PDA

View Full Version : More Lilly updates

sheelagh
February 10th 07, 03:19 AM

> Best of luck to Lilly,
>
> Rhonda
Speaking of livid bookie....i didnt intend to insinuate that you were
callled Dave by the way, i was taking a thread from the other posting
that i thought you had read & adding it you yours,lol!!!
Anyway, the point is got you all as far as the visit.
I have just typed a mile of posting and the damed thing said it was
succesful, but when I looked there wasnt a single word of it
there.AAAGGGH, I could Scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ross and I mad ehte appointment to go and see poor old Lilly who as
you all know has been there all on ther tod since thursday lunchtime.
Speaking of livid bookie....I didnt intend to insinuate that you were
called Dave by the way, I was taking a thread from the other posting
that I thought you had read & adding it you yours,lol!!!
I will copy and paste it to this one so that you understand what I
meant,ok?
Anyway, the point is got you all as far as the visit.
I have just typed a mile of posting and the damed thing said it was
succesful, but when I looked there wasnt a single word of it
there.AAAGGGH, I could Scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ross and I made the appointment to go and see poor old Lilly who as
you all know has been there all on ther tod since thursday lunchtime.
We were cordialy informed that we might be welcome to do so between
5-5.30 pm, so we got there @5 on the dot...& we waited,... & we
waited.... & by 6pm, she called us into her cubby hole and showed me
the xray that she had taken.
In The Grubby old thing she showed us that there was a dark area,so I
asked what it was & she told me that she had no idea @ all, that Lilly
had been given an enenema to clear her bowel because she was
constipated, & that she had a look at the bowel, but couldn't work out
what it was, so she massaged it along a bit in the hope that it would
work it's way out eventually.
I then asked how the operation went & she said it went fairly well,
but it was a bit touch and go regarding septacemia, that she couldn't
make any promises, but that she was also optomistic about her
(baring in mind that I know full well that no one has even bothered to
look at her since thursday lunch time, you can imagine how hard it was
for my to stand on my tongue and not simply let [email protected] her.Especially
for those of you who know me- you will appreciate it was like folding
in a tornado of abuse)
Snow my back side, Paul made it to barnwell, so she could have come to
work, she simply pulled a sicky and blamed it on the snow!
She (BTW She is always the vet)
Having apologized & told me that it was simply beyond her control,
after admiting to Paul that she had sick horses, which was why she
went home on thurdsday afternoon, so that was the last time that Lilly
got any treatment or care...it really was all I could do not to launch
into full throttle...
once I had swalled that bitter pill, I asked her how she felt about
the prognosis was, & she took us both out to the back where she she
keeps all of her inmates (prisoners, for our american freinds)..& one
look at Lilly was enough to make me howl with tears, even Ross too...
She was lying there patheticaly and listlessly. We were already warned
that she was sedated, had a drip in because she was a touch
dehdrated...
(well of course she was, no one fed her or gave her any water since
the day previous at lunch time!!)
The moment she heard our voices though, her little head perked up &
she cried and meowled for us to come to her- she lolooked so
vulnerable and pathetic too, with green mucky eys,one of her front
paws straped up with her drip & oviously she must havew felt terribly
sore too with the spaying been done?
I then thought of lots of questions such as "do you think it is
possible that she might have had a stroke", to which the answer was a
catogorical NO!
"why do you think that she is drooling still", was answered with, "I
think it might be for attention"...funny because she has never done
that before....
"why do you think she was coughing", was
"I have no idea, but it isn't so bad now, is it"?
Is it possible that she might have a touch of flu"
Answer again was
"No"!
Are you giving her antibiotics for the eye infection",
Answer was
"No, I gave her a shot a couple of days ago so that should help clear
it".
"Don't you think a few more might help if she had/has septacemia"
Answer was , "she can't take anything orally, but when she is ready we
could try again"....
OMG..What do we do in the meantime? Wait for to die?
Anger goes beyond how I feel right now....
She left us at that point & I was cursing myself for a fool for not
taking my camera, so I got Ross to take a few on my mobile(cell
phone!!)..which the nurse herd so came to investigate what was
happening..
I explained that we were taking a few snaps for the rest of the
children to see as we felt it would be inappropriate to bring all 4 of
them...it usually works, & did this time too, but she asked us to ask
next time BTW-The nurse was her daughter today...Interesting, hey?
Whilst the nuse was there, I took the opportunity to ask her what time
their observations were done during the night, but she didn't know
because she didn't do lates...meanwhile Ross was giving me very
pointed stare's so i shut up because I realised that he must have had
his reasons to that..& he did
He mananged to find Lilly's notes, in which it states that the last
ob's are done @ 5.30 pm- the next ones are done the following mornig @
8.30 am
So we were right, there is no night cover at all... I am so sadened by
this.
In all the years I have used her, I have never had an overnight
patient with her, or I would have known &NEVER have takewn LILLY there
@ all....
Lilly was as delighted as we were, & even though she was sedated, she
crawled to the front of ther cage and did head rubs, a bit of slobbery
drooling, but it did stop afer a while once we were there for around
20 mins or so;it stopped completely too??
We played I love you, Kissy kissy, cuddles & talk in a silly high
voice which made her purr forever, but I noticed that her mouth was
open all the while we were there. Am I right in thinking that cats
open their mouths to pant? I wondered this becuse the heater was right
under her cage...it was ever so hot there... she loved seeing us
though & it was heart braking to leave her bewcause she wanted to come
with us too-I cried, I don't mind admitting it either. I hated it!!!
All too soon it came time to leave and we were gently reminded it was
closing time:o(
IT WAS MORE THAN WONDERFUL TO SEE HER AGAIN- I DID FEAR THAT I NEVER
WOULD
I am going to have to do something a bit later this morning because I
CAN'T LEAVE HER THERE!
It is a really dingy hole out the back & I wouldn't leave lilly's pet
cockroach there, seriously!!
In an ideal world "Bookie" ... I would like to take her to a vetinary
clinic in Hutingdon callled the CROMWELL SURGERY, ever heard of it?
The reason I say this is because it comes personally recommended by a
lady who runs a cattery in the village- & if they are good enough for
her, then I am more than sure they would be for me.....
Rhonda ~& Cindy, I would love to bring her home,. but with the line I
am terrified that I might mess up.
If you honestly feel that I can do it, I would. There is no place like
home, but if there is even a thought that I might not be doing the
right thing, then tell me so too please?
This is far briefer than the last post, but it is now nearly 3 am & I
am flagginfg for lack of sleep in three days now, so guess I had
better go and try and get some in case I do have to bring her home.
I don't want Lilly-Pads to be in there a moment longert than I have
to & will keep you all posted on how it goes later.
I will be around for the next half an hour or so, so if anyone is
still up, I would love to hear from you.
Grateful doesn't come near what i would like to thank you all for.
You have been a brilliant moral support & I thank you all for it too.
More updates when & if it all happens,but I intend to
SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE
OF THIS.
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyWhenSheWasIll

Barry
February 10th 07, 03:46 AM
On Feb 9, 10:19 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE
> OF THIS.http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyWhenSheWasIll

Based on what you posted
I would, line and all. (I assume you mean IV?)

They will instruct you of any special care.

Tell me this is not the mother who just had kittens?

Yes, try to get some rest.
--

You have every right to be totally ****ed, but being ****ed right now
is a drain on you.

Later, when the dust settles, I would have a word with the vet.

The right thing to do would have been NOTIFY you that she had to care
for sick horses.
The vet should have had Lilly moved to another facility! All of this
song and dance was
not necessary; it was undo duress on Lilly and her family.

ALL SHE HAD TO DO WAS MAKE A FEW CALLS

WORST! She put your Lilly on the line! DIDN'T SHE!

I hope you haven't paid her yet, I'd tell her to stick her ****ty
practice back up her arse.

Tell her to call me! I need something to flame anyway.

Barrys

Lynne
February 10th 07, 03:52 AM
on Sat, 10 Feb 2007 03:19:00 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyWhenSheWasIll

Oh, Sheelagh, these photos and your description of her condition are
absolutely heartbreaking. I am so sorry Lilly and you are going through
this.

I understand the fear you must have for leaving her there, but I don't
see that you had any choice tonight. You must be beside yourself with
uncertainty and anger. You have always said such positive things about
this vet, but to leave her patients unsupervised for so long is
unforgiveable. She should have arranged for someone to tend to them
while she tended to her horses. No question about it.

I'm almost always one to pull my animals out of the hospital and
administer their care at home, but she's just had major abdominal surgery
and if it's true she has septicemia, she needs to be in a hospital on IV
antibiotics. Septicemia is very dangerous, and often fatal. I'm very
concerned that Lilly has only had an injection of antibiotics several
days ago. Sheelagh, she needs to get to a hospital and she needs the
proper care. So get some sleep, then get up and make some phone calls in
order to figure out where you can take her, then transport her there very
gently. Stay calm and focused and take care of your girl, and let us
know when she is safely in the care of someone who can really help her.

--
Lynne

sheelagh
February 10th 07, 04:18 AM
On 10 Feb, 03:46, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Feb 9, 10:19 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> > SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE
> > OF THIS.http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyWhenSheWasIll
>
> Based on what you posted
> I would, line and all. (I assume you mean IV?)
>
> They will instruct you of any special care.
>
> Tell me this is not the mother who just had kittens?

NO IT IS THE SMALL FAT HAIRY ONE (DON'T YOU DARE ASK....)
There is a link ther, you can have a look @ her, but the pics aren't
very good.
It is the birman @ vets, the mummy and kitties are all snuggled up
here right now

> Yes, try to get some rest.
I will, just had to have a laugh first & you made me laugh sure
enough,
Have you heard that I am your sychophant lol....
> You have every right to be totally ****ed, but being ****ed right now
> is a drain on you.
> You don't need any more holes in your cup.
>
> Later, when the dust settles, I would have a word with the vet.
>
> The right thing to do would have been NOTIFY you that she had to care
> for sick horses.
> The vet should have had Lilly moved to another facility! All of this
> song and dance was
> not necessary; it was undo duress on Lilly and her family.
>
> ALL SHE HAD TO DO WAS MAKE A FEW CALLS
>
> WORST! She put your Lilly on the line! DIDN'T SHE!
Now that was unforgivable, beleive me?!!!
> I hope you haven't paid her yet, I'd tell her to stick her ****ty
> practice back up her arse.
I gave the silly moo heffer(cow) about 90 on wednesday, damned idiot,
aren't I?
> Tell her to call me! I need something to flame anyway.
I would so love to be a fly on the wall:o)
> Barrys

BIG TIME LOL'S ON THAT ONE MATE
S:o)

sheelagh
February 10th 07, 04:25 AM
On 10 Feb, 03:52, Lynne > wrote:
> on Sat, 10 Feb 2007 03:19:00 GMT, "sheelagh"
>
> > wrote:
> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyWhenSheWasIll
>
> Oh, Sheelagh, these photos and your description of her condition are
> absolutely heartbreaking. I am so sorry Lilly and you are going through
> this.
>
> I understand the fear you must have for leaving her there, but I don't
> see that you had any choice tonight. You must be beside yourself with
> uncertainty and anger. You have always said such positive things about
> this vet, but to leave her patients unsupervised for so long is
> unforgiveable. She should have arranged for someone to tend to them
> while she tended to her horses. No question about it.
>
> I'm almost always one to pull my animals out of the hospital and
> administer their care at home, but she's just had major abdominal surgery
> and if it's true she has septicemia, she needs to be in a hospital on IV
> antibiotics. Septicemia is very dangerous, and often fatal. I'm very
> concerned that Lilly has only had an injection of antibiotics several
> days ago. Sheelagh, she needs to get to a hospital and she needs the
> proper care. So get some sleep, then get up and make some phone calls in
> order to figure out where you can take her, then transport her there very
> gently. Stay calm and focused and take care of your girl, and let us
> know when she is safely in the care of someone who can really help her.
>
> --
> Lynne

Thank you Lynne, you have just made up my mind for me.
I am going to ring the cromwell vetinary surgery & ask them if they
are willing to take lilly's care on from hence forth. I just don't
want to go in there calling another practise terrible!I can get
transport because I do drive 7 it is only 10miles down the road, so
should be ok- it comes recomended by another rescuer/cattery in the
village so I am optomistic

I am trying to think of how to explain that I have lost all faith in
her because it never sounds good one your pulling another practise to
pieces, does it?
If you can think of a way to explain, then I would love to hear it?
Thank you Lynne
S;o)

Barry
February 10th 07, 04:40 AM
On Feb 9, 11:18 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> NO IT IS THE SMALL FAT HAIRY ONE (DON'T YOU DARE ASK....)

My lips are sealed!

> There is a link ther, you can have a look @ her, but the pics aren't
> very good.

better than my web cam for sure!

> > Yes, try to get some rest.
>
> I will, just had to have a laugh first & you made me laugh sure
> enough,
> Have you heard that I am your sychophant lol....

check your mail.

> I would so love to be a fly on the wall:o)

I'd tear her down to the white meat.

> > Barrys
>
> BIG TIME LOL'S ON THAT ONE MATE
> S:o)

d'jew read my post in rfc?
rec.food.cooking, subj: BURN
yule see why Im up

February 10th 07, 05:39 AM
"sheelagh" > wrote:

>I am trying to think of how to explain that I have lost all faith in
>her because it never sounds good one your pulling another practise to
>pieces, does it?
>If you can think of a way to explain, then I would love to hear it?
>Thank you Lynne

Why not just say you want 24 hour staffing (assuming Cromwell does) -
that should reason enough.

I've been reading this whole thread tonight and that vet is a
disaster!

Good luck to you and Lilly!

mlbriggs
February 10th 07, 06:16 AM
On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 19:19:00 -0800, sheelagh wrote:

> [...]
> If you honestly feel that I can do it, I would. There is no place like
> home, but if there is even a thought that I might not be doing the
> right thing, then tell me so too please?
> This is far briefer than the last post, but it is now nearly 3 am & I
> am flagginfg for lack of sleep in three days now, so guess I had
> better go and try and get some in case I do have to bring her home.
> I don't want Lilly-Pads to be in there a moment longert than I have
> to & will keep you all posted on how it goes later.
> I will be around for the next half an hour or so, so if anyone is
> still up, I would love to hear from you.
> Grateful doesn't come near what i would like to thank you all for.
> You have been a brilliant moral support & I thank you all for it too.
> More updates when & if it all happens,but I intend to
> SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE

Sending non-stop purrs that Lily will recover her health. MLB

Alan
February 10th 07, 06:25 AM
HOLY **** SHEELAGH!!
I just saw the pics you had posted on your link. Your pet looks like a stray
on it's way to be euthanized at the pound. If your beloved critter was
healthy on drop off and has regressed to the pathetic state your photo's
illustrate, there is something afoot there and it ain't rambunctious
kittens! If it is infection, or bad reaction to anethesia your vet best be
showing some action or you show the vet some venom. Get away from the
golldurn computer and get hot on taking care of your charge. To envoke the
the sympathy you seem to need and get you into action - Play momma cat to
your Lilly. Be a bitch. Hiss and spit (so to speak) to the vet and, I
reiterate, if in your gut, you aren't happy with the proceedings, grab your
Lilly and move her to a place where she can be properly diagnosed and looked
after. There are two sides to every issue and I won't say your vet is a bad
one but he/she sure looks to be dropping the ball on this one.
I'm done.
Alan

"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> [...]
> If you honestly feel that I can do it, I would. There is no place like
> home, but if there is even a thought that I might not be doing the
> right thing, then tell me so too please?
> This is far briefer than the last post, but it is now nearly 3 am & I
> am flagginfg for lack of sleep in three days now, so guess I had
> better go and try and get some in case I do have to bring her home.
> I don't want Lilly-Pads to be in there a moment longert than I have
> to & will keep you all posted on how it goes later.
> I will be around for the next half an hour or so, so if anyone is
> still up, I would love to hear from you.
> Grateful doesn't come near what i would like to thank you all for.
> You have been a brilliant moral support & I thank you all for it too.
> More updates when & if it all happens,but I intend to
> SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE

February 10th 07, 07:15 AM
Sheelagh, I'm so glad you're getting her out of there. You may be
rescuing her just in time.

That vet has no business treating her. Sounds like she's just guessing
what it wrong.

Vets are not gods, and not authority figures to be afraid of. Vets are
just humans and they make mistakes -- but they should never act as yours
has. This is life and death for your cat and you don't have to apologize
or make excuses as to why you are taking her somewhere else. I know that
many people in England are very nice and very subtle, but you can't let
anything get in the way of saving your cat.

I'm so relieved you are getting her out of there. Don't back down,
Lilly's health is more important right now than stepping on the vet's toes!

Poor little thing, let us know how she's doing tomorrow.

Rhonda

sheelagh wrote:
> but I intend to
> SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE
> OF THIS.
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyWhenSheWasIll

Barry
February 10th 07, 10:00 AM
On Feb 10, 12:39 am, wrote:

> I've been reading this whole thread tonight and that vet is a
> disaster!
>
> Good luck to you and Lilly!

I think the vet is competent for the task at hand (at this point)
I think sheelagh should let them fix Lilly up.

Think about it, why should the cat be moved around uneccessarily.

Sheelagh has spoke well of this vet...

Sure, the vet has shot herself in the foot, but she is a vet none the
less.

I think she should stay put and let the vet finish what she started
(easier on Lilly).

I think it's safe to say this vet wouldn't dare neglect Lilly at this
point, Sheelagh can settle the score with this vet after Lilly is
home.

Barry

bookie
February 10th 07, 02:29 PM
On 10 Feb, 03:19, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> [...]
> If you honestly feel that I can do it, I would. There is no place like
> home, but if there is even a thought that I might not be doing the
> right thing, then tell me so too please?
> This is far briefer than the last post, but it is now nearly 3 am & I
> am flagginfg for lack of sleep in three days now, so guess I had
> better go and try and get some in case I do have to bring her home.
> I don't want Lilly-Pads to be in there a moment longert than I have
> to & will keep you all posted on how it goes later.
> I will be around for the next half an hour or so, so if anyone is
> still up, I would love to hear from you.
> Grateful doesn't come near what i would like to thank you all for.
> You have been a brilliant moral support & I thank you all for it too.
> More updates when & if it all happens,but I intend to
> SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE

yes cromwell is on the reccomended list of the feline advisory board
and therefore is a good place (they have very high standards) so take
her there asap if you can. can you get to cambridge at all? the animal
hospital there is very good, linked to the university and they always
have 24 hours cover (a lot of my frineds had to do week long stays
there living in as part fo their training to be vets, is excellent
place).

btw I am not livid cos you caleld me dave (been called much worse in
my time) just livid at whole sorry situation and the blatant
incompetence fo your vet. if you want you can give me the practice
name and I will report her to anyone and everyone i can think of

bookie

bookie
February 10th 07, 02:34 PM

> I think it's safe to say this vet wouldn't dare neglect Lilly at this
> point, Sheelagh can settle the score with this vet after Lilly is
> home.
>
> Barry

if she ever gets home that is....

bookie
February 10th 07, 02:44 PM
> Vets are not gods, and not authority figures to be afraid of. Vets are
> just humans and they make mistakes

I agree! having spent some years at college with a number of them in
training, and many nights in pubs with some of them drinking I know
how human they can be, and fallible too. Any vet who tries to make me
be in awe of them gets a right mouthful from me, they are there to
provide a service and care for animals not make clients feel small.

when our family cat tegan was diagnosed with astomach tumour last
january the first vet to see her wanted to put her down straight away,
despite fact that tegan was eatign drinking, platying, being the usual
naughty tortie she had always been, no drop in quality of life and
putting her to sleep woudl not ave been neccesary at that point. Of
coursemy dad and brother justy thought that the vet knwos best and
went alogn with it, and then I drove down to see tegan (yes
unannounced of course, mid afternoon) and saw that she was not in such
a sorry state as they had made out, saw scans, and asked for a second
opinion and to talk to the nurses who backed up what i thougth that
she was not at deaths doors just yet. we took tegan home and she had
about 6 more months with us and was able to fall asleep peacfully at
home inher familiar surroundings with people who loved her around her,
much better than a premature lethal injection. It also gave us time to
prepare for it too.

I may sound bolshy but i am not in awe of vets and if i think
something is not quite right I challenge it and ask for evidence or a
second opinion. My animals depend on me to try to do the best for them
and that is why i do it, they can't speak for themselves so i have to.

now please report back that you have removed her and taken her to
cromwell in huntingdon
bookie

February 10th 07, 03:07 PM
"Barry" > wrote:

>On Feb 10, 12:39 am, wrote:
>
>> I've been reading this whole thread tonight and that vet is a
>> disaster!
>>
>> Good luck to you and Lilly!
>
>I think the vet is competent for the task at hand (at this point)
>I think sheelagh should let them fix Lilly up.
>
>Think about it, why should the cat be moved around uneccessarily.
>
>Sheelagh has spoke well of this vet...
>

>I think she should stay put and let the vet finish what she started
>(easier on Lilly).
>
>I think it's safe to say this vet wouldn't dare neglect Lilly at this
>point, Sheelagh can settle the score with this vet after Lilly is
>home.
>
>Barry

The way I understand it is that Lilly will go unattended between 5 and
8 in the morning and nobody will be there on Sundays. If a cat comes
down with a post op fever you need to catch it right away, not the
next day.

I think *if* the cat is safe to transport, then it must go for better
post op care.

>Sure, the vet has shot herself in the foot, but she is a vet none the
>less.

Large animal rural vets usually aren't the best solution to domestic
pets.

Lynne
February 10th 07, 03:21 PM
on Sat, 10 Feb 2007 05:39:07 GMT, wrote:

> Why not just say you want 24 hour staffing (assuming Cromwell does) -
> that should reason enough.

I agree. This is the least confrontational way to approach this, Sheelagh.
I think that at such a stressful time, the last thing you need is an
argument with this vet. Save that discussion for when Lilly is better.

--
Lynne

mariib via CatKB.com
February 10th 07, 04:47 PM
delurking - it looks like Liily is now away from this vet & either home or
moved somewhere else: go to sheelagh's link showing the pictures of Lilly
being (mis-)treated at her (?large-animal) vet
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyWhenSheWasIll & click on
the blue link in the upper left corner "sheelagh's public gallery" & you will
see the top left picture "lilly is sprung from jail" & there's several
pictures showing her today out of the vet! Great news - she looks to be OK -
it's been a little confusing following this thread.
M.

Rhonda wrote:
>Sheelagh, I'm so glad you're getting her out of there. You may be
>rescuing her just in time.
>
>That vet has no business treating her. Sounds like she's just guessing
>what it wrong.
>
>Vets are not gods, and not authority figures to be afraid of. Vets are
>just humans and they make mistakes -- but they should never act as yours
>has. This is life and death for your cat and you don't have to apologize
>or make excuses as to why you are taking her somewhere else. I know that
>many people in England are very nice and very subtle, but you can't let
>anything get in the way of saving your cat.
>
>I'm so relieved you are getting her out of there. Don't back down,
>Lilly's health is more important right now than stepping on the vet's toes!
>
>Poor little thing, let us know how she's doing tomorrow.
>
>Rhonda
>
> > but I intend to
>> SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE
>> OF THIS.
>> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyWhenSheWasIll

mariib via CatKB.com
February 10th 07, 05:06 PM
delurking again - someone better than me sort out what I'm seeing here
because it's even more confusing now that I look more carefully at the picasa
album "lilly is sprung from jail" dated today Feb 10, 07 - but the details of
the individual pictures (on the right of each picture) say Dec 13, 06. What
am I missing here? An earlier illness or some other problem with Lilly back
in December that I didn't see back then? Anyway, I hope she is well & home.
M.

Rhonda wrote:
>Sheelagh, I'm so glad you're getting her out of there. You may be
>rescuing her just in time.
>
>That vet has no business treating her. Sounds like she's just guessing
>what it wrong.
>
>Vets are not gods, and not authority figures to be afraid of. Vets are
>just humans and they make mistakes -- but they should never act as yours
>has. This is life and death for your cat and you don't have to apologize
>or make excuses as to why you are taking her somewhere else. I know that
>many people in England are very nice and very subtle, but you can't let
>anything get in the way of saving your cat.
>
>I'm so relieved you are getting her out of there. Don't back down,
>Lilly's health is more important right now than stepping on the vet's toes!
>
>Poor little thing, let us know how she's doing tomorrow.
>
>Rhonda
>
> > but I intend to
>> SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE
>> OF THIS.
>> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyWhenSheWasIll

sheelagh
February 10th 07, 05:45 PM
On 10 Feb, 17:06, "mariib via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> delurking again - someone better than me sort out what I'm seeing here
> because it's even more confusing now that I look more carefully at the picasa
> album "lilly is sprung from jail" dated today Feb 10, 07 - but the details of
> the individual pictures (on the right of each picture) say Dec 13, 06. What
> am I missing here? An earlier illness or some other problem with Lilly back
> in December that I didn't see back then? Anyway, I hope she is well & home.
> M.
>

> Rhonda wrote:
> >Sheelagh, I'm so glad you're getting her out of there. You may be
> >rescuing her just in time.
>
> >That vet has no business treating her. Sounds like she's just guessing
> >what it wrong.
>
> >Vets are not gods, and not authority figures to be afraid of. Vets are
> >just humans and they make mistakes -- but they should never act as yours
> >has. This is life and death for your cat and you don't have to apologize
> >or make excuses as to why you are taking her somewhere else. I know that
> >many people in England are very nice and very subtle, but you can't let
> >anything get in the way of saving your cat.
>
> >I'm so relieved you are getting her out of there. Don't back down,
> >Lilly's health is more important right now than stepping on the vet's toes!
>
> >Poor little thing, let us know how she's doing tomorrow.
>
> >Rhonda
>
> > > but I intend to
> >> SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE
> >> OF THIS.
> >>http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyWhenSheWasIll

How clever you are..
Well done, you are right, she is and the post should arrive any moment
S;o)
Ps: thanks to you all

sheelagh
February 10th 07, 05:59 PM
On 10 Feb, 14:44, "bookie" > wrote:
> > Vets are not gods, and not authority figures to be afraid of. Vets are
> > just humans and they make mistakes
>
> I agree! having spent some years at college with a number of them in
> training, and many nights in pubs with some of them drinking I know
> how human they can be, and fallible too. Any vet who tries to make me
> be in awe of them gets a right mouthful from me, they are there to
> provide a service and care for animals not make clients feel small.
>
> when our family cat tegan was diagnosed with astomach tumour last
> january the first vet to see her wanted to put her down straight away,
> despite fact that tegan was eatign drinking, platying, being the usual
> naughty tortie she had always been, no drop in quality of life and
> putting her to sleep woudl not ave been neccesary at that point. Of
> coursemy dad and brother justy thought that the vet knwos best and
> went alogn with it, and then I drove down to see tegan (yes
> unannounced of course, mid afternoon) and saw that she was not in such
> a sorry state as they had made out, saw scans, and asked for a second
> opinion and to talk to the nurses who backed up what i thougth that
> she was not at deaths doors just yet. we took tegan home and she had
> about 6 more months with us and was able to fall asleep peacfully at
> home inher familiar surroundings with people who loved her around her,
> much better than a premature lethal injection. It also gave us time to
> prepare for it too.
>
> I may sound bolshy but i am not in awe of vets and if i think
> something is not quite right I challenge it and ask for evidence or a
> second opinion. My animals depend on me to try to do the best for them
> and that is why i do it, they can't speak for themselves so i have to.
>
> now please report back that you have removed her and taken her to
> cromwell in huntingdon
> bookie

Hail, lilly the slobber is free...
We marched her down to Huntingdon & got her seen by the vet there who
told us the best place for her is home.
He has given us a drip and taught us how to put a line in for her,
but Only if she stops drinking...
Currently she is eating like a horse....& drinking like an english
football hooligan too!!
She looks absolutely disgusting, but it should pass with the
antibiotics we have been given, & she should look a bit better in a
few days

The cheif slobber Lilly is delighted, & so are we now that we have
helped her escape with diplomacy rather than a file lol;o)
I can't believe that the Lilly you can see in some of the other photos
on the link to Lilly has escaped is the same cat that was totally
igniored for 36 hours when she was desperately ill and needed help...
I am never going back to the cat prison again.....She was not treated
with the respect that she charged me for quite frankly!!
S;o)
So nice to have her ALIVE & HOME

sheelagh
February 10th 07, 06:13 PM
On 10 Feb, 10:00, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Feb 10, 12:39 am, wrote:
>
> > I've been reading this whole thread tonight and that vet is a
> > disaster!
>
> > Good luck to you and Lilly!
>
> I think the vet is competent for the task at hand (at this point)
> I think sheelagh should let them fix Lilly up.
>
> Think about it, why should the cat be moved around uneccessarily.
>
> Sheelagh has spoke well of this vet...
>
> Sure, the vet has shot herself in the foot, but she is a vet none the
> less.
>
> I think she should stay put and let the vet finish what she started
> (easier on Lilly).
>
> I think it's safe to say this vet wouldn't dare neglect Lilly at this
> point, Sheelagh can settle the score with this vet after Lilly is
> home.
>
> Barry

OK, So what ...lol, you were right & I did do as you said in the end,
but as you wouid say.....
SUKKERS<ROFLOL,
I took photos of her care notes as a momento of the occasion lol
S;o)
My baby is home again
Ok so it is 367.34 lighter, but she is alive ($680ish)

sheelagh
February 10th 07, 06:18 PM
On 10 Feb, 06:25, "Alan" > wrote:
> [...]
> > If you honestly feel that I can do it, I would. There is no place like
> > home, but if there is even a thought that I might not be doing the
> > right thing, then tell me so too please?
> > This is far briefer than the last post, but it is now nearly 3 am & I
> > am flagginfg for lack of sleep in three days now, so guess I had
> > better go and try and get some in case I do have to bring her home.
> > I don't want Lilly-Pads to be in there a moment longert than I have
> > to & will keep you all posted on how it goes later.
> > I will be around for the next half an hour or so, so if anyone is
> > still up, I would love to hear from you.
> > Grateful doesn't come near what i would like to thank you all for.
> > You have been a brilliant moral support & I thank you all for it too.
> > More updates when & if it all happens,but I intend to
> > SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE

The temptation was more than you could possibly know.

Everyone knows that you DON'T MESS with a MOTHERS CUBS, don't
they???????
Well, I gues all is well that ends well in the end, eh?
She looks like she has been dragged through a hedge backwards on a
stormy day, but she is alive and that is all that matters right now.
When I have had a few days sleep to get over it, my next project will
be
How to get the Vets bill down, especially for night care( I couldn't
believe my eyes when I saw the charge for that one!!)
Thanks and very soothing purrs from us all here x

sheelagh
February 10th 07, 06:47 PM
We got her Rhonda:o)
She was so pleased to see us too.
If nothing else I have learnt so much from this experience

Unfortunately, the trust link has completely broken down with this
vet, which is actually really sad. I never knew then what I know now
though, because I had never gone out the back of her surgery before we
visited Lilly. In the past, we have always just dropped our cat's off
to be either spayed or neutered, so there was never a need to.
Even the odd cat I have taken up there that has been ill or needed
help with has never given me cause to look out there either.(ie: Lucy
(fur!!), was simply taken out back and handed back to us when the work
was done;we have never had a long term stay before....

I can't tell you how pleased I was to get her out & even Lilly seemed
more than delighted too..she was pushing her head so far up against
the Barr's of her carrier, that I thought she would have bar marks all
over her face, lol
I don't think we will have any trouble disputing the over night care
there, but I can categorically say that she did tell me that she only
injected her twice with antibiotics, yet we have a string of bills for
drugs I have never heard of & don't appear to be on her chart either.
I hate having to dispute it, but why should we pay for something Lilly
didnt get?
I will have to sleep on that one I think.
Thanks for all the advice and support from everyone
S;o)

Rhonda
February 10th 07, 07:05 PM
I'm sure it is sad that the trust is gone with this vet, but it's also a
good thing to know for the next time when you have a cat in very bad
shape. I'm glad you didn't have to lose one to learn what you learned.

You should get some money taken off of that bill -- maybe the cat rescue
group you contacted has someone that could help with that too.

Give Lilly a scritch from me. She is probably still purring about being
home.

Rhonda

sheelagh wrote:
> We got her Rhonda:o)
> She was so pleased to see us too.
> If nothing else I have learnt so much from this experience
>
> Unfortunately, the trust link has completely broken down with this
> vet, which is actually really sad. I never knew then what I know now
> though, because I had never gone out the back of her surgery before we
> visited Lilly. In the past, we have always just dropped our cat's off
> to be either spayed or neutered, so there was never a need to.
> Even the odd cat I have taken up there that has been ill or needed
> help with has never given me cause to look out there either.(ie: Lucy
> (fur!!), was simply taken out back and handed back to us when the work
> was done;we have never had a long term stay before....
>
> I can't tell you how pleased I was to get her out & even Lilly seemed
> more than delighted too..she was pushing her head so far up against
> the Barr's of her carrier, that I thought she would have bar marks all
> over her face, lol
> I don't think we will have any trouble disputing the over night care
> there, but I can categorically say that she did tell me that she only
> injected her twice with antibiotics, yet we have a string of bills for
> drugs I have never heard of & don't appear to be on her chart either.
> I hate having to dispute it, but why should we pay for something Lilly
> didnt get?
> I will have to sleep on that one I think.
> Thanks for all the advice and support from everyone
> S;o)

sheelagh
February 10th 07, 07:16 PM
On 10 Feb, 19:05, Rhonda > wrote:
> I'm sure it is sad that the trust is gone with this vet, but it's also a
> good thing to know for the next time when you have a cat in very bad
> shape. I'm glad you didn't have to lose one to learn what you learned.
>
> You should get some money taken off of that bill -- maybe the cat rescue
> group you contacted has someone that could help with that too.
>
> Give Lilly a scritch from me. She is probably still purring about being
> home.
>
> Rhonda
>

> sheelagh wrote:
> > We got her Rhonda:o)
> > She was so pleased to see us too.
> > If nothing else I have learnt so much from this experience
>
> > Unfortunately, the trust link has completely broken down with this
> > vet, which is actually really sad. I never knew then what I know now
> > though, because I had never gone out the back of her surgery before we
> > visited Lilly. In the past, we have always just dropped our cat's off
> > to be either spayed or neutered, so there was never a need to.
> > Even the odd cat I have taken up there that has been ill or needed
> > help with has never given me cause to look out there either.(ie: Lucy
> > (fur!!), was simply taken out back and handed back to us when the work
> > was done;we have never had a long term stay before....
>
> > I can't tell you how pleased I was to get her out & even Lilly seemed
> > more than delighted too..she was pushing her head so far up against
> > the Barr's of her carrier, that I thought she would have bar marks all
> > over her face, lol
> > I don't think we will have any trouble disputing the over night care
> > there, but I can categorically say that she did tell me that she only
> > injected her twice with antibiotics, yet we have a string of bills for
> > drugs I have never heard of & don't appear to be on her chart either.
> > I hate having to dispute it, but why should we pay for something Lilly
> > didnt get?
> > I will have to sleep on that one I think.
> > Thanks for all the advice and support from everyone
> > S;o)- Hide quoted text -

Oh yes, Paul is doing it for you lol!
She is just explaining to daddy just exactly how, and where under the
chin she likes it best...she is very ill lookingm but I can assure you
that she knows exactly what she wants and when she wants it too.

When I said that we are her dslave's I actually meant it,hee hee >"o"<

You are right of course on the trust issue.
It could have been far worse, we could have lost her...couldn't we?
At least I now also have a vet that I know will care for my cats in a
manner that is humane, clean, with 24/7 care & not ever have to worry
whether my cat will be alive the following morning.. In fact, come to
think of it, rather like my kids, when they were is speacial care, I
will be able to ring day or night & ask how they are right now & get
an honest answer too.
Bliss!!
S;o)

bookie
February 10th 07, 07:48 PM
On 10 Feb, 18:13, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> On 10 Feb, 10:00, "Barry" > wrote:
>

> > On Feb 10, 12:39 am, wrote:
>
> > > I've been reading this whole thread tonight and that vet is a
> > > disaster!
>
> > > Good luck to you and Lilly!
>
> > I think the vet is competent for the task at hand (at this point)
> > I think sheelagh should let them fix Lilly up.
>
> > Think about it, why should the cat be moved around uneccessarily.
>
> > Sheelagh has spoke well of this vet...
>
> > Sure, the vet has shot herself in the foot, but she is a vet none the
> > less.
>
> > I think she should stay put and let the vet finish what she started
> > (easier on Lilly).
>
> > I think it's safe to say this vet wouldn't dare neglect Lilly at this
> > point, Sheelagh can settle the score with this vet after Lilly is
> > home.
>
> > Barry
>
> OK, So what ...lol, you were right & I did do as you said in the end,
> but as you wouid say.....
> SUKKERS<ROFLOL,
> I took photos of her care notes as a momento of the occasion lol
> S;o)
> My baby is home again
> Ok so it is 367.34 lighter, but she is alive ($680ish)- Hide quoted text -

thank god for that!!! now take her to the cromwell place in a few days
for a check up just to see that all is going well

you have done the right thing, very proud of you, bookie xx

bookie
February 10th 07, 08:02 PM
On 10 Feb, 19:16, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> [...]
> > > Thanks for all the advice and support from everyone
> > > S;o)- Hide quoted text -

> Oh yes, Paul is doing it for you lol!
> She is just explaining to daddy just exactly how, and where under the
> chin she likes it best...she is very ill lookingm but I can assure you
> that she knows exactly what she wants and when she wants it too.
>
> When I said that we are her dslave's I actually meant it,hee hee >"o"<
>
> You are right of course on the trust issue.
> It could have been far worse, we could have lost her...couldn't we?
> At least I now also have a vet that I know will care for my cats in a
> manner that is humane, clean, with 24/7 care & not ever have to worry
> whether my cat will be alive the following morning.. In fact, come to
> think of it, rather like my kids, when they were is speacial care, I
> will be able to ring day or night & ask how they are right now & get

when this is over and lilly is better yuo still need to make some sort
of report to the royal college of vet surgeons though, other people
need to know what has gone on, other owners of pets and also the
professional body who the vet is attached to. i am sure she must have
broken some codes of conduct in what she has done, or not done, in
this case. Remember; if you are not part of the solution then you are
part of the problem.

really very relieved that you have taken lilly away from there, as I
said before home is the best place for her right now with people on
hand to help her should something dreadful happen inthe night

please give her lots of hugs, kisses, cuddles, neck scritches, more
cuddles and kisses from me, she needs them now
bookie

Nany4Baby
February 10th 07, 09:03 PM
I just read the whole thread on poor little lilly....I am SOOOO livid
for you, but thrilled and proud that you have her home safe and
sound!!! PLEASE report all you have to the Royal College of Vet
Surgeons, and take her to the the other vet for a re-check to make
sure she is healing well.

Give Lilly many, many scritches, rubs, and treats!! Spoil her rotten!
You all deserve it! And cuddle with her lots - with your help she will
soon forget the torture chamber!

Chandra

Lump
February 10th 07, 10:17 PM
On Feb 10, 9:59 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> Hail, lilly the slobber is free...
> We marched her down to Huntingdon & got her seen by the vet there who
> told us the best place for her is home.
> He has given us a drip and taught us how to put a line in for her,
> but Only if she stops drinking...
> Currently she is eating like a horse....& drinking like an english
> football hooligan too!!
> She looks absolutely disgusting, but it should pass with the
> antibiotics we have been given, & she should look a bit better in a
> few days
>
> The cheif slobber Lilly is delighted, & so are we now that we have
> helped her escape with diplomacy rather than a file lol;o)
> I can't believe that the Lilly you can see in some of the other photos
> on the link to Lilly has escaped is the same cat that was totally
> igniored for 36 hours when she was desperately ill and needed help...
> I am never going back to the cat prison again.....She was not treated
> with the respect that she charged me for quite frankly!!
> S;o)
> So nice to have her ALIVE & HOME

I am so glad you have her home with you and that she's eating! I'm
very happy for you both and hope she keeps getting better and better.