PDA

View Full Version : photos of my jessie puss

bookie
February 22nd 07, 04:58 PM
hopefuly this link works i have spent the afternoon uploading them to
a picasa website for you delectation. the model herself is back in her
hammock relaxing. to me she is gorgeous!
bookie
http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/Jessie1207

fingers crossed

Barry
February 22nd 07, 06:05 PM
On Feb 22, 11:58 am, "bookie" > wrote:

> fingers crossed

He's just splendid!

Thanks for sharing

Living large there aintcha bookie!

Barry

cindys
February 22nd 07, 06:46 PM
On Feb 22, 11:58 am, "bookie" > wrote:
> hopefuly this link works i have spent the afternoon uploading them to
> a picasa website for you delectation. the model herself is back in her
> hammock relaxing. to me she is gorgeous!
> bookiehttp://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/Jessie1207
>
> fingers crossed

--------
A total beautiful animal. (Aren't all cats beautiful? :-) Thank you
for sharing her pictures.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cybercat
February 22nd 07, 06:48 PM
"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> hopefuly this link works i have spent the afternoon uploading them to
> a picasa website for you delectation. the model herself is back in her
> hammock relaxing. to me she is gorgeous!
> bookie
> http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/Jessie1207

She IS gorgeous! She makes me want a caramel sundae, she looks like she's
put her nose down in one!

cybercat
February 22nd 07, 07:14 PM
"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> hopefuly this link works i have spent the afternoon uploading them to
> a picasa website for you delectation. the model herself is back in her
> hammock relaxing. to me she is gorgeous!
> bookie
> http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/Jessie1207

I took a peek at your racing photos, that looks like great fun!
And good for upper body strength, too. Are there more men
than women competing, usually?

22brix
February 22nd 07, 11:10 PM
"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> hopefuly this link works i have spent the afternoon uploading them to
> a picasa website for you delectation. the model herself is back in her
> hammock relaxing. to me she is gorgeous!
> bookie
> http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/Jessie1207
>
> fingers crossed

I love the markings on her face! She's lovely. I really like the hammock
thingy too--perfect for snoozing cats!

Bonnie

bookie
February 23rd 07, 01:14 AM
On 22 Feb, 18:05, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Feb 22, 11:58 am, "bookie" > wrote:
>
> > fingers crossed
>
> He's just splendid!
>
> Thanks for sharing
>
> Living large there aintcha bookie!
>
> Barry

it's a SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! hwo many tortoiseshells do you know of
who are male? the phenotype is linked to the sex of the animal. I
think you call them calico inyour country, we call them tortie-and-
white, I just call her 'princess'

she is downstairs right now, reclining on a furry cushion, on top of a
bean bag, watching a late night movie, having just finished off a tub
of whiskas temptation treats, life's tough innit?

bookie
February 23rd 07, 01:24 AM
On 22 Feb, 19:14, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > hopefuly this link works i have spent the afternoon uploading them to
> > a picasa website for you delectation. the model herself is back in her
> > hammock relaxing. to me she is gorgeous!
> > bookie
> >http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/Jessie1207
>
> I took a peek at your racing photos, that looks like great fun!
> And good for upper body strength, too. Are there more men
> than women competing, usually?

can be a male dominated sport, but more and more women getting into
all the time, and most regattas feature events or races for both sexes
but usually only women vs womens and men vs men. In less serious
competitions and regattas you can enter in mixed crews, men and women
in the same boat equal numbers of both which is a good laugh and
totally non-serious, usually end-of-season high jinks.

I suppose it is good for upper body but actually the main pushing
muscle used is the legs (thighs) and then the backs and you have to
develop good posture or you will screw your back up big time. it is
also a fairly low impact sport so apart from back injuries when peolpe
used incorrect technique (or are just vulnerable to joint problems)
and get bad backs and slipped discs etc you can go on rowing and
racing well into your old age. last year at princeton there was the
worlds masters champs for 'older' rowers (bit of a misnomer as you are
officially a veteran fromthe age of 37 internationally, 31 in the UK)
and they separate peopel and crews from all over the world into age
groups A to H to race against each other. eg age 31-36 is vet A, 37-41
years is vet B (i think) and so on up until vet H which is something
like 75 years +, and there is no shortage of entries into the vet H
races either, so lots of really old codgers kicking around who still
row and race a fair bit. hopefully I can injury free and still be
scullnig and racing when i am 70 something, I dont l think i could
even contemplate that with many other sports.

oh and you get to hang out with lots of really fit men too, and there
are usually loads of doggies hanging around at regattas as well, and
cake stalls,so it's all good really

bookie
February 23rd 07, 01:38 AM
On 22 Feb, 23:10, "22brix" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > hopefuly this link works i have spent the afternoon uploading them to
> > a picasa website for you delectation. the model herself is back in her
> > hammock relaxing. to me she is gorgeous!
> > bookie
> >http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/Jessie1207
>
> > fingers crossed
>
> I love the markings on her face! She's lovely. I really like the hammock
> thingy too--perfect for snoozing cats!
>
> Bonnie

i got the hammock from a cat show a while ago, 13 ($26?), she was
abit dubious at first but now she is rarely out of it. It seesm to be
good for old cats like her who do nto have the same covering of fat
around their joints and bones as it supports everything gently, and
they are right next to a heat source too.

we thought she was 14 when she picked me at the cat shelter which
woudl make her abuot 16 now, but I looked at her paperwork again and
the vet had written that she was actually 16 when i got her, so she is
18 apparantly. you wouldn't think it to see her prance around the
place and chase birds inthe garden (usually unsuccessfully), I am sure
they have got her age wrong as they did it on the state of her teeth
(rotten, most of them had to be removed) and from what the old dear
who handed her in had said, she is far too active to be 16 let alone
18.

when i picked her up first she was just about 2kg, now she is nearly
4kg and much more cuddly and her fur is much thicker than when I first
got her home. the vet at the shelter had only just diagnosed
hyperthyroidism and she had just started on medication for it so I
think her initially low weight was due to hyperthyroidism beign
undiagnosed for a long time. the previous owner was some old biddy who
went into a old people's home and left 4 cats behind so the cats
protection got them, jessie was the last to be chosen (don't know why,
she was much prettier than the others, and had a real snooty regal air
about her, as though SHE was doing the choosing of her new human
slave) probably because of the medical and fact she was the oldest
perhaps. I suspect the old dear who had jessie before never took them
to the vets or anything, especially thinking about how bad jessie's
teeth were when they first picked her up. It woudl not be out of
malice, just that the old dear could not manage it or even look after
herself let alone take a cat to the vets when needed

and I remember a discussion about not letting old people take home
kittens from rescue shelter but aoster an older cat instead so that
all vets bill and care is taken care of and the cat can be reclaimed
if the old person can't look after it no more...mmmm....wonder why
that is?

anyway i shall pass on your adoration to princess jessie-puss, she
will lap it up

bookie

cybercat
February 23rd 07, 04:40 AM
"bookie" > wrote

> oh and you get to hang out with lots of really fit men too, and there
> are usually loads of doggies hanging around at regattas as well, and
> cake stalls,so it's all good really

It all sounds great. <G>

I like my gym because there are men and women there. Good company
is good company but it does not hurt if it is a big, good-looking guy.
(I'm happily married, so I don't order anything but I really do like
reading the menu.)

lol

Marissa
February 23rd 07, 01:57 PM
She's beautiful.

Maria

"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> hopefuly this link works i have spent the afternoon uploading them to
> a picasa website for you delectation. the model herself is back in her
> hammock relaxing. to me she is gorgeous!
> bookie
> http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/Jessie1207
>
> fingers crossed

bookie
February 23rd 07, 03:04 PM
On 23 Feb, 13:57, "Marissa" > wrote:
> She's beautiful.
>
> Maria
>
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > hopefuly this link works i have spent the afternoon uploading them to
> > a picasa website for you delectation. the model herself is back in her
> > hammock relaxing. to me she is gorgeous!
> > bookie
> >http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/Jessie1207
>
> > fingers crossed- Hide quoted text -

thanks she is currently flopped out on the floor behind me, in her
usual "hello sailor" pose , on her back, hind legs splayed out,
expanse of white fluffy tummy exposed, front paws up, totally
disgraceful. If i can find a picture of her life that I will put it
up, very hard to resist tickling her tummy when she is like that, when
you stroke her in that pose she just stretches out and purrs for
england, she is such a flirt!

if there ever was an advert for adopting older cats she should be in
it, she is wonderful and I love her so much even though she is
completely daft.

bookie

bookie
February 23rd 07, 03:20 PM
On 23 Feb, 04:40, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote
>

> > oh and you get to hang out with lots of really fit men too, and there
> > are usually loads of doggies hanging around at regattas as well, and
> > cake stalls,so it's all good really
>
> It all sounds great. <G>
>
> I like my gym because there are men and women there. Good company
> is good company but it does not hurt if it is a big, good-looking guy.
> (I'm happily married, so I don't order anything but I really do like
> reading the menu.)
>
> lol

nothing wrong with window shopping! yes the good things about rowing
is that it is pretty much equal men and women, everyone is treated the
same, I have never rally experienced any kinds of sexism or chauvanism
within rowing, all oarsmean and women have pretty much the same
respect for each. OK there are a few guys who are well up their own
arses thinkign they are great and all that but we leave them alone and
they tend to congregate in a one or two specific clubs.

the other things is that it goives you somethign to train for (winning
races etc) or if you dont; want to race you can just take your boat
out for a paddle on a nice day and chill out and just stay fit. i
really recommend it.

bookie

22brix
February 23rd 07, 04:32 PM
"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On 23 Feb, 13:57, "Marissa" > wrote:
>> She's beautiful.
>>
>> Maria
>>
>> "bookie" > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...
>>

>> > hopefuly this link works i have spent the afternoon uploading them to
>> > a picasa website for you delectation. the model herself is back in her
>> > hammock relaxing. to me she is gorgeous!
>> > bookie
>> >http://picasaweb.google.com/bookerama/Jessie1207
>>
>> > fingers crossed- Hide quoted text -

> thanks she is currently flopped out on the floor behind me, in her
> usual "hello sailor" pose , on her back, hind legs splayed out,
> expanse of white fluffy tummy exposed, front paws up, totally
> disgraceful. If i can find a picture of her life that I will put it
> up, very hard to resist tickling her tummy when she is like that, when
> you stroke her in that pose she just stretches out and purrs for
> england, she is such a flirt!
>
> if there ever was an advert for adopting older cats she should be in
> it, she is wonderful and I love her so much even though she is
> completely daft.
>
> bookie

I absolutely love older cats. They're just fabulous--sort of more
self-contained than silly younger ones. Jessie certainly doesn't look 18!

Bonnie

cybercat
February 23rd 07, 05:55 PM
"bookie" > wrote

> nothing wrong with window shopping! yes the good things about rowing
> is that it is pretty much equal men and women, everyone is treated the
> same, I have never rally experienced any kinds of sexism or chauvanism
> within rowing, all oarsmean and women have pretty much the same
> respect for each.

As well they should--in this case, it's pretty clear that anyone who can
seriously compete has the stuff to do it. If they didn't they couldn't.

>OK there are a few guys who are well up their own
> arses thinkign they are great and all that but we leave them alone and
> they tend to congregate in a one or two specific clubs.

They're everywhere, aren't they? And usually so self-absorbed they
don't notice that they are being left alone, hahaha

> the other things is that it goives you somethign to train for (winning
> races etc) or if you dont; want to race you can just take your boat
> out for a paddle on a nice day and chill out and just stay fit. i
> really recommend it.

Well you look very fit. I could never get those arms at my gym. One
last question, how close do you live the the water where you compete?

bookie
February 23rd 07, 06:21 PM
On 23 Feb, 17:55, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote
>

> > nothing wrong with window shopping! yes the good things about rowing
> > is that it is pretty much equal men and women, everyone is treated the
> > same, I have never rally experienced any kinds of sexism or chauvanism
> > within rowing, all oarsmean and women have pretty much the same
> > respect for each.
>
> As well they should--in this case, it's pretty clear that anyone who can
> seriously compete has the stuff to do it. If they didn't they couldn't.
>
> >OK there are a few guys who are well up their own
> > arses thinkign they are great and all that but we leave them alone and
> > they tend to congregate in a one or two specific clubs.
>
> They're everywhere, aren't they? And usually so self-absorbed they
> don't notice that they are being left alone, hahaha
>

> > the other things is that it goives you somethign to train for (winning
> > races etc) or if you dont; want to race you can just take your boat
> > out for a paddle on a nice day and chill out and just stay fit. i
> > really recommend it.
>
> Well you look very fit. I could never get those arms at my gym. One
> last question, how close do you live the the water where you compete?

the race that is in the photos is actually held every year in the town
i live in by the local rowing club where I used tobe a member (still
am but don't race for them as women's squad there not up to much).
Their colours are maroon with a white stripe down the side of the kit
as you see alot of the boys wearing during racing. the club i train at
mostly in in west london about 30 miles away, 30mins drive usually
when there is now traffic, but the facilities are a bit better and the
stretch of river there much longer so it is worth driving all that way
I think at weekends to train.

at home i live about 15 mins walk from the boathouse and river, my
town is just one of many which sit on the side of the river thames and
pretty much all of them having at least one rowing club.
inthe winter like now i do not train on the river everyday, but just
at weekends usually, maybe once in the week, spend rest of week in the
gym doing weights and other aerobic work. certainly after a crap day
trying to teach and yet another crap school it is really good my
sanity to be able to either go rowing or go to the gym and work it out
of my system and talk to other people who are nothign to do with
school. I would go mad otherwise. Boat clubs are also good sources of
people who can be persuaded to adopt cats from the local cat rescue
too.

bookie
February 23rd 07, 06:23 PM
On 23 Feb, 16:32, "22brix" > wrote:
> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > On 23 Feb, 13:57, "Marissa" > wrote:
> >> She's beautiful.
>
> >> Maria
>
> >> "bookie" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> > thanks she is currently flopped out on the floor behind me, in her
> > usual "hello sailor" pose , on her back, hind legs splayed out,
> > expanse of white fluffy tummy exposed, front paws up, totally
> > disgraceful. If i can find a picture of her life that I will put it
> > up, very hard to resist tickling her tummy when she is like that, when
> > you stroke her in that pose she just stretches out and purrs for
> > england, she is such a flirt!
>
> > if there ever was an advert for adopting older cats she should be in
> > it, she is wonderful and I love her so much even though she is
> > completely daft.
>
> > bookie
>
> I absolutely love older cats. They're just fabulous--sort of more
> self-contained than silly younger ones. Jessie certainly doesn't look 18!
>
> Bonnie- Hide quoted text -

no i don't think she is really I think they must have got her age
wrong as they based it on her teeth (which were in a very bad state) i
think 15 at the most. Certainly the way she was playign this afternoon
chasing a pink wiggly worm on a string she coudl not be 18 (havign a
sleep now to get over the exercise)