PDA

View Full Version : Update on cat not eating


February 13th 07, 03:06 AM
All,

Thanks to all who have voiced their advice and concern. It looks like
Orion is gaining a little momentum and is starting to eat again. It
seems as if grief / stress may have been the cause of him stopping
eating. We found that if we get him to play with us a while before
eating, things go much better.

Rob

Cheryl
February 13th 07, 03:38 AM
On Mon 12 Feb 2007 10:06:39p, wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

> All,
>
> Thanks to all who have voiced their advice and concern. It
> looks like Orion is gaining a little momentum and is starting to
> eat again. It seems as if grief / stress may have been the
> cause of him stopping eating. We found that if we get him to
> play with us a while before eating, things go much better.
>
> Rob
>

Aw, bless his little broken heart. I'm glad you're seeing some
improvement.

--
Cheryl

February 13th 07, 12:26 PM
On 13 Feb 2007 03:38:06 GMT, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On Mon 12 Feb 2007 10:06:39p, wrote in
>rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Thanks to all who have voiced their advice and concern. It
>> looks like Orion is gaining a little momentum and is starting to
>> eat again. It seems as if grief / stress may have been the
>> cause of him stopping eating. We found that if we get him to
>> play with us a while before eating, things go much better.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>
>Aw, bless his little broken heart. I'm glad you're seeing some
>improvement.

His eating is still rather uneven, but at least we're seeing some
improvement.

cindys
February 13th 07, 12:50 PM
> wrote in message
...
> On 13 Feb 2007 03:38:06 GMT, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon 12 Feb 2007 10:06:39p, wrote in
>>rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Thanks to all who have voiced their advice and concern. It
>>> looks like Orion is gaining a little momentum and is starting to
>>> eat again. It seems as if grief / stress may have been the
>>> cause of him stopping eating. We found that if we get him to
>>> play with us a while before eating, things go much better.
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>
>>
>>Aw, bless his little broken heart. I'm glad you're seeing some
>>improvement.
>
> His eating is still rather uneven, but at least we're seeing some
> improvement.
-----------
Big sigh of relief. I'm really glad. You also may want to try the ProPlan
"Sardines and Tuna in Aspic." Our veterinary office has found that cats who
refuse to eat anything else will often eat this. It's available at PetSmart
and Petco or online at:

http://www.petfooddirect.com/store/product_detail.asp?pf%5Fid=3021415&dept%5Fid=6&brand%5Fid=291&Page=

Cuddles to Orion.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

February 14th 07, 12:08 AM
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:50:47 -0500, "cindys"
> wrote:

>
> wrote in message
...
>> On 13 Feb 2007 03:38:06 GMT, Cheryl >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>On Mon 12 Feb 2007 10:06:39p, wrote in
>>>rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:
>>>
>>>> All,
>>>>
>>>> Thanks to all who have voiced their advice and concern. It
>>>> looks like Orion is gaining a little momentum and is starting to
>>>> eat again. It seems as if grief / stress may have been the
>>>> cause of him stopping eating. We found that if we get him to
>>>> play with us a while before eating, things go much better.
>>>>
>>>> Rob
>>>>
>>>
>>>Aw, bless his little broken heart. I'm glad you're seeing some
>>>improvement.
>>
>> His eating is still rather uneven, but at least we're seeing some
>> improvement.
>-----------
>Big sigh of relief. I'm really glad. You also may want to try the ProPlan
>"Sardines and Tuna in Aspic." Our veterinary office has found that cats who
>refuse to eat anything else will often eat this. It's available at PetSmart
>and Petco or online at:
>
>http://www.petfooddirect.com/store/product_detail.asp?pf%5Fid=3021415&dept%5Fid=6&brand%5Fid=291&Page=
>
>Cuddles to Orion.
>Best regards,
>---Cindy S.
>

Thanks. We'll try it if we don't get much further.

Rob

dgk
February 14th 07, 01:00 PM
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:50:47 -0500, "cindys"
> wrote:


>Big sigh of relief. I'm really glad. You also may want to try the ProPlan
>"Sardines and Tuna in Aspic." Our veterinary office has found that cats who
>refuse to eat anything else will often eat this. It's available at PetSmart
>and Petco or online at:
>

That's the stuff my cats eat around. They love the aspic, but the
chunks of fish just sit there in the bowl when they're done. Cats are
weird.

cindys
February 14th 07, 09:53 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
...
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:50:47 -0500, "cindys"
> > wrote:
>
>
>>Big sigh of relief. I'm really glad. You also may want to try the ProPlan
>>"Sardines and Tuna in Aspic." Our veterinary office has found that cats
>>who
>>refuse to eat anything else will often eat this. It's available at
>>PetSmart
>>and Petco or online at:
>>
>
> That's the stuff my cats eat around. They love the aspic, but the
> chunks of fish just sit there in the bowl when they're done. Cats are
> weird.
----------
Some cats will do that with any type of chunky cat food.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Lynne
February 14th 07, 10:31 PM
on Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:53:08 GMT, "cindys" >
wrote:

> Some cats will do that with any type of chunky cat food.
> Best regards,

Yep. Rudy will only lick the gravy from food like that. He is finally
eating some of the canned Innova Evo, but I have to cut it up into bite
sized chunks for him. It is a sort of pate', no gravy.

Cats ARE weird, which is one of the main reasons I find them so adorable.

--
Lynne