PDA

View Full Version : haha! I'm saving a life tonight

Barry
February 22nd 07, 02:25 AM
You won't believe this!

I brought a little black stray kitten home just now... I'm not keeping
it, I'm taking it to the shelter tomorrow.

Ok, I was at the 2nd corner store on my bike...

leaving the store, I saw a kitten in the car wash bay. It was just
sitting there.
He looks to be 4 weeks old.

I went over to look at him, and his eyes where totally pussed over..
Everything about him is just wirey and matted... boney and patchy...

I spoke to him, he just gave me a little fret-ful bark meow...dry
sounding

I went back in the store and got 2 plastic grocery bags, I doubled the
bags and socked his black ass down in there.

He's in an empty room here at the house..
I gave him a can of food.

What a wreck he is.. poor little thing

He's not really walking, he's more like... shuffling on toothpick
legs..
he looks like a caricature of himself

I opened the can and put it to his nose (he's still scared to death of
course).. sorta..
He followed the can of food over to a very large flat plate. I dumped
the food out of course

but he kept pulling away from the fine meal... he's just uncertain...
I had to HOLD HIM... he kicked and pulled trying to get loose..
he begin to grope at the cake of food... breaking the cake into
pieces...

at this point his feet and my hands are getting covered in the gravy

at last, woo hoo! he goes straight face into the cake and starts to
gulp

wow wow he said.

I closed the door to the empty room and left him in there... washed my
hands real good.. then I put a large towel at the outside bottom of
the door.. to keep my cats separate from him.

I am sure he could live.. with the right medicine... and more food...

I'm taking him to the shelter in the morning.

Barry

cybercat
February 22nd 07, 03:01 AM
"Barry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> You won't believe this!
>
> I brought a little black stray kitten home just now... I'm not keeping
> it, I'm taking it to the shelter tomorrow.
>
> Ok, I was at the 2nd corner store on my bike...
>
> leaving the store, I saw a kitten in the car wash bay. It was just
> sitting there.
> He looks to be 4 weeks old.

He's too young for solid food.

sheelagh
February 22nd 07, 03:14 AM
On 22 Feb, 01:25, "Barry" > wrote:
> You won't believe this!
>
> I brought a little black stray kitten home just now... I'm not keeping
> it, I'm taking it to the shelter tomorrow.
>
> OK, I was at the 2nd corner store on my bike...
>
> leaving the store, I saw a kitten in the car wash bay. It was just
> sitting there.
> He looks to be 4 weeks old.
>
> I went over to look at him, and his eyes where totally pussed over..
> Everything about him is just wirey and matted... boney and patchy...
>
> I spoke to him, he just gave me a little fret-ful bark meow...dry
> sounding
>
> I went back in the store and got 2 plastic grocery bags, I doubled the
> bags and socked his black ass down in there.
>
> He's in an empty room here at the house..
> I gave him a can of food.
>
> What a wreck he is.. poor little thing
>
> He's not really walking, he's more like... shuffling on toothpick
> legs..
> he looks like a caricature of himself
>
> I opened the can and put it to his nose (he's still scared to death of
> course).. sorta..
> He followed the can of food over to a very large flat plate. I dumped
> the food out of course
>
> but he kept pulling away from the fine meal... he's just uncertain...
> I had to HOLD HIM... he kicked and pulled trying to get loose..
> he begin to grope at the cake of food... breaking the cake into
> pieces...
>
> at this point his feet and my hands are getting covered in the gravy
>
> at last, woo hoo! he goes straight face into the cake and starts to
> gulp
>
> wow wow he said.
>
> I closed the door to the empty room and left him in there... washed my
> hands real good.. then I put a large towel at the outside bottom of
> the door.. to keep my cats separate from him.
>
> I am sure he could live.. with the right medicine... and more food...
>
> I'm taking him to the shelter in the morning.
>
> Barry

It all sounds nerve wracking?
I keep doing the same thing. Look @ Lucy(fur!), Ringo Star,.. then
there other cats as well as the crew here.
Why was I surprised when one of then caught flu?
It's almost asking for it!

Yeah, I hope that you both have a good night. I would imagine if he is
pot bellied, that he might have a gut full of worms eating his food
faster than he can.
Don't try treating him for it, they will do that @ the shelter & the
stuff they get works, so one less expense if he is managing.
Thank goodness you found him.
Odd place for a kitten to be isn't it?

I wonder where it came from, & if there are other siblings around. If
you get the chance, can you warn the guy that runs it during the day/
night, if they can keep an eye out for any other kittens . It seems
too young to be happening about the area by sheer luck. Maybe there is
a whole litter near by..?
Well observed re: hand washing & the best of luck regarding caring for
him too.
GOOD ON YA As Well!!
I hope the little fellow does well.
Keep us posted, won't you?

S;o)

cybercat
February 22nd 07, 03:18 AM
"Barry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> You won't believe this!

How the hell is anyone supposed to feel good about you having a cat?

You can't get him to the shelter fast enough.

Ruprecht was torn apart by dogs and Lucy is pregnant
AGAIN.

I still recall your brilliant argument for why you are simply
INCAPABLE of keeping her in.

Ugh.

cybercat
February 22nd 07, 03:22 AM

> Ruprecht was torn apart by dogs and Lucy is pregnant
> AGAIN.

I meant Jupiter. ****head.

Barry
February 22nd 07, 04:41 AM
On Feb 21, 9:14 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> I wonder where it came from, & if there are other siblings around.

The folk around here don't give a rip, I'm sure there are some who do.

I'll be on the lookout for any more kittens.

He ate the whole dam cake of food! woo hoo!

Obviously he's more like 8 weeks.. hard to tell.. being so
malnourished and all.
He's crying to get out of the room (of and on)... He knows he wants
outside...
I'm sure with a few shots and good food, he'll be good as new, and on
his way to a new home.

Barry

bookie
February 22nd 07, 04:57 AM
On 22 Feb, 01:25, "Barry" > wrote:
> You won't believe this!
>
> I brought a little black stray kitten home just now... I'm not keeping
> it, I'm taking it to the shelter tomorrow.
>
> Ok, I was at the 2nd corner store on my bike...
>
> leaving the store, I saw a kitten in the car wash bay. It was just
> sitting there.
> He looks to be 4 weeks old.
>
> I went over to look at him, and his eyes where totally pussed over..
> Everything about him is just wirey and matted... boney and patchy...
>
> I spoke to him, he just gave me a little fret-ful bark meow...dry
> sounding
>
> I went back in the store and got 2 plastic grocery bags, I doubled the
> bags and socked his black ass down in there.
>
> He's in an empty room here at the house..
> I gave him a can of food.
>
> What a wreck he is.. poor little thing
>
> He's not really walking, he's more like... shuffling on toothpick
> legs..
> he looks like a caricature of himself
>
> I opened the can and put it to his nose (he's still scared to death of
> course).. sorta..
> He followed the can of food over to a very large flat plate. I dumped
> the food out of course
>
> but he kept pulling away from the fine meal... he's just uncertain...
> I had to HOLD HIM... he kicked and pulled trying to get loose..
> he begin to grope at the cake of food... breaking the cake into
> pieces...
>
> at this point his feet and my hands are getting covered in the gravy
>
> at last, woo hoo! he goes straight face into the cake and starts to
> gulp
>
> wow wow he said.
>
> I closed the door to the empty room and left him in there... washed my
> hands real good.. then I put a large towel at the outside bottom of
> the door.. to keep my cats separate from him.
>
> I am sure he could live.. with the right medicine... and more food...
>
> I'm taking him to the shelter in the morning.
>
> Barry

great but he also needs some liquid and fluids and kitten formula milk
if he is really that young, do oyu have any? can you get some? his
little tummy will not be able to cope with solid adult cat food like
that.

I know you are trying to do the right thing but please try to get hold
of some proper liquids for him, some formula milk for kittens or
something, and get a vet to check hiom over, the poor little mite

well done for not leaving him there though, many people would have
done so and walked on by.

bookie

Barry
February 22nd 07, 05:17 AM
On Feb 21, 10:57 pm, "bookie" > wrote:

> great but he also needs some liquid and fluids and kitten formula milk
> if he is really that young, do oyu have any? can you get some? his
> little tummy will not be able to cope with solid adult cat food like
> that.

Hi bookie.
<shaking my head>

It is much worse than I originally thought.

His feet are either broken, or they are grossly under developed...
He doesn't walk on any of his feet.. his feet are turned inside
towards the center of his body...

This is why he was hobbling. My Lord! what survivors!

There is infection in. the knobs he walks on... the infection is in
his legs too...
his legs are wet with puss... his knobs are swollen.. front and
back...

He can't open his eyes.. they are just swollen...

He's quite for a large part, but then goes into little cries

if he's quite if he finds any comfort, it is due to the large amounts
of white cells packed around his sore spots.

I also suspect he has been maimed by a car at the car wash...
maybe that's why his feet are like they are... ???

He's solid black, it's hard to tell if I am seeing wet blood or puss.

I called the police, they are sending someone to pick him up tonight.
The animal warden has 2 other emergencies to respond to just now...
They said they will be on their way shortly.

Thanks for your advice
I just gave him some water.

Barry

Barry
February 22nd 07, 05:28 AM
On Feb 21, 11:17 pm, "Barry" > wrote:

> I called the police, they are sending someone to pick him up tonight.
> The animal warden has 2 other emergencies to respond to just now...
> They said they will be on their way shortly.

A policeman just picked him up.
I put the kitten in a large brown paper bag and left the top slightly
open.

Yes.. that little fella was in very bad shape. They can do more for
him than I ever could here.

So sad.
on the other hand, he is no longer hobbling around the car wash
hungry.
He ate the whole can of food.. he's more like 8 or 9 weeks.. his spine
was hunkered up.. made him look short.. his feet was turned in.. made
him look smaller...

They'll either fix him up, or send him across that bridge.

Barry

cybercat
February 22nd 07, 05:35 AM
"Barry" > wrote

> They'll either fix him up, or send him across that bridge.

They will put him down. If someone who was willing to work
for a living had picked him up he might be at the emergency
vet right now.

plunk your magic twanger, froggy
February 22nd 07, 06:11 AM
On Feb 21, 11:28 pm, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Feb 21, 11:17 pm, "Barry" > wrote:
>
> > I called the police, they are sending someone to pick him up tonight.
> > The animal warden has 2 other emergencies to respond to just now...
> > They said they will be on their way shortly.
>
> A policeman just picked him up.
> I put the kitten in a large brown paper bag and left the top slightly
> open.
>
> Yes.. that little fella was in very bad shape. They can do more for
> him than I ever could here.
>
> So sad.
> on the other hand, he is no longer hobbling around the car wash
> hungry.
> He ate the whole can of food.. he's more like 8 or 9 weeks.. his spine
> was hunkered up.. made him look short.. his feet was turned in.. made
> him look smaller...
>
> They'll either fix him up, or send him across that bridge.
>
> Barry

I guess you won't get the chance to scam someone else out of free cat
food. Better luck next time.

Barry
February 22nd 07, 07:04 AM
On Feb 22, 12:11 am, "plunk your magic twanger, froggy"
> I guess you won't get the chance to scam someone else out of free cat
> food. Better luck next time.

free is when there is no price

incidentally
kitten went from hobbling around blind! on four infected ankles at an
icy cold car wash to the warm backseat of Chevy's finest patrol car,
and is ON HIS WAY
to pure ****ing bliss

kiss my ring please...

yes that's it, kneel before me

such a loyal subject

Barry
February 22nd 07, 07:48 AM
On Feb 22, 12:11 am, "plunk your magic twanger, froggy"
> wrote:

> I guess you won't get the chance to scam someone else out of free cat
> food. Better luck next time.

I mean to say, his feet were folded under him, he was forced to walk
on his bloody ankles at the icy cold car wash.

Diminutive jagged bones were showing through... I wasn't going to tell
that part.
His legs had pierced his own hide, dirt and infection kept the blood
in, at least enough to move from greasy crumb to crumb.

He was just hobbling over in the corner, up on a hill... on cold wet
gravely tarmac.
Now I see why he teetered so... he was on four little arrangements of
folded ankles.
Each step punished his body.

The parking lot was full of people; the kitten was in plain view.

Big fine cars riding right by him, he hears them, but he can't see
through the puss that had gathered over his eyes, just one massive
ache.

I took out my cell phone and shined its light into his eyes... You
know... Let him know I was there... He opened his eyelids... I could
see his eyes through the heavy oozing layer of puss. He could barely
lift his head to look. His muzzle, neck, chest and legs were sopping
wet with puss.

I have to ask myself what happened to his mother, she was probably
over in the bushes... rotting. The milk had gone bad, he was probably
drinking bitter milk even while her body begins to cool and stiffen.

When I touched him for the first time, he shuddered! I put my hand
inside one plastic bag and picked him up, he was "light as straw and
brittle as a bird" (EJ)

He tried to run, but it was too agonizing, he only wanted something to
eat, maybe get warm, he wasn't looking for any love.

I can't explain it, but for the one time he opened his eyelids, (he
did look straightly at me) for the can of food compliments of
cybercat... he has somehow left a residual here at the house. My cats
even stopped playing when they heard him cry.

jmc
February 22nd 07, 08:23 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Barry exclaimed (22-Feb-07 10:55 AM):
> You won't believe this!
>
> I brought a little black stray kitten home just now... I'm not keeping
> it, I'm taking it to the shelter tomorrow.
>

> I went over to look at him, and his eyes where totally pussed over..
> Everything about him is just wirey and matted... boney and patchy...
>

> What a wreck he is.. poor little thing
>

> I'm taking him to the shelter in the morning.
>
> Barry

Ok, applaud you bringing the poor thing home...

By why, oh why didn't you take him straight to the vet??? It's clear
from this post, and one later on, that this poor thing is badly in need
of veterinary care, and NOW.

Please, take him to the vet!

jmc

cybercat
February 22nd 07, 08:37 AM
"Barry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Feb 22, 12:11 am, "plunk your magic twanger, froggy"
>> I guess you won't get the chance to scam someone else out of free cat
>> food. Better luck next time.
>
> free is when there is no price

Like being a decent human being, Barry? Being fair? That's all
I asked. But you don't know how, or you don't care to. A
Kindness to you is a sign of weakness and a sign that it's open season
on the generous idiot. Demand she she send you cash, not cat food.
And if she finds this galling, then paint her portrait as a "lonely, bored
housewife" who sends you food and money because he wants to ****
you,even though it's not true, just to embarrass her for telling the TRUTH
about you. But only part of the truth, right? The most innocuous part.

THE MOST INNOCUOUS THING YOU DO IS
EXPECT OTHERS TO SUPPORT YOU.

Keep me in your killfile, it is likely best. Because if you
read what I have to say, you will play Barry Big Balls and
threaten me again, into revealing the things that friends
share. Maybe my husband's sins--he is a monster, after
all. Much worse than anyone else's. He tunes me out,
won't pick up his underwear off the floor, and will not
wash a dish. Very unusual, as husbands go. Right, ladies?

And then I will respond in kind, in the way that brutality
breeds brutality. But of course, the things I reveal about
you would not be quite that innocent.

And worst of all, your pride, sheer stupid pride led you
to refuse to let me have Jupiter spayed and vetted. And
you and I both know full and well, you will not do it.

Then we are all treated to this lovely story of the stray
kitten. That you saw, brought home, but could not really
help because YOU ARE NOT EVEN WILLING TO
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. All you have to do is
work. You're healthy, strong, and bright. You can be
pleasant. You simply refuse. YOU are too good to be
tied down to a 9-5, but nobody else is. And you are
perfectly comfortable spending their money, and even
criticizing them if they do not spend it as you would like.

Newsflash, Barry: GOOD INTENTIONS ARE NOT
ENOUGH.

Where are Jupiter's kittens tonight? You handed them off
to anyone because they were driving you crazy. One was not
even box trained, and I bet he gets put outside in no time.
But God talks to you, right?

Ugh.

February 22nd 07, 08:38 AM
"jmc" > wrote

> Please, take him to the vet!

Righhht.

February 22nd 07, 08:39 AM
Barry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Feb 22, 12:11 am, "plunk your magic twanger, froggy"
>> I guess you won't get the chance to scam someone else out of free cat
>> food. Better luck next time.
>
> free is when there is no price

Like being a decent human being, Barry? Being fair? That's all
I asked. But you don't know how, or you don't care to. A
Kindness to you is a sign of weakness and a sign that it's open season
on the generous idiot. Demand she she send you cash, not cat food.
And if she finds this galling, then paint her portrait as a "lonely, bored
housewife" who sends you food and money because he wants to ****
you,even though it's not true, just to embarrass her for telling the TRUTH
about you. But only part of the truth, right? The most innocuous part.

THE MOST INNOCUOUS THING YOU DO IS
EXPECT OTHERS TO SUPPORT YOU.

Keep me in your killfile, it is likely best. Because if you
read what I have to say, you will play Barry Big Balls and
threaten me again, into revealing the things that friends
share. Maybe my husband's sins--he is a monster, after
all. Much worse than anyone else's. He tunes me out,
won't pick up his underwear off the floor, and will not
wash a dish. Very unusual, as husbands go. Right, ladies?

And then I will respond in kind, in the way that brutality
breeds brutality. But of course, the things I reveal about
you would not be quite that innocent.

And worst of all, your pride, sheer stupid pride led you
to refuse to let me have Jupiter spayed and vetted. And
you and I both know full and well, you will not do it.

Then we are all treated to this lovely story of the stray
kitten. That you saw, brought home, but could not really
help because YOU ARE NOT EVEN WILLING TO
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. All you have to do is
work. You're healthy, strong, and bright. You can be
pleasant. You simply refuse. YOU are too good to be
tied down to a 9-5, but nobody else is. And you are
perfectly comfortable spending their money, and even
criticizing them if they do not spend it as you would like.

Newsflash, Barry: GOOD INTENTIONS ARE NOT
ENOUGH.

Where are Jupiter's kittens tonight? You handed them off
to anyone because they were driving you crazy. One was not
even box trained, and I bet he gets put outside in no time.
But God talks to you, right?

Ugh.

cybercat
February 22nd 07, 09:02 AM
"Barry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Feb 22, 12:11 am, "plunk your magic twanger, froggy"
> > wrote:
>
>> I guess you won't get the chance to scam someone else out of free cat
>> food. Better luck next time.
>
> I mean to say, his feet were folded under him, he was forced to walk
> on his bloody ankles at the icy cold car wash.
>
> Diminutive jagged bones were showing through... I wasn't going to tell
> that part.
> His legs had pierced his own hide, dirt and infection kept the blood
> in, at least enough to move from greasy crumb to crumb.
>
> He was just hobbling over in the corner, up on a hill... on cold wet
> gravely tarmac.
> Now I see why he teetered so... he was on four little arrangements of
> folded ankles.
> Each step punished his body.
>
> The parking lot was full of people; the kitten was in plain view.
>
> Big fine cars riding right by him, he hears them, but he can't see
> through the puss that had gathered over his eyes, just one massive
> ache.
>
> I took out my cell phone and shined its light into his eyes... You
> know... Let him know I was there... He opened his eyelids... I could
> see his eyes through the heavy oozing layer of puss. He could barely
> lift his head to look. His muzzle, neck, chest and legs were sopping
> wet with puss.
>
> I have to ask myself what happened to his mother, she was probably
> over in the bushes... rotting. The milk had gone bad, he was probably
> drinking bitter milk even while her body begins to cool and stiffen.
>
> When I touched him for the first time, he shuddered! I put my hand
> inside one plastic bag and picked him up, he was "light as straw and
> brittle as a bird" (EJ)
>
> He tried to run, but it was too agonizing, he only wanted something to
> eat, maybe get warm, he wasn't looking for any love.
>
> I can't explain it, but for the one time he opened his eyelids, (he
> did look straightly at me) for the can of food compliments of
> cybercat... he has somehow left a residual here at the house. My cats
> even stopped playing when they heard him cry.

And if you were a MAN you could have taken him to the vet and
eased his suffering, instead of handing him off to a cop who will take
him to the pound where they will kill him.

You somehow think that plucking him up was Christlike of you?

-L.
February 22nd 07, 10:29 AM
cybercat wrote:

> > Ruprecht was torn apart by dogs and Lucy is pregnant
> > AGAIN.
> >

> I meant Jupiter. ****head.

You have got to be ****ing kidding.

Barry take your ****ing cat in and have her spayed now. The kittens
can be aborted.

Asshole!

-L.

-L.
February 22nd 07, 10:34 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Barry" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > On Feb 22, 12:11 am, "plunk your magic twanger, froggy"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> I guess you won't get the chance to scam someone else out of free cat
> >> food. Better luck next time.
> >
> > I mean to say, his feet were folded under him, he was forced to walk
> > on his bloody ankles at the icy cold car wash.
> >
> > Diminutive jagged bones were showing through... I wasn't going to tell
> > that part.
> > His legs had pierced his own hide, dirt and infection kept the blood
> > in, at least enough to move from greasy crumb to crumb.
> >
> > He was just hobbling over in the corner, up on a hill... on cold wet
> > gravely tarmac.
> > Now I see why he teetered so... he was on four little arrangements of
> > folded ankles.
> > Each step punished his body.
> >
> > The parking lot was full of people; the kitten was in plain view.
> >
> > Big fine cars riding right by him, he hears them, but he can't see
> > through the puss that had gathered over his eyes, just one massive
> > ache.
> >
> > I took out my cell phone and shined its light into his eyes... You
> > know... Let him know I was there... He opened his eyelids... I could
> > see his eyes through the heavy oozing layer of puss. He could barely
> > lift his head to look. His muzzle, neck, chest and legs were sopping
> > wet with puss.
> >
> > I have to ask myself what happened to his mother, she was probably
> > over in the bushes... rotting. The milk had gone bad, he was probably
> > drinking bitter milk even while her body begins to cool and stiffen.
> >
> > When I touched him for the first time, he shuddered! I put my hand
> > inside one plastic bag and picked him up, he was "light as straw and
> > brittle as a bird" (EJ)
> >
> > He tried to run, but it was too agonizing, he only wanted something to
> > eat, maybe get warm, he wasn't looking for any love.
> >
> > I can't explain it, but for the one time he opened his eyelids, (he
> > did look straightly at me) for the can of food compliments of
> > cybercat... he has somehow left a residual here at the house. My cats
> > even stopped playing when they heard him cry.
> >

> And if you were a MAN you could have taken him to the vet and
> eased his suffering, instead of handing him off to a cop who will take
> him to the pound where they will kill him.
>
> You somehow think that plucking him up was Christlike of you?

All I can say is *what* a ****ing asshole.

He breeds kittens that will end up *exactly* like the one he found
DYING and then thinks he's some sort of ****ing savior for merely
pulling it off the street.

-L.

Barry
February 22nd 07, 11:31 AM
On Feb 22, 2:23 am, jmc > wrote:

> Please, take him to the vet!

He went into the wardens custody at 10:56 jmc

They have either fixed him or finished him.

Maybe I will find more kittens around that area.

I think he might have been hit by a car at the car wash
I haven't ruled out that he has been dropped from a considerable
height...
all his feet were folded inwards.. he was hobbling on folded bloody
ankles
(just awful)

bookie
February 22nd 07, 03:17 PM
On 22 Feb, 06:48, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Feb 22, 12:11 am, "plunk your magic twanger, froggy"
>
> > wrote:
> > I guess you won't get the chance to scam someone else out of free cat
> > food. Better luck next time.
>
> I mean to say, his feet were folded under him, he was forced to walk
> on his bloody ankles at the icy cold car wash.
>
> Diminutive jagged bones were showing through... I wasn't going to tell
> that part.
> His legs had pierced his own hide, dirt and infection kept the blood
> in, at least enough to move from greasy crumb to crumb.
>
> He was just hobbling over in the corner, up on a hill... on cold wet
> gravely tarmac.
> Now I see why he teetered so... he was on four little arrangements of
> folded ankles.
> Each step punished his body.
>
> The parking lot was full of people; the kitten was in plain view.
>
> Big fine cars riding right by him, he hears them, but he can't see
> through the puss that had gathered over his eyes, just one massive
> ache.
>
> I took out my cell phone and shined its light into his eyes... You
> know... Let him know I was there... He opened his eyelids... I could
> see his eyes through the heavy oozing layer of puss. He could barely
> lift his head to look. His muzzle, neck, chest and legs were sopping
> wet with puss.
>
> I have to ask myself what happened to his mother, she was probably
> over in the bushes... rotting. The milk had gone bad, he was probably
> drinking bitter milk even while her body begins to cool and stiffen.
>
> When I touched him for the first time, he shuddered! I put my hand
> inside one plastic bag and picked him up, he was "light as straw and
> brittle as a bird" (EJ)
>
> He tried to run, but it was too agonizing, he only wanted something to
> eat, maybe get warm, he wasn't looking for any love.
>
> I can't explain it, but for the one time he opened his eyelids, (he
> did look straightly at me) for the can of food compliments of
> cybercat... he has somehow left a residual here at the house. My cats
> even stopped playing when they heard him cry.

wh did you not take him straight to an emergency vet yourself? sod the
money! it can be fonud for things like this which are far more
important than beer and food for you. i wish i had found him, he would
have been taken straight to an emergency vet right away, not home to
be fed inappropriate food and I woudl be too busy hanging aropund the
vets place trying to find out what i can do to be at home sending out
posts detailing my exploits.
every second that kitten was left without vet care shortened his life,
so why did you not just take him to a vets immediately?

what the hell were you waiting for?

cindys
February 22nd 07, 03:39 PM
On Feb 22, 9:17 am, "bookie" > wrote:
> On 22 Feb, 06:48, "Barry" > wrote:
>

> > On Feb 22, 12:11 am, "plunk your magic twanger, froggy"
>
> > > wrote:
> > > I guess you won't get the chance to scam someone else out of free cat
> > > food. Better luck next time.
>
> > I mean to say, his feet were folded under him, he was forced to walk
> > on his bloody ankles at the icy cold car wash.
>
> > Diminutive jagged bones were showing through... I wasn't going to tell
> > that part.
> > His legs had pierced his own hide, dirt and infection kept the blood
> > in, at least enough to move from greasy crumb to crumb.
>
> > He was just hobbling over in the corner, up on a hill... on cold wet
> > gravely tarmac.
> > Now I see why he teetered so... he was on four little arrangements of
> > folded ankles.
> > Each step punished his body.
>
> > The parking lot was full of people; the kitten was in plain view.
>
> > Big fine cars riding right by him, he hears them, but he can't see
> > through the puss that had gathered over his eyes, just one massive
> > ache.
>
> > I took out my cell phone and shined its light into his eyes... You
> > know... Let him know I was there... He opened his eyelids... I could
> > see his eyes through the heavy oozing layer of puss. He could barely
> > lift his head to look. His muzzle, neck, chest and legs were sopping
> > wet with puss.
>
> > I have to ask myself what happened to his mother, she was probably
> > over in the bushes... rotting. The milk had gone bad, he was probably
> > drinking bitter milk even while her body begins to cool and stiffen.
>
> > When I touched him for the first time, he shuddered! I put my hand
> > inside one plastic bag and picked him up, he was "light as straw and
> > brittle as a bird" (EJ)
>
> > He tried to run, but it was too agonizing, he only wanted something to
> > eat, maybe get warm, he wasn't looking for any love.
>
> > I can't explain it, but for the one time he opened his eyelids, (he
> > did look straightly at me) for the can of food compliments of
> > cybercat... he has somehow left a residual here at the house. My cats
> > even stopped playing when they heard him cry.
>
> wh did you not take him straight to an emergency vet yourself? sod the
> money! it can be fonud for things like this which are far more
> important than beer and food for you. i wish i had found him, he would
> have been taken straight to an emergency vet right away, not home to
> be fed inappropriate food and I woudl be too busy hanging aropund the
> vets place trying to find out what i can do to be at home sending out
> posts detailing my exploits.
> every second that kitten was left without vet care shortened his life,
> so why did you not just take him to a vets immediately?
>
> what the hell were you waiting for?- Hide quoted text -
-----------
It doesn't matter. The kitten has in all likelihood been euthanized by
now. (Major hair-tearing and sobs of frustration and sorrow on the
other side of my computer monitor). If Barry couldn't afford the
emergency vet, why oh why didn't he at least phone a cat rescue
group ???? They would have taken responsibility for the kitten and
ensured that her/his medical means were met. The kitten would have
been saved and treated if at all possible and adopted into a loving
home. Animal control kills animals! I think Barry should phone animal
control right now on the off chance that they haven't killed the
kitten yet.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys
February 22nd 07, 03:40 PM
On Feb 22, 9:17 am, "bookie" > wrote:
> On 22 Feb, 06:48, "Barry" > wrote:
>

> > On Feb 22, 12:11 am, "plunk your magic twanger, froggy"
>
> > > wrote:
> > > I guess you won't get the chance to scam someone else out of free cat
> > > food. Better luck next time.
>
> > I mean to say, his feet were folded under him, he was forced to walk
> > on his bloody ankles at the icy cold car wash.
>
> > Diminutive jagged bones were showing through... I wasn't going to tell
> > that part.
> > His legs had pierced his own hide, dirt and infection kept the blood
> > in, at least enough to move from greasy crumb to crumb.
>
> > He was just hobbling over in the corner, up on a hill... on cold wet
> > gravely tarmac.
> > Now I see why he teetered so... he was on four little arrangements of
> > folded ankles.
> > Each step punished his body.
>
> > The parking lot was full of people; the kitten was in plain view.
>
> > Big fine cars riding right by him, he hears them, but he can't see
> > through the puss that had gathered over his eyes, just one massive
> > ache.
>
> > I took out my cell phone and shined its light into his eyes... You
> > know... Let him know I was there... He opened his eyelids... I could
> > see his eyes through the heavy oozing layer of puss. He could barely
> > lift his head to look. His muzzle, neck, chest and legs were sopping
> > wet with puss.
>
> > I have to ask myself what happened to his mother, she was probably
> > over in the bushes... rotting. The milk had gone bad, he was probably
> > drinking bitter milk even while her body begins to cool and stiffen.
>
> > When I touched him for the first time, he shuddered! I put my hand
> > inside one plastic bag and picked him up, he was "light as straw and
> > brittle as a bird" (EJ)
>
> > He tried to run, but it was too agonizing, he only wanted something to
> > eat, maybe get warm, he wasn't looking for any love.
>
> > I can't explain it, but for the one time he opened his eyelids, (he
> > did look straightly at me) for the can of food compliments of
> > cybercat... he has somehow left a residual here at the house. My cats
> > even stopped playing when they heard him cry.
>
> wh did you not take him straight to an emergency vet yourself? sod the
> money! it can be fonud for things like this which are far more
> important than beer and food for you. i wish i had found him, he would
> have been taken straight to an emergency vet right away, not home to
> be fed inappropriate food and I woudl be too busy hanging aropund the
> vets place trying to find out what i can do to be at home sending out
> posts detailing my exploits.
> every second that kitten was left without vet care shortened his life,
> so why did you not just take him to a vets immediately?
>
> what the hell were you waiting for?- Hide quoted text -
----------------
To continue: If animal control has not yet killed the kitten, Barry
should tell them not to kill the kitten and phone a cat rescue group
to pick up the kitten!
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

bookie
February 22nd 07, 04:23 PM
On 22 Feb, 14:40, "cindys" > wrote:
> [...]
> > > even stopped playing when they heard him cry.
>
> > wh did you not take him straight to an emergency vet yourself? sod the
> > money! it can be fonud for things like this which are far more
> > important than beer and food for you. i wish i had found him, he would
> > have been taken straight to an emergency vet right away, not home to
> > be fed inappropriate food and I woudl be too busy hanging aropund the
> > vets place trying to find out what i can do to be at home sending out
> > posts detailing my exploits.
> > every second that kitten was left without vet care shortened his life,
> > so why did you not just take him to a vets immediately?
>
> > what the hell were you waiting for?- Hide quoted text -
>
> ----------------
> To continue: If animal control has not yet killed the kitten, Barry
> should tell them not to kill the kitten and phone a cat rescue group

when he said that he had called the 'warden' that was my concern; that
he has handed this poor little life over to some council run group who
has no regard for life , just budgets, and whose number one priority
is to get rid of unwanted animals by killing them, why did he do
this????
i wish i was there, i hate being so powerless

Stick Waver
February 22nd 07, 04:26 PM
Barry wrote:

> On Feb 22, 2:23 am, jmc > wrote:
>

>>Please, take him to the vet!
>

> He went into the wardens custody at 10:56 jmc
>
> They have either fixed him or finished him.
>
> Maybe I will find more kittens around that area.
>
> I think he might have been hit by a car at the car wash
> I haven't ruled out that he has been dropped from a considerable
> height...
> all his feet were folded inwards.. he was hobbling on folded bloody
> ankles
> (just awful)

TROLL - O - METER

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
--------------------------------------
^

Stick Waver
February 22nd 07, 04:26 PM
TROLL - O - METER

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
--------------------------------------
^

cybercat
February 22nd 07, 04:37 PM
"Stick Waver" > wrote in message
> TROLL - O - METER
>
> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
> --------------------------------------
> ^

Will you stop being a moron? We only wish there wasn't a kitten.

February 22nd 07, 04:45 PM
"bookie" > wrote

> when he said that he had called the 'warden' that was my concern; that
> he has handed this poor little life over to some council run group who
> has no regard for life , just budgets, and whose number one priority
> is to get rid of unwanted animals by killing them, why did he do
> this????
> i wish i was there, i hate being so powerless

That is the horrible thing about these kinds of posts. And Barry
would be much more interested in producing all the reasons he
was just HELPLESS to save the kitten, than in finding ways to
really help him. Because like everything else in life, that would
take resources, and like most other people in life, he would have
to actuallyWORK to acquire the resources to do anything useful.

He would rather wait around for someone to save him.

His very charming ways should be landing him a rich friend
soon, don't you think?

I was trying to give him a hand up, thinking he'd run on some
hard times like we all do. I believed in him, and trusted him not
to take on his cats if he could not care for them. Now that Jupiter
is on her second litter of kittens, we know how that has worked out.

Now fall into line, you are supposed to thnk, "what a great guy for
picking the kitten up at the car wash when nobody else did." Even
though he handed him over to be put down, pleading poverty as
he always does, as though he is disabled when he is perfectly able
to work--he just will not. The kitten rescue post was supposed to
redeem him in the eyes of others, after the cruel way he has treated
Jupiter. And understand that I made him an appointment for Friday
Feb. 27th, at a local vet there in Lynchburg, and offered to prepay
an "in-heat spay" as they call them, and all her shots, and pain meds.
He said no. Why do you think? If you loved your cat, what would
you do?

This ****er has no business taking responsibility for anything with
a pulse.

Barry
February 22nd 07, 04:49 PM
On Feb 22, 9:17 am, "bookie" > wrote:

> sod the
> money! it can be fonud for things like this which are far more
> important than beer and food for you. i wish i had found him, he would
> have been taken straight to an emergency vet right away, not home to
> be fed inappropriate food and I woudl be too busy hanging aropund the
> vets place trying to find out what i can do to be at home sending out
> posts detailing my exploits.
> every second that kitten was left without vet care shortened his life,
> so why did you not just take him to a vets immediately?
>
> what the hell were you waiting for?

There wasn't time, he needed food,water and heat

not me standing at a phone booth, or biking in 7 hill city with a cat
in a plastic bag

fix me some breakfast, I'm starved! toast and eggs or something

Stick Waver
February 22nd 07, 04:49 PM
TROLL - O - METER

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
--------------------------------------
^

Wendy
February 22nd 07, 05:24 PM
"cindys" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> [...]
>> > even stopped playing when they heard him cry.
>>
>> wh did you not take him straight to an emergency vet yourself? sod the
>> money! it can be fonud for things like this which are far more
>> important than beer and food for you. i wish i had found him, he would
>> have been taken straight to an emergency vet right away, not home to
>> be fed inappropriate food and I woudl be too busy hanging aropund the
>> vets place trying to find out what i can do to be at home sending out
>> posts detailing my exploits.
>> every second that kitten was left without vet care shortened his life,
>> so why did you not just take him to a vets immediately?
>>
>> what the hell were you waiting for?- Hide quoted text -
> ----------------
> To continue: If animal control has not yet killed the kitten, Barry
> should tell them not to kill the kitten and phone a cat rescue group

Fat chance. Animal control almost never gives a animal back to the person
who relinquished it - at least not around here.

Barry does what he does. Mostly he likes to stir up certain people here.
Chances are there wasn't any kitten at all. Just a figment of his alleged
mind.

Barry
February 22nd 07, 05:49 PM
On Feb 22, 11:24 am, "Wendy" > wrote:

> Barry does what he does. Mostly he likes to stir up certain people here.
> Chances are there wasn't any kitten at all. Just a figment of his alleged
> mind.

brb Wendy, Ill let you look at his crap.

You will know it's not my cats by the diameter

sorry, no scratch and sniffs

Ill be right back...
Ill have to sceep it up and bring it in here.

I can't believe you don't know me by now.

Barry
February 22nd 07, 06:55 PM
On Feb 22, 11:24 am, "Wendy" > wrote:

> Barry does what he does. Mostly he likes to stir up certain people here.
> Chances are there wasn't any kitten at all. Just a figment of his alleged
> mind.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/e305f0ef-4559-40d6-9718-22c87999c77e/blackie

same, http://tinyurl.com/2jlght

listen as this emergency tech vet receptionist ducks my obvious
question
(why the hell haven't ya'll done something)

she wouldn't let me get that part in

I'm not going to be presumptuous with a total stranger
there is no defense for them not taking it in

in the call, you hear.. a boy DID catch the cat.. they had a chance to
fix it up.

I guess they see this often enough where their skin becomes a little
thick

Barry

Stick Waver
February 22nd 07, 09:51 PM
cybercat wrote:

> "Stick Waver" > wrote in message
>
>> TROLL - O - METER
>>
>>1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
>>--------------------------------------
>>^
>

> Will you stop being a moron? We only wish there wasn't a kitten.

Sorry, I don't believe for one minute "Barry" is telling the truth.
The more riled he gets you folks, the more bizarre his posts get.
You're being played.

cybercat
February 23rd 07, 02:19 AM
"Barry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Feb 22, 11:24 am, "Wendy" > wrote:
>
>> Barry does what he does. Mostly he likes to stir up certain people here.
>> Chances are there wasn't any kitten at all. Just a figment of his alleged
>> mind.

> brb Wendy, Ill let you look at his crap.
>
> You will know it's not my cats by the diameter
>
> sorry, no scratch and sniffs
>
> Ill be right back...
> Ill have to sceep it up and bring it in here.
>
> I can't believe you don't know me by now.

The problem is, people do.