PDA

View Full Version : Cat crapping and ****ing in our bed.

February 4th 07, 05:55 AM
I'm out of ideas and need some good advice.

We have 3 cats: an 8-y/o male tabby, a 6-y/o female white/blonde mutt,
and a nearly 3-y/o female tabby. They're all fixed. Our problem is
the 3-y/o tabby.

Almost 4 weeks ago, Shasta, had a bout of diarrhea and left splotches
all over the house. We confined her in our bathroom and didn't feed
her for 24 hours, then gave her chicken and rice. She wouldn't eat it,
and was actually trying to eat her litter. So we gave her the regular
dry cat food that she normally eats. We kept her locked up for 3
days, but she still had the runs, so we took her to the vet. He gave
her antibiotics and anti-diarrhea meds, and Reglan to help "settle"
her stomach.

After 2 days, she was fine and we let her have free run of the house.
She was good for about 3 days and started crapping on our bed! That
went on for about 3 days, and then she started ****ing in our bed. We
locked her up in the bathroom again for a couple days, and let her out
again.

Once again, she was fine, but started crapping and ****ing in our bed
again! Arg! The 3rd day, she had diarrhea again (nothing like diarrhea
in our bed)! We took her back to the vet and he said she had a slight
urinary infection, for which we started another round of meds again.
We locked her up in our bathroom once again.

Now, that was 3 days ago. We have a fresh litter box in the bathroom,
and SHE WON'T USE IT. She's ****ing under the tub and crapping on the
carpet. Her stools are back to normal. I don't know what to do next.
We can't keep her if she's like this all the time. And we certainly
don't want to have her destroyed.

Has anyone been through anything like this? If so, how did you handle
it? We're all at our wit's end!

Thanks,
-Tom in Scranton, PA

Pijewlchio
February 4th 07, 06:00 AM
maybe there is something hung in her digestive tract.
she don't know how else to tell you.

she's saying...

"LOOK AT MY CRAP DADDY, HELP ME"

Pijewlchio
February 4th 07, 06:01 AM
I would wager 65.00 on a vet, that she does need a vet.
does that make sense?

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I'm out of ideas and need some good advice.
>
> We have 3 cats: an 8-y/o male tabby, a 6-y/o female white/blonde mutt,
> and a nearly 3-y/o female tabby. They're all fixed. Our problem is
> the 3-y/o tabby.
>
> Almost 4 weeks ago, Shasta, had a bout of diarrhea and left splotches
> all over the house. We confined her in our bathroom and didn't feed
> her for 24 hours, then gave her chicken and rice. She wouldn't eat it,
> and was actually trying to eat her litter. So we gave her the regular
> dry cat food that she normally eats. We kept her locked up for 3
> days, but she still had the runs, so we took her to the vet. He gave
> her antibiotics and anti-diarrhea meds, and Reglan to help "settle"
> her stomach.
>
> After 2 days, she was fine and we let her have free run of the house.
> She was good for about 3 days and started crapping on our bed! That
> went on for about 3 days, and then she started ****ing in our bed. We
> locked her up in the bathroom again for a couple days, and let her out
> again.
>
> Once again, she was fine, but started crapping and ****ing in our bed
> again! Arg! The 3rd day, she had diarrhea again (nothing like diarrhea
> in our bed)! We took her back to the vet and he said she had a slight
> urinary infection, for which we started another round of meds again.
> We locked her up in our bathroom once again.
>
> Now, that was 3 days ago. We have a fresh litter box in the bathroom,
> and SHE WON'T USE IT. She's ****ing under the tub and crapping on the
> carpet. Her stools are back to normal. I don't know what to do next.
> We can't keep her if she's like this all the time. And we certainly
> don't want to have her destroyed.
>
> Has anyone been through anything like this? If so, how did you handle
> it? We're all at our wit's end!
>
> Thanks,
> -Tom in Scranton, PA

Wendy
February 4th 07, 12:38 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I'm out of ideas and need some good advice.
>
> We have 3 cats: an 8-y/o male tabby, a 6-y/o female white/blonde mutt,
> and a nearly 3-y/o female tabby. They're all fixed. Our problem is
> the 3-y/o tabby.
>
> Almost 4 weeks ago, Shasta, had a bout of diarrhea and left splotches
> all over the house. We confined her in our bathroom and didn't feed
> her for 24 hours, then gave her chicken and rice. She wouldn't eat it,
> and was actually trying to eat her litter. So we gave her the regular
> dry cat food that she normally eats. We kept her locked up for 3
> days, but she still had the runs, so we took her to the vet. He gave
> her antibiotics and anti-diarrhea meds, and Reglan to help "settle"
> her stomach.
>
> After 2 days, she was fine and we let her have free run of the house.
> She was good for about 3 days and started crapping on our bed! That
> went on for about 3 days, and then she started ****ing in our bed. We
> locked her up in the bathroom again for a couple days, and let her out
> again.
>
> Once again, she was fine, but started crapping and ****ing in our bed
> again! Arg! The 3rd day, she had diarrhea again (nothing like diarrhea
> in our bed)! We took her back to the vet and he said she had a slight
> urinary infection, for which we started another round of meds again.
> We locked her up in our bathroom once again.
>
> Now, that was 3 days ago. We have a fresh litter box in the bathroom,
> and SHE WON'T USE IT. She's ****ing under the tub and crapping on the
> carpet. Her stools are back to normal. I don't know what to do next.
> We can't keep her if she's like this all the time. And we certainly
> don't want to have her destroyed.
>
> Has anyone been through anything like this? If so, how did you handle
> it? We're all at our wit's end!
>
> Thanks,
> -Tom in Scranton, PA

Frequently when a cat stops using the litter box it's because they are
experiencing pain while using it. They equate the pain with the box and take
their business elsewhere. Elsewhere can be somewhere that you're assured to
find it so you do something about the pain for them.

You need to get kitty back to the vet and if this one can't track down the
source find another - maybe a cat only vet if there is one in your area.
There is something beyond a simple urinary tract infection at work here.
It's not normal for diarrhea to lead to a "slight urinary tract infection".

In the mean time take up the carpet in the bathroom and get a plastic runner
for under the tub (slide it out to clean it if necessary and kitty might not
like using it so will go back to the box).

You could also try cat attract litter and see if that could entice kitty
back to the box. A new box might help too. There might be some smell in the
plastic that is bringing back unpleasant associations. Use an enzyme cleaner
on the floor to get rid of any urine odor. You might not be able to smell it
but kitty can.

sheelagh
February 4th 07, 03:40 PM
Frequently when a cat stops using the litter box it's because they
are
experiencing pain while using it. They equate the pain with the box
and take
their business elsewhere.
Elsewhere can be somewhere that you're assured to
find it so you do something about the pain for them.

I agree with this one too.
If you don't feel that you are getting the right answer from your
current vet, go to a different one for a second opinion...this
behaviour is not at all normal, & every word Wendy tells you is true
It would appear that you are paying a vet who isn't as scrupulous as
some other vets might be, shall we say?If you don't have another one
near you, then travel a little bit further..she is worth it after all.
If she has never done this before, she is trying desperately to tell
you something is terribly wrong.
Believe your cat, not the vet this time round

> plastic that is bringing back unpleasant associations. Use an enzyme cleaner
> on the floor to get rid of any urine odor. You might not be able to small it, but kitty can!!!!

It is the only way to break down that smell that keeps reminding her
of where she went lat time.
The cleaner is slightly expensive , but well worth every penny you
spend on it, because it works..
Good luck & let us know how it goes?
S;o)

bluemaxx
February 4th 07, 09:01 PM
(sorry - piggybacking here, but the OP didn't show up)

What caught my eye in your post, Tom was your statement that your cat was
eating the cat litter. She was not hungry when she did that.

There is a disease called "Pica" where cats eat litter because of being
anemic (iron deficiency) or an underlying disease going on in their system.
Here's one link I found: http://www.manhattancats.com/Articles/PICA.htm

And be sure NOT to use a clay type litter - it will stay inside her and
cause other obstruction problems. Switch your litter to a wheat based
litter, like WheatScoop or some other organic material; Shredded
newspapers, etc.

And I agree with the others... get a new vet, and get your cat some
bloodwork. Something is going on inside her.

hugs,
Linda
Tucker-cat photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx
Cat Surgery Fund eBay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtwolegs

"Wendy" > wrote in message
. ..
:
: > wrote in message
: ups.com...
: > I'm out of ideas and need some good advice.
: >
[...]

February 4th 07, 09:32 PM
"bluemaxx" > wrote in message
. ..
> (sorry - piggybacking here, but the OP didn't show up)
>
> What caught my eye in your post, Tom was your statement that your cat was
> eating the cat litter. She was not hungry when she did that.
>
> There is a disease called "Pica" where cats eat litter because of being
> anemic (iron deficiency) or an underlying disease going on in their
> system.
> Here's one link I found: http://www.manhattancats.com/Articles/PICA.htm
>
> And be sure NOT to use a clay type litter - it will stay inside her and
> cause other obstruction problems. Switch your litter to a wheat based
> litter, like WheatScoop or some other organic material; Shredded
> newspapers, etc.
>
> And I agree with the others... get a new vet, and get your cat some
> bloodwork. Something is going on inside her.
>
> hugs,
> Linda

They say not to use clumping litter with kittens because they tend to ingest
it and it causes problems. Do you know if the wheat and corn clumping
litters present the same risk as the clay litters do?

February 5th 07, 09:10 AM
On Feb 4, 12:32 pm, "Wendy" > wrote:

> They say not to use clumping litter with kittens because they tend to ingest
> it and it causes problems. Do you know if the wheat and corn clumping
> litters present the same risk as the clay litters do?

This is the reason I switched to wheat litter. It is safe because it
is digestible. If the kitten accidentally eats it, they will digest it
and pass it, no problem.

If you have dogs that sometimes manage to get into the litter or find
a loose piece that fell off outside the box, it is nice to know that
they aren't getting a bunch of clay that can block their systems.

The wheat in the litter is safe for people, just considered a lower
grade than what we use for food. But it is safe. I believe the corn
litter is the same. They didn't have it here back when I was looking
for a safe scoopable litter, so I never tried it.

Several years ago, I decided to try a pine litter that was pellets.
Chase took one look at it, looked iritated, and went right over and
peed on my bed. It seemed pretty clear that he hated the litter and
wanted me to know. I changed it back the next day and never changed it
again.

Also, a suggestion for the bed as eventually, you will want to give
her freedom again. Get a vinyl tablecloth and cover the bed, fuzzy
side up. The tablecloth will protect your bedding and can be washed
easily. I had to do this back when Kira had separation anxiety. Every
time I went out of town overnight, I would come back to a bed with
urine, puke, and sometimes diarhea too. After two returns like that, I
got a tablecloth. It took a couple years before I could come home to a
clean bed, but the tablecloth solved the frustration and mess. She
always returned to normal when I got home, so I was lucky about that.

I haven't needed one in a long time, but I do keep it on hand on case
anybody gets sick.

February 5th 07, 12:15 PM
Thank you for all the suggestions!

Shasta is still penned up in our bathroom. She is urinating in her
litter box, but crapping in the sink, on the rug and in the window
sill :( Her stools are loose. She's still active and not in any
visible pain. She's eating well. Her meds are all used up now, so I
am making her an appointment with another vet. I suspect she may be
getting "cramps" and just releasing wherever she happens to be.

BlueMaxx, I've only seen her eat litter that one time, when she
wouldn't eat the chicken and rice.

Friesian, my cat would crap on TOP of the bed, but she would ****
under the covers. That's where she would sleep during the day. It was
like she got the urge to pee, but didn't bother to go to the litter
box.

-Tom in Scranton, PA

cindys
February 5th 07, 02:11 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Feb 4, 12:32 pm, "Wendy" > wrote:
>
> Also, a suggestion for the bed as eventually, you will want to give
> her freedom again. Get a vinyl tablecloth and cover the bed, fuzzy
> side up. The tablecloth will protect your bedding and can be washed
> easily.
----------
In the USA anyway, there is also such a thing as a waterproof mattress
cover. It comes in two styles. (From the time Molly was young, she had slept
with us at night. When she got elderly, she would sometimes "leak" in her
sleep.) The style we got looks like a giant, heavy gauge plastic bag with a
zipper. It completely encases the mattresses and comes in twin, full, queen,
and king. The sheets and blanket go on top. There is another style which
just covers the top and sides of the mattress (like a fitted sheet, but we
didn't like this style as it didn't stay in place as well. The price varies
depending on the size. The zippered style is around $15.00 for the twin size
and around $20.00 for the queen size. They last forever assuming you don't
have a cat who claws them to pieces (then they tear over time). But IMO,
they were worth every penny. Once the cat has urinated on the mattress
itself, you will never get the urine out completely no matter what you do
because the urine soaks in deep. It costs hundreds of dollars to replace a
mattress.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

February 5th 07, 03:04 PM
On Feb 5, 8:11 am, "cindys" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...> On Feb 4, 12:32 pm, "Wendy" > wrote:
>
> > Also, a suggestion for the bed as eventually, you will want to give
> > her freedom again. Get a vinyl tablecloth and cover the bed, fuzzy
> > side up. The tablecloth will protect your bedding and can be washed
> > easily.
>
> ----------
> In the USA anyway, there is also such a thing as a waterproof mattress
> cover. It comes in two styles. (From the time Molly was young, she had slept
> with us at night. When she got elderly, she would sometimes "leak" in her
> sleep.) The style we got looks like a giant, heavy gauge plastic bag with a
> zipper. It completely encases the mattresses and comes in twin, full, queen,
> and king. The sheets and blanket go on top. There is another style which
> just covers the top and sides of the mattress (like a fitted sheet, but we
> didn't like this style as it didn't stay in place as well. The price varies
> depending on the size. The zippered style is around $15.00 for the twin size
> and around $20.00 for the queen size. They last forever assuming you don't
> have acatwho claws them to pieces (then they tear over time). But IMO,
> they were worth every penny. Once thecathas urinated on the mattress
> itself, you will never get the urine out completely no matter what you do
> because the urine soaks in deep. It costs hundreds of dollars to replace a
> mattress.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

I don't think covering our bed will be of any value. Our cat is
obviously releiving herself wherever she happens to be when the "urge"
strikes her.

cindys
February 5th 07, 03:32 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

snip

> I don't think covering our bed will be of any value.

It will keep cat urine out of the mattress.

>Our cat is
> obviously releiving herself wherever she happens to be when the "urge"
> strikes her.

I agree that the problem with your cat is not so simple. I wasn't suggesting
that a mattress cover would cure the problem with your cat. I was just
saying it would protect your bed in the meantime.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

February 5th 07, 09:37 PM
On Feb 5, 9:32 am, "cindys" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> I agree that the problem with your cat is not so simple. I wasn't suggesting
> that a mattress cover would cure the problem with yourcat. I was just
> saying it would protect your bed in the meantime.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Ah, thanks for the tip, Cindy. I do appreciate it! And we already
have a waterproof mattress cover. I also like the idea of covering the
TOP of the bed too :)
I just didn't know if you realized that my Shasta has other issues.

-Tom in Scranton, PA

cindys
February 5th 07, 09:54 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Feb 5, 9:32 am, "cindys" > wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...
>>

>> I agree that the problem with your cat is not so simple. I wasn't
>> suggesting
>> that a mattress cover would cure the problem with yourcat. I was just
>> saying it would protect your bed in the meantime.
>> Best regards,
>> ---Cindy S.
>
> Ah, thanks for the tip, Cindy. I do appreciate it! And we already
> have a waterproof mattress cover. I also like the idea of covering the
> TOP of the bed too :)
> I just didn't know if you realized that my Shasta has other issues.
--------
I realized. I've been reading your posts. I hope you're able to work things
out.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Cat Protector
February 6th 07, 02:40 AM
It's so amazing that when problems come up some people end up wanting to
dump the cat. Would you dump one of your human kids if a problem comes up?
If this is indeed a UTI, it's not going to suddenly clear up overnight. Some
cats have it throughout their lifetime. My cat Icarus commonly has gotten
UTI and I was told by the vet that some cats never get to be 100% cured of
it so they end up on meds throughout their lifetime.

You mentioned several times the litterbox. Have you tried using a different
cat litter? It's possible that your cat simply doesn't like the choice.
Also, why are you locking the cat up because of this issue. Your cat
shouldn't be punished because she is sick or has litterbox issues. Also, if
this bathroom is a high traffic area then you might consider moving the
litterbox to an area where she feels more secure using it.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I'm out of ideas and need some good advice.
>
> We have 3 cats: an 8-y/o male tabby, a 6-y/o female white/blonde mutt,
> and a nearly 3-y/o female tabby. They're all fixed. Our problem is
> the 3-y/o tabby.
>
> Almost 4 weeks ago, Shasta, had a bout of diarrhea and left splotches
> all over the house. We confined her in our bathroom and didn't feed
> her for 24 hours, then gave her chicken and rice. She wouldn't eat it,
> and was actually trying to eat her litter. So we gave her the regular
> dry cat food that she normally eats. We kept her locked up for 3
> days, but she still had the runs, so we took her to the vet. He gave
> her antibiotics and anti-diarrhea meds, and Reglan to help "settle"
> her stomach.
>
> After 2 days, she was fine and we let her have free run of the house.
> She was good for about 3 days and started crapping on our bed! That
> went on for about 3 days, and then she started ****ing in our bed. We
> locked her up in the bathroom again for a couple days, and let her out
> again.
>
> Once again, she was fine, but started crapping and ****ing in our bed
> again! Arg! The 3rd day, she had diarrhea again (nothing like diarrhea
> in our bed)! We took her back to the vet and he said she had a slight
> urinary infection, for which we started another round of meds again.
> We locked her up in our bathroom once again.
>
> Now, that was 3 days ago. We have a fresh litter box in the bathroom,
> and SHE WON'T USE IT. She's ****ing under the tub and crapping on the
> carpet. Her stools are back to normal. I don't know what to do next.
> We can't keep her if she's like this all the time. And we certainly
> don't want to have her destroyed.
>
> Has anyone been through anything like this? If so, how did you handle
> it? We're all at our wit's end!
>
> Thanks,
> -Tom in Scranton, PA

cindys
February 6th 07, 03:09 AM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
snip>
> You mentioned several times the litterbox. Have you tried using a
> different cat litter? It's possible that your cat simply doesn't like the
> choice. Also, why are you locking the cat up because of this issue. Your
> cat shouldn't be punished because she is sick or has litterbox issues.
--------
FWIW, I agree with tommonger on this point. He's not trying to "punish"
Shasta, but he can't have her urinating and defecating all over the house
either, which would create a major health hazard, amongst other things. Once
he takes Shasta to a veterinarian, if the veterinarian is unable to find a
medical problem, the veterinarian will in all likelihood suggest confining
Shasta to a single room just as tommonger has done. I'm sure that will not
be enjoyable for her, but a person cannot live in a house where every room,
every carpet, every piece of furniture is a litter box. Such a situation is
unsanitary and completely unlivable. We all love our cats, but there is a
point where the needs of the cat do not supersede the needs of the human.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

>Also, if this bathroom is a high traffic area then you might consider
>moving the litterbox to an area where she feels more secure using it.

BarB
February 6th 07, 08:17 AM
On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 15:32:17 -0500, "Wendy" >
wrote:

>They say not to use clumping litter with kittens because they tend to ingest
>it and it causes problems. Do you know if the wheat and corn clumping
>litters present the same risk as the clay litters do?

The danger to kittens from clumping clay litter has never been proven
but after trying to dig it out of baby paws which were encased in
cement blocks, I switched to corn or wheat which is easy for momcat
or me to remove.

BarB

February 6th 07, 08:22 AM
On Feb 5, 5:40 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> It's so amazing that when problems come up some people end up wanting to
> dump the cat. Would you dump one of your human kids if a problem comes up?
> If this is indeed a UTI, it's not going to suddenly clear up overnight. Some
> cats have it throughout their lifetime. My cat Icarus commonly has gotten
> UTI and I was told by the vet that some cats never get to be 100% cured of
> it so they end up on meds throughout their lifetime.

We had a dog with bladder problems. She would get a bladder infection
2-3 times a year and eventually developed bladder cancer. We just had
to learn to recognize that she was having a problem again and get her
the meds.

> You mentioned several times the litterbox. Have you tried using a different
> cat litter? It's possible that your cat simply doesn't like the choice.

A lady on one of my other lists found a purebred ragdoll on craigslist
for free. The breeder had taken the cat back because it was peeing all
over the house. The lady picked up the cat, tried a couple kinds of
litter, and then the problem quit. She's had the cat several months
now with no more problems. The cat probably had a medical problem or
stress problem that caused the initial litter box problem, and then
punishment for it probably made it worse.

I had one cat who objected to a new type of litter. He responded by
peeing on my bed. I got the message and changed back.

Other problems were shortlived. A new cat was afraid of the dogs
during his first week here, so he peed in a bedroom when he got
"stuck" there. A put an extra litter box upstairs for a month, and
that solved the problem.

And my stress kitty had a couple bouts where she felt stressed by
another cat. He would stare at her while she was in the box and
sometimes attack her on the way out. I solved the problem by standing
guard for her.

The hard part is finding out the actual problem, which may not be the
original problem. Somtimes, you just have to experiment with different
solutions until you hit the right one. Changing the box, changing the
location, changing the litter type, etc.

Cat Protector
February 6th 07, 08:25 AM
Yes he is punishing the poor cat. Locking her in the bathroom and then
suggesting dumping the cat because of this issue is punishing her. I thought
the OP said he took this cat to the vet already and prescribed meds? He said
he did this for 3 days. I can say that a UTI is usually not cured in just a
few days. It sometimes takes weeks or months before the cat gets over it.
Having a cat that has had UTI I can speak from experience here.

--

"cindys" > wrote in message

> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> snip>
>> You mentioned several times the litterbox. Have you tried using a
>> different cat litter? It's possible that your cat simply doesn't like the
>> choice. Also, why are you locking the cat up because of this issue. Your
>> cat shouldn't be punished because she is sick or has litterbox issues.
> --------
> FWIW, I agree with tommonger on this point. He's not trying to "punish"
> Shasta, but he can't have her urinating and defecating all over the house
> either, which would create a major health hazard, amongst other things.
> Once he takes Shasta to a veterinarian, if the veterinarian is unable to
> find a medical problem, the veterinarian will in all likelihood suggest
> confining Shasta to a single room just as tommonger has done. I'm sure
> that will not be enjoyable for her, but a person cannot live in a house
> where every room, every carpet, every piece of furniture is a litter box.
> Such a situation is unsanitary and completely unlivable. We all love our
> cats, but there is a point where the needs of the cat do not supersede the
> needs of the human.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.
>

>>Also, if this bathroom is a high traffic area then you might consider
>>moving the litterbox to an area where she feels more secure using it.

February 6th 07, 12:58 PM
On Feb 6, 2:25 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> Yes he is punishing the poor cat. Locking her in the bathroom and then
> suggesting dumping the cat because of this issue is punishing her. I thought
> the OP said he took this cat to the vet already and prescribed meds? He said
> he did this for 3 days. I can say that a UTI is usually not cured in just a
> few days. It sometimes takes weeks or months before the cat gets over it.
> Having a cat that has had UTI I can speak from experience here.

CP, my cat has a nice sized bathroom to soil as she pleases. She's not
being "punished". She MUST be isolated. If she is indeed sick with
something communicable, this will help prevent my other 2 cats (and
dog) from getting the same thing. Also, I've got children, and I don't
want them exposed to cat diarrhea and ****. Maybe you don't mind, but
I do. Sorry if you don't like that idea, but all households are
different.

Secondly, we don't WANT to "dump" Shasta. I could easily have done
that already and not even bothered trying to help her for the past 4
weeks. We are willing to try what we can with her. Incidentally, my
wife found her as a 3-week old kitten dumped in a grocery store
garbage can. Matter of fact, all 3 of our cats are rescues (the other
2 are the result of ignorant neighbors not spaying/neutering their
cats... and we wind up with kittens under our porch and in our shed).

My one cat (almost 7 years old) was born with fleas, an eye infection,
RINGWORM, kennel cough and roundworms. I had to isolate her for 3
months in our attic, giving her baths every other day with special
ringworm shampoo. She survived breast cancer 2 years ago, and has a
seizure disorder. Not many people would have kept a cat with all
these problems.

Back to Shasta... I don't believe she has a UTI. I susupect IBS or
colitis. I found another vet and am making an appt. today.

And yes, we've tried different litter. I didn't think that would work
because why would she suddenly care about her litter after almost 3
years of the same type???? She's PEEING in the box again, but not
defacating in it (I guess you didn't read my posts very well).

So, please calm down, CP. You are oversensationalizing my problem,
considering you know very little about me, my household and my
experience with cats.

Thanks,
-Tom in Scranton, PA

cindys
February 6th 07, 02:30 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Feb 6, 2:25 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
>> Yes he is punishing the poor cat. Locking her in the bathroom and then
>> suggesting dumping the cat because of this issue is punishing her. I
>> thought
>> the OP said he took this cat to the vet already and prescribed meds? He
>> said
>> he did this for 3 days. I can say that a UTI is usually not cured in just
>> few days. It sometimes takes weeks or months before the cat gets over it.
>> Having a cat that has had UTI I can speak from experience here.
>

> CP, my cat has a nice sized bathroom to soil as she pleases. She's not
> being "punished". She MUST be isolated. If she is indeed sick with
> something communicable, this will help prevent my other 2 cats (and
> dog) from getting the same thing. Also, I've got children, and I don't
> want them exposed to cat diarrhea and ****. Maybe you don't mind, but
> I do. Sorry if you don't like that idea, but all households are
> different.
--------
It's not just a matter of households being "different." A house filled with
raw sewage (even without a communicable disease) is a health hazard. And if
a neighbor or guest were to see that, that person would call child
protective services immediately and rightly so. I can guarantee the children
would be removed from the situation and placed in foster care. The health
board would in all likelihood also be called, and (all) the animals would be
taken away as well.

There is a limit to how much cat urine/excrement one can clean up all over
the house. Enzymatic cleaners like Nature's Miracle work well for an
occasional accident, but despite the name, they really can't make "a
miracle." In the last year of Molly's life, she began urinating in the
corner of the living room on the carpeting (she did not have a UTI). Even
though she didn't seem to have any problems going up the stairs (all of our
litterboxes are upstairs), and she came upstairs many other times during the
day, she didn't want to go up to use the litterbox. She decided that the
corner of the carpeted living room was her new litterbox. It took us a while
to discover the problem (her urine was very dilute because she had CRF, so
it lacked much of the telltale cat urine odor). I solved (most of) the
problem by reluctantly added a litterbox on the main floor, in the hallway
outside the kitchen. In spite of this, she still continued to use the corner
of the living room at least some of the time. The net result was that we had
to pull up much of the living room carpeting, and we will additionally need
to replace parts of the (now blackened) hardwood flooring underneath. And
our cat was limiting her urinating to one place. She wasn't going all over
the house. If Molly had been urinating all over the house, there is no doubt
but that I would have confined her to the kitchen full time. No matter what
the reason, you can't allow an animal to turn your home into a toilet and
put your health and the health of your children at risk.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

> Secondly, we don't WANT to "dump" Shasta. I could easily have done
> that already and not even bothered trying to help her for the past 4
> weeks. We are willing to try what we can with her. Incidentally, my
> wife found her as a 3-week old kitten dumped in a grocery store
> garbage can. Matter of fact, all 3 of our cats are rescues (the other
> 2 are the result of ignorant neighbors not spaying/neutering their
> cats... and we wind up with kittens under our porch and in our shed).
>
> My one cat (almost 7 years old) was born with fleas, an eye infection,
> RINGWORM, kennel cough and roundworms. I had to isolate her for 3
> months in our attic, giving her baths every other day with special
> ringworm shampoo. She survived breast cancer 2 years ago, and has a
> seizure disorder. Not many people would have kept a cat with all
> these problems.
>
> Back to Shasta... I don't believe she has a UTI. I susupect IBS or
> colitis. I found another vet and am making an appt. today.
>
> And yes, we've tried different litter. I didn't think that would work
> because why would she suddenly care about her litter after almost 3
> years of the same type???? She's PEEING in the box again, but not
> defacating in it (I guess you didn't read my posts very well).
>
> So, please calm down, CP. You are oversensationalizing my problem,
> considering you know very little about me, my household and my
> experience with cats.
>
> Thanks,
> -Tom in Scranton, PA

Cat Protector
February 6th 07, 05:37 PM
That is not what you stated. You stated that she ****ed on your bed and that
you once again locked her in the bathroom. A UTI is not contageous. Diet
plays more of a roll in that than anything else. I'm always amazed that when
you call someone out when they say stuff like "We can't keep her if she's
like this all the time" the person suddenly says I have all these children
and such. Cat pee and spots can be cleaned up but to suddenly use the "we'll
dump the cat" bit certainly says that you wish to punish her.

I'm not being overly sensative as you state. I've just seen too many cats
end up at the rescues because people lightly work out the problem and then
say they've spent enough to try and solve the issue. When they urinate
outside the litterbox it is either behavioral or it's medical.

Here is one idea I think you should try, why not put the litterbox in your
bedroon in an area near where she is peeing. Then slowly each week move it
away from the area to a more secure location. You might also keep a toy or
teaser attached to the litter box (mounted on the wall or something) so she
associates it with something pleasent.

You never mentioned how often you scoop the litterbox but if you don't do it
at least 3 times a day then I can see why your cat might go elsewhere if the
problem isn't a UTI. BTW, does this cat or any of them for that matter cry
or yowl when they use the litterbox and are scratching around in it? If so,
then I'd say this is a urinary issue and it needs to be treated ASAP. BTW,
if a cat has a UTI it doesn't mean they'll crap in the box while they
urinate elsewhere. They may decide to go in other places to do that. If your
cat in question has crystals in the urine (which you should bring in a
sample into a vet) then you definately need to deal with the issue. One of
my cats has had a UTI off and on and I can say it is very unpleasent but
after getting him on anti-biotics and the right food he's been much better.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
> wrote in message >
> CP, my cat has a nice sized bathroom to soil as she pleases. She's not
> being "punished". She MUST be isolated. If she is indeed sick with
> something communicable, this will help prevent my other 2 cats (and
> dog) from getting the same thing. Also, I've got children, and I don't
> want them exposed to cat diarrhea and ****. Maybe you don't mind, but
> I do. Sorry if you don't like that idea, but all households are
> different.
>
> Secondly, we don't WANT to "dump" Shasta. I could easily have done
> that already and not even bothered trying to help her for the past 4
> weeks. We are willing to try what we can with her. Incidentally, my
> wife found her as a 3-week old kitten dumped in a grocery store
> garbage can. Matter of fact, all 3 of our cats are rescues (the other
> 2 are the result of ignorant neighbors not spaying/neutering their
> cats... and we wind up with kittens under our porch and in our shed).
>
> My one cat (almost 7 years old) was born with fleas, an eye infection,
> RINGWORM, kennel cough and roundworms. I had to isolate her for 3
> months in our attic, giving her baths every other day with special
> ringworm shampoo. She survived breast cancer 2 years ago, and has a
> seizure disorder. Not many people would have kept a cat with all
> these problems.
>
> Back to Shasta... I don't believe she has a UTI. I susupect IBS or
> colitis. I found another vet and am making an appt. today.
>
> And yes, we've tried different litter. I didn't think that would work
> because why would she suddenly care about her litter after almost 3
> years of the same type???? She's PEEING in the box again, but not
> defacating in it (I guess you didn't read my posts very well).
>
> So, please calm down, CP. You are oversensationalizing my problem,
> considering you know very little about me, my household and my
> experience with cats.
>
> Thanks,
> -Tom in Scranton, PA

cindys
February 6th 07, 06:18 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> That is not what you stated. You stated that she ****ed on your bed and
> that you once again locked her in the bathroom. A UTI is not contageous.
> Diet plays more of a roll in that than anything else. I'm always amazed
> that when you call someone out when they say stuff like "We can't keep her
> if she's like this all the time" the person suddenly says I have all these
> children and such. Cat pee and spots can be cleaned up but to suddenly use
> the "we'll dump the cat" bit certainly says that you wish to punish her.
-------
Putting the cat in the bathroom is not someone trying to *punish* the cat.
It's an act of desperation by someone who keeps finding cat urine/poop all
over the house and the house reeks, and the person doesn't know what else to
do about it. And the bathroom thing is always temporary. I have never heard
of a cat living in someone's bathroom for more than a few days. It's easy
to clean up bathroom tiles. It is not so easy to clean up a mattress (we had
to replace ours) or to have to tear out a couple thousand dollars' worth of
living room carpeting (we're even going to have to replace part of the
hardwood flooring underneath) for the sake of letting the cat have the run
of the house while the family is ostensibly working on the solution. No,
this is not the same thing as the guy who didn't want the cat scratching the
leather couch. Having cat urine and poop all over the house is a health
issue. And much of the time, the person who threatens to "dump the cat" has
no real intention of doing so. It's just something people sometimes say when
they're upset and venting.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Pijewlchio
February 6th 07, 07:26 PM
"cindys" > wrote in message

> Putting the cat in the bathroom is not someone trying to *punish* the cat.

The cat must be in pain.

Wonder what op should do?
OH MY WHAT TO DO, LOL

I made a choice to take a cute little black kitten. She grew up, get
pregnant had 7 kittens
4 are homed, 3 torture me daily.

For example

I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN 3245#%$#$^%$^%$&^%$ WEEKS

or so...

Ho hum.. remember back when I made the choice to take the one little cutesy
wootsy black kitten

THE OP NEEDS TO TAKE THE ****ING CAT TO THE GODDAMN VET AND HANG UP THE
MUTHER****ING INTERNET

the **** is wrong with people

THEY MADE A CHOICE NOW THEY NEED TO ****ING DEAL WITH IT

CAT ****S IN THE BED FROM PAIN

get it? GET IT?

nothing personal Cindy, once again I have been tortured this afternoon, my
mouth is indicitive of this CIA torture..
IT IS ILLEGAL TO DEPRIVE A MUTHER****ER OF SLEEP

IT'S GODDAMN ILLEGAL YET THIS IS WHERE I AM BECAUSE OF MY CHOICES

Im finding them homes, Im biting the bullet int he meantime

AND HELL YES! JUPITER IS GOING TO GET SPAYED WHEN I CAN AFFORD IT

but... it all started with a cute little black kitten... oooohhh how cute.

February 6th 07, 07:40 PM
To those who gave me great advice and helpful hints, I thank you
immensely! I will now feel much more informed before I visit this new
vet!

To CP, I don't care to read any more of your accusatory posts, so
after I hit the "post now" button on this message, I am placing you on
"kill file". You obviously have predetermined thoughts in your head
and nothing is going to change your unfortunate attitude. Damned if I
do, damned if I don't. I thank God I don't know you! Maybe you
should preach your gospels to another choir.

Cheers,
-Tom in Scranton, PA

On Feb 6, 11:37 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> That is not what you stated. You stated that she ****ed on your bed and that
> you once again locked her in the bathroom. A UTI is not contageous. Diet
> plays more of a roll in that than anything else. I'm always amazed that when
> you call someone out when they say stuff like "We can't keep her if she's
> like this all the time" the person suddenly says I have all these children
> and such. Cat pee and spots can be cleaned up but to suddenly use the "we'll
> dump the cat" bit certainly says that you wish to punish her.
>
> I'm not being overly sensative as you state. I've just seen too many cats
> end up at the rescues because people lightly work out the problem and then
> say they've spent enough to try and solve the issue. When they urinate
> outside the litterbox it is either behavioral or it's medical.
>
> Here is one idea I think you should try, why not put the litterbox in your
> bedroon in an area near where she is peeing. Then slowly each week move it
> away from the area to a more secure location. You might also keep a toy or
> teaser attached to the litter box (mounted on the wall or something) so she
> associates it with something pleasent.
>
> You never mentioned how often you scoop the litterbox but if you don't do it
> at least 3 times a day then I can see why your cat might go elsewhere if the
> problem isn't a UTI. BTW, does this cat or any of them for that matter cry
> or yowl when they use the litterbox and are scratching around in it? If so,
> then I'd say this is a urinary issue and it needs to be treated ASAP. BTW,
> if a cat has a UTI it doesn't mean they'll crap in the box while they
> urinate elsewhere. They may decide to go in other places to do that. If your
> cat in question has crystals in the urine (which you should bring in a
> sample into a vet) then you definately need to deal with the issue. One of
> my cats has had a UTI off and on and I can say it is very unpleasent but
> after getting him on anti-biotics and the right food he's been much better.

Cat Protector
February 6th 07, 07:50 PM
Apparently from this post he doesn't care to hear from experienced cat
people like myself. First the OP said he took the cat to the vet now he says
he's taking the cat to a new one.

You can put me on the killfile all you want. It doesn't change the fact that
you know exactly what's going on but figure if it isn't solved immediately
that you planned to dump the cat. You say that you thank God you don't know
me but I'll hardly lose any sleep because you don't. Perhaps if you knew me
you'd come to realize how dedicated to the well being of cats I really am.

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> [...]
>> the
>> problem isn't a UTI. BTW, does this cat or any of them for that matter
>> cry
>> or yowl when they use the litterbox and are scratching around in it? If
>> so,
>> then I'd say this is a urinary issue and it needs to be treated ASAP.
>> BTW,
>> if a cat has a UTI it doesn't mean they'll crap in the box while they
>> urinate elsewhere. They may decide to go in other places to do that. If
>> your
>> cat in question has crystals in the urine (which you should bring in a
>> sample into a vet) then you definately need to deal with the issue. One
>> of
>> my cats has had a UTI off and on and I can say it is very unpleasent but
>> after getting him on anti-biotics and the right food he's been much

Go Daddy
February 6th 07, 07:54 PM
On Feb 6, 1:50 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> Apparently from this post he doesn't care to hear from experienced cat
> people like myself. First the OP said he took the cat to the vet now he says
> he's taking the cat to a new one.
>
> You can put me on the killfile all you want. It doesn't change the fact that
> you know exactly what's going on but figure if it isn't solved immediately
> that you planned to dump the cat. You say that you thank God you don't know
> me but I'll hardly lose any sleep because you don't. Perhaps if you knew me
> you'd come to realize how dedicated to the well being of cats I really am.

I hope you don't let them upset you, Im sure you're bigger than that.

cheers! to being true to your heart and thoughts in this.

cindys
February 6th 07, 08:05 PM
"Pijewlchio" > wrote in message

> THE OP NEEDS TO TAKE THE CAT TO THE VET AND HANG UP THE
> INTERNET
----------
I thought he already did that, and there was no UTI (am I not remembering
correctly?) If he hasn't taken the cat to the vet, then obviously he needs
to do that ASAP. In my situation, the cat did not have a UTI. She had just
gotten elderly and was developing strange behaviors. The leaking at night
(when she was in a deep sleep) was incontinence from a presumably weakening
muscle. Our fix for the latter problem (the vet gave us some incontinence
pills but I couldn't get the pills into the cat) was to take her to the
litter box at bedtime and place her in (just like taking a child to the
bathroom before bed). She would empty her bladder and then she wouldn't leak
during the night.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

> the **** is wrong with people
>
> THEY MADE A CHOICE NOW THEY NEED TO ****ING DEAL WITH IT
>
> CAT ****S IN THE BED FROM PAIN
>
> get it? GET IT?
>
> nothing personal Cindy, once again I have been tortured this afternoon, my
> mouth is indicitive of this CIA torture..
> IT IS ILLEGAL TO DEPRIVE A MUTHER****ER OF SLEEP
>
> IT'S GODDAMN ILLEGAL YET THIS IS WHERE I AM BECAUSE OF MY CHOICES
>
> Im finding them homes, Im biting the bullet int he meantime
>
> AND HELL YES! JUPITER IS GOING TO GET SPAYED WHEN I CAN AFFORD IT
>
> but... it all started with a cute little black kitten... oooohhh how cute.

February 6th 07, 08:48 PM
On Feb 6, 11:37 am, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> That is not what you stated. You stated that she ****ed on your bed and that
> you once again locked her in the bathroom.

Yes, I did lock her in the bathroom, because she ****ed in the bed and
had the diarrhea on the bed, as well as in our dining room.

> A UTI is not contageous.

I didn't know that. So, how about cat diarrhea?

> Diet
> plays more of a roll in that than anything else.

Nothing's changed in her diet. And my vet said not to change her food
while she's having this problem. It would only complicate things.

> I'm always amazed that when
> you call someone out when they say stuff like "We can't keep her if she's
> like this all the time" the person suddenly says I have all these children
> and such.

What the hell does that mean??? If you want your kids stepping in,
sitting in, or playing my cat's diarrhea, then that's your
prerogative. It's not an option for me, whether you're amazed or
not. I can live with urinating around the house, but sorry, I draw
the line on diarrhea.

> Cat pee and spots can be cleaned up but to suddenly use the "we'll
> dump the cat" bit certainly says that you wish to punish her.

You say punish. I say protect. When my kids are sick, I don't send
them to school. They stay home... confined. If you can't figure out
why, then I'm not even going to bother going further. You apparently
disagree, and that's OK, because I don't care what you think as far as
that goes.

> I'm not being overly sensative as you state. I've just seen too many cats
> end up at the rescues because people lightly work out the problem and then
> say they've spent enough to try and solve the issue. When they urinate
> outside the litterbox it is either behavioral or it's medical.

The LAST thing I want to do is give this cat away, or "dump" her. But
if it turns out that she can't be helped medically or behaviorally,
then I will make sure she gets a good home. If I wanted to dump her,
do you think I'd waste my time seeing this newsgroup out? Or even
worse, waste my time replying your severely accusatory posts???

> Here is one idea I think you should try, why not put the litterbox in your
> bedroon in an area near where she is peeing. Then slowly each week move it
> away from the area to a more secure location. You might also keep a toy or
> teaser attached to the litter box (mounted on the wall or something) so she
> associates it with something pleasent.

Here's what I did... I bought her a brand new box, and new litter. It
stayed in our bedroom for 3 days. She ****ed in it. She also ****ed
in her regular box. Then she crapped in the bed. Then she ****ed
under the covers where she usually lays. We got a 3rd type of litter
and put the box in the bathroom right near her. She's been ****ing in
it, but crapping elsewhere. This morning, it was on the toilet seat
cover (where she likes to sleep).

> You never mentioned how often you scoop the litterbox but if you don't do it
> at least 3 times a day then I can see why your cat might go elsewhere if the
> problem isn't a UTI.

We have a litter box for each of our 3 cats. They are ALWAYS clean.
And, honestly, I don't believe she has or ever had a UTI. I think my
last vet is just drawing at straws. I honestly believe the vet she's
seen the last two times might not be taking this as seriously as he
should be. Which is why I'm taking her to someone else tomorrow.

> BTW, does this cat or any of them for that matter cry
> or yowl when they use the litterbox and are scratching around in it? If so,
> then I'd say this is a urinary issue and it needs to be treated ASAP.

No she doesn't. I had a "blocked" male cat once. I am well aware of
what to watch out for as far as behavior *in* the litter box.

> BTW,
> if a cat has a UTI it doesn't mean they'll crap in the box while they
> urinate elsewhere. They may decide to go in other places to do that. If your
> cat in question has crystals in the urine (which you should bring in a
> sample into a vet) then you definately need to deal with the issue. One of
> my cats has had a UTI off and on and I can say it is very unpleasent but
> after getting him on anti-biotics and the right food he's been much better.

Well, the 2nd time I took her to the vet, he tested her urine and
said, "Her white blood cell count was slightly elevated," and that was
it. He gave her another round of antibiotics (same as the first time,
4 weeks ago).

Cat Protector
February 6th 07, 09:54 PM
Thanks. I'm not going to let this guy bother me. I have a whole day to
enjoy. Right now I'm cleaning up a cat tower for my cats to enjoy.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"Go Daddy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I hope you don't let them upset you, Im sure you're bigger than that.
>
> cheers! to being true to your heart and thoughts in this.

Cat Protector
February 6th 07, 10:02 PM
I thought you didn't like what I had to say and was going to killfile me?
What bugs me about people such as yourself is you don't really want to
listen. If you did you wouldn't say such stupid things like

"The LAST thing I want to do is give this cat away, or "dump" her. But if
it turns out that she can't be helped medically or behaviorally, then I will
make sure she gets a good home."

Most of the true cat people would not dump a cat into a shelter or on the
streets, etc simply because of the problem you are facing. They would work
through the problem no matter how long it took. I certainly would not dump
my cats on someone else if they had issues. Would you dump your human kids
into a shelter or into someone elses home if they had a problem such as
this? If the answer is no then why do it to the cat?

If your cat is ****ing in other places besides the litterbox it would be
wise to have her tested for a UTI rather than argue with those who are
trying to help you especially those who have gone through this with their
own cats. Get this cat to a vet immediately because if this cat does get a
UTI and gets blocked up as a result you will be paying thousands to fix the
issue.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> [...]
> what to watch out for as far as behavior *in* the litter box.
>
>> BTW,
>> if a cat has a UTI it doesn't mean they'll crap in the box while they
>> urinate elsewhere. They may decide to go in other places to do that. If
>> your
>> cat in question has crystals in the urine (which you should bring in a
>> sample into a vet) then you definately need to deal with the issue. One
>> of
>> my cats has had a UTI off and on and I can say it is very unpleasent but
>> after getting him on anti-biotics and the right food he's been much
>> better.
>
> Well, the 2nd time I took her to the vet, he tested her urine and
> said, "Her white blood cell count was slightly elevated," and that was
> it. He gave her another round of antibiotics (same as the first time,

Go Daddy
February 6th 07, 10:08 PM
Top posting is so much quicker from outlook

I read some of that thread (cleaning used cat tower)

I would have considered taking it to the local "spray and go" car
wash,
spend a couple bux and blast it clean.
Could also apply your favorite cleaner prior to going down there.

Afterwards use those big commercial vacs and suck it near dry.

Yes it's a beautiful day, enjoy! I am

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> Thanks. I'm not going to let this guy bother me. I have a whole day to
> enjoy. Right now I'm cleaning up a cat tower for my cats to enjoy.
>
> --
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!
> www.panthertekit.com
>
> "Go Daddy" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > I hope you don't let them upset you, Im sure you're bigger than that.
> >
> > cheers! to being true to your heart and thoughts in this.

February 6th 07, 11:24 PM
On Feb 6, 4:02 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> I thought you didn't like what I had to say and was going to killfile me?

I did. But after I wrote that post, I saw there was a whole section
which didn't come through my newsgroup reader, and you had some info
that was actually helpful. So I wanted to respond to you. I tried to
retract and replace, but I guess it didn't work.

> What bugs me about people such as yourself is you don't really want to
> listen. If you did you wouldn't say such stupid things like
>
> "The LAST thing I want to do is give this cat away, or "dump" her. But if
> it turns out that she can't be helped medically or behaviorally, then I will
> make sure she gets a good home."
>
> Most of the true cat people would not dump a cat into a shelter or on the
> streets, etc simply because of the problem you are facing.

True cat people??? WTF gives you the right to even assume that I am
NOT one? I would NEVER dump a cat on the streets, or a shelter! How
many times do I have to stress that?

>They would work
> through the problem no matter how long it took. I certainly would not dump
> my cats on someone else if they had issues. Would you dump your human kids
> into a shelter or into someone elses home if they had a problem such as
> this? If the answer is no then why do it to the cat?

Look... I have a cat who went through feline adenoma breast cancer
(she's a VERY rare 3-year survivor). If anyone knows about dealing
with cat issues, it's me. So chill... and do NOT make assumptions on
how much I care or don't care about my cats. And another thing... you
CAN NOT compare cats to children. And yes, if my child required care
outside of my (and my wife's) abilities, that child would be placed
somewhere where that care would be available.

> If your cat is ****ing in other places besides the litterbox it would be
> wise to have her tested for a UTI rather than argue with those who are
> trying to help you especially those who have gone through this with their
> own cats. Get this cat to a vet immediately because if this cat does get a
> UTI and gets blocked up as a result you will be paying thousands to fix the
> issue.

For the second time, she WAS tested. You should read everything
carefully ... not just what you want to read.

-Tom in Scranton, PA

February 6th 07, 11:29 PM
On Feb 6, 2:05 pm, "cindys" > wrote:
> I thought he already did that, and there was no UTI (am I not remembering
> correctly?) If he hasn't taken the cat to the vet, then obviously he needs
> to do that ASAP. In my situation, the cat did not have a UTI. She had just
> gotten elderly and was developing strange behaviors. The leaking at night
> (when she was in a deep sleep) was incontinence from a presumably weakening
> muscle. Our fix for the latter problem (the vet gave us some incontinence
> pills but I couldn't get the pills into the cat) was to take her to the
> litter box at bedtime and place her in (just like taking a child to the
> bathroom before bed). She would empty her bladder and then she wouldn't leak
> during the night.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Hi Cindy,

She was tested and the vet said that she had a "slightly elevated"
white blood cell count ... in her urine. He also called this
"leukocites". He admitted that he wasn't sure she had any significant
urinary infection.

-Tom in Scranton, PA

February 6th 07, 11:31 PM
On Feb 6, 3:54 pm, "Cat Protector" > wrote:
> Thanks. I'm not going to let this guy bother me. I have a whole day to
> enjoy. Right now I'm cleaning up a cat tower for my cats to enjoy.

Ditto :)

Go Daddy
February 7th 07, 12:46 AM
On Feb 6, 5:24 pm, wrote:

> I did. But after I wrote that post, I saw there was a whole section...<snip snip snip>

> -Tom in Scranton, PA

You are way in over your head.

These women have got them cats fetching the morning paper

cybercat
February 7th 07, 03:23 AM
"Go Daddy" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Top posting is so much quicker from outlook

Top posting gives you warts.

Go Daddy
February 7th 07, 03:40 AM
so does kissing frongs

you don't believe it quicker or something?

On Feb 6, 9:23 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Go Daddy" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > Top posting is so much quicker from outlook
>
> Top posting gives you warts.

cybercat
February 7th 07, 05:18 AM
"Go Daddy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> so does kissing frongs
>
> you don't believe it quicker or something?

Bigger warts. Google "the Birth of Nick Andrews/aka redjacwhatever"

Go Daddy
February 7th 07, 05:58 AM
On Feb 6, 11:18 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:

> Bigger warts. Google "the Birth of Nick Andrews/aka redjacwhatever"

He's so tired, I think he's an old man

cybercat
February 7th 07, 06:06 AM
"Go Daddy" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Feb 6, 11:18 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> Bigger warts. Google "the Birth of Nick Andrews/aka redjacwhatever"
>
> He's so tired, I think he's an old man

Being that fat makes you tired. Remember the pictures? Ugh. No wonder Nick
aka Chunky Demon is obsessed with you. (Note the "chunky" reference, it is
what old people called fat people.) I would be nervous if I were you. He
looks fruity, too.

Go Daddy
February 7th 07, 06:12 AM
On Feb 7, 12:06 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Go Daddy" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...> On Feb 6, 11:18 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> >> Bigger warts. Google "the Birth of Nick Andrews/aka redjacwhatever"
>
> > He's so tired, I think he's an old man
>
> Being that fat makes you tired. Remember the pictures? Ugh. No wonder Nick
> aka Chunky Demon is obsessed with you. (Note the "chunky" reference, it is
> what old people called fat people.) I would be nervous if I were you. He
> looks fruity, too.

oh great, that makes 4 F's

fat fingered f'n fruity freak

I bet his image and lifestyle would make a great Breakfast cereal
campaign.
Something with no fiber in it.. you know... something all these angry
children can vent on.