PDA

View Full Version : Male kitten just started spraying

Crumb
February 24th 07, 05:56 AM
The vet said to wait until march to have the little jackass neutered.
He's just begun spraying. He is scheduled to have his jewells removed
in a couple of weeks. Once he's neutered, will he quit spraying? The
reason I ask is becaise we had a male who was neutered and the vet
only found one testicle. He said the other was either not there on
nondecended. That cat was neutered after he began spraying and never
quit.

I can't take the odor. Is there anything I can do in the mean time?
Female kitty hormones? Anything?

Thanks

Matthew
February 24th 07, 06:42 AM
You can find another vet that can do it earlier. Most cats will stop
spraying
and no you can't do anything to help it. You can use products such as urine
gone to get rid of the markings

"Crumb" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The vet said to wait until march to have the little jackass neutered.
> He's just begun spraying. He is scheduled to have his jewells removed
> in a couple of weeks. Once he's neutered, will he quit spraying? The
> reason I ask is becaise we had a male who was neutered and the vet
> only found one testicle. He said the other was either not there on
> nondecended. That cat was neutered after he began spraying and never
> quit.
>
> I can't take the odor. Is there anything I can do in the mean time?
> Female kitty hormones? Anything?
>
> Thanks

Catlover Medway via CatKB.com
February 24th 07, 09:46 PM
Previous reply is absolutely correct in that you have to clean the area
thoroughly, otherwise your cat will be virtually programmed to top it up.
Good cleaning tips in the Cats Protection and Celia Haddon sites. It would be
interesting to know if there are other cats in the household.

http://www.cats.org.uk/catcare/leaflets/610_spraying.pdf
http://www.fabcats.org/spraying.html
http://www.fabcats.org/behaviour_pheromonatherapy.html
http://www.celiahaddon.co.uk/pet%20problems/cats/frameset.html
http://www.fabcats.org/neuteringhomepage.html

Crumb wrote:
>The vet said to wait until march to have the little jackass neutered.
>He's just begun spraying. He is scheduled to have his jewells removed
>in a couple of weeks. Once he's neutered, will he quit spraying? The
>reason I ask is becaise we had a male who was neutered and the vet
>only found one testicle. He said the other was either not there on
>nondecended. That cat was neutered after he began spraying and never
>quit.
>
>I can't take the odor. Is there anything I can do in the mean time?
>Female kitty hormones? Anything?
>
>Thanks

Crumb
February 25th 07, 01:15 AM
On Feb 24, 3:46 pm, "Catlover Medway via CatKB.com" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Previous reply is absolutely correct in that you have to clean the area
> thoroughly, otherwise your cat will be virtually programmed to top it up.
> Good cleaning tips in the Cats Protection and Celia Haddon sites. It would be
> interesting to know if there are other cats in the household.
>
> http://www.cats.org.uk/catcare/leaflets/610_spraying.pdfhttp://www.fabcats.org/spraying.htmlhttp://www.fabcats.org/behaviour_pheromonatherapy.htmlhttp://www.celiahaddon.co.uk/pet%20problems/cats/frameset.htmlhttp://www.fabcats.org/neuteringhomepage.html
>
> Crumb wrote:
> >The vet said to wait until march to have the little jackass neutered.
> >He's just begun spraying. He is scheduled to have his jewells removed
> >in a couple of weeks. Once he's neutered, will he quit spraying? The
> >reason I ask is becaise we had a male who was neutered and the vet
> >only found one testicle. He said the other was either not there on
> >nondecended. That cat was neutered after he began spraying and never
> >quit.
>
> >I can't take the odor. Is there anything I can do in the mean time?
> >Female kitty hormones? Anything?
>
> >Thanks

There is one older neutered male cat which hasn't taken too kindly to
the "kitten".
The kitten is not spraying in the sense but leaving a spot of
hideously odorous "fluid" ie male cat spray.
I'm assuming that this fluid is different than actual urine.

Now once the source of the testostorone is gone, I would hope that the
odor will go as well.

He's left the odorous fluid twice but has not really started the act
of backing up to an object and spraying.