PDA

View Full Version : Purrs for Lilly Please


sheelagh
February 8th 07, 02:35 PM
I was observing Lilly the day before yesterday & I happened to notice
late in the afternoon that she was coughing. I picked her up for
cuddles ans reassuance, and noticed that she was dribbling too, so I
called my vet & asked if could bring her straight down for her to look
her over & she agreed of course.

Once @ the vet's, she looked her over & her temperature was 102deg , &
her anal sacks were secreting nasty mucus with blood too. My vet
advised me to bring her home because she had no night cover, & to
starve her in case she need to open her up yesterday.
( Lilly had been due to be spayed on Monday morning, but the vet was
called out on an emergency,so they cancelled & we agreed to
reschedule.)
I starved her as advised, & returned her to be observed. During
observation she did a blood panel on Lilly which revealed that she did
indeed have a raised white blood level, so she administered
antibiotics via injection.

Again, the vet was called out on another emergency (we live in a very
rural area with plenty of farms & horses around, so this is quite
normal).Before leaving she called to tell me the results of the
bloods, saying that she wanted to see how Lilly responded to the
antibiotics overnight, then take the decision as to whether to do an
exploratory op on her to see if the infection had only reached the
vulva, or simply spay her. My reply was to tell her that she must do
what she thought was best for Lilly.
Overnight last night, we had a very substantial fall of snow & my vet
called me first thing this morning to tell me that nothing would be
happening today because she couldn't dig her way out of her home.
However, she had a fair night, is still coughing a bit but drooling
quite a lot still. Since then, I rang the practise nurse to ask her
how Lilly is faring today & she tells me that there she has been
eating, drinking, but a bit happier than yesterday...but in her
opinion she feels that it is both possible that Lilly might have a
touch of flu, & something lodged in her throat!
I can help but wonder how this can be because Lilly is injected
against flu. Can this happen?
I also can't help but wonder if this is a wasted day if there is a
problem with a blockage in her throat, but I can't do anything because
of this snowfall- Most people are snowed in in our area & I would
think it is probably the same in most other practises in the area too.
Any Purrs would be appreciated however, for Lilly who is feeling
rather poorly & in need of some soft ones to comfort her.
I am just waiting for staff changeover before going to visit her @ the
practice..(assuming that the nurse can reach it of course!!)
S.

bookie
February 8th 07, 04:35 PM
On 8 Feb, 13:35, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> I was observing Lilly the day before yesterday & I happened to notice
> late in the afternoon that she was coughing. I picked her up for
> cuddles ans reassuance, and noticed that she was dribbling too, so I
> called my vet & asked if could bring her straight down for her to look
> her over & she agreed of course.
>
> Once @ the vet's, she looked her over & her temperature was 102deg , &
> her anal sacks were secreting nasty mucus with blood too. My vet
> advised me to bring her home because she had no night cover, & to
> starve her in case she need to open her up yesterday.
> ( Lilly had been due to be spayed on Monday morning, but the vet was
> called out on an emergency,so they cancelled & we agreed to
> reschedule.)
> I starved her as advised, & returned her to be observed. During
> observation she did a blood panel on Lilly which revealed that she did
> indeed have a raised white blood level, so she administered
> antibiotics via injection.
>
> Again, the vet was called out on another emergency (we live in a very
> rural area with plenty of farms & horses around, so this is quite
> normal).Before leaving she called to tell me the results of the
> bloods, saying that she wanted to see how Lilly responded to the
> antibiotics overnight, then take the decision as to whether to do an
> exploratory op on her to see if the infection had only reached the
> vulva, or simply spay her. My reply was to tell her that she must do
> what she thought was best for Lilly.
> Overnight last night, we had a very substantial fall of snow & my vet
> called me first thing this morning to tell me that nothing would be
> happening today because she couldn't dig her way out of her home.
> However, she had a fair night, is still coughing a bit but drooling
> quite a lot still. Since then, I rang the practise nurse to ask her
> how Lilly is faring today & she tells me that there she has been
> eating, drinking, but a bit happier than yesterday...but in her
> opinion she feels that it is both possible that Lilly might have a
> touch of flu, & something lodged in her throat!
> I can help but wonder how this can be because Lilly is injected
> against flu. Can this happen?
> I also can't help but wonder if this is a wasted day if there is a
> problem with a blockage in her throat, but I can't do anything because
> of this snowfall- Most people are snowed in in our area & I would
> think it is probably the same in most other practises in the area too.
> Any Purrs would be appreciated however, for Lilly who is feeling
> rather poorly & in need of some soft ones to comfort her.
> I am just waiting for staff changeover before going to visit her @ the
> practice..(assuming that the nurse can reach it of course!!)
> S.

oh dear, sounds awful , I bet you are very worried, any chance you can
bring her something from home to comfort her and which will have
familiar smells on it? providing of course that it will not bring
infection with it.

poor sausage
purrs from jessie and me, bookie

Go Daddy
February 8th 07, 05:19 PM
On Feb 8, 8:35 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> Any Purrs would be appreciated however, for Lilly who is feeling
> rather poorly & in need of some soft ones to comfort her.
> I am just waiting for staff changeover before going to visit her @ the
> practice..(assuming that the nurse can reach it of course!!)
> S.

You got mine, you're such a good mom.

Barry

cindys
February 8th 07, 06:05 PM
Sheelagh, I am so sorry to hear this. I can't believe how emotionally
involved I get over cats I know only from the internet, but for some reason
I do. Please keep on updating us. Purrs for Lilly of course.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.


"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I was observing Lilly the day before yesterday & I happened to notice
> late in the afternoon that she was coughing. I picked her up for
> cuddles ans reassuance, and noticed that she was dribbling too, so I
> called my vet & asked if could bring her straight down for her to look
> her over & she agreed of course.
>
> Once @ the vet's, she looked her over & her temperature was 102deg , &
> her anal sacks were secreting nasty mucus with blood too. My vet
> advised me to bring her home because she had no night cover, & to
> starve her in case she need to open her up yesterday.
> ( Lilly had been due to be spayed on Monday morning, but the vet was
> called out on an emergency,so they cancelled & we agreed to
> reschedule.)
> I starved her as advised, & returned her to be observed. During
> observation she did a blood panel on Lilly which revealed that she did
> indeed have a raised white blood level, so she administered
> antibiotics via injection.
>
> Again, the vet was called out on another emergency (we live in a very
> rural area with plenty of farms & horses around, so this is quite
> normal).Before leaving she called to tell me the results of the
> bloods, saying that she wanted to see how Lilly responded to the
> antibiotics overnight, then take the decision as to whether to do an
> exploratory op on her to see if the infection had only reached the
> vulva, or simply spay her. My reply was to tell her that she must do
> what she thought was best for Lilly.
> Overnight last night, we had a very substantial fall of snow & my vet
> called me first thing this morning to tell me that nothing would be
> happening today because she couldn't dig her way out of her home.
> However, she had a fair night, is still coughing a bit but drooling
> quite a lot still. Since then, I rang the practise nurse to ask her
> how Lilly is faring today & she tells me that there she has been
> eating, drinking, but a bit happier than yesterday...but in her
> opinion she feels that it is both possible that Lilly might have a
> touch of flu, & something lodged in her throat!
> I can help but wonder how this can be because Lilly is injected
> against flu. Can this happen?
> I also can't help but wonder if this is a wasted day if there is a
> problem with a blockage in her throat, but I can't do anything because
> of this snowfall- Most people are snowed in in our area & I would
> think it is probably the same in most other practises in the area too.
> Any Purrs would be appreciated however, for Lilly who is feeling
> rather poorly & in need of some soft ones to comfort her.
> I am just waiting for staff changeover before going to visit her @ the
> practice..(assuming that the nurse can reach it of course!!)
> S.
>

Matthew
February 8th 07, 06:13 PM
Gladly purrs on the way


"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I was observing Lilly the day before yesterday & I happened to notice
> late in the afternoon that she was coughing. I picked her up for
> cuddles ans reassuance, and noticed that she was dribbling too, so I
> called my vet & asked if could bring her straight down for her to look
> her over & she agreed of course.
>
> Once @ the vet's, she looked her over & her temperature was 102deg , &
> her anal sacks were secreting nasty mucus with blood too. My vet
> advised me to bring her home because she had no night cover, & to
> starve her in case she need to open her up yesterday.
> ( Lilly had been due to be spayed on Monday morning, but the vet was
> called out on an emergency,so they cancelled & we agreed to
> reschedule.)
> I starved her as advised, & returned her to be observed. During
> observation she did a blood panel on Lilly which revealed that she did
> indeed have a raised white blood level, so she administered
> antibiotics via injection.
>
> Again, the vet was called out on another emergency (we live in a very
> rural area with plenty of farms & horses around, so this is quite
> normal).Before leaving she called to tell me the results of the
> bloods, saying that she wanted to see how Lilly responded to the
> antibiotics overnight, then take the decision as to whether to do an
> exploratory op on her to see if the infection had only reached the
> vulva, or simply spay her. My reply was to tell her that she must do
> what she thought was best for Lilly.
> Overnight last night, we had a very substantial fall of snow & my vet
> called me first thing this morning to tell me that nothing would be
> happening today because she couldn't dig her way out of her home.
> However, she had a fair night, is still coughing a bit but drooling
> quite a lot still. Since then, I rang the practise nurse to ask her
> how Lilly is faring today & she tells me that there she has been
> eating, drinking, but a bit happier than yesterday...but in her
> opinion she feels that it is both possible that Lilly might have a
> touch of flu, & something lodged in her throat!
> I can help but wonder how this can be because Lilly is injected
> against flu. Can this happen?
> I also can't help but wonder if this is a wasted day if there is a
> problem with a blockage in her throat, but I can't do anything because
> of this snowfall- Most people are snowed in in our area & I would
> think it is probably the same in most other practises in the area too.
> Any Purrs would be appreciated however, for Lilly who is feeling
> rather poorly & in need of some soft ones to comfort her.
> I am just waiting for staff changeover before going to visit her @ the
> practice..(assuming that the nurse can reach it of course!!)
> S.
>

sheelagh
February 8th 07, 09:25 PM
> oh dear, sounds awful , I bet you are very worried, any chance you can
> bring her something from home to comfort her and which will have
> familiar smells on it? providing of course that it will not bring
> infection with it.
I thought a bout that, so called the surgery & the practise nurse told
me that I could come anytime after 2pm...

I tried to visit her this afternoon & took "her" blanky with me,
cleanly laundered in her favourite fabric condition & well rubbed with
Biffy's glands next to his whiskers & next to his ears...But when I
got there after walking up there(no chance of driving because of the
snow)
, it was only to find that the next nurse on shift hadn't turned up
either:o(!!

I was ever so upset, but what could I do?
All I have as an update was my last call to the practise nurse @
lunchtime.

She told me that Lilly was slightly perkier today, still not right &
drooling terribly.. & still coughing. However, they had fed her & she
had open access to water as well which is better than yesterday...

I did ask if she had any idea whether it might be flu & asked her to
check that all of her shots were up to date, & she confirmed that they
were, so I have no idea what to think...?
Does anyone know if there are any new mutations, or even whether it is
possible at all?

I forgot to ask whether her her anal glands were any better, & now I
an mad with myself because there is no one to ask....I intended to ask
when I got there, but as I say, there was no one there to ask.
I have to admit to feeling rather cross that not only did they tell me
that it was fine to pop in this afternoon, but I am also worried that
we could be wasting potentially precious time that could have been
better spent doing an x-ray to see if she has something lodged in her
throat...I also feel guilty saying this about a vet who has treated me
more than well in the past too.

if I am really honest with myself, it is not the vet I am angry with-
it is the nurse who told me I could visit, then didn't come back after
lunch.
I cant help worrying if she is OK there all on her own.
When it comes to our cats, I get over emotional, especially when it's
Lilly because she is the babe of the feline family...

> poor sausage
She is, she looked terrible yesterday;(
> purrs from Jessie and me, bookie- Hide quoted text -
Thank you for all of the comforting purrs, I appreciate them, & she
needs them.
It is really wonderful to know that there are people out there who
are concerned about her even if they don't know her personally
Many thanks again & more news later after I talk to the vet @ 9pm gmt,
Purrs and leg weaves from Lilly and her slaves
S;o)

Lynne
February 8th 07, 11:17 PM
on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 20:25:46 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> It is really wonderful to know that there are people out there who
> are concerned about her even if they don't know her personally
> Many thanks again & more news later after I talk to the vet @ 9pm gmt,
> Purrs and leg weaves from Lilly and her slaves

Oh yes of course we are concerned! Please let us know when you hear
something. I'm so sorry Lilly is sick, especially when I know you wanted
to be immersing yourself in the kittens.

You're a wonderful cat slave, Sheelagh. They are all so lucky to have you.

--
Lynne

bookie
February 9th 07, 12:14 AM
On 8 Feb, 20:25, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> > oh dear, sounds awful , I bet you are very worried, any chance you can
> > bring her something from home to comfort her and which will have
> > familiar smells on it? providing of course that it will not bring
> > infection with it.
>
> I thought a bout that, so called the surgery & the practise nurse told
> me that I could come anytime after 2pm...
>
> I tried to visit her this afternoon & took "her" blanky with me,
> cleanly laundered in her favourite fabric condition & well rubbed with
> Biffy's glands next to his whiskers & next to his ears...But when I
> got there after walking up there(no chance of driving because of the
> snow)
> , it was only to find that the next nurse on shift hadn't turned up
> either:o(!!
>
> I was ever so upset, but what could I do?
> All I have as an update was my last call to the practise nurse @
> lunchtime.
>
> She told me that Lilly was slightly perkier today, still not right &
> drooling terribly.. & still coughing. However, they had fed her & she
> had open access to water as well which is better than yesterday...
>
> I did ask if she had any idea whether it might be flu & asked her to
> check that all of her shots were up to date, & she confirmed that they
> were, so I have no idea what to think...?
> Does anyone know if there are any new mutations, or even whether it is
> possible at all?
>
> I forgot to ask whether her her anal glands were any better, & now I
> an mad with myself because there is no one to ask....I intended to ask
> when I got there, but as I say, there was no one there to ask.
> I have to admit to feeling rather cross that not only did they tell me
> that it was fine to pop in this afternoon, but I am also worried that
> we could be wasting potentially precious time that could have been
> better spent doing an x-ray to see if she has something lodged in her
> throat...I also feel guilty saying this about a vet who has treated me
> more than well in the past too.
>
> if I am really honest with myself, it is not the vet I am angry with-
> it is the nurse who told me I could visit, then didn't come back after
> lunch.
> I cant help worrying if she is OK there all on her own.
> When it comes to our cats, I get over emotional, especially when it's
> Lilly because she is the babe of the feline family...
>
> > poor sausage
>
> She is, she looked terrible yesterday;(> purrs from Jessie and me, bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> Thank you for all of the comforting purrs, I appreciate them, & she
> needs them.
> It is really wonderful to know that there are people out there who
> are concerned about her even if they don't know her personally
> Many thanks again & more news later after I talk to the vet @ 9pm gmt,
> Purrs and leg weaves from Lilly and her slaves
> S;o)

i am concerned that there seems to be noone there with lilly, why is
there no vet nurse with her all theitme? is she at a surgery? there
should be a vet nurse there constantly monitoring her, why is noone
there? is there any more news?

when my jasper had to go in for 3 days to have his tubes unblocked
(urethra or whatever it is, he couldn't pee basically as they were
blockedup, the morning after his first night in when he coudl receive
visits I took his him favourite light blue fleecey blanket which he
always insisted on laying on when he slept on the end of my bed. just
a cheap thing from Ikea but it was his and had his and my smells onit
and reminded him of home.

I took it to him as I thought that if he had somethig to remind him
of home and me and suchlike he would be less stressed about being at
the vets overnight and therefore it might aid his recovery. The nurses
didn't mind and it was clean, and when he saw me and it he was purring
for England! I put it inthe corner of his enclosure all folded up and
soft and he curled up on it right away, purring of course, I found him
in much the same situation the next day when I came to take him home.
I think that if you can do anything to reduce the stress of a stay at
the vets for an animal, such as bring some familiar things from home
if that is permitted, then you should as it can only aid recovery as
it calms the cat somewhat.

please give us some news on lilly, i am worried that you say she is
left alone at the surgery now.
bookie

mlbriggs
February 9th 07, 01:55 AM
On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 05:35:27 -0800, sheelagh wrote:

> I was observing Lilly the day before yesterday & I happened to notice
> late in the afternoon that she was coughing. I picked her up for
> cuddles ans reassuance, and noticed that she was dribbling too, so I
> called my vet & asked if could bring her straight down for her to look
> her over & she agreed of course.
>
> Once @ the vet's, she looked her over & her temperature was 102deg , &
> her anal sacks were secreting nasty mucus with blood too. My vet
> advised me to bring her home because she had no night cover, & to
> starve her in case she need to open her up yesterday.
> ( Lilly had been due to be spayed on Monday morning, but the vet was
> called out on an emergency,so they cancelled & we agreed to
> reschedule.)
> I starved her as advised, & returned her to be observed. During
> observation she did a blood panel on Lilly which revealed that she did
> indeed have a raised white blood level, so she administered
> antibiotics via injection.
>
> Again, the vet was called out on another emergency (we live in a very
> rural area with plenty of farms & horses around, so this is quite
> normal).Before leaving she called to tell me the results of the
> bloods, saying that she wanted to see how Lilly responded to the
> antibiotics overnight, then take the decision as to whether to do an
> exploratory op on her to see if the infection had only reached the
> vulva, or simply spay her. My reply was to tell her that she must do
> what she thought was best for Lilly.
> Overnight last night, we had a very substantial fall of snow & my vet
> called me first thing this morning to tell me that nothing would be
> happening today because she couldn't dig her way out of her home.
> However, she had a fair night, is still coughing a bit but drooling
> quite a lot still. Since then, I rang the practise nurse to ask her
> how Lilly is faring today & she tells me that there she has been
> eating, drinking, but a bit happier than yesterday...but in her
> opinion she feels that it is both possible that Lilly might have a
> touch of flu, & something lodged in her throat!
> I can help but wonder how this can be because Lilly is injected
> against flu. Can this happen?
> I also can't help but wonder if this is a wasted day if there is a
> problem with a blockage in her throat, but I can't do anything because
> of this snowfall- Most people are snowed in in our area & I would
> think it is probably the same in most other practises in the area too.
> Any Purrs would be appreciated however, for Lilly who is feeling
> rather poorly & in need of some soft ones to comfort her.
> I am just waiting for staff changeover before going to visit her @ the
> practice..(assuming that the nurse can reach it of course!!)
> S.


Purring for Lily's wellbeing. Purring also that she recovers swiftly.
TuTu & MLB

Lump
February 9th 07, 04:04 AM
I'm sorry that Lilly is sick, and how upsetting this must be for you.

I will be purring for Lilly and wishing the best for you both.

cindys
February 9th 07, 05:45 AM
"Lump" > wrote in message
s.com...
> I'm sorry that Lilly is sick, and how upsetting this must be for you.
>
> I will be purring for Lilly and wishing the best for you both.
---------------
How are you doing, Lump?
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

sheelagh
February 9th 07, 12:38 PM
>
> please give us some news on Lilly, i am worried that you say she is
> left alone at the surgery now.
> bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
There was no one at the surgery last night,& I know this because I
nearly broke the door down in attempt to try & reach Lilly.

I was more angry than words could possibly express having been told
that there would be care dying the night for her. In fact, Paul was so
Bull minded about it, that he sat outside the surgery all night to see
if anyone came or left it, so we can only conclude that we were fed a
pack of lies. If anyone knows anything about the law regarding vets
and the care of animals in their keeping, I would be more than
grateful to hear from you please?

Anger is still bubbling away now, but the welfare of the cat is
paramount here ...

Latest news @11am gmt
Vet has just called to confirm diagnosis of pyometra, which she told
me Lilly had 3days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I honestly can't believe that my cat has been in her care for 3 days,
& she is only taking action now...??????
An xray has been performed & no blockage can be found in the throat or
mouth to explain why Lilly is still drooling constantly.
I am beginning to wonder if I ought to Ping Phil about this one?
She has decided that she is going to do a ovariohistorectomy (@ long
last!!, or in other words, spay her)
My ultimate fear is that by not treating her in the last 48 hours
since her last injection of antibiotics, that she might go into renal
failure and die anyway:(
I can only pray that she has reached her in time.

I have asked if I can come down to see her today, & she has asked me
to call first, but that I may be able to visit her later.
I have to admit to being utterly shocked when she offered me the
chance to try & treat her with antibiotics because she was a breeding
queen-
I can only assume that is because I had intended to mate Lilly with
her blue point Birmi in the spring, but I have no intention of doing
that to poor Lilly....
Lets all purr & pray that Lilly ~Pads has what it takes to come
through this one, because she is my baby (In as far as she is my
youngest cat & I love her dearly).
Lilly is a fighter, with a heart full of love, a temperament full of
naughty Pants, & the affection to cure the sick, truely
Life without her wouldn't bare thinking about.
Fill you in with more news later & hopefully I get the chance to see
her too
S.

cindys
February 9th 07, 02:11 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...

I responded to your other post before I read this one:

> I have asked if I can come down to see her today, & she has asked me
> to call first, but that I may be able to visit her later.

EXCUSE ME?????? You MAY be able to visit later but you have to CALL
FIRST???? If Lilly were in any kind of condition to be sprung from that
place, I would say gotta do it NOW and take her elsewhere. But it sounds
like she is too sick. I had never heard of pyometra before I read about it
just now on some websites. I don't think you have a choice but to tell the
vet to do the surgery and do it NOW (what needed to have been done three
days ago).


> I have to admit to being utterly shocked when she offered me the
> chance to try & treat her with antibiotics because she was a breeding
> queen-

I agree this is shocking, particularly because every website I looked at
said the condition would recur the next time she went into heat, but her
condition sounds much too critical for the vet to even have considered that
as a possibility. I'm sure you will be finding a new doctor after this
crisis is all over.
Purrs to you and Lilly.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

> I can only assume that is because I had intended to mate Lilly with
> her blue point Birmi in the spring, but I have no intention of doing
> that to poor Lilly....
> Lets all purr & pray that Lilly ~Pads has what it takes to come
> through this one, because she is my baby (In as far as she is my
> youngest cat & I love her dearly).
> Lilly is a fighter, with a heart full of love, a temperament full of
> naughty Pants, & the affection to cure the sick, truely
> Life without her wouldn't bare thinking about.
> Fill you in with more news later & hopefully I get the chance to see
> her too
> S.
>
>

sheelagh
February 9th 07, 03:53 PM
On 9 Feb, 04:45, "cindys" > wrote:
> "Lump" > wrote in message
>
> s.com...> I'm sorry that Lilly is sick, and how upsetting this must be for you.
>
> > I will be purring for Lilly and wishing the best for you both.
>
> ---------------
> How are you doing, Lump?
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.
Thank you Lump, I am more than grateful to you for your support.
I was also wondering how you and kitty have been doing recently.
It would be great to hear from you sometime when you can.
Best Wishes,
Sheelagh x

sheelagh
February 9th 07, 04:11 PM
>
> Oh yes of course we are concerned! Please let us know when you hear
> something. I'm so sorry Lilly is sick, especially when I know you wanted
> to be immersing yourself in the kittens.
>
> You're a wonderful cat slave, Sheelagh. They are all so lucky to have you.
>
> --
> Lynne

Thanks Lynne, your very kind..kitties are doing well and becoming very
plumtious now. They are all finding their way towards mummy's teats,
even the tiny one is managing to scratch his way in there now.
I had a look to see what we have this morning & it appears to be
3little girls and 1 seal boy too.

( I will try & add a link for you to see them.Not very good at these
things lol)

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/BelleHerKittens
There are a couple of Lilly Pads in this one too
Best Wishes,
Sheelagh x

cindys
February 9th 07, 04:14 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 9 Feb, 04:45, "cindys" > wrote:
>> "Lump" > wrote in message
>>
>> s.com...> I'm sorry
>> that Lilly is sick, and how upsetting this must be for you.
>>
>> > I will be purring for Lilly and wishing the best for you both.
>>
>> ---------------
>> How are you doing, Lump?
>> Best regards,
>> ---Cindy S.
> Thank you Lump, I am more than grateful to you for your support.
> I was also wondering how you and kitty have been doing recently.
> It would be great to hear from you sometime when you can.
> Best Wishes,
> Sheelagh x
----------
?? Sheelagh, you must have missed Lump's last posts...Madeleine didn't make
it. :-(
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

sheelagh
February 9th 07, 04:24 PM
Thankyou Tu Tu & MLB, & also Matthew too for continued purrs.
We are currenlt waiting for Lilly to come out of surgery presently.
We have established that it was an infection of the womb & she is
being spayed as I type.
My biggest regret is that I didn't insist on it being done sooner!
We were booked in to have it done last monday, but the vet was
csallled out on an emergency, so we decided to reschedule, but never
got there:o(
1 of those things!
Link in message next to Lynne I think of our Lilly~Pads if you would
like to see her.
With Gratitude for soothing Purrs,
Sheelagh family & feline crew too x x

Lynne
February 9th 07, 04:40 PM
on Fri, 09 Feb 2007 03:04:36 GMT, "Lump" > wrote:

> I'm sorry that Lilly is sick, and how upsetting this must be for you.
>
> I will be purring for Lilly and wishing the best for you both.

This is such a sweet and thoughtful post in light of your recent loss. I
hope you are doing okay, Lump. As okay as possible, of course.

--
Lynne

Lynne
February 9th 07, 04:42 PM
on Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:11:26 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/BelleHerKittens
> There are a couple of Lilly Pads in this one too

So precious. Lilly is so beautiful, too. I hope she will be home and
feeling better very soon.

--
Lynne

sheelagh
February 9th 07, 04:55 PM
On 9 Feb, 15:14, "cindys" > wrote:
> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
>
>
> > On 9 Feb, 04:45, "cindys" > wrote:
> >> "Lump" > wrote in message
>
> s.com...> I'm sorry
> >> that Lilly is sick, and how upsetting this must be for you.
>
> >> > I will be purring for Lilly and wishing the best for you both.
>
> >> ---------------
> >> How are you doing, Lump?
> >> Best regards,
> >> ---Cindy S.
> > Thank you Lump, I am more than grateful to you for your support.
> > I was also wondering how you and kitty have been doing recently.
> > It would be great to hear from you sometime when you can.
> > Best Wishes,
> > Sheelagh x
>
> ----------
> ?? Sheelagh, you must have missed Lump's last posts...Madeleine didn't make
> it. :-(
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

OMG... I am so sorry, I did miwss that post. I rgret making this post
now..
Please don't think I was trying to be insensitive?
It was totally in ignorance.
If Madeleine has passed over the Rainbow bridge, @ least you can rest
assured that she is no longer in agony & has her dignity back agsin.
I doubt that is much much comfort right now, but I hope that it will
be in weeks and months to come:o(
Please stay with our group, as you are such a nice person.
I am sure that when the time is right, that a kittie will reach out
and choose you, because they do you know!
Best Wishes & with Regret too,
Sheelagh

Lump
February 10th 07, 11:28 PM
On Feb 9, 7:55 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> On 9 Feb, 15:14, "cindys" > wrote:
>
>
>
> > "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > > On 9 Feb, 04:45, "cindys" > wrote:
> > >> "Lump" > wrote in message
>
> > s.com...> I'm sorry
> > >> that Lilly is sick, and how upsetting this must be for you.
>
> > >> > I will be purring for Lilly and wishing the best for you both.
>
> > >> ---------------
> > >> How are you doing, Lump?
> > >> Best regards,
> > >> ---Cindy S.
> > > Thank you Lump, I am more than grateful to you for your support.
> > > I was also wondering how you and kitty have been doing recently.
> > > It would be great to hear from you sometime when you can.
> > > Best Wishes,
> > > Sheelagh x
>
> > ----------
> > ?? Sheelagh, you must have missed Lump's last posts...Madeleine didn't make
> > it. :-(
> > Best regards,
> > ---Cindy S.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> OMG... I am so sorry, I did miwss that post. I rgret making this post
> now..
> Please don't think I was trying to be insensitive?
> It was totally in ignorance.

No worries, i understand. I can be so absent-minded, it's
ridiculous. I know it's hard to keep up on everything.

> If Madeleine has passed over the Rainbow bridge, @ least you can rest
> assured that she is no longer in agony & has her dignity back agsin.
> I doubt that is much much comfort right now, but I hope that it will
> be in weeks and months to come:o(
> Please stay with our group, as you are such a nice person.
> I am sure that when the time is right, that a kittie will reach out
> and choose you, because they do you know!

Yes, i konw what you mean. But i still have Madeleine's sister,
Grendel, who is very healthy; and my mother has Madsie's other sister,
who became my mom's other daughter about six years ago.

I loved them equally but it doesn't make it easier to have lost
Madsie. But i guess i could write about that in another thread, some
time.

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

And again, i am very happy that Lilly is with you, safe at home.

sheelagh
February 11th 07, 12:20 AM
On 10 Feb, 22:28, "Lump" > wrote:
> On Feb 9, 7:55 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On 9 Feb, 15:14, "cindys" > wrote:
>
> > > "sheelagh" > wrote in message
>
> > oups.com...
>
> > > > On 9 Feb, 04:45, "cindys" > wrote:
> > > >> "Lump" > wrote in message
>
> > > s.com...> I'm sorry
> > > >> that Lilly is sick, and how upsetting this must be for you.
>
> > > >> > I will be purring for Lilly and wishing the best for you both.
>
> > > >> ---------------
> > > >> How are you doing, Lump?
> > > >> Best regards,
> > > >> ---Cindy S.
> > > > Thank you Lump, I am more than grateful to you for your support.
> > > > I was also wondering how you and kitty have been doing recently.
> > > > It would be great to hear from you sometime when you can.
> > > > Best Wishes,
> > > > Sheelagh x
>
> > > ----------
> > > ?? Sheelagh, you must have missed Lump's last posts...Madeleine didn't make
> > > it. :-(
> > > Best regards,
> > > ---Cindy S.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > - Show quoted text -
>
> > OMG... I am so sorry, I did miss that post. I regret making this post
> > now..
> > Please don't think I was trying to be insensitive?
> > It was totally in ignorance.
>
> No worries, i understand. I can be so absent-minded, it's
> ridiculous. I know it's hard to keep up on everything.
>
> > If Madeleine has passed over the Rainbow bridge, @ least you can rest
> > assured that she is no longer in agony & has her dignity back again.
> > I doubt that is much much comfort right now, but I hope that it will
> > be in weeks and months to come:o(
> > Please stay with our group, as you are such a nice person.
> > I am sure that when the time is right, that a Kittie will reach out
> > and choose you, because they do you know!
>
> Yes, i know what you mean. But i still have Madeleine's sister,
> Grendel, who is very healthy; and my mother has Madsie's other sister,
> who became my mom's other daughter about six years ago.
>
> I loved them equally but it doesn't make it easier to have lost
> Madsie. But i guess i could write about that in another thread, some
> time.
>
> Thank you for your kind thoughts.
>
> And again, i am very happy that Lilly is with you, safe at home.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Oh Goodness gracious L, I missed the post altogether I think. I feel
terrible for not going back to look out your post because I do quite
often just to see if you are around. You are one of the groups kindest
& most gracious posters & if you were to leave us now , I for one & I
am certain many others would miss your company very much indeed. So,
please, please don't, will you? And please forgive my ignorance?

You have made some wonderful posts that are interesting informative &
I loved hearing about madi & life in general.
You don't have to have a cat to come here...simply a cat lover. In
fact it would be great to hear about all of the other cats in your
extended feline family too, as long as you have the time to of course
& don't mind sharing them either? It is your presence that is
important to us, & selfishly I don't want to miss you...

Cats are very regal creatures & are highly selective when it comes to
picking their slaves, & by the sound of your Madeleine, she loved you
dearly & gave as much as she took from you... I know for certain that
when she crossed the Rainbow Bridge it would have been tinged with
Regret @ having to leave you, yet as she purred you farewell, she
would never have wanted you to mourn her forever- she knows that she
carries a space in her heart that will never be filled by any other,
be they human or feline either; that space of love and friendship was
hers alone, & ever will be..!!

Your right, another thread would be fantastic, so I will be watching
out for Grendle's story in the near future...I had to laugh when you
said that she was your mother's other daughter, because that is what
my daughter, Katie call's Lilly; my other daughter,lol!! I suppose in
a way she is, but I would describe her as my feline baby...
Thank you for the regards concerning Lilly. It is wonderful to have
her home, but I have to admit to being slightly frightened of anything
going wrong so close to post op. It is a question of having to get on
with it really. I think that here in England, our veterinary surgery's
are slightly different to what you are used to in the USA. Also,
coming from a very small village in a very rural area, my vet is far
more familiar with cattle, sheep & horses than cats & I should have
realised this when I took Lilly to her. I am just glad that the whole
fiasco is over now & we can have proper cuddles again...

My partner Paul calls her lots of things, but none of them would
qualify in my dictionary other than slobber chops presently. She can't
help it though. We are hoping that it is a side effect to the
medication or perhaps a touch of the flu...

I *know* that in time a Kittie or even an older cat, will " CHOOSE
YOU" ...

I used to think that I chose my own cats, but then one day when Ringo
knocked @ our front door,(seriously * honestly, he did you know!!
">"o"<)
that was when the penny dropped ... he wanted to eat from our bowls &
he wanted to share our lives ,& he wanted to sit in MY Chair,lol....
In return we get head rubs and buts, as well as Megatronic Purring...
What more could we possibly ask for from such a handsome ginger fellow
with orange tabby rings around his tail I ask you;o)

Look forward to hearing from you soon,
Regards,
S;o)