PDA

View Full Version : cold weather bonus

Lynne
February 6th 07, 02:20 AM
Right now I am sitting in bed with a dog snoring on my right, Levi cuddled
on my tummy, and Rudy laying across my legs. They love to share body heat.

Heaven!

--
Lynne

Pijewlchio
February 6th 07, 03:20 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in
> Right now I am sitting in bed with a dog snoring on my right, Levi cuddled
> on my tummy, and Rudy laying across my legs. They love to share body
heat.

> Heaven!

Wouldn't you rather have a hairy man?

cybercat
February 6th 07, 04:07 AM
"Pijewlchio" > wrote in message

> "Lynne" > wrote in
>> Right now I am sitting in bed with a dog snoring on my right, Levi
>> cuddled
>> on my tummy, and Rudy laying across my legs. They love to share body
> heat.
>>
>> Heaven!
>
> Wouldn't you rather have a hairy man?

hahaha!

I bet not!

Lynne
February 6th 07, 01:01 PM
on Tue, 06 Feb 2007 03:20:57 GMT, "Pijewlchio" >
wrote:

> Wouldn't you rather have a hairy man?

I have one of those, too!

--
Lynne

Lynne
February 6th 07, 01:03 PM
on Tue, 06 Feb 2007 04:07:32 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> I bet not!

I definitely prefer the 4 legged varieties most of the time. ;-)

--
Lynne

bookie
February 6th 07, 02:37 PM
On 6 Feb, 02:20, Lynne > wrote:
> Right now I am sitting in bed with a dog snoring on my right, Levi cuddled
> on my tummy, and Rudy laying across my legs. They love to share body heat.
>
> Heaven!
>
> --
> Lynne

who needs an electric blanket when you have those to keep you warm?
bless them

levi still doing ok? little furry rascal

sheelagh
February 6th 07, 02:53 PM
On 6 Feb, 14:37, "bookie" > wrote:
> On 6 Feb, 02:20, Lynne > wrote:
>
> > Right now I am sitting in bed with a dog snoring on my right, Levi cuddled
> > on my tummy, and Rudy laying across my legs. They love to share body heat.
>
> > Heaven!
>
> > --
> > Lynne
>
> who needs an electric blanket when you have those to keep you warm?
> bless them
>
> levi still doing ok? little furry rascal

Life sounds utter bliss there
s;o)

sheelagh
February 8th 07, 01:01 AM
On 6 Feb, 14:53, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> On 6 Feb, 14:37, "bookie" > wrote:
>
> > On 6 Feb, 02:20, Lynne > wrote:
>
> > > Right now I am sitting in bed with a dog snoring on my right, Levi cuddled
> > > on my tummy, and Rudy laying across my legs. They love to share body heat.
>
> > > Heaven!
>
> > > --
> > > Lynne
>
> > who needs an electric blanket when you have those to keep you warm?
> > bless them
>
> > Levi still doing OK? little furry rascal
>
> Life sounds utter bliss there
> s;o)

On the bright side Bookie, it looks like an all win situation over
here tomorrow, especially for you...

We have to listen to local radio to find out whether the school is
going to bother opening at all because of the Snow blizzards due
tonight.
You can sit at home grinning your head off thinking of me, thinking of
you, and green with envy too...

I get the kids all day, whilst you put your feet up doing a Lynne,
lol!!
Lucky old you;o)

I am just praying that the vet gets to work because my little Lilly
has been kept in as an in-patient tonight @ the vet surgery.

She is ever so poorly, I miss her & I could cry just thinking about
her there all alone...

She had a full panel of bloods done today & has a raised white count &
a temperature of 102
Her anal sacks are secreting yuck & we are looking at spaying
tomorrow.
She couldn't do it the other day because she was called out to an
emergency

Tomorrow is decision day
( If... she gets there, that worries me as well)

On a brighter note my kittens are doing well and so is mummy -she is
doing a brilliant job of it..
..
Lynne, is Levis still sucking that lip of "his", lol;o)
I hope that he back to normal now?
thinking of you both,
S;o)

Lynne
February 8th 07, 01:49 AM
on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 01:01:55 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> I am just praying that the vet gets to work because my little Lilly
> has been kept in as an in-patient tonight @ the vet surgery.
>
> She is ever so poorly, I miss her & I could cry just thinking about
> her there all alone...
>
> She had a full panel of bloods done today & has a raised white count &
> a temperature of 102
> Her anal sacks are secreting yuck & we are looking at spaying
> tomorrow.
> She couldn't do it the other day because she was called out to an
> emergency

What happened to Lilly? Is she sick?? You should spay her until she's
better, Sheelagh!!

> Tomorrow is decision day
> ( If... she gets there, that worries me as well)

Is someone getting there to look after Lilly and the other animals??

> On a brighter note my kittens are doing well and so is mummy -she is
> doing a brilliant job of it..

That's wonderful! Have you posted any new photos?

> Lynne, is Levis still sucking that lip of "his", lol;o)
> I hope that he back to normal now?
> thinking of you both,

Levi is the picture of perfect health, and he *still* loves his lip! I
had a brutally long day today and when I got home he was at the door to
greet me with the dog and Rudy. Now my dog is mad at me becaause I
grabbed Levi, took him in the bedroom, shut the door and snuggled up with
him for a nap (after his lip fix). I knew my dog would be hopping all
over the place since I was gone all day (but she wasn't alone). Levi's
such a snuggler that I find it hard to sleep without him when I travel.
I guess we're both spoiled.

In funny other stories, Rudy likes to sleep on my legs. Last night he
slept on my dog's legs, though. Roxy (the dog), who was under the down
comforter, was a little shocked when he first sprawled across them, but
they both just dozed off and slept that way all night long. Hehe.

Soon we're adding a puppy to this mix, so that will be interesting!

--
Lynne

Lynne
February 8th 07, 02:01 AM
on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 01:49:42 GMT, Lynne >
wrote:

> You should spay her until she's
> better, Sheelagh!!

er, you should NOT spay her until she's better, that is.

--
Lynne

sheelagh
February 8th 07, 12:49 PM
On 8 Feb, 01:49, Lynne > wrote:
> on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 01:01:55 GMT, "sheelagh"
>
> > wrote:
> > I am just praying that the vet gets to work because my little Lilly
> > has been kept in as an in-patient tonight @ the vet surgery.
> > She is ever so poorly, I miss her & I could cry just thinking about
> > her there all alone...
>
> > She had a full panel of bloods done today & has a raised white count &
> > a temperature of 102
> > Her anal sacks are secreting yuck & we are looking at spaying
> > tomorrow.
> > She couldn't do it the other day because she was called out to an
> > emergency
>
> What happened to Lilly? Is she sick?? You should spay her until she's
> better, Sheelagh!!

Lilly started coughing during the night previous, & the following
morning she started drooling too, so I called the vet & asked if I
could bring her up straight away so she could check her over.
After examining her, she told me that her anal sucks were filled with
mucus and blood.

Because she had no other patients that night, & everything (machinery,
tools ,heating) was turned off, there were no night staff -she told me
to take her home and starve her until the following morning.

I did this, then returned her so that the vet could observe her & I
signed a form agreeing to allow her to do any treatment that needed
doing.
(yesterday). Later in the afternoon, the vet called me to say that
she had observed her, done a blood panel, & told me her white count
was high as she anticipated it would be.The vet administered
antibiotics via injection &
again, she was called out to an emergency, so she told me that today
she would decide whether to spay her or not as the case might be.
She offered me two options: the first was an exploratory operation to
see whether the infection has reached the womb, or two: simply spay
her because it was the cheapest option.
Having digested the advice, I told her to do what she felt was best in
her professional opinion.

However, we have a problem today. The vet called me 1st thing to tell
me that the night staff told her that Lilly was eating and drinking, a
bit better, but she hasn't stopped drooling. The other problem is that
the vet can't even get to work today because the whole of the UK had
a major night fall of snow & she is snowed in!!;(
> > Tomorrow is decision day
> > ( If... she gets there, that worries me as well)
>
> Is someone getting there to look after Lilly and the other animals??
The practise nurse is there looking after her currently. But I am
still very concerned about the fact that she is still drooling &
nothing is being done about it today. My ultimate fear is that
something might happen in the meantime & we have been wasting precious
time.
(ie: Has she got something stuck in the throat, does she need more
medication today? Has she made a mistake? Is it cat flu? She was sooo
poorly yesterday :o(
> > On a brighter note my kittens are doing well and so is mummy -she is
> > doing a brilliant job of it..
>
> That's wonderful! Have you posted any new photos?
No, but I wi8ll in a short while;o)
> > Lynne, is Levis still sucking that lip of "his", lol;o)
> > I hope that he back to normal now?
> > thinking of you both,
>
> Levi is the picture of perfect health, and he *still* loves his lip! I
> had a brutally long day today and when I got home he was at the door to
> greet me with the dog and Rudy. Now my dog is mad at me because I
> grabbed Levi, took him in the bedroom, shut the door and snuggled up with
> him for a nap (after his lip fix). I knew my dog would be hopping all
> over the place since I was gone all day (but she wasn't alone). Levi's
> such a snuggler that I find it hard to sleep without him when I travel.
> I guess we're both spoiled.
>
> In funny other stories, Rudy likes to sleep on my legs. Last night he
> slept on my dog's legs, though. Roxy (the dog), who was under the down
> comforter, was a little shocked when he first sprawled across them, but
> they both just dozed off and slept that way all night long. Hehe.
>
> Soon we're adding a puppy to this mix, so that will be interesting!
>
> --
> Lynne
I can't help- but smile for you, Levis has such a special character ,
doesn't he? I think all in all you have a very special family there.
It pleases me to read snuggely stories so yours always seem to be good
ones:o)
Purrs and leg weaves from us all here
S;o)