PDA

View Full Version : Manic licking


Barry
February 24th 07, 12:25 PM
7 yr.0ld - short-haired-Feline HIV..happy & healthy;but recently when
back (near tail )is stroked, he starts manically licking..this is a
recent neurosis. WHY??

---MIKE---
February 24th 07, 12:43 PM
All cats do this to some degree. If my face is near, Tiger will lick my
forehead with his sandpaper tongue.


---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

sheelagh
February 25th 07, 12:02 AM
On 24 Feb, 12:25, "Barry" > wrote:
> 7 yr.0ld - short-haired-Feline HIV..happy & healthy;but recently when
> back (near tail )is stroked, he starts manically licking..this is a
> recent neurosis. WHY??

I can't be certain about this, but I seem to remember reading
somewhere that it is obsessive behavior:
Below is what I found when I googled it for you. If you want a link to
the page, just shout & I will forward it to you:

Grooming can be a "displacement behaviour" in cats - that is, when a
cat is confused or frightened it may stop what it is doing and start
grooming vigorously. Owners often notice this when a cat has had an
encounter with a dominant, aggressive neighbourhood cat , or when a
cat has been frightened by loud noises such as fireworks or thunder
claps
Excessive grooming might be present for a variety of reasons :

If the skin is itchy or irritable - eg if the cat has fleas, a skin
allergy or other form of skin disease
If the cat is being dominated by a neighbours cat , or it has been
frightened by something else
If the cat is too hot and is trying to lose body heat
If the cat has foreign material on its coat -it will groom itself
vigorously to remove it
So it looks like there are a number of reasons why. Can you hazard a
guess at which one it might be? If so, I can send you a more detailed
link to read, ok?
S;o)

piggy smalls
February 25th 07, 12:36 AM
On Feb 24, 7:02 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> I can't be certain about this, but I seem to remember reading
> somewhere that it is obsessive behavior:
> Below is what I found when I googled it for you. If you want a link to
> the page, just shout & I will forward it to you:

For ****'s sake, just post the link. It's not a state secret.

http://www.provet.co.uk/Petfacts/healthtips/groomingexcesscats.htm

Barry
February 25th 07, 03:43 AM
On Feb 24, 7:25 am, "Barry" > wrote:
> 7 yr.0ld - short-haired-Feline HIV..happy & healthy;but recently when
> back (near tail )is stroked, he starts manically licking..this is a
> recent neurosis. WHY??

don't use my name, get your own name, i had that name first
you should... make your name something other than Barry

Barry
February 25th 07, 03:53 AM
On Feb 24, 7:25 am, "Barry" > wrote:
> 7 yr.0ld - short-haired-Feline HIV..happy & healthy;but recently when
> back (near tail )is stroked, he starts manically licking..this is a
> recent neurosis. WHY??

Hello asshole

Sherry
February 25th 07, 04:15 AM
On Feb 24, 6:25?am, "Barry" > wrote:
> 7 yr.0ld - short-haired-Feline HIV..happy & healthy;but recently when
> back (near tail )is stroked, he starts manically licking..this is a
> recent neurosis. WHY??

Sounds like Feline Hyperesthesia Syndrome. You might google it for
more info. and see if it sounds like your cat's behavior. I had a cat
who had it,but it's been so long ago I don't remember enough about the
specifics to explain it.

Barry
February 25th 07, 04:19 AM
On Feb 24, 10:43 pm, "Barry" > wrote:
> don't use my name, get your own name, i had that name first
> you should... make your name something other than Barry

Copyright it or STFU:

http://www.copyright.gov/

I'm sure you can con someone into paying the fee for you, as it
appears all your money is tied up in dope and studio equipment.

Barry
February 25th 07, 10:02 AM
On Feb 24, 11:15 pm, "Sherry" > wrote:
> On Feb 24, 6:25?am, "Barry" > wrote:
>
> > 7 yr.0ld - short-haired-Feline HIV..happy & healthy;but recently when
> > back (near tail )is stroked, he starts manically licking..this is a
> > recent neurosis. WHY??
>
> Sounds like Feline Hyperesthesia Syndrome. You might google it for
> more info. and see if it sounds like your cat's behavior. I had a cat
> who had it,but it's been so long ago I don't remember enough about the
> specifics to explain it.

is a troll cher

Barry
February 25th 07, 10:05 AM
On Feb 24, 11:19 pm, "Barry" > wrote:

> I'm sure you can con someone into paying the fee for you, as it
> appears all your money is tied up in dope and studio equipment.

you can't judge a book by the cover

the clothes don't make the man

mooooove... get off my naaame