07, 10:38 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On 3 Feb, 15:31, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
> wrote:

>> > Excellent! Maybe we all made a difference :-)
>>
>> Notice that the owners (according to the CNN article and also a CNN
>> "newsbrief" with Jeanne Moos) said that "cats, like the one in the video,
>> should be sedated and bathed under supervision at the veterinarian's
>> office." What a ridiculous statement!
>>
>> MaryL
> Ridiculous is an understatement, however,
> Well done Mary, from Little thing, bigger things are made.
> Through your perseverance, it seems that someone is sitting up and
> listening.
> I think you did the right thing & thank you for taking the time to do
> it too.
> S;o)

Thanks, Sheelagh. And *special thanks* to "Stick Waver," who first drew our
attention to this atrocity and started the process of contacting groups to
investigate.

MaryL

Stick Waver
February 4th 07, 12:25 AM
MaryL wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>
>>On 3 Feb, 15:31, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
>>wrote:

>>>Notice that the owners (according to the CNN article and also a CNN
>>>"newsbrief" with Jeanne Moos) said that "cats, like the one in the video,
>>>should be sedated and bathed under supervision at the veterinarian's
>>>office." What a ridiculous statement!
>>>
>>>MaryL
>>
>>Ridiculous is an understatement, however,
>>Well done Mary, from Little thing, bigger things are made.
>>Through your perseverance, it seems that someone is sitting up and
>>listening.
>>I think you did the right thing & thank you for taking the time to do
>>it too.
>>S;o)
>>

> Thanks, Sheelagh. And *special thanks* to "Stick Waver," who first drew our
> attention to this atrocity and started the process of contacting groups to
> investigate.
>
> MaryL

Thanks, Mary. First time I've ever been moved to do something even
remotely like this. Glad so many good folks (lke you) joined in and
made something happen :-)