PDA

View Full Version : When should a cat be fixed?

February 14th 07, 01:55 AM
I have a male kitten who is ? age for he just walked into my life when
he was just a handful and now he is alot bigger and was wondering at
what age should I get him nuetered?
We have alot of cats in this trailer and lord knows we dont need
another litter.

sheelagh
February 14th 07, 02:12 AM
On 14 Feb, 00:55, wrote:
> I have a male kitten who is ? age for he just walked into my life when
> he was just a handful and now he is a lot bigger and was wondering at
> what age should I get him neutered?
> We have a lot of cats in this trailer and lord knows we don't need
> another litter.

As soon as possible!
I think that the recommended age in the UK is around 5-6 months old- I
am not sure where you come from, but I think that would be about the
right age.
As long as you think/believe that Kittie has reached that age ( your
vet will be able to estimate for you if you really do have no idea
though).
I can assure you that you will thank your self a million times over
regarding this one.

It makes them cleaner, less likely to wander off looking for trollop
females who are being utterly floosey in front of him and tempting him
to do things that he really doesn't need to be doing.
If you manage to catch him before he reaches sexual maturity, he will
never spray either.
I used to breed cats, so take it from me that you will be saving
yourself a whole bunch of unwanted activities that are less than
desirable.
It makes them cleaner, stops unwanted procreation & also makes them
far more loving as pets as well. It is a fairly cheap procedure & also
one that you can get help towards if you happen to be on a low income
too
good luck & tell us how you get on please?
Thanks!
S;o)

Wendy
February 14th 07, 01:14 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have a male kitten who is ? age for he just walked into my life when
> he was just a handful and now he is alot bigger and was wondering at
> what age should I get him nuetered?
> We have alot of cats in this trailer and lord knows we dont need
> another litter.

Most will neuter once the cat is 5 lbs. If kitty has his adult canine teeth
he should be old enough.

Alan
February 14th 07, 05:52 PM
On 14 Feb, 00:55, wrote:
> I have a male kitten who is ? age for he just walked into my life when
> he was just a handful and now he is alot bigger and was wondering at
> what age should I get him nuetered?
> We have alot of cats in this trailer and lord knows we dont need
> another litter.

When they're big enough for him to notice when they're gone. ;-)

If he spends all day licking them then I'd say it's time.