PDA

View Full Version : Easily Chewable Dry Food

Lynne
February 23rd 07, 06:31 PM
on Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:33:45 GMT, "Gary Brown" >
wrote:

> Since our Snowy had some teeth out he stopped eating dry food.
> It is too hard to chew with his remaining teeth. He can eat kitty
> treats such as Temptations which I can crush with my fingers.
> Is there a better choice of dry food other than kitty treats that he
> might be able to chew?

Canned food is better for him all around.

--
Lynne

Gary Brown
February 23rd 07, 06:33 PM
Hi,

Since our Snowy had some teeth out he stopped eating dry food.
It is too hard to chew with his remaining teeth. He can eat kitty
treats such as Temptations which I can crush with my fingers.
Is there a better choice of dry food other than kitty treats that he
might be able to chew?

Thanks,
Gary

bookie
February 23rd 07, 07:27 PM
On 23 Feb, 17:33, "Gary Brown" > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since our Snowy had some teeth out he stopped eating dry food.
> It is too hard to chew with his remaining teeth. He can eat kitty
> treats such as Temptations which I can crush with my fingers.
> Is there a better choice of dry food other than kitty treats that he
> might be able to chew?
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

my jessie has just one good tooth left so i give her soft canned food
pretty much all the time, she does give dry food a go but isn't keen
as i dont think her previous mum ever gave it to her (or she woud not
have had such awful teeth if she had). anyway jessie loves whiskas
temptations, the crunchy ones with the soft insides, she purrs when
you shake the box even, I think she swallows them whole or something
but occasionally i hear her crunch one with her one remaining tooth.

I think whiskas also do a soft version of treats in a little dark pink
box just like the one the temptations come in, jessie not keen onthese
so much but you coudl try them.

bookie

cindys
February 23rd 07, 07:40 PM
"bookie" > wrote in message
oups.com...

snip
> my jessie has just one good tooth left so i give her soft canned food
> pretty much all the time, she does give dry food a go but isn't keen
> as i dont think her previous mum ever gave it to her (or she woud not
> have had such awful teeth if she had). anyway jessie loves whiskas
> temptations, the crunchy ones with the soft insides, she purrs when
> you shake the box even, I think she swallows them whole or something
> but occasionally i hear her crunch one with her one remaining tooth.
-------
FTR, the bone beneath the cat's gums is still hard. I think in many cases,
they are essentially able to chew with their gums. My Bullwinkle had quite a
few teeth out, and we do give him canned food (just because it's good for
him), but he still also likes the dry food and is seemingly able to chew it
effortlessly.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Rhonda
February 23rd 07, 07:51 PM
Cats don't always chew dry food, many just swallow it whole. Maybe just
look for something with small pieces.

Rhonda

Gary Brown wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since our Snowy had some teeth out he stopped eating dry food.
> It is too hard to chew with his remaining teeth. He can eat kitty
> treats such as Temptations which I can crush with my fingers.
> Is there a better choice of dry food other than kitty treats that he
> might be able to chew?
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

Rene S.
February 23rd 07, 08:29 PM
On Feb 23, 11:33 am, "Gary Brown" > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since our Snowy had some teeth out he stopped eating dry food.
> It is too hard to chew with his remaining teeth. He can eat kitty
> treats such as Temptations which I can crush with my fingers.
> Is there a better choice of dry food other than kitty treats that he
> might be able to chew?
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

It's possible he's associating the dry food with the pain he
previously felt before his teeth were removed. Like a PP said, canned
food is all-around healthier for him.