PDA

View Full Version : Anti-dust mite treatments

Cheryl
February 18th 07, 01:45 AM
Yesterday I got the treatment products to try to neutralize
allergens. I wrestled the mattress cover on, put on the pillow covers
(they're not as "plastic" as I imagined, and seem comfy). I spent
the day cleaning my carpets with Simple Green and the allergen
neutralizer solution in the Bissel cleaner. I moved *everything* and
my Dyson was full of more fur than I've seen ever. I had to empty it
3 times; my normal vacumming jobs I only dump it twice for both
upstairs and downstairs. Today I only did upstairs so far. I washed
all bedding and bedroom window sheers with the anti-dustmite additive
and sprayed the furniture (the undersides; we're still sitting on the
up-side tonight) with the allergen neutralizer. The products all said
"People Safe, Environment Safe, Pet Safe" so I hope I'm not
introducing a new problem. I even sprayed the cat trees after
vaccuming them.

Shamrock will be the real test.

--
Cheryl
(who really wants to just get rid of the carpet but doesn't have the

cybercat
February 18th 07, 01:50 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> Yesterday I got the treatment products to try to neutralize
> allergens. I wrestled the mattress cover on, put on the pillow covers
> (they're not as "plastic" as I imagined, and seem comfy). I spent
> the day cleaning my carpets with Simple Green and the allergen
> neutralizer solution in the Bissel cleaner. I moved *everything* and
> my Dyson was full of more fur than I've seen ever. I had to empty it
> 3 times; my normal vacumming jobs I only dump it twice for both
> upstairs and downstairs. Today I only did upstairs so far. I washed
> all bedding and bedroom window sheers with the anti-dustmite additive
> and sprayed the furniture (the undersides; we're still sitting on the
> up-side tonight) with the allergen neutralizer. The products all said
> "People Safe, Environment Safe, Pet Safe" so I hope I'm not
> introducing a new problem. I even sprayed the cat trees after
> vaccuming them.
>
> Shamrock will be the real test.

Let me know how they work out. Gracie and I both have allergies.

Cheryl
February 18th 07, 02:02 AM
On Sat 17 Feb 2007 08:50:56p, cybercat wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav >:

> Let me know how they work out. Gracie and I both have allergies.

I will. The directions say to repeat every three months, so I hope I
can keep up with that. It was a lot of work today. LOL I usually
just hire someone to clean the carpets. I wonder if one that you hire
will use your products?

I'm hoping I will feel a difference, too. I'm allergic to all of the
same things Shamrock is. I just don't spend all my time pulling out
my fur and biting myself. I feel so much for this cat. He should
probably live in a bubble.

--
Cheryl

Lynne
February 18th 07, 02:31 AM
on Sun, 18 Feb 2007 01:45:28 GMT, Cheryl >
wrote:

> who really wants to just get rid of the carpet but doesn't have the
> time now for the shopping, and the staying home to have it done

Unless you are going to replace your carpet with hardwood, you're better
off keeping the old carpet. Pulling up old carpet and putting down new
carpet will introduce a whole 'nother world of allergens.

--
Lynne

Annie Wxill
February 18th 07, 04:45 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> Yesterday I got the treatment products to try to neutralize
> allergens. ...>
> Shamrock will be the real test.
> Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

That sounds like a lot of hard work. I hope your efforts are successful and
Shamrock will get some relief.

Annie

mlbriggs
February 18th 07, 05:37 AM
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 01:45:28 +0000, Cheryl wrote:

> Yesterday I got the treatment products to try to neutralize
> allergens. I wrestled the mattress cover on, put on the pillow covers
> (they're not as "plastic" as I imagined, and seem comfy). I spent
> the day cleaning my carpets with Simple Green and the allergen
> neutralizer solution in the Bissel cleaner. I moved *everything* and
> my Dyson was full of more fur than I've seen ever. I had to empty it
> 3 times; my normal vacumming jobs I only dump it twice for both
> upstairs and downstairs. Today I only did upstairs so far. I washed
> all bedding and bedroom window sheers with the anti-dustmite additive
> and sprayed the furniture (the undersides; we're still sitting on the
> up-side tonight) with the allergen neutralizer. The products all said
> "People Safe, Environment Safe, Pet Safe" so I hope I'm not
> introducing a new problem. I even sprayed the cat trees after
> vaccuming them.
>
> Shamrock will be the real test.

I went through this when my son was a child. He also had to take shots to
desensitize him to certain allergies. The thing that helped him most was
gamma globulin (sp?) to help build his immunity.

cybercat
February 19th 07, 01:09 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Sat 17 Feb 2007 08:50:56p, cybercat wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav >:
>

>> Let me know how they work out. Gracie and I both have allergies.
>
> I will. The directions say to repeat every three months, so I hope I
> can keep up with that. It was a lot of work today. LOL I usually
> just hire someone to clean the carpets. I wonder if one that you hire
> will use your products?

I bet there is enough competition between companies that they will
use whatever you want them to.

> I'm hoping I will feel a difference, too. I'm allergic to all of the
> same things Shamrock is. I just don't spend all my time pulling out
> my fur and biting myself. I feel so much for this cat. He should
> probably live in a bubble.

Yep, Gracie too. The hardwoods help us, but we NEED to have
our ducts professionally cleaned. Every time the heat comes on,
we suffer. My husband appears to be getting allergies as well.