PDA

View Full Version : Evangeline is doing very nicely

February 10th 07, 11:09 PM
She's turning into more my cat than Keyron's but that's to be expected.

Anyhow she's now our cat. No doubt about it. She actually sleeps in my
lap now, sleep next to or on me at night, and today a new behavior came
out.

She's a shoulder cat. I'm sitting at the dining room table playing with
a G4 Powerbook from work, and she hops up on the back of the chair and
then onto my right shoulder and sits there for a good 15 minutes.

Next month she goes and gets the stump of one fang removed and has a
general cleaning and she'll get her baseline bloodwork done then.

cybercat
February 11th 07, 01:53 AM
"T" > wrote in message
. ..
> She's turning into more my cat than Keyron's but that's to be expected.
>
> Anyhow she's now our cat. No doubt about it. She actually sleeps in my
> lap now, sleep next to or on me at night, and today a new behavior came
> out.
>
> She's a shoulder cat. I'm sitting at the dining room table playing with
> a G4 Powerbook from work, and she hops up on the back of the chair and
> then onto my right shoulder and sits there for a good 15 minutes.
>
> Next month she goes and gets the stump of one fang removed and has a
> general cleaning and she'll get her baseline bloodwork done then.

Glad to hear it!

cindys
February 11th 07, 04:18 AM
"T" > wrote in message
. ..
> She's turning into more my cat than Keyron's but that's to be expected.
>
> Anyhow she's now our cat. No doubt about it. She actually sleeps in my
> lap now, sleep next to or on me at night, and today a new behavior came
> out.
>
> She's a shoulder cat. I'm sitting at the dining room table playing with
> a G4 Powerbook from work, and she hops up on the back of the chair and
> then onto my right shoulder and sits there for a good 15 minutes.

You are so lucky to have her.

> Next month she goes and gets the stump of one fang removed and has a
> general cleaning and she'll get her baseline bloodwork done then.

When we adopted Bullwinkle, he was a mess (and that was after the rescue
group had cleaned him up - I shudder to think of what his condition was like
before!). He had been abandoned and possibly abused. When he was found, his
fur was matted and dirty, and he was covered with fleas. His family moved
away and left him (and his companion cat, Rocky) to fend for themselves. The
neighbors had been feeding the two cats for months and months. Amongst other
things, he also had a broken tooth and two infected claws that would not
resolve after two courses of antibiotics. So, he also went in for surgery
for a root canal (we had jokingly inquired about a crown, but I guess they
don't do that for cats ;-) and the two infected claws were also removed (at
my request - because I was worried the infection would go to osteomyelitis.)
Bullwinkle has turned out to be the sweetest, most wonderful, gentle loving
cat. It is beyond my imagination how anyone could have hurt him or abandoned
him (not necessarily in that order).

I wish you many wonderful years with Evangeline (as we have had with
Bullwinkle).
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cybercat
February 11th 07, 04:25 AM
"cindys" > wrote

> (we had jokingly inquired about a crown, but I guess they don't do that
> for cats ;-)

You were serious and you know it!

hahaha! You're a goner. He's a lucky cat. :)

Captain Bob
February 12th 07, 09:08 PM
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 18:09:08 -0500
T > wrote:

> Anyhow she's now our cat. No doubt about it. She actually sleeps in
> my lap now, sleep next to or on me at night, and today a new behavior
> came out.
>
> She's a shoulder cat. ......

> Next month she goes and gets the stump of one fang removed and has a
> general cleaning and she'll get her baseline bloodwork done then.

Sounds like mutual love to me! Lucky you! Lucky Evangeline!

Enjoy each other.

Bob

--
/"\
\ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign - Motor Vessel Tamara B

February 13th 07, 01:08 AM
In article >, cstein1
@rochester.rr.com says...

> "T" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > She's turning into more my cat than Keyron's but that's to be expected.
> >
> > Anyhow she's now our cat. No doubt about it. She actually sleeps in my
> > lap now, sleep next to or on me at night, and today a new behavior came
> > out.
> >
> > She's a shoulder cat. I'm sitting at the dining room table playing with
> > a G4 Powerbook from work, and she hops up on the back of the chair and
> > then onto my right shoulder and sits there for a good 15 minutes.
>
> You are so lucky to have her.
> >
> > Next month she goes and gets the stump of one fang removed and has a
> > general cleaning and she'll get her baseline bloodwork done then.
>
> When we adopted Bullwinkle, he was a mess (and that was after the rescue
> group had cleaned him up - I shudder to think of what his condition was like
> before!). He had been abandoned and possibly abused. When he was found, his
> fur was matted and dirty, and he was covered with fleas. His family moved
> away and left him (and his companion cat, Rocky) to fend for themselves. The
> neighbors had been feeding the two cats for months and months. Amongst other
> things, he also had a broken tooth and two infected claws that would not
> resolve after two courses of antibiotics. So, he also went in for surgery
> for a root canal (we had jokingly inquired about a crown, but I guess they
> don't do that for cats ;-) and the two infected claws were also removed (at
> my request - because I was worried the infection would go to osteomyelitis.)
> Bullwinkle has turned out to be the sweetest, most wonderful, gentle loving
> cat. It is beyond my imagination how anyone could have hurt him or abandoned
> him (not necessarily in that order).
>
> I wish you many wonderful years with Evangeline (as we have had with
> Bullwinkle).
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Thank you. Evangeline (Angie) has one broken fang that needs to be
removed so that'll be taken care of. While they're in they'll look at
her other teeth.

She's a real sweetie though. Becoming more and more attached to her.