PDA

View Full Version : Cat throws poop out of litter box

February 22nd 07, 07:37 PM
Hi,

Brought new cat home last week - went great - last two days I have
found her poop on the floor beside the litter box. It is lightly
dusted with litter - so it is being thrown out of the litter box - any
ideas?

Thanks,

Suki

cybercat
February 22nd 07, 07:46 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> Brought new cat home last week - went great - last two days I have
> found her poop on the floor beside the litter box. It is lightly
> dusted with litter - so it is being thrown out of the litter box - any
> ideas?

Get the high-sided box made for dogs, that has a little dip at the front
so the cat can get in without jumping. They are all different about this,
what you have is an enthusiastic digger/flinger! Petsmart has these.

Lynne
February 22nd 07, 08:08 PM
on Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:46:08 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> what you have is an enthusiastic digger/flinger!

I have to laugh. Levi did this the week before last--flung his poop all
the way across the bathroom, the little brat. He's quite an enthusiastic
digger, but thankfully it was a one time thing (so far).

I love that little ****(ter).

--
Lynne

Robotech_Master
February 22nd 07, 08:26 PM
My geriatric cat seems to have decided that the bathroom floor is
where her poop belongs, she doesn't even try to do it in the box
(though she does pee there).

I'm not sure how to break her of that habit.

--
Chris Meadows aka | WWW: http://www.terrania.us | Somebody
Robotech_Master | ICQ: 5477383 AIM: RoboMastr | help, I'm
| Skype, LJ-Gizmo: Robotech_Master | trapped in
| Yahoo: robotech_master_2000 | a sig file!

February 22nd 07, 08:59 PM
On Feb 22, 11:46 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > Hi,
>
> > Brought new cat home last week - went great - last two days I have
> > found her poop on the floor beside the litter box. It is lightly
> > dusted with litter - so it is being thrown out of the litter box - any
> > ideas?
>
> Get the high-sided box made for dogs, that has a little dip at the front
> so the cat can get in without jumping. They are all different about this,
> what you have is an enthusiastic digger/flinger! Petsmart has these.

Hi,

Thanks - I will take a look tomorrow! It could be worse - she could
be a hockey player too!

22brix
February 22nd 07, 11:15 PM
I have a geriatric cat that does that, too. She always does it in the same
spot so I finally got "puppy pads" and put them on the floor in her corner.
She's very good about only going there. Didn't have much luck trying to get
her to use the box and I've tried a number of things.

Good luck!

"Robotech_Master" > wrote in message
g...
> My geriatric cat seems to have decided that the bathroom floor is
> where her poop belongs, she doesn't even try to do it in the box
> (though she does pee there).
>
> I'm not sure how to break her of that habit.
>
> --
> Chris Meadows aka | WWW: http://www.terrania.us | Somebody
> Robotech_Master | ICQ: 5477383 AIM: RoboMastr | help, I'm
> | Skype, LJ-Gizmo: Robotech_Master | trapped in
> | Yahoo: robotech_master_2000 | a sig file!

mlbriggs
February 23rd 07, 01:10 AM
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:15:26 -0800, 22brix wrote:

> I have a geriatric cat that does that, too. She always does it in the same
> spot so I finally got "puppy pads" and put them on the floor in her corner.
> She's very good about only going there. Didn't have much luck trying to get
> her to use the box and I've tried a number of things.
>
> Good luck!
>
> "Robotech_Master" > wrote in message
> g...
>> My geriatric cat seems to have decided that the bathroom floor is
>> where her poop belongs, she doesn't even try to do it in the box
>> (though she does pee there).
>>
>> I'm not sure how to break her of that habit.
>>
>> --
>> Chris Meadows aka | WWW: http://www.terrania.us | Somebody
>> Robotech_Master | ICQ: 5477383 AIM: RoboMastr | help, I'm
>> | Skype, LJ-Gizmo: Robotech_Master | trapped in
>> | Yahoo: robotech_master_2000 | a sig file!

How deep is the litter? If it is too deep, it could be hard for her to
balance in position. Just a random thought. MLB

22brix
February 23rd 07, 02:17 AM
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:15:26 -0800, 22brix wrote:
>
>> I have a geriatric cat that does that, too. She always does it in the
>> same
>> spot so I finally got "puppy pads" and put them on the floor in her
>> corner.
>> She's very good about only going there. Didn't have much luck trying to
>> get
>> her to use the box and I've tried a number of things.
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> "Robotech_Master" > wrote in message
>> g...
>>> My geriatric cat seems to have decided that the bathroom floor is
>>> where her poop belongs, she doesn't even try to do it in the box
>>> (though she does pee there).
>>>
>>> I'm not sure how to break her of that habit.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Chris Meadows aka | WWW: http://www.terrania.us | Somebody
>>> Robotech_Master | ICQ: 5477383 AIM: RoboMastr | help, I'm
>>> in
>>> file!
>

> How deep is the litter? If it is too deep, it could be hard for her to
> balance in position. Just a random thought. MLB

I should try that again. I have a lot of cats and a myriad of boxes and I
have tried various combinations but it would be nice not to have to pick up
soaked pads all the time! She urinates a lot due to her kidney issues.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Bonnie