PDA

View Full Version : possibly poisoned

shawnm
February 17th 07, 07:01 AM
Hi, I am new here but I have a real problem. My home is inundated with
animals and they all get along fine and I have never had a problem, but this
morning my 8 year old son accidently let our 6 month cat Marvin out and
Marvin returned at 11:30 smelling like gasoline or kerosene, drooling a
little and behaving badly( snarling at me). So I called the vet clinic and
noone answered, so then I bathed him, dryed him (now he is really angry)lol...
but I don't know what else to do and as it is friday night there will be
noone at the clinic over the weekend and I don't even know if there will be
Monday because it is a holiday. Anyone know what I should do if he swallowed
some of the gasoline/kerosene? He seems to be better now but what if he just
isn't showing signs yet? I think someone actually fed him this or poured it
on him, if I ever find out they did, I give them a taste of their own
medicine... why woul someone do a thing like that?

shawnm
February 17th 07, 07:08 AM
Oh when I say inundated I mean it. Two dogs, a lab, Baby, and a mix
shephard/lab/rot, Foxy Roxy, three cats, Marvin and Zach, both male, Marvin
is a gray/black/cream colored tabby, and Zach is a true white long haired
something, with blue eyes and deaf as a doornail, and Psycho Stud Muffin who
when little was mistaken for a male but at about six months the male turned
out to be a female in disguise,lol, she is white with yellow polka dots. She
is truly a people cat but does not share well with other cats even though she
loves the dogs..

shawnm wrote:
>Hi, I am new here but I have a real problem. My home is inundated with
>animals and they all get along fine and I have never had a problem, but this
>morning my 8 year old son accidently let our 6 month cat Marvin out and
>Marvin returned at 11:30 smelling like gasoline or kerosene, drooling a
>little and behaving badly( snarling at me). So I called the vet clinic and
>noone answered, so then I bathed him, dryed him (now he is really angry)lol...
>but I don't know what else to do and as it is friday night there will be
>noone at the clinic over the weekend and I don't even know if there will be
>Monday because it is a holiday. Anyone know what I should do if he swallowed
>some of the gasoline/kerosene? He seems to be better now but what if he just
>isn't showing signs yet? I think someone actually fed him this or poured it
>on him, if I ever find out they did, I give them a taste of their own
>medicine... why would someone do a thing like that?

Buddy's Mom
February 17th 07, 02:06 PM
Surely there is an emergency vet in your area? Take him there today.

On Feb 17, 4:30?am, Nomen Nescio > wrote:

shawnm via CatKB.com
February 18th 07, 07:15 AM
We tried all vet offices within a thirty mile radius but none of them were
open. So I gave him some milk and he vomited that back up, but he did eat and
drink water and had no problem, and now he is back to sucking on our ears and
demanding his due as prince of the castle so I think he will be fine, thank
heavens, daddy would not take it well at all if Marvin were ill. We raised
him from a bottle and he has always been daddy's boy. thank you all for the
information and a shoulder. thanks.