PDA

View Full Version : Reply for Cheryl re cat post questions.

blair thompson
February 22nd 07, 09:53 PM
Couldn't reply directly to you so am going this route.

Thanks for the pointer to all those great pictures. In the makeover,
it looks from the pic. like you wrapped the sisal right over the old
carpet...or did you apply the rope directly to the bare "pole"?. Also,
how did you wrap and secure it so tightly, because it would have to
survive, at least for a while, the torture test of serious claw
attacks. :))

Appreciate your suggestions.
Blair.

Cheryl
February 23rd 07, 03:26 AM
On Thu 22 Feb 2007 04:53:15p, blair thompson wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

> Thanks for the pointer to all those great pictures. In the
> makeover, it looks from the pic. like you wrapped the sisal
> right over the old carpet...or did you apply the rope directly
> to the bare "pole"?. Also, how did you wrap and secure it so
> tightly, because it would have to survive, at least for a while,
> the torture test of serious claw attacks. :))

I pulled the old carpet off of the poles. I attached the end of a
50 foot roll of sisal with a heavy duty staple, then wrapped and
wrapped and pushed it down as I wrapped to get it tight. Then
secured the other end at the top with another heavy duty staple. If
it takes more than one roll of sisal, overlap it a bit so the
staple doesn't show and doesn't protrude. It can take several
tries. Pry off any staple "misses" and make sure they go in the
trash.

If this stands up to my gang, it will stand up to ANYTHING. :)

--
Cheryl

Annie Wxill
February 23rd 07, 04:07 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
>> ...attached the end of a 50 foot roll of sisal with a heavy duty staple,
>> then wrapped and
> wrapped and pushed it down as I wrapped to get it tight. Then secured the
> other end at the top with another heavy duty staple. ...> --
> Cheryl

After you secure the first end with the staple, you can also get a product
called "Liquid Nails" to hold the sisal to the post as you wrap it. Liquid
Nails is available in home improvement stores.

Annie