PDA

View Full Version : Up Date on Lilly


sheelagh
February 9th 07, 11:23 AM
Hi everyone, & thank you so much for the purrs, I think that they are
about the only thing keeping her alive presently.
after phoning the surgery & walking up there to find no one in the
surgery at all, I looked in the phone book for an emergency number but
there wasn't one of course!
I was told on the prior call to the surgery that there would be
someone caring for her, but when I went back yet again, there was no
one there at all!!!!

I wasn't able to reach either the vet, or Lilly either. Had I been
able to, I would have collected her & taken her to another veterinary
surgery where they would have have helped her. Instead I spent the
night awake wondering what I could do to help Lilly. I had to wait
until 8.30 gmt to talk to the nurse who told me that she was OK, &
that If I were to call back in 1/2 an hour, then I would be able to
talk to the vet herself to see what the prognosis was.

Quite late last night I received a couple of emails form a few people
in the cat newsgroups to say that If Lilly had pyometra, that she
needed urgent medical attention..so as you can imagine, I have been
climbing the walls because that is exactly what she diagnosed...

I have spoken to the vet this morning & she tells me that Lilly is not
eating at all now, that she is still drooling terribly & that she is
not optimistic about the outcome at all. There is still anal secretion
from the anal sacks, & she intends to do an x-ray right now. I asked
her to perform the spay as soon as it is possible to do so for her,
but her reply Quote: " Is only if I have to".

As I am sure you can appreciate, we are all worried sick about her,
very angry & frustrated because she lost two whole days when Lilly
could have been treated, but she left her there to rot as far as we
are concerned.
With no night care there, & no one to treat her, she would have been
better off here where she could be loved & action could have been
taken if we felt that she was degenerating.
Now we need to know our rights, but also have no idea where to look
for them or find out what we can or can not do. I guess we need to
know our rights? If anyone can let us know, we will act on it, now!

I have been told to phone up @ 2pm to see how she is.
We are all very frightened right now.
Thank you for the purrs once again &more news as we have it.
S.

sheelagh
February 9th 07, 12:42 PM
> please give us some news on Lilly, i am worried that you say she is
> left alone at the surgery now.
> bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
There was no one at the surgery last night,& I know this because I
nearly broke the door down in attempt to try & reach Lilly.

I was more angry than words could possibly express having been told
that there would be care dying the night for her. In fact, Paul was so
Bull minded about it, that he sat outside the surgery all night to see
if anyone came or left it, so we can only conclude that we were fed a
pack of lies. If anyone knows anything about the law regarding vets
and the care of animals in their keeping, I would be more than
grateful to hear from you please?

Anger is still bubbling away now, but the welfare of the cat is
paramount here ...

Latest news @11am gmt
Vet has just called to confirm diagnosis of pyometra, which she told
me Lilly had 3days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I honestly can't believe that my cat has been in her care for 3 days,
& she is only taking action now...??????
An xray has been performed & no blockage can be found in the throat or
mouth to explain why Lilly is still drooling constantly.
I am beginning to wonder if I ought to Ping Phil about this one?
She has decided that she is going to do a ovariohistorectomy (@ long
last!!, or in other words, spay her)
My ultimate fear is that by not treating her in the last 48 hours
since her last injection of antibiotics, that she might go into renal
failure and die anyway:(
I can only pray that she has reached her in time.

I have asked if I can come down to see her today, & she has asked me
to call first, but that I may be able to visit her later.
I have to admit to being utterly shocked when she offered me the
chance to try & treat her with antibiotics because she was a breeding
queen-
I can only assume that is because I had intended to mate Lilly with
her blue point Birmi in the spring, but I have no intention of doing
that to poor Lilly....
Lets all purr & pray that Lilly ~Pads has what it takes to come
through this one, because she is my baby (In as far as she is my
youngest cat & I love her dearly).
Lilly is a fighter, with a heart full of love, a temperament full of
naughty Pants, & the affection to cure the sick, truely
Life without her wouldn't bare thinking about.
Fill you in with more news later & hopefully I get the chance to see
her too.
once again, thank you for all of your soothing purrs, Lilly is
bathing in them & hopefully soon she will be home & up to all of her
naughty tricks again, God Willing,
S.

Nigger
February 9th 07, 01:49 PM
On Feb 9, 6:42 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> once again, thank you for all of your soothing purrs, Lilly is
> bathing in them & hopefully soon she will be home & up to all of her
> naughty tricks again, God Willing,
> S.

wow, sorry to hear all of this.

These symptoms all sound like a stroke

Nigger
February 9th 07, 02:12 PM
On Feb 9, 8:00 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> I hope it is not the case of course, but if it is, then I suppose we
> have to start plan B.
> I have no idea what plan B is yet, but I guess I will have to think on
> it?

I am probably wrong! What I'm reading is that they just don't know.
Sorry to worry you, I didn't mean to do that.
Ask Lilly's vet about an infarction.

Nigger
February 9th 07, 07:11 PM
On Feb 9, 8:44 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> Cindy has just given me another idea too. I am going to call the Cat
> Protection League to find out what Lilly's rights are regarding
> treatment. I figure it would be better to do that , than blast at the
> vet because I am angry right now, hey?
> Calling now!
> S.

Good call Sheelagh, listen, I was thinking. About your zeal.

You would do more good for the cat problem by educating people, rather
than being up to your elbows in cat crap and cat hair. Nothing wrong
with being in the trenches, had you never done that you may never
consider Educating people in this.

anyway, I hope to chat with you on here, more later about it, but for
now, let us know the latest on Lilly. Sending prayers.

I'm sure she will be just fine. She knows you are pulling for her,
she'll be fine.

Nigger
February 9th 07, 07:11 PM
On Feb 9, 8:44 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> Cindy has just given me another idea too. I am going to call the Cat
> Protection League to find out what Lilly's rights are regarding
> treatment. I figure it would be better to do that , than blast at the
> vet because I am angry right now, hey?
> Calling now!
> S.

Good call Sheelagh, listen, I was thinking. About your zeal.

You would do more good for the cat problem by educating people, rather
than being up to your elbows in cat crap and cat hair. Nothing wrong
with being in the trenches, had you never done that you may never
consider Educating people in this.

anyway, I hope to chat with you on here, more later about it, but for
now, let us know the latest on Lilly. Sending prayers.

I'm sure she will be just fine. She knows you are pulling for her,
she'll be fine.

Rhonda
February 9th 07, 07:15 PM
Sheelagh,

Go get her out of there! She's had to lay there with no one around, get
her out of there and get her to another vet.

You don't have to follow their "call first" BS and everything else. They
do not call the shots -- this is YOUR cat! Go march down there and let
Lilly know you're still there for her. You decide what happens with her
care and when you can see her.

I am sending all of the good vibes I can find.

Rhonda

sheelagh wrote:
> I have asked if I can come down to see her today, & she has asked me
> to call first, but that I may be able to visit her later.
> I have to admit to being utterly shocked when she offered me the
> chance to try & treat her with antibiotics because she was a breeding
> queen-
> I can only assume that is because I had intended to mate Lilly with
> her blue point Birmi in the spring, but I have no intention of doing
> that to poor Lilly....
> Lets all purr & pray that Lilly ~Pads has what it takes to come
> through this one, because she is my baby (In as far as she is my
> youngest cat & I love her dearly).
> Lilly is a fighter, with a heart full of love, a temperament full of
> naughty Pants, & the affection to cure the sick, truely
> Life without her wouldn't bare thinking about.
> Fill you in with more news later & hopefully I get the chance to see
> her too.
> once again, thank you for all of your soothing purrs, Lilly is
> bathing in them & hopefully soon she will be home & up to all of her
> naughty tricks again, God Willing,
> S.
>

Nigger
February 9th 07, 07:35 PM
On Feb 9, 1:15 pm, Rhonda > wrote:
> this is YOUR cat! Go march down there and let
> Lilly know you're still there for her. You decide what happens with her
> care and when you can see her.

See, you got good sense, this is good advice.

I like your attitude Rhonda, you are living the real world

You know all too well that just because we have the idea that things
are supposed to go a certain way (especially in an ER situation)..
that they will go that way, but that's not reality...

On a similiar note.

A mom and dad took their adult invalid son too an adult rehabilitation
facility in NC. The place is called the Greenery. It cost them $30,000
per month. yes, that's Thirty Thousand per month. (I know these people
like my own family)

The son stayed there one month, and his health seemed to be going
downhill.
The parents of this BOY REALLY... begin to travel back and forth. The
Greenery is supposed to be the best on the coast, especially for the
money.

The father of this invalid decided to be a "fly on the wall"at this
facility, just to see how they were really treating his son.

The father snuk in one night, and found his son drawn up in a fetal
position (a huge drop in the sons health and general appearance)...
the father sneeked his son out of the facility, put him in the van
with the sons mom... The father went back into the facility and
approached the nurses desk.

---
The son had lost weight, had a strange horrified look on his face, was
drawn up in a defensive fetal position, had **** up his back.. his
muscles had atrophied terribly since his arrival at the Greenery.<sp>
--

The father went back inside and asked the Nurse on duty, how his son
was doing, the nurse replied, "Oh he's fine, In fact I just came from
his room, he's doing very well"... The father snatched the nurses log,
and told the nurse, you're a liar, I just took my son, we're leaving,
he took the nurses log and his son and drove the hell back home! They
tried to stop him, but what could they do! It's his son.

No, you cannot turn the life of the ones you love over to just anyone!

You have to call the shots where you see treatment is not forthcoming,
when you see that things are not going like they should (or as you
expected) you have to be a stand up person.. to hell with what people
think. You sit there too long worried about what someone might say,
yule lose the one love.

The greenery would have killed that young man. Today, the young man is
doing just fine, still lives with his folks, but... even at 30,000
dollars a month, they couldn't get the adult care and rehab the young
man needed.

Sorry to be windy, just wanted to show you that, I know all too well,
you have to "march right down there" and make things right.

Barry

cindys
February 9th 07, 07:38 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
...
> Sheelagh,
>
> Go get her out of there! She's had to lay there with no one around, get
> her out of there and get her to another vet.

I don't think she can, at this point. See below.
>
> You don't have to follow their "call first" BS and everything else. They
> do not call the shots -- this is YOUR cat! Go march down there and let
> Lilly know you're still there for her. You decide what happens with her
> care and when you can see her.

I agree 100%!!!
>
> I am sending all of the good vibes I can find.
>
> Rhonda

From the sounds of it, Lilly was too sick to be moved to another vet. I
don't know that Sheelagh really had a choice but to let this vet do the
surgery (due to the precariousness of Lilly's situation). At any rate, the
impression I got from what Sheelagh wrote in another post was that the vet
had just gone ahead with it, according to previously discussed arrangements.
I hope this vet was more competent in the operating room than out of it.

Sheelagh wrote in another post that Lilly is out of surgery. She is going to
see her or has promised us a report at 5:30 GMT, but I don't know how that
corresponds to EST. Anyone??

I'm holding my breath, hoping for good news. I think Sheelagh should insist
that either she or her husband stay with Lilly in the veterinary hospital
until the situation is stable (whether a technician/nurse is also present or
not) and thereafter until Lilly comes home (especially if the animals are
left alone at night). I've never heard of anything so disgraceful as leaving
critically ill animals alone at night.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Nigger
February 9th 07, 07:42 PM
On Feb 9, 1:38 pm, "cindys" > wrote:

> Sheelagh wrote in another post that Lilly is out of surgery. She is going to
> see her or has promised us a report at 5:30 GMT, but I don't know how that
> corresponds to EST. Anyone??

That translates to be half past midnight here on the east coast.

Lynne
February 9th 07, 08:18 PM
on Fri, 09 Feb 2007 19:16:05 GMT, "cindys" >
wrote:

> Are you sure? That's a long way off. I agree with you and Rhonda that
> Sheelagh should march down to the office and demand to see Lilly
> immediately.

Sheelagh is ahead of the east coast of the US by 5 hours, not behind.

--
Lynne

bookie
February 9th 07, 08:23 PM
On 9 Feb, 11:42, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> > please give us some news on Lilly, i am worried that you say she is
> > left alone at the surgery now.
> > bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> There was no one at the surgery last night,& I know this because I
> nearly broke the door down in attempt to try & reach Lilly.
>
> I was more angry than words could possibly express having been told
> that there would be care dying the night for her. In fact, Paul was so
> Bull minded about it, that he sat outside the surgery all night to see
> if anyone came or left it, so we can only conclude that we were fed a
> pack of lies. If anyone knows anything about the law regarding vets
> and the care of animals in their keeping, I would be more than
> grateful to hear from you please?
>
> Anger is still bubbling away now, but the welfare of the cat is
> paramount here ...
>
> Latest news @11am gmt
> Vet has just called to confirm diagnosis of pyometra, which she told
> me Lilly had 3days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> I honestly can't believe that my cat has been in her care for 3 days,
> & she is only taking action now...??????
> An xray has been performed & no blockage can be found in the throat or
> mouth to explain why Lilly is still drooling constantly.
> I am beginning to wonder if I ought to Ping Phil about this one?
> She has decided that she is going to do a ovariohistorectomy (@ long
> last!!, or in other words, spay her)
> My ultimate fear is that by not treating her in the last 48 hours
> since her last injection of antibiotics, that she might go into renal
> failure and die anyway:(
> I can only pray that she has reached her in time.
>
> I have asked if I can come down to see her today, & she has asked me
> to call first, but that I may be able to visit her later.
> I have to admit to being utterly shocked when she offered me the
> chance to try & treat her with antibiotics because she was a breeding
> queen-
> I can only assume that is because I had intended to mate Lilly with
> her blue point Birmi in the spring, but I have no intention of doing
> that to poor Lilly....
> Lets all purr & pray that Lilly ~Pads has what it takes to come
> through this one, because she is my baby (In as far as she is my
> youngest cat & I love her dearly).
> Lilly is a fighter, with a heart full of love, a temperament full of
> naughty Pants, & the affection to cure the sick, truely
> Life without her wouldn't bare thinking about.
> Fill you in with more news later & hopefully I get the chance to see
> her too.
> once again, thank you for all of your soothing purrs, Lilly is
> bathing in them & hopefully soon she will be home & up to all of her
> naughty tricks again, God Willing,
> S.

totally agree with rhonda, as soon as you can you go and get lilly out
of there, i thought it was not right that she was there on her own
(see my post from previous topic on this) they shoud have someone
monitoring the animals in their care ALL THE TIME 24 HOURS A DAY
anything less is a failure to provide adequate care for the animals
they are responsible for.
if you want to complain then as well as the CPL you could also try the
Feline Advisory board www.fabcats.org, phone number is 0870 742 2278,
or maybe the animal health trust at www.aht.org.uk (they are based in
suffolk which is kind fo your area isn't it?) or even the RSPCA, try
all of them in fact. Remember that the animla welafre bill is coming
out soon which is supposed to cover stuff like this and provide legal
protection for animals and guarantee them some form of rights, if it
was out now i am sure that your vet woudl have been breaking the law
by leavign Lilly alone for so long unattended.

you can also perhaps ring up the royal college of vets (london based)
who I think regulate the profession www.rvc.ac.uk or the royal college
of veterinary surgeons too, www.rcvs.org.uk, and talk to them as this
surely goes against their codes of professional conduct.

I am just disgusted and appalled that your vet has left Lilly alone
and unattended with such a condition, even without such a condition it
is simply unacceptable. You have every right to be upset and angry
about this and to scream about it to whichever governing body you feel
fit to report it to, you will not be doing it for yourself and lilly
but also for other animal lovers who may unwittingly leave their
animals in this vets 'care' without realising that their animals will
not be properly looked after. Please find another vet to care for
Lilly I know you are in a rural area but there are others around, ones
approved of by the feline advisory board will be listed ontheir
website www.fabcats.org.uk and they also have their own regulations
for vets to be listed on their books.

if you want to email me with you general area, village name whatever i
can see if I can find a decent vet for you, this kind of things cannot
be allowed to go on.

lots of fingers crossed and purrs for lilly, all be they very angry
ones from me, Bookie

cindys
February 9th 07, 08:39 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Fri, 09 Feb 2007 19:16:05 GMT, "cindys" >
> wrote:
>
>> Are you sure? That's a long way off. I agree with you and Rhonda that
>> Sheelagh should march down to the office and demand to see Lilly
>> immediately.
>
> Sheelagh is ahead of the east coast of the US by 5 hours, not behind.
----------
That makes more sense, but I still think it's too long, and I don't think
Sheelagh should have to wait.

At any rate, I will not be at my computer after 5:00 EST today through
tomorrow night. I'm sure I will be thinking about Lilly the entire day
tomorrow. I'm hoping to read happy news tomorrow night. I feel like we could
all use some good news.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

sheelagh
February 9th 07, 08:52 PM
On 9 Feb, 19:23, "bookie" > wrote:
> On 9 Feb, 11:42, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > > please give us some news on Lilly, i am worried that you say she is
> > > left alone at the surgery now.
> > > bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > - Show quoted text -
>
> > There was no one at the surgery last night,& I know this because I
> > nearly broke the door down in attempt to try & reach Lilly.
>
> > I was more angry than words could possibly express having been told
> > that there would be care dying the night for her. In fact, Paul was so
> > Bull minded about it, that he sat outside the surgery all night to see
> > if anyone came or left it, so we can only conclude that we were fed a
> > pack of lies. If anyone knows anything about the law regarding vets
> > and the care of animals in their keeping, I would be more than
> > grateful to hear from you please?
>
> > Anger is still bubbling away now, but the welfare of the cat is
> > paramount here ...
>
> > Latest news @11am gmt
> > Vet has just called to confirm diagnosis of pyometra, which she told
> > me Lilly had 3days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > I honestly can't believe that my cat has been in her care for 3 days,
> > & she is only taking action now...??????
> > An xray has been performed & no blockage can be found in the throat or
> > mouth to explain why Lilly is still drooling constantly.
> > I am beginning to wonder if I ought to Ping Phil about this one?
> > She has decided that she is going to do a ovariohistorectomy (@ long
> > last!!, or in other words, spay her)
> > My ultimate fear is that by not treating her in the last 48 hours
> > since her last injection of antibiotics, that she might go into renal
> > failure and die anyway:(
> > I can only pray that she has reached her in time.
>
> > I have asked if I can come down to see her today, & she has asked me
> > to call first, but that I may be able to visit her later.
> > I have to admit to being utterly shocked when she offered me the
> > chance to try & treat her with antibiotics because she was a breeding
> > queen-
> > I can only assume that is because I had intended to mate Lilly with
> > her blue point Birmi in the spring, but I have no intention of doing
> > that to poor Lilly....
> > Lets all purr & pray that Lilly ~Pads has what it takes to come
> > through this one, because she is my baby (In as far as she is my
> > youngest cat & I love her dearly).
> > Lilly is a fighter, with a heart full of love, a temperament full of
> > naughty Pants, & the affection to cure the sick, truely
> > Life without her wouldn't bare thinking about.
> > Fill you in with more news later & hopefully I get the chance to see
> > her too.
> > once again, thank you for all of your soothing purrs, Lilly is
> > bathing in them & hopefully soon she will be home & up to all of her
> > naughty tricks again, God Willing,
> > S.
>
> totally agree with rhonda, as soon as you can you go and get lilly out
> of there, i thought it was not right that she was there on her own
> (see my post from previous topic on this) they shoud have someone
> monitoring the animals in their care ALL THE TIME 24 HOURS A DAY
> anything less is a failure to provide adequate care for the animals
> they are responsible for.
> if you want to complain then as well as the CPL you could also try the
> Feline Advisory boardwww.fabcats.org, phone number is 0870 742 2278,
> or maybe the animal health trust atwww.aht.org.uk(they are based in
> suffolk which is kind fo your area isn't it?) or even the RSPCA, try
> all of them in fact. Remember that the animla welafre bill is coming
> out soon which is supposed to cover stuff like this and provide legal
> protection for animals and guarantee them some form of rights, if it
> was out now i am sure that your vet woudl have been breaking the law
> by leavign Lilly alone for so long unattended.
>
> you can also perhaps ring up the royal college of vets (london based)
> who I think regulate the professionwww.rvc.ac.ukor the royal college
> of veterinary surgeons too,www.rcvs.org.uk, and talk to them as this
> surely goes against their codes of professional conduct.
>
> I am just disgusted and appalled that your vet has left Lilly alone
> and unattended with such a condition, even without such a condition it
> is simply unacceptable. You have every right to be upset and angry
> about this and to scream about it to whichever governing body you feel
> fit to report it to, you will not be doing it for yourself and lilly
> but also for other animal lovers who may unwittingly leave their
> animals in this vets 'care' without realising that their animals will
> not be properly looked after. Please find another vet to care for
> Lilly I know you are in a rural area but there are others around, ones
> approved of by the feline advisory board will be listed ontheir
> websitewww.fabcats.org.ukand they also have their own regulations
> for vets to be listed on their books.
>
> if you want to email me with you general area, village name whatever i
> can see if I can find a decent vet for you, this kind of things cannot
> be allowed to go on.
>
> lots of fingers crossed and purrs for lilly, all be they very angry
> ones from me, Bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
Thank you for the advice Dave, I really have been grateful for all
the
thoughts, Idea's, & support that I have received from everyone
today,particualrly Ciny who has put up with my every fright & big B
too,
Also, Thanks to Rhonda before you too
I would hate anyone to think I didn't mention them for any reason,
other than there have been so many of you.
The purrs have been *very soothing indeed* & I know for a fact that
Lilly appreciates them because I have just been to visit her post
operative.
I meant to take my camera to get a few shots of her, but forgot to in
my hurry to rush out of the door of course!!
I did manage to take one or two on my mobile phone which I am trying
to process right now so that I can post them to you. I got told off
for taking them without asking too, OOOPS!
I will take all of the advice that you mention Dave because it seems
that the standard of this surgery most definitely falls very short of
the standards you describe.
Poor old Lil...She got through the op fine, but vet a bit worried
about a pocket of what she thinks is air in her gut showing up on the
xray. She has had an an-enema (prob spelt wrong, soz)..& she also
thinks we might have hit septecimia too:( Lil is currently on all
sorts of antibiotics, a drip for dehydration, & I took the liberty of
reading her care sheets whilst Ross & I were alone (my son)..there is
no night care at all because I searched for it, & the last Ob's are
taken @ 5pm in the afternoon!!!!!! Till 8 am the following
morning:o( TERRIBLE, But what can I do?
Lil was DELIGHTED to see us & started dribbling immediately when she
saw us. Although sedated, she crawled towards the front of her cage &
we took 45 mins of cuddles until we were thrown out @ closing time.
She purred for the UK & the USA To hear too of course &started
kneading her towel that we took in there for her as well.
I took the liberty of asking the vet if it was possible that she
might
have had a stroke & her reply was no, also asked what the prognosis
was and she said that she was optimistic, but couldn't promise
anything.
Her eyes were gunky, & she was a bit if a mess, but it was utterly
joyous to see her & I am certain that she felt the same way too.
I am typing in haste because my son is due to meet the girlfriend on
line.. you know how it is,lol?!!!
I promise to post the rest of the details later in better description
and the rest of the story as well. I don't think I can bare the
thought of leaving her there all weekend on her own especially on
Sunday as no one is there at all:(
Be back on line in about an hour or so...
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS POSTED, YOU HAVE GOT ME THROUGH THE WORST
DAY IN MY LIFE....
Best Wishes,
S;o)

Rhonda
February 9th 07, 09:04 PM
Sheelagh,

I'm glad she was so happy to see you. She still has spirit!

Please don't let her there over the weekend -- there is no reason for
it. You can take much better care of her than she would get alone in a
cage. She needs someone to watch over her. We will never leave our cats
at a vet that does not have someone there to watch them. Never. We
always ask about it up front.

If they are worried about her moving around, set up something for her at
home. It will do her a world of good to have your love and care. And she
is your cat, you can take her out of the hospital at ANY time -- they
cannot hold your cat hostage.

Sheelagh, please don't make her stay there over the weekend. Why would
they even suggest that with no one there, that is absurd.

I am sending more vibes for Lilly. I hope she gets through this with
flying colors.

Rhonda

sheelagh wrote:
> On 9 Feb, 19:23, "bookie" > wrote:
>
>>On 9 Feb, 11:42, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>>
>>
>>>>please give us some news on Lilly, i am worried that you say she is
>>>>left alone at the surgery now.
>>>>bookie- Hide quoted text -
>>>
>>>>- Show quoted text -
>>>
>>>There was no one at the surgery last night,& I know this because I
>>>nearly broke the door down in attempt to try & reach Lilly.
>>
>>>I was more angry than words could possibly express having been told
>>>that there would be care dying the night for her. In fact, Paul was so
>>>Bull minded about it, that he sat outside the surgery all night to see
>>>if anyone came or left it, so we can only conclude that we were fed a
>>>pack of lies. If anyone knows anything about the law regarding vets
>>>and the care of animals in their keeping, I would be more than
>>>grateful to hear from you please?
>>
>>>Anger is still bubbling away now, but the welfare of the cat is
>>>paramount here ...
>>
>>>Latest news @11am gmt
>>>Vet has just called to confirm diagnosis of pyometra, which she told
>>>me Lilly had 3days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>I honestly can't believe that my cat has been in her care for 3 days,
>>>& she is only taking action now...??????
>>>An xray has been performed & no blockage can be found in the throat or
>>>mouth to explain why Lilly is still drooling constantly.
>>>I am beginning to wonder if I ought to Ping Phil about this one?
>>>She has decided that she is going to do a ovariohistorectomy (@ long
>>>last!!, or in other words, spay her)
>>>My ultimate fear is that by not treating her in the last 48 hours
>>>since her last injection of antibiotics, that she might go into renal
>>>failure and die anyway:(
>>>I can only pray that she has reached her in time.
>>
>>>I have asked if I can come down to see her today, & she has asked me
>>>to call first, but that I may be able to visit her later.
>>>I have to admit to being utterly shocked when she offered me the
>>>chance to try & treat her with antibiotics because she was a breeding
>>>queen-
>>>I can only assume that is because I had intended to mate Lilly with
>>>her blue point Birmi in the spring, but I have no intention of doing
>>>that to poor Lilly....
>>>Lets all purr & pray that Lilly ~Pads has what it takes to come
>>>through this one, because she is my baby (In as far as she is my
>>>youngest cat & I love her dearly).
>>>Lilly is a fighter, with a heart full of love, a temperament full of
>>>naughty Pants, & the affection to cure the sick, truely
>>>Life without her wouldn't bare thinking about.
>>>Fill you in with more news later & hopefully I get the chance to see
>>>her too.
>>> once again, thank you for all of your soothing purrs, Lilly is
>>>bathing in them & hopefully soon she will be home & up to all of her
>>>naughty tricks again, God Willing,
>>>S.
>>
>>totally agree with rhonda, as soon as you can you go and get lilly out
>>of there, i thought it was not right that she was there on her own
>>(see my post from previous topic on this) they shoud have someone
>>monitoring the animals in their care ALL THE TIME 24 HOURS A DAY
>>anything less is a failure to provide adequate care for the animals
>>they are responsible for.
>>if you want to complain then as well as the CPL you could also try the
>>Feline Advisory boardwww.fabcats.org, phone number is 0870 742 2278,
>>or maybe the animal health trust atwww.aht.org.uk(they are based in
>>suffolk which is kind fo your area isn't it?) or even the RSPCA, try
>>all of them in fact. Remember that the animla welafre bill is coming
>>out soon which is supposed to cover stuff like this and provide legal
>>protection for animals and guarantee them some form of rights, if it
>>was out now i am sure that your vet woudl have been breaking the law
>>by leavign Lilly alone for so long unattended.
>>
>>you can also perhaps ring up the royal college of vets (london based)
>>who I think regulate the professionwww.rvc.ac.ukor the royal college
>>of veterinary surgeons too,www.rcvs.org.uk, and talk to them as this
>>surely goes against their codes of professional conduct.
>>
>>I am just disgusted and appalled that your vet has left Lilly alone
>>and unattended with such a condition, even without such a condition it
>>is simply unacceptable. You have every right to be upset and angry
>>about this and to scream about it to whichever governing body you feel
>>fit to report it to, you will not be doing it for yourself and lilly
>>but also for other animal lovers who may unwittingly leave their
>>animals in this vets 'care' without realising that their animals will
>>not be properly looked after. Please find another vet to care for
>>Lilly I know you are in a rural area but there are others around, ones
>>approved of by the feline advisory board will be listed ontheir
>>websitewww.fabcats.org.ukand they also have their own regulations
>>for vets to be listed on their books.
>>
>>if you want to email me with you general area, village name whatever i
>>can see if I can find a decent vet for you, this kind of things cannot
>>be allowed to go on.
>>
>>lots of fingers crossed and purrs for lilly, all be they very angry
>>ones from me, Bookie- Hide quoted text -
>>
>>- Show quoted text -
>
> Thank you for the advice Dave, I really have been grateful for all
> the
> thoughts, Idea's, & support that I have received from everyone
> today,particualrly Ciny who has put up with my every fright & big B
> too,
> Also, Thanks to Rhonda before you too
> I would hate anyone to think I didn't mention them for any reason,
> other than there have been so many of you.
> The purrs have been *very soothing indeed* & I know for a fact that
> Lilly appreciates them because I have just been to visit her post
> operative.
> I meant to take my camera to get a few shots of her, but forgot to in
> my hurry to rush out of the door of course!!
> I did manage to take one or two on my mobile phone which I am trying
> to process right now so that I can post them to you. I got told off
> for taking them without asking too, OOOPS!
> I will take all of the advice that you mention Dave because it seems
> that the standard of this surgery most definitely falls very short of
> the standards you describe.
> Poor old Lil...She got through the op fine, but vet a bit worried
> about a pocket of what she thinks is air in her gut showing up on the
> xray. She has had an an-enema (prob spelt wrong, soz)..& she also
> thinks we might have hit septecimia too:( Lil is currently on all
> sorts of antibiotics, a drip for dehydration, & I took the liberty of
> reading her care sheets whilst Ross & I were alone (my son)..there is
> no night care at all because I searched for it, & the last Ob's are
> taken @ 5pm in the afternoon!!!!!! Till 8 am the following
> morning:o( TERRIBLE, But what can I do?
> Lil was DELIGHTED to see us & started dribbling immediately when she
> saw us. Although sedated, she crawled towards the front of her cage &
> we took 45 mins of cuddles until we were thrown out @ closing time.
> She purred for the UK & the USA To hear too of course &started
> kneading her towel that we took in there for her as well.
> I took the liberty of asking the vet if it was possible that she
> might
> have had a stroke & her reply was no, also asked what the prognosis
> was and she said that she was optimistic, but couldn't promise
> anything.
> Her eyes were gunky, & she was a bit if a mess, but it was utterly
> joyous to see her & I am certain that she felt the same way too.
> I am typing in haste because my son is due to meet the girlfriend on
> line.. you know how it is,lol?!!!
> I promise to post the rest of the details later in better description
> and the rest of the story as well. I don't think I can bare the
> thought of leaving her there all weekend on her own especially on
> Sunday as no one is there at all:(
> Be back on line in about an hour or so...
> THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS POSTED, YOU HAVE GOT ME THROUGH THE WORST
> DAY IN MY LIFE....
> Best Wishes,
> S;o)
>

bookie
February 9th 07, 09:15 PM
On 9 Feb, 20:04, Rhonda > wrote:
> Sheelagh,
>
> I'm glad she was so happy to see you. She still has spirit!
>
> Please don't let her there over the weekend -- there is no reason for
> it. You can take much better care of her than she would get alone in a
> cage. She needs someone to watch over her. We will never leave our cats
> at a vet that does not have someone there to watch them. Never. We
> always ask about it up front.
>
> If they are worried about her moving around, set up something for her at
> home. It will do her a world of good to have your love and care. And she
> is your cat, you can take her out of the hospital at ANY time -- they
> cannot hold your cat hostage.
>
> Sheelagh, please don't make her stay there over the weekend. Why would
> they even suggest that with no one there, that is absurd.
>
> I am sending more vibes for Lilly. I hope she gets through this with
> flying colors.
>
> Rhonda
>
>
>
> sheelagh wrote:
> > On 9 Feb, 19:23, "bookie" > wrote:
>
> >>On 9 Feb, 11:42, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> >>>>please give us some news on Lilly, i am worried that you say she is
> >>>>left alone at the surgery now.
> >>>>bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> >>>>- Show quoted text -
>
> >>>There was no one at the surgery last night,& I know this because I
> >>>nearly broke the door down in attempt to try & reach Lilly.
>
> >>>I was more angry than words could possibly express having been told
> >>>that there would be care dying the night for her. In fact, Paul was so
> >>>Bull minded about it, that he sat outside the surgery all night to see
> >>>if anyone came or left it, so we can only conclude that we were fed a
> >>>pack of lies. If anyone knows anything about the law regarding vets
> >>>and the care of animals in their keeping, I would be more than
> >>>grateful to hear from you please?
>
> >>>Anger is still bubbling away now, but the welfare of the cat is
> >>>paramount here ...
>
> >>>Latest news @11am gmt
> >>>Vet has just called to confirm diagnosis of pyometra, which she told
> >>>me Lilly had 3days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >>>I honestly can't believe that my cat has been in her care for 3 days,
> >>>& she is only taking action now...??????
> >>>An xray has been performed & no blockage can be found in the throat or
> >>>mouth to explain why Lilly is still drooling constantly.
> >>>I am beginning to wonder if I ought to Ping Phil about this one?
> >>>She has decided that she is going to do a ovariohistorectomy (@ long
> >>>last!!, or in other words, spay her)
> >>>My ultimate fear is that by not treating her in the last 48 hours
> >>>since her last injection of antibiotics, that she might go into renal
> >>>failure and die anyway:(
> >>>I can only pray that she has reached her in time.
>
> >>>I have asked if I can come down to see her today, & she has asked me
> >>>to call first, but that I may be able to visit her later.
> >>>I have to admit to being utterly shocked when she offered me the
> >>>chance to try & treat her with antibiotics because she was a breeding
> >>>queen-
> >>>I can only assume that is because I had intended to mate Lilly with
> >>>her blue point Birmi in the spring, but I have no intention of doing
> >>>that to poor Lilly....
> >>>Lets all purr & pray that Lilly ~Pads has what it takes to come
> >>>through this one, because she is my baby (In as far as she is my
> >>>youngest cat & I love her dearly).
> >>>Lilly is a fighter, with a heart full of love, a temperament full of
> >>>naughty Pants, & the affection to cure the sick, truely
> >>>Life without her wouldn't bare thinking about.
> >>>Fill you in with more news later & hopefully I get the chance to see
> >>>her too.
> >>> once again, thank you for all of your soothing purrs, Lilly is
> >>>bathing in them & hopefully soon she will be home & up to all of her
> >>>naughty tricks again, God Willing,
> >>>S.
>
> >>totally agree with rhonda, as soon as you can you go and get lilly out
> >>of there, i thought it was not right that she was there on her own
> >>(see my post from previous topic on this) they shoud have someone
> >>monitoring the animals in their care ALL THE TIME 24 HOURS A DAY
> >>anything less is a failure to provide adequate care for the animals
> >>they are responsible for.
> >>if you want to complain then as well as the CPL you could also try the
> >>Feline Advisory boardwww.fabcats.org, phone number is 0870 742 2278,
> >>or maybe the animal health trust atwww.aht.org.uk(theyare based in
> >>suffolk which is kind fo your area isn't it?) or even the RSPCA, try
> >>all of them in fact. Remember that the animla welafre bill is coming
> >>out soon which is supposed to cover stuff like this and provide legal
> >>protection for animals and guarantee them some form of rights, if it
> >>was out now i am sure that your vet woudl have been breaking the law
> >>by leavign Lilly alone for so long unattended.
>
> >>you can also perhaps ring up the royal college of vets (london based)
> >>who I think regulate the professionwww.rvc.ac.ukorthe royal college
> >>of veterinary surgeons too,www.rcvs.org.uk, and talk to them as this
> >>surely goes against their codes of professional conduct.
>
> >>I am just disgusted and appalled that your vet has left Lilly alone
> >>and unattended with such a condition, even without such a condition it
> >>is simply unacceptable. You have every right to be upset and angry
> >>about this and to scream about it to whichever governing body you feel
> >>fit to report it to, you will not be doing it for yourself and lilly
> >>but also for other animal lovers who may unwittingly leave their
> >>animals in this vets 'care' without realising that their animals will
> >>not be properly looked after. Please find another vet to care for
> >>Lilly I know you are in a rural area but there are others around, ones
> >>approved of by the feline advisory board will be listed ontheir
> >>websitewww.fabcats.org.ukandthey also have their own regulations
> >>for vets to be listed on their books.
>
> >>if you want to email me with you general area, village name whatever i
> >>can see if I can find a decent vet for you, this kind of things cannot
> >>be allowed to go on.
>
> >>lots of fingers crossed and purrs for lilly, all be they very angry
> >>ones from me, Bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> >>- Show quoted text -
>
> > Thank you for the advice Dave, I really have been grateful for all
> > the
> > thoughts, Idea's, & support that I have received from everyone
> > today,particualrly Ciny who has put up with my every fright & big B
> > too,
> > Also, Thanks to Rhonda before you too
> > I would hate anyone to think I didn't mention them for any reason,
> > other than there have been so many of you.
> > The purrs have been *very soothing indeed* & I know for a fact that
> > Lilly appreciates them because I have just been to visit her post
> > operative.
> > I meant to take my camera to get a few shots of her, but forgot to in
> > my hurry to rush out of the door of course!!
> > I did manage to take one or two on my mobile phone which I am trying
> > to process right now so that I can post them to you. I got told off
> > for taking them without asking too, OOOPS!
> > I will take all of the advice that you mention Dave because it seems
> > that the standard of this surgery most definitely falls very short of
> > the standards you describe.
> > Poor old Lil...She got through the op fine, but vet a bit worried
> > about a pocket of what she thinks is air in her gut showing up on the
> > xray. She has had an an-enema (prob spelt wrong, soz)..& she also
> > thinks we might have hit septecimia too:( Lil is currently on all
> > sorts of antibiotics, a drip for dehydration, & I took the liberty of
> > reading her care sheets whilst Ross & I were alone (my son)..there is
> > no night care at all because I searched for it, & the last Ob's are
> > taken @ 5pm in the afternoon!!!!!! Till 8 am the following
> > morning:o( TERRIBLE, But what can I do?
> > Lil was DELIGHTED to see us & started dribbling immediately when she
> > saw us. Although sedated, she crawled towards the front of her cage &
> > we took 45 mins of cuddles until we were thrown out @ closing time.
> > She purred for the UK & the USA To hear too of course &started
> > kneading her towel that we took in there for her as well.
> > I took the liberty of asking the vet if it was possible that she
> > might
> > have had a stroke & her reply was no, also asked what the prognosis
> > was and she said that she was optimistic, but couldn't promise
> > anything.
> > Her eyes were gunky, & she was a bit if a mess, but it was utterly
> > joyous to see her & I am certain that she felt the same way too.
> > I am typing in haste because my son is due to meet the girlfriend on
> > line.. you know how it is,lol?!!!
> > I promise to post the rest of the details later in better description
> > and the rest of the story as well. I don't think I can bare the
> > thought of leaving her there all weekend on her own especially on
> > Sunday as no one is there at all:(
> > Be back on line in about an hour or so...
> > THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS POSTED, YOU HAVE GOT ME THROUGH THE WORST
> > DAY IN MY LIFE....
> > Best Wishes,
> > S;o)- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

I second that, and I am not actually called dave either, you can take
YOUR cat out anytime you wish to, they cannot keep her against your
will if you have a good reason to remove her, and you do. Much better
she is monitored constantly by you and in a reassuring and familiar
home environment (reduces stress and aids recovery) than left alone in
a scary and unkown place where anything could happen to her post-op
and there woud be noone around to help.

please let us know you have taken her home with you before sunday.

hey if you need someone to help you break in to the vets to 'liberate'
Lilly I am more than happy to drive and lend a hand!
bookie

cindys
February 9th 07, 10:03 PM
"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
snip>
> I second that, and I am not actually called dave either, you can take
> YOUR cat out anytime you wish to, they cannot keep her against your
> will if you have a good reason to remove her, and you do. Much better
> she is monitored constantly by you and in a reassuring and familiar
> home environment (reduces stress and aids recovery) than left alone in
> a scary and unkown place where anything could happen to her post-op
> and there woud be noone around to help.
>

I am also in 100% agreement. Lilly should absolutely not be left there on
Sunday. We will all be looking for your post that says you brought her home.
>
> hey if you need someone to help you break in to the vets to 'liberate'
> Lilly I am more than happy to drive and lend a hand!

You don't even have to break in. You and Sheelagh and Paul and their
children could all go to the vet tomorrow during normal business hours and
spring Lilly together right then and there. There is strength in numbers.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

sheelagh
February 10th 07, 04:16 AM
On 9 Feb, 20:15, "bookie" > wrote:
> On 9 Feb, 20:04, Rhonda > wrote:
>
> > Sheelagh,
>
> > I'm glad she was so happy to see you. She still has spirit!
>
> > Please don't let her there over the weekend -- there is no reason for
> > it. You can take much better care of her than she would get alone in a
> > cage. She needs someone to watch over her. We will never leave our cats
> > at a vet that does not have someone there to watch them. Never. We
> > always ask about it up front.
>
> > If they are worried about her moving around, set up something for her at
> > home. It will do her a world of good to have your love and care. And she
> > is your cat, you can take her out of the hospital at ANY time -- they
> > cannot hold your cat hostage.
>
> > Sheelagh, please don't make her stay there over the weekend. Why would
> > they even suggest that with no one there, that is absurd.
>
> > I am sending more vibes for Lilly. I hope she gets through this with
> > flying colors.
>
> > Rhonda
>
> > sheelagh wrote:
> > > On 9 Feb, 19:23, "bookie" > wrote:
>
> > >>On 9 Feb, 11:42, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> > >>>>please give us some news on Lilly, i am worried that you say she is
> > >>>>left alone at the surgery now.
> > >>>>bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> > >>>>- Show quoted text -
>
> > >>>There was no one at the surgery last night,& I know this because I
> > >>>nearly broke the door down in attempt to try & reach Lilly.
>
> > >>>I was more angry than words could possibly express having been told
> > >>>that there would be care dying the night for her. In fact, Paul was so
> > >>>Bull minded about it, that he sat outside the surgery all night to see
> > >>>if anyone came or left it, so we can only conclude that we were fed a
> > >>>pack of lies. If anyone knows anything about the law regarding vets
> > >>>and the care of animals in their keeping, I would be more than
> > >>>grateful to hear from you please?
>
> > >>>Anger is still bubbling away now, but the welfare of the cat is
> > >>>paramount here ...
>
> > >>>Latest news @11am gmt
> > >>>Vet has just called to confirm diagnosis of pyometra, which she told
> > >>>me Lilly had 3days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > >>>I honestly can't believe that my cat has been in her care for 3 days,
> > >>>& she is only taking action now...??????
> > >>>An xray has been performed & no blockage can be found in the throat or
> > >>>mouth to explain why Lilly is still drooling constantly.
> > >>>I am beginning to wonder if I ought to Ping Phil about this one?
> > >>>She has decided that she is going to do a ovariohistorectomy (@ long
> > >>>last!!, or in other words, spay her)
> > >>>My ultimate fear is that by not treating her in the last 48 hours
> > >>>since her last injection of antibiotics, that she might go into renal
> > >>>failure and die anyway:(
> > >>>I can only pray that she has reached her in time.
>
> > >>>I have asked if I can come down to see her today, & she has asked me
> > >>>to call first, but that I may be able to visit her later.
> > >>>I have to admit to being utterly shocked when she offered me the
> > >>>chance to try & treat her with antibiotics because she was a breeding
> > >>>queen-
> > >>>I can only assume that is because I had intended to mate Lilly with
> > >>>her blue point Birmi in the spring, but I have no intention of doing
> > >>>that to poor Lilly....
> > >>>Lets all purr & pray that Lilly ~Pads has what it takes to come
> > >>>through this one, because she is my baby (In as far as she is my
> > >>>youngest cat & I love her dearly).
> > >>>Lilly is a fighter, with a heart full of love, a temperament full of
> > >>>naughty Pants, & the affection to cure the sick, truely
> > >>>Life without her wouldn't bare thinking about.
> > >>>Fill you in with more news later & hopefully I get the chance to see
> > >>>her too.
> > >>> once again, thank you for all of your soothing purrs, Lilly is
> > >>>bathing in them & hopefully soon she will be home & up to all of her
> > >>>naughty tricks again, God Willing,
> > >>>S.
>
> > >>totally agree with rhonda, as soon as you can you go and get lilly out
> > >>of there, i thought it was not right that she was there on her own
> > >>(see my post from previous topic on this) they shoud have someone
> > >>monitoring the animals in their care ALL THE TIME 24 HOURS A DAY
> > >>anything less is a failure to provide adequate care for the animals
> > >>they are responsible for.
> > >>if you want to complain then as well as the CPL you could also try the
> > >>Feline Advisory boardwww.fabcats.org, phone number is 0870 742 2278,
> > >>or maybe the animal health trust atwww.aht.org.uk(theyarebased in
> > >>suffolk which is kind fo your area isn't it?) or even the RSPCA, try
> > >>all of them in fact. Remember that the animla welafre bill is coming
> > >>out soon which is supposed to cover stuff like this and provide legal
> > >>protection for animals and guarantee them some form of rights, if it
> > >>was out now i am sure that your vet woudl have been breaking the law
> > >>by leavign Lilly alone for so long unattended.
>
> > >>you can also perhaps ring up the royal college of vets (london based)
> > >>who I think regulate the professionwww.rvc.ac.ukortheroyal college
> > >>of veterinary surgeons too,www.rcvs.org.uk, and talk to them as this
> > >>surely goes against their codes of professional conduct.
>
> > >>I am just disgusted and appalled that your vet has left Lilly alone
> > >>and unattended with such a condition, even without such a condition it
> > >>is simply unacceptable. You have every right to be upset and angry
> > >>about this and to scream about it to whichever governing body you feel
> > >>fit to report it to, you will not be doing it for yourself and lilly
> > >>but also for other animal lovers who may unwittingly leave their
> > >>animals in this vets 'care' without realising that their animals will
> > >>not be properly looked after. Please find another vet to care for
> > >>Lilly I know you are in a rural area but there are others around, ones
> > >>approved of by the feline advisory board will be listed ontheir
> > >>websitewww.fabcats.org.ukandtheyalso have their own regulations
> > >>for vets to be listed on their books.
>
> > >>if you want to email me with you general area, village name whatever i
> > >>can see if I can find a decent vet for you, this kind of things cannot
> > >>be allowed to go on.
>
> > >>lots of fingers crossed and purrs for lilly, all be they very angry
> > >>ones from me, Bookie- Hide quoted text -
>
> > >>- Show quoted text -
>
> > > Thank you for the advice Dave, I really have been grateful for all
> > > the
> > > thoughts, Idea's, & support that I have received from everyone
> > > today,particualrly Ciny who has put up with my every fright & big B
> > > too,
> > > Also, Thanks to Rhonda before you too
> > > I would hate anyone to think I didn't mention them for any reason,
> > > other than there have been so many of you.
> > > The purrs have been *very soothing indeed* & I know for a fact that
> > > Lilly appreciates them because I have just been to visit her post
> > > operative.
> > > I meant to take my camera to get a few shots of her, but forgot to in
> > > my hurry to rush out of the door of course!!
> > > I did manage to take one or two on my mobile phone which I am trying
> > > to process right now so that I can post them to you. I got told off
> > > for taking them without asking too, OOOPS!
> > > I will take all of the advice that you mention Dave because it seems
> > > that the standard of this surgery most definitely falls very short of
> > > the standards you describe.
> > > Poor old Lil...She got through the op fine, but vet a bit worried
> > > about a pocket of what she thinks is air in her gut showing up on the
> > > xray. She has had an an-enema (prob spelt wrong, soz)..& she also
> > > thinks we might have hit septecimia too:( Lil is currently on all
> > > sorts of antibiotics, a drip for dehydration, & I took the liberty of
> > > reading her care sheets whilst Ross & I were alone (my son)..there is
> > > no night care at all because I searched for it, & the last Ob's are
> > > taken @ 5pm in the afternoon!!!!!! Till 8 am the following
> > > morning:o( TERRIBLE, But what can I do?
> > > Lil was DELIGHTED to see us & started dribbling immediately when she
> > > saw us. Although sedated, she crawled towards the front of her cage &
> > > we took 45 mins of cuddles until we were thrown out @ closing time.
> > > She purred for the UK & the USA To hear too of course &started
> > > kneading her towel that we took in there for her as well.
> > > I took the liberty of asking the vet if it was possible that she
> > > might
> > > have had a stroke & her reply was no, also asked what the prognosis
> > > was and she said that she was optimistic, but couldn't promise
> > > anything.
> > > Her eyes were gunky, & she was a bit if a mess, but it was utterly
> > > joyous to see her & I am certain that she felt the same way too.
> > > I am typing in haste because my son is due to meet the girlfriend on
> > > line.. you know how it is,lol?!!!
> > > I promise to post the rest of the details later in better description
> > > and the rest of the story as well. I don't think I can bare the
> > > thought of leaving her there all weekend on her own especially on
> > > Sunday as no one is there at all:(
> > > Be back on line in about an hour or so...
> > > THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS POSTED, YOU HAVE GOT ME THROUGH THE WORST
> > > DAY IN MY LIFE....
> > > Best Wishes,
> > > S;o)- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> I second that, and I am not actually called dave either, you can take
> YOUR cat out anytime you wish to, they cannot keep her against your
> will if you have a good reason to remove her, and you do. Much better
> she is monitored constantly by you and in a reassuring and familiar
> home environment (reduces stress and aids recovery) than left alone in
> a scary and unkown place where anything could happen to her post-op
> and there woud be noone around to help.
>
> please let us know you have taken her home with you before sunday.
>
> hey if you need someone to help you break in to the vets to 'liberate'
> Lilly I am more than happy to drive and lend a hand!
> bookie
>
> Best of luck to Lilly,
>
> Rhonda
Speaking of livid bookie....i didnt intend to insinuate that you were
callled Dave by the way, i was taking a thread from the other posting
that i thought you had read & adding it you yours,lol!!!
Anyway, the point is got you all as far as the visit.
I have just typed a mile of posting and the damed thing said it was
succesful, but when I looked there wasnt a single word of it
there.AAAGGGH, I could Scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ross and I mad ehte appointment to go and see poor old Lilly who as
you all know has been there all on ther tod since thursday lunchtime.
Speaking of livid bookie....I didnt intend to insinuate that you were
called Dave by the way, I was taking a thread from the other posting
that I thought you had read & adding it you yours,lol!!!
I will copy and paste it to this one so that you understand what I
meant,ok?
Anyway, the point is got you all as far as the visit.
I have just typed a mile of posting and the damed thing said it was
succesful, but when I looked there wasnt a single word of it
there.AAAGGGH, I could Scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ross and I made the appointment to go and see poor old Lilly who as
you all know has been there all on ther tod since thursday lunchtime.
We were cordialy informed that we might be welcome to do so between
5-5.30 pm, so we got there @5 on the dot...& we waited,... & we
waited.... & by 6pm, she called us into her cubby hole and showed me
the xray that she had taken.
In The Grubby old thing she showed us that there was a dark area,so I
asked what it was & she told me that she had no idea @ all, that Lilly
had been given an enenema to clear her bowel because she was
constipated, & that she had a look at the bowel, but couldn't work out
what it was, so she massaged it along a bit in the hope that it would
work it's way out eventually.
I then asked how the operation went & she said it went fairly well,
but it was a bit touch and go regarding septacemia, that she couldn't
make any promises, but that she was also optomistic about her
(baring in mind that I know full well that no one has even bothered to
look at her since thursday lunch time, you can imagine how hard it was
for my to stand on my tongue and not simply let [email protected] her.Especially
for those of you who know me- you will appreciate it was like folding
in a tornado of abuse)
Snow my back side, Paul made it to barnwell, so she could have come to
work, she simply pulled a sicky and blamed it on the snow!
She (BTW She is always the vet)
Having apologized & told me that it was simply beyond her control,
after admiting to Paul that she had sick horses, which was why she
went home on thurdsday afternoon, so that was the last time that Lilly
got any treatment or care...it really was all I could do not to launch
into full throttle...
once I had swalled that bitter pill, I asked her how she felt about
the prognosis was, & she took us both out to the back where she she
keeps all of her inmates (prisoners, for our american freinds)..& one
look at Lilly was enough to make me howl with tears, even Ross too...
She was lying there patheticaly and listlessly. We were already warned
that she was sedated, had a drip in because she was a touch
dehdrated...
(well of course she was, no one fed her or gave her any water since
the day previous at lunch time!!)
The moment she heard our voices though, her little head perked up &
she cried and meowled for us to come to her- she lolooked so
vulnerable and pathetic too, with green mucky eys,one of her front
paws straped up with her drip & oviously she must havew felt terribly
sore too with the spaying been done?
I then thought of lots of questions such as "do you think it is
possible that she might have had a stroke", to which the answer was a
catogorical NO!
"why do you think that she is drooling still", was answered with, "I
think it might be for attention"...funny because she has never done
that before....
"why do you think she was coughing", was
"I have no idea, but it isn't so bad now, is it"?
Is it possible that she might have a touch of flu"
Answer again was
"No"!
Are you giving her antibiotics for the eye infection",
Answer was
"No, I gave her a shot a couple of days ago so that should help clear
it".
"Don't you think a few more might help if she had/has septacemia"
Answer was , "she can't take anything orally, but when she is ready we
could try again"....
OMG..What do we do in the meantime? Wait for to die?
Anger goes beyond how I feel right now....
She left us at that point & I was cursing myself for a fool for not
taking my camera, so I got Ross to take a few on my mobile(cell
phone!!)..which the nurse herd so came to investigate what was
happening..
I explained that we were taking a few snaps for the rest of the
children to see as we felt it would be inappropriate to bring all 4 of
them...it usually works, & did this time too, but she asked us to ask
next time BTW-The nurse was her daughter today...Interesting, hey?
Whilst the nuse was there, I took the opportunity to ask her what time
their observations were done during the night, but she didn't know
because she didn't do lates...meanwhile Ross was giving me very
pointed stare's so i shut up because I realised that he must have had
his reasons to that..& he did
He mananged to find Lilly's notes, in which it states that the last
ob's are done @ 5.30 pm- the next ones are done the following mornig @
8.30 am
So we were right, there is no night cover at all... I am so sadened by
this.
In all the years I have used her, I have never had an overnight
patient with her, or I would have known &NEVER have takewn LILLY there
@ all....
Lilly was as delighted as we were, & even though she was sedated, she
crawled to the front of ther cage and did head rubs, a bit of slobbery
drooling, but it did stop afer a while once we were there for around
20 mins or so;it stopped completely too??
We played I love you, Kissy kissy, cuddles & talk in a silly high
voice which made her purr forever, but I noticed that her mouth was
open all the while we were there. Am I right in thinking that cats
open their mouths to pant? I wondered this becuse the heater was right
under her cage...it was ever so hot there... she loved seeing us
though & it was heart braking to leave her bewcause she wanted to come
with us too-I cried, I don't mind admitting it either. I hated it!!!
All too soon it came time to leave and we were gently reminded it was
closing time:o(
IT WAS MORE THAN WONDERFUL TO SEE HER AGAIN- I DID FEAR THAT I NEVER
WOULD
I am going to have to do something a bit later this morning because I
CAN'T LEAVE HER THERE!
It is a really dingy hole out the back & I wouldn't leave lilly's pet
cockroach there, seriously!!
In an ideal world "Bookie" ... I would like to take her to a vetinary
clinic in Hutingdon callled the CROMWELL SURGERY, ever heard of it?
The reason I say this is because it comes personally recommended by a
lady who runs a cattery in the village- & if they are good enough for
her, then I am more than sure they would be for me.....
Rhonda ~& Cindy, I would love to bring her home,. but with the line I
am terrified that I might mess up.
If you honestly feel that I can do it, I would. There is no place like
home, but if there is even a thought that I might not be doing the
right thing, then tell me so too please?
This is far briefer than the last post, but it is now nearly 3 am & I
am flagginfg for lack of sleep in three days now, so guess I had
better go and try and get some in case I do have to bring her home.
I don't want Lilly-Pads to be in there a moment longert than I have
to & will keep you all posted on how it goes later.
I will be around for the next half an hour or so, so if anyone is
still up, I would love to hear from you.
Grateful doesn't come near what i would like to thank you all for.
You have been a brilliant moral support & I thank you all for it too.
More updates when & if it all happens,but I intend to
SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE
OF THIS.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyWhenSheWasIll

Yes Bookie,lets spring her from confinement lol...
I can just see the headlines
"animal liber's go to jail,lol
S;o)