PDA

View Full Version : Single women and cats

February 19th 07, 10:29 AM
When the misleading study claiming 51% of American women now live
without husbands was released, a commentator said, "It makes me want
to invest in cat futures." Someone told me that a star of "Desperate
Housewives" noted that (unlike her character!), "I'm 31 and
unmarried. Maybe I should start subscribing to Cat Fancy."
There seems to be an association in the popular mind between
single women and cats. Why is this?

silvercelt
February 19th 07, 10:54 AM
It is said here that if people are not interested in married life or
more so having children, they would be the batty old lady with the
many cats on the street! It has been that way for many years.

Stick Waver
February 20th 07, 01:53 PM
silvercelt wrote:

> It is said here that if people are not interested in married life or
> more so having children, they would be the batty old lady with the
> many cats on the street! It has been that way for many years.

Single woman with b.f. but no children (by choice) here - I have two
cats and I do consider them objects of my maternal affections. I am
not old nor batty, though ;-)

Cat Protector
February 20th 07, 10:02 PM
Actually, I see more single women who have dogs than cats these days. I'm a
guy and a cat lover so I can't figure out why I'm single. Probably because
the women who I meet aren't fans of cats and take one look at my face and
say to themselves, "he's cute but I don't want to date a nice guy." Oh well.
Their loss I guess.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> When the misleading study claiming 51% of American women now live
> without husbands was released, a commentator said, "It makes me want
> to invest in cat futures." Someone told me that a star of "Desperate
> Housewives" noted that (unlike her character!), "I'm 31 and
> unmarried. Maybe I should start subscribing to Cat Fancy."
> There seems to be an association in the popular mind between
> single women and cats. Why is this?

Mommy of 2 via CatKB.com
February 21st 07, 02:44 PM
wrote:
>When the misleading study claiming 51% of American women now live
>without husbands was released, a commentator said, "It makes me want
>to invest in cat futures." Someone told me that a star of "Desperate
>Housewives" noted that (unlike her character!), "I'm 31 and
>unmarried. Maybe I should start subscribing to Cat Fancy."
> There seems to be an association in the popular mind between
>single women and cats. Why is this?

Could be that single women have time demanding jobs and cats are much more
independent than dogs and can take care of their elimination without being
walked. Time is why I have a cat. When I retire (3 years from now) I'll
have a dog too. Then I'll have the time a puppy needs to be trained and a
dog needs to be walked. But don't be fooled...when you're home a furball
needs love and attention too.