PDA

View Full Version : Jupiter's Moon

Barry
February 19th 07, 05:08 PM
Jupiter escaped sat eve
I just caught her

She had shot out the door, a black fuzzy blur... I never saw it coming

She was gone from sat eve till now.

I knew where she was (under the house next door)

There is no crawl space, she gets in through one of the several gopher
holes

I knew she was under there as she had put a sign over the little cat
hole.
Sign said...

"Jupiter's Moon", she had put little dried flowers around the wooden
sign.

3 Large Males have been in and out for days...

One is a VERY LARGE SOLID BLACK MALE very handsome.
Another is the same old deat-beat tabby that banged her last time
(still handsome)
The Third is a Very Large older Black and White Cat.

Soooo, the vet can remove any forthcoming pregnancies right?

I just called the Angels of Assisi in Roanoke (that's about an hour
from my house)
They no longer have a coordinator, which means I would take Jupiter to
their clinic in Roanoke.

The soonest they could take her in would be the end of March... I am
probably going to have to wait.. With this org. it's only 60 dollars.
That includes, the surgery, rabies shot, distemper?.. and pain
medicine. (3 shots)

I put in a call to another that Angels of Assisi recommended (if I
can't wait till end of March)
Nobody is answering, just get a voicemail. (south central spay /
nueter)

anywho

Jupiter is in the house now, mad as hell!

When I grabbed her outside (here's a grown man chasing and fumbling a
little black cat, she fought me hard too!)

The first thing I noticed was how warm she was, I'm sure that's partly
due to her cycle.
that and.. when I first saw her, she was leaning and rubbing on the
large black male.
He came pretty close to me

What I should do is borrow my friends trap.. tie Jupiter in the trap,
and trap all the males one at the time.

Maybe I could wipe her tail with a sponge and put the sponge in there?

I am relieved that she's home, she will never get out again (not that
it matters at this point)
other than keeping her from predators.

The damage is done.

If I can't get the local spay/neuter on the line today, I will make an
appt for the end of March.

Barry

Matthew
February 19th 07, 05:22 PM
Barry I would do it a lot soon than that. This month is national spay day
which means a lot of low cost clinics are doing there thing at this time of
year.

"Barry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Jupiter escaped sat eve
> I just caught her
>
> She had shot out the door, a black fuzzy blur... I never saw it coming
>
> She was gone from sat eve till now.
>
> I knew where she was (under the house next door)
>
> There is no crawl space, she gets in through one of the several gopher
> holes
>
> I knew she was under there as she had put a sign over the little cat
> hole.
> Sign said...
>
> "Jupiter's Moon", she had put little dried flowers around the wooden
> sign.
>
> 3 Large Males have been in and out for days...
>
> One is a VERY LARGE SOLID BLACK MALE very handsome.
> Another is the same old deat-beat tabby that banged her last time
> (still handsome)
> The Third is a Very Large older Black and White Cat.
>
> Soooo, the vet can remove any forthcoming pregnancies right?
>
> I just called the Angels of Assisi in Roanoke (that's about an hour
> from my house)
> They no longer have a coordinator, which means I would take Jupiter to
> their clinic in Roanoke.
>
> The soonest they could take her in would be the end of March... I am
> probably going to have to wait.. With this org. it's only 60 dollars.
> That includes, the surgery, rabies shot, distemper?.. and pain
> medicine. (3 shots)
>
> I put in a call to another that Angels of Assisi recommended (if I
> can't wait till end of March)
> Nobody is answering, just get a voicemail. (south central spay /
> nueter)
>
> anywho
>
> Jupiter is in the house now, mad as hell!
>
> When I grabbed her outside (here's a grown man chasing and fumbling a
> little black cat, she fought me hard too!)
>
> The first thing I noticed was how warm she was, I'm sure that's partly
> due to her cycle.
> that and.. when I first saw her, she was leaning and rubbing on the
> large black male.
> He came pretty close to me
>
> What I should do is borrow my friends trap.. tie Jupiter in the trap,
> and trap all the males one at the time.
>
> Maybe I could wipe her tail with a sponge and put the sponge in there?
>
> I am relieved that she's home, she will never get out again (not that
> it matters at this point)
> other than keeping her from predators.
>
> The damage is done.
>
> If I can't get the local spay/neuter on the line today, I will make an
> appt for the end of March.
>
> Barry

Barry
February 19th 07, 05:26 PM
On Feb 19, 11:22 am, "Matthew" > wrote:
> Barry I would do it a lot soon than that. This month is national spay day
> which means a lot of low cost clinics are doing there thing at this time of
> year.

Good call, thanks, I'm on it

Barry

Rhonda
February 19th 07, 07:06 PM
OMG, she's pregnant again.

Don't make her wait until the end of March for a spay. The next 7 will
be pretty far along by then.

Rhonda

Barry wrote:

>>The damage is done.
>>
>>If I can't get the local spay/neuter on the line today, I will make an
>>appt for the end of March.

Barry
February 19th 07, 07:48 PM
On Feb 19, 1:06 pm, Rhonda > wrote:

> >>If I can't get the local spay/neuter on the line today, I will make an
> >>appt for the end of March.

March 5th, with the Org that Angels of Assisi (who is they)
reccomended.

they are affordable, it's 50 + 8 + 8

:)

so it's March 5th.

Jupe will stay overnight

They told me be sho don't let her out after the surgery, if a male cat
gets her it will kill her.

Rhonda
February 19th 07, 08:06 PM
Barry wrote:

> March 5th, with the Org that Angels of Assisi (who is they)
> reccomended.
>
> they are affordable, it's 50 + 8 + 8
>
> :)
>
> so it's March 5th.
>
> Jupe will stay overnight
>
> They told me be sho don't let her out after the surgery, if a male cat
> gets her it will kill her.

Barry, we had a clinic do our stray mom and kittens. They were
recommended to us and did kittens younger than our vet.

One word of advice -- ask for pain meds for her. They didn't even offer
them to us, they were more of an in and out clinic, and I didn't think
about it. For the girls, it was painful. Ask if they give pain meds too
while she's there overnight. I kicked myself that night as I watched
them try to walk and stop in agony...

I'm glad you've got an appt! There's hope for you yet.

Rhonda

sheelagh
February 19th 07, 08:46 PM
On Feb 19, 6:48 pm, "Barry" > wrote:

> March 5th, with the Org that Angels of Assisi (who is they)
> reccomended.
>
> they are affordable, it's 50 + 8 + 8
>
> :)
>
> so it's March 5th.
>
> Jupe will stay overnight
>
> They told me be sho don't let her out after the surgery, if a male cat
> gets her it will kill her.

Well done B,
I'm ever so pleased that you got it sorted out. I know what is like
when you have a busy life, to find time to do these things, so Good on
you for that one!
S;o)