PDA

View Full Version : Lion cut for long-haired cats

Chris
February 24th 07, 02:20 PM
Lion cut for long-haired cats

How is it done?
Who does it? Vet? Groomer?
Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?
How often does it need to be done?
How much does it cost?
Does it prevent matting?
What else do I need to know?
--
Chris

22brix
February 24th 07, 07:26 PM
]...

http://www.thecatgallery.com/himalayan_cat_models_page_8.html

> Who does it? Vet? Groomer

Either--if you have him sedated I'd prefer the vet. At my vet they'll shave
them but don't make any promises as to aesthetic results! A groomer might
not want to deal with a hysterical cat but some will and you'd probably get
better looking results. I've shaved him (very difficult due to his
personality) and so has my vet but I live in a small town where groomers are
few and far between--and none of them really want to tackle a very cranky
cat.

> Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?

Possibly--depends on personality of the cat. We had Clover shaved last year
during a dental procedure--he was already sedated and he's so hard to
handle. I'm not yet sure what we'll do this year. I don't know what
groomers typically do but I doubt that they use sedation.

> How often does it need to be done?

Depends on why you're doing it. If for aesthetics only probably more often,
although I'd have a hard time justifying shaving them for just for the look.
I've shaved my curmudgeon at home (due to extreme hairballs) and had him
shaved at the vets and it lasted from April through the summer and into
fall. I don't shave him in the winter--the hairballs aren't so severe then.

> How much does it cost?

Varies with what you have done and where you do it. In the link with the
pictures there's a breakdown of what it cost these people

> Does it prevent matting?

Yes--no hair no matting.

> What else do I need to know?

> --
> Chris

At least with my cat, once he gets over being mad at me for restraining him
he seems to like it just fine.

Have fun! Bonnie

blkcatgal
February 25th 07, 12:42 AM
Some vets have groomers on staff. There is a vet near me that has a
groomer. You may want to check around to find a vet with a groomer if you
need to have the cat sedated but a good job done.

S.
"22brix" > wrote in message

> "Chris" ]> wrote in message
> ]...
>> Lion cut for long-haired cats
>>
>> How is it done?
>
> http://www.thecatgallery.com/himalayan_cat_models_page_8.html
>
>> Who does it? Vet? Groomer
>
> Either--if you have him sedated I'd prefer the vet. At my vet they'll
> shave them but don't make any promises as to aesthetic results! A groomer
> might not want to deal with a hysterical cat but some will and you'd
> probably get better looking results. I've shaved him (very difficult due
> to his personality) and so has my vet but I live in a small town where
> groomers are few and far between--and none of them really want to tackle a
> very cranky cat.
>
>> Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?
>
> Possibly--depends on personality of the cat. We had Clover shaved last
> year during a dental procedure--he was already sedated and he's so hard to
> handle. I'm not yet sure what we'll do this year. I don't know what
> groomers typically do but I doubt that they use sedation.
>
>> How often does it need to be done?
>
> Depends on why you're doing it. If for aesthetics only probably more
> often, although I'd have a hard time justifying shaving them for just for
> the look. I've shaved my curmudgeon at home (due to extreme hairballs) and
> had him shaved at the vets and it lasted from April through the summer and
> into fall. I don't shave him in the winter--the hairballs aren't so
> severe then.
>
>> How much does it cost?
>
> Varies with what you have done and where you do it. In the link with the
> pictures there's a breakdown of what it cost these people
>
>> Does it prevent matting?
>
> Yes--no hair no matting.
>
>> What else do I need to know?
>
>> --
>> Chris
>
> At least with my cat, once he gets over being mad at me for restraining
> him he seems to like it just fine.
>
> Have fun! Bonnie

cindys
February 25th 07, 01:03 AM
"Chris" ]> wrote in message
]...
> Lion cut for long-haired cats
>
> How is it done?
> Who does it? Vet? Groomer?
> Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?
> How often does it need to be done?
> How much does it cost?
> Does it prevent matting?
> What else do I need to know?
--------------
I can only tell you about my experience. We had it done at the vet. My cat
did not require anesthesia. We have had it done only once (last spring), and
we will be having it done again in another month or so. (It takes a while
for the fur to grow back). It did get rid of all the knots and mats (which
are starting to reappear for the first time now - nearly a year later). It
cost around $20 or $30. FTR, the cat was not shaved (at least my cat
wasn't).. His fur was cut short with scissors. He looked very cute.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Sherry
February 25th 07, 06:28 AM
On Feb 24, 8:20�am, Chris ]> wrote:
> Lion cut for long-haired cats
>
> How is it done?
> Who does it? *Vet? *Groomer?

Biskit's was done by the veterinarian's in-house groomer. She was
shaved, but not "bald." The groomer used clippers that left about 1/4
inch of hair.

> Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?

She was. If your cat isn't accustomed to being groomed, she will have
to at least be sedated.

> How often does it need to be done?
Hers grew back in about 4 months

> How much does it cost?
IIRC, it was around $60, including sedation. Usually the vet mandates
that the cat be current on vaccinations (particularly rabies), and if
not, they'll require you do that, too.

> Does it prevent matting?
Absolutely yes.

> What else do I need to know?

If your kitty goes outdoors, don't do it. It leaves the cat very
vulnerable to sunburn, and he/she also loses the protection of the fur
if he/she gets into fights with other cats. We love it. Biskit has
fine, long hair that mats easily. She even *acts* like she thinks
she's quite pretty after a lion cut. I don't have her done in the
winter. Only in late spring.

HTH
Sherry
> --
> Chris

-L.
February 25th 07, 08:22 AM
Chris wrote:
> Lion cut for long-haired cats
>
> How is it done?

Usually cat is sedated and nails are trimmed. Groomer combs out fur
and then uses a shaver to shave the cat, leaving the mane and tufts on
the tail and paws.

> Who does it? Vet? Groomer?

Groomer or vet tech.

> Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?

95 percent of them need sedation.

> How often does it need to be done?

If you comb your cat, never. If you don't comb your cat, every 4 to 6
months, or sooner..

> How much does it cost?

Sedation can run $15-65 dollars depending on what is needed. Cut runs
about $25.00

> Does it prevent matting?

No. Combing prevents matting.

> What else do I need to know?

If you cat is severely matted, get a lion cut and ask that the mane be
cut short, and have the cat bathed. Then buy medium and fine-toothed
metal grooming combs and ask the groomer to show you how to comb the
cat. Comb the cat every day or every other day, and you will never
have to have it shaved again.

-L.
(former groomer)

-L.
February 25th 07, 08:24 AM
Chris wrote:
> Lion cut for long-haired cats
>
> How is it done?
> Who does it? Vet? Groomer?
> Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?
> How often does it need to be done?
> How much does it cost?
> Does it prevent matting?
> What else do I need to know?
> --
> Chris

By the way, if you have it done, ask that they use a #10 blade. This
will leave a short fur on the cat (about 1/4 inch or so).
-L.

-L.
February 25th 07, 08:27 AM
cindys wrote:
> "Chris" ]> wrote in message
> ]...
> > Lion cut for long-haired cats
> >
> > How is it done?
> > Who does it? Vet? Groomer?
> > Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?
> > How often does it need to be done?
> > How much does it cost?
> > Does it prevent matting?
> > What else do I need to know?
> --------------
> I can only tell you about my experience. We had it done at the vet. My cat
> did not require anesthesia. We have had it done only once (last spring), and
> we will be having it done again in another month or so. (It takes a while
> for the fur to grow back). It did get rid of all the knots and mats (which
> are starting to reappear for the first time now - nearly a year later). It
> cost around $20 or $30. FTR, the cat was not shaved (at least my cat
> wasn't).. His fur was cut short with scissors.

That's extrememly unusual. Are you sure they just didn't use a shaver
that kept the fur longer? There is a #5 blade that keeps the fur at
about a half-inch, but it shaves the fur pretty unevenly. If your cat
had an even cut, it was probably shaved with an electric razor using a
#10 blade.

-L.

Barry
February 25th 07, 10:09 AM
On Feb 24, 9:20 am, Chris ]> wrote:
> Lion cut for long-haired cats
>
> How is it done?
> Who does it? Vet? Groomer?
> Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?
> How often does it need to be done?
> How much does it cost?
> Does it prevent matting?
> What else do I need to know?
> --
> Chris

I dunno, but sounds GRAND.

Post pics!

cindys
February 25th 07, 01:25 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cindys wrote:
>> "Chris" ]> wrote in message
>> ]...
>> > Lion cut for long-haired cats
>> >
>> > How is it done?
>> > Who does it? Vet? Groomer?
>> > Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?
>> > How often does it need to be done?
>> > How much does it cost?
>> > Does it prevent matting?
>> > What else do I need to know?
>> --------------
>> I can only tell you about my experience. We had it done at the vet. My
>> cat
>> did not require anesthesia. We have had it done only once (last spring),
>> and
>> we will be having it done again in another month or so. (It takes a while
>> for the fur to grow back). It did get rid of all the knots and mats
>> (which
>> are starting to reappear for the first time now - nearly a year later).
>> It
>> cost around $20 or $30. FTR, the cat was not shaved (at least my cat
>> wasn't).. His fur was cut short with scissors.
>
> That's extrememly unusual. Are you sure they just didn't use a shaver
> that kept the fur longer? There is a #5 blade that keeps the fur at
> about a half-inch, but it shaves the fur pretty unevenly. If your cat
> had an even cut, it was probably shaved with an electric razor using a
> #10 blade.
------------
It could have been a shaver. I assumed they had used a scissors because the
fur was uneven, but I never asked specifically. You're probably right. But I
suspect they did use a scissors at least around his hind legs bacause I
don't think he would have tolerated someone's using a shaver back there.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys
February 25th 07, 01:46 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Chris wrote:
>> Lion cut for long-haired cats
>>
>> How is it done?
>
> Usually cat is sedated and nails are trimmed. Groomer combs out fur
> and then uses a shaver to shave the cat, leaving the mane and tufts on
> the tail and paws.
>
>> Who does it? Vet? Groomer?
>
> Groomer or vet tech.
>
>> Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?
>
> 95 percent of them need sedation.
---------------
I never realized that. At home, Alex is not the least bit cooperative, but I
think he gets so nervous at the vet that he gets *catatonic* (freezes up).
In his case, I doubt that he was sedated because if he had been, I think
they would have mentioned it, and I would have seen an extra charge on the
itemized bill. Also, I think the price for the lion cut would have been a
lot expensive (I was pleasantly surprised that it was so cheap). But, when I
take him for another lion cut (in a month or two), I will definitely find
out. It's not that I would take issue with it; I would just like to know.
Thanks.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Sherry
February 25th 07, 03:40 PM
On Feb 25, 2:22�am, "-L." > wrote:
> Chris wrote:
> > Lion cut for long-haired cats
>
> > How is it done?
>
> Usually cat is sedated and nails are trimmed. *Groomer combs out fur
> and then uses a shaver to shave the cat, leaving the mane and tufts on
> the tail and paws.
>
> > Who does it? *Vet? *Groomer?
>
> Groomer or vet tech.
>
> > Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?
>
> 95 percent of them need sedation.
>
> > How often does it need to be done?
>
> If you comb your cat, never. *If you don't comb your cat, every 4 to 6
> months, or sooner..
>
> > How much does it cost?
>
> Sedation can run $15-65 dollars depending on what is needed. *Cut runs
> about $25.00
>
> > Does it prevent matting?
>
> No. *Combing prevents matting.
>
> > What else do I need to know?
>
> If you cat is severely matted, get a lion cut and ask that the mane be
> cut short, and have the cat bathed. *Then buy medium and fine-toothed
> metal grooming combs and ask the groomer to show you how to comb the
> cat. *Comb the cat every day or every other day, and you will never
> have to have it shaved again.
>
> -L.
> (former groomer)

Usually I'd agree, but I've found an exception. Biskit has angora-fine
hair, and it's long, dry, and fly-away. That otherwise sweet cat
starts emitting a low growl when she *sees* a comb or brush, and if
one touches her, she freaks out. I've bought everything; even a zoom
groom & "petting glove". The Zoom Groom was a no-go and the petting
glove is tolerated about 30 seconds.
But re: the other cats, my tool of choice for the longhairs is a wide-
toothed comb with metal tines that are spaced wide and swivel
independently. Frank is a Balinese-type, a longer & thicker coat than
Biskit's. The mere sight of a brush puts him in instant nirvana and he
starts to drool. He never matts, ever.
Do you remember Bikkie? Here's her "Extreme Cat Makeover" photo. The
screen is the pic I took of her when we found her:

http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/makeover.jpg

This is her after her cut last spring:
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/bikkiehaircut1.jpg

Sherry

-L.
February 25th 07, 05:22 PM
Sherry wrote:

> Usually I'd agree, but I've found an exception. Biskit has angora-fine
> hair, and it's long, dry, and fly-away. That otherwise sweet cat
> starts emitting a low growl when she *sees* a comb or brush, and if
> one touches her, she freaks out. I've bought everything; even a zoom
> groom & "petting glove". The Zoom Groom was a no-go and the petting
> glove is tolerated about 30 seconds.

Oh, I know some cats won't tolerate grooming. :) Like everything,
there are always exceptions.

> But re: the other cats, my tool of choice for the longhairs is a wide-
> toothed comb with metal tines that are spaced wide and swivel
> independently. Frank is a Balinese-type, a longer & thicker coat than
> Biskit's. The mere sight of a brush puts him in instant nirvana and he
> starts to drool. He never matts, ever.

Keeping the guard hairs culled really makes all the difference. I
have seen cats that start to matt the minute after they are combed,
though. It's one reason I will never have a long-haired cat! Some
Persians have been bred for hair that is almost 9 inches long -
ridiculous - and impossible to groom.

> Do you remember Bikkie? Here's her "Extreme Cat Makeover" photo. The
> screen is the pic I took of her when we found her:
>
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/makeover.jpg
>
> This is her after her cut last spring:
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/bikkiehaircut1.jpg

Yes - I love her coloring! :) I'm surprised they left her tail so
long - I always did the end poof like a lion. :) I also trimmed the
mane into a page boy haircut, so that it layed really nice, a bit
shorter underneath. I used to get a lot of compliments and tips for
my cuts, but I was a lot more meticulous that some of the other people
who did grooming. This one woman just shaved the cat without regard
as to how it looked, and her cuts always looked like crap. If I had
paid $85-$125 to get my cat groomed and it came out looking like that,
I'd be ****ed!

-L.

22brix
February 25th 07, 05:37 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Sherry wrote:
>>
>> Usually I'd agree, but I've found an exception. Biskit has angora-fine
>> hair, and it's long, dry, and fly-away. That otherwise sweet cat
>> starts emitting a low growl when she *sees* a comb or brush, and if
>> one touches her, she freaks out. I've bought everything; even a zoom
>> groom & "petting glove". The Zoom Groom was a no-go and the petting
>> glove is tolerated about 30 seconds.
>
> Oh, I know some cats won't tolerate grooming. :) Like everything,
> there are always exceptions.
>
>> But re: the other cats, my tool of choice for the longhairs is a wide-
>> toothed comb with metal tines that are spaced wide and swivel
>> independently. Frank is a Balinese-type, a longer & thicker coat than
>> Biskit's. The mere sight of a brush puts him in instant nirvana and he
>> starts to drool. He never matts, ever.
>
> Keeping the guard hairs culled really makes all the difference. I
> have seen cats that start to matt the minute after they are combed,
> though. It's one reason I will never have a long-haired cat! Some
> Persians have been bred for hair that is almost 9 inches long -
> ridiculous - and impossible to groom.
>
>> Do you remember Bikkie? Here's her "Extreme Cat Makeover" photo. The
>> screen is the pic I took of her when we found her:
>>
>> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/makeover.jpg
>>
>> This is her after her cut last spring:
>> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/bikkiehaircut1.jpg
>
> Yes - I love her coloring! :) I'm surprised they left her tail so
> long - I always did the end poof like a lion. :) I also trimmed the
> mane into a page boy haircut, so that it layed really nice, a bit
> shorter underneath. I used to get a lot of compliments and tips for
> my cuts, but I was a lot more meticulous that some of the other people
> who did grooming. This one woman just shaved the cat without regard
> as to how it looked, and her cuts always looked like crap. If I had
> paid $85-$125 to get my cat groomed and it came out looking like that,
> I'd be ****ed!
>
> -L.

Do you do house calls?!? A lovely trip to warm California perhaps?

-L.
February 26th 07, 10:23 AM
22brix wrote:

> Do you do house calls?!? A lovely trip to warm California perhaps?

My consulting fee is $175.00/hr, one hour minimum. ;)

-L.

Barry
February 26th 07, 01:16 PM
On Feb 26, 5:23 am, "-L." > wrote:

> My consulting fee is $175.00/hr, one hour minimum. ;)
>
> -L.

ROFLMAO

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiii hahahaha

Ill take one! do me! do me!

wooooooooooooooo hahahahahaaa

one hour minimum!?

For that kind of money, I'm gonna need you to talk mean and dirty to
me.

lol

wait! I get that for free right now... never mind

Jennifer
February 26th 07, 02:41 PM
On Feb 24, 7:20 am, Chris ]> wrote:
> Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?
> What else do I need to know?

That it's one of the goofiest-looking things I've ever seen? ;)
That cats can have adverse reactions to anaesthesia and get very sick
or die, so it's best to avoid anaesthetizing them unless it's
medically necessary?

--
Jennifer

Sherry
February 26th 07, 02:56 PM
On Feb 26, 8:41�am, "Jennifer" > wrote:
> On Feb 24, 7:20 am, Chris ]> wrote:
>
> > Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?
> > What else do I need to know?
>
> That it's one of the goofiest-looking things I've ever seen? *;)
> That cats can have adverse reactions to anaesthesia and get very sick
> or die, so it's best to avoid anaesthetizing them unless it's
> medically necessary?
>
> --
> Jennifer

I don't think it's a full-blown anesthesia that they use, not the same
kind for surgery. I believe Biskit was just sedated. (I could be wrong
about this; Lyn probably knows)...
OTOH, I think a matted, dirty cat coat *is* a medical necessity. I
would never groom a cat for aesthetics though.
Biskit looked so goofy at first. If she wasn't so unusually marked, I
'd swear they gave me the wrong cat. She was so *tiny*, so much
smaller than I thought she was.

Sherry

22brix
February 26th 07, 02:59 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> 22brix wrote:
>> >

>> Do you do house calls?!? A lovely trip to warm California perhaps?
>
> My consulting fee is $175.00/hr, one hour minimum. ;)
>
> -L.

Hmmm--might be cheaper to send the cat!

Sherry
February 26th 07, 02:59 PM
On Feb 25, 11:22�am, "-L." > wrote:

> > This is her after her cut last spring:
> >http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/bikkiehaircut1.jpg
>
> Yes - I love her coloring! :) *I'm surprised they left her tail so
> long - I always did the end poof like a lion. :) *>
> -L.

I've been told that this was a crummy lion cut. I really didn't know
what to expect, so didn't know the difference between a good & bad
cut. Apparently she should have been left with a "mane" and a tail-
poof.
If it becomes necessary next year, I'll probably take her to the same
groomer. It was a good experience, overall, and she didn't come home
traumatized, or cut, and the groomer seemed to truly love cats. So in
view of all that, her hairdo was pretty fine I guess.

Sherry

cindys
February 26th 07, 08:13 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

snip

> This one woman just shaved the cat without regard
> as to how it looked, and her cuts always looked like crap. If I had
> paid $85-$125 to get my cat groomed and it came out looking like that,
> I'd be ****ed!
-----
Well, Alex came out looking pretty much like that as well. But at least we
didn't pay too much for it. I was just glad his mats and knots were gone.
Better a cheap crappy cut than an expensive crappy cut, I always say ;-)
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

-L.
February 27th 07, 07:55 AM
Sherry wrote:

> I don't think it's a full-blown anesthesia that they use, not the same
> kind for surgery. I believe Biskit was just sedated. (I could be wrong
> about this; Lyn probably knows)...

Depends on the cat. usually it's just injectible sedation - but some
cats need gas (isofluorane), which gets spendy, but is still
relatively safe (safer than some injectibles).

> OTOH, I think a matted, dirty cat coat *is* a medical necessity.

Yes, it is. Matts can cause abscesses if they are left unattended.
Matts around the anal area can attract flies which will then lay eggs,
which hatch and eat the feces and sometimes the flesh underneath.
Yes, I have seen it more than once.

> would never groom a cat for aesthetics though.
> Biskit looked so goofy at first. If she wasn't so unusually marked, I
> 'd swear they gave me the wrong cat. She was so *tiny*, so much
> smaller than I thought she was.

It's amazing how much their hair hides. If done right, a lion cut is
very cute.

-L.

-L.
February 27th 07, 08:00 AM
Sherry wrote:

> I've been told that this was a crummy lion cut. I really didn't know
> what to expect, so didn't know the difference between a good & bad
> cut. Apparently she should have been left with a "mane" and a tail-
> poof.

Personally I like a shorter mane. If the mane is left too long (like
a true lion) it just looks raggedy. But some groomers do it that
way. I would basically shave everything but the head and shave
underneath the hair on the neck a bit, and then trim it, so that it
laid nicely. I really wish I had taken some photos of my work.

> If it becomes necessary next year, I'll probably take her to the same
> groomer. It was a good experience, overall, and she didn't come home
> traumatized, or cut, and the groomer seemed to truly love cats. So in
> view of all that, her hairdo was pretty fine I guess.

Really the only cats that are in danger of being cut while being
groomed are really old cats because their skin gets really thin. I
cut one once and felt terrible, but it really wasn't anything I could
prevent. the second I touched her with the shaver, her skin came
off. :/

-L.

MaryL
March 1st 07, 12:27 AM
"Chris" ]> wrote in message
]...
> Lion cut for long-haired cats
>
> How is it done?
> Who does it? Vet? Groomer?
> Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?
> How often does it need to be done?
> How much does it cost?
> Does it prevent matting?
> What else do I need to know?
> --
> Chris

Some of you may remember Megan, who used to post on this group. She does
lion cuts, and she does a fantastic job -- the cats really do look lions
after she works on them. She does not sedate the cats. She goes to their
homes and has their hoomins help calm the cats if needed. Here are a few
pictures of some of the cats with their new furstyles:
ttp://tinyurl.com/2xecln

Sadly, Marvin (one of Megan's beloved cats, shown in a few of the pictures)
died yesterday of congestive heart failure. He was only 9 years old, but he
had the best of care for those 9 years.

MaryL

MaryL
March 1st 07, 12:36 AM

> "Chris" ]> wrote in message
> ]...
>> Lion cut for long-haired cats
>>
>> How is it done?
>> Who does it? Vet? Groomer?
>> Does the cat have to be anaesthetised?
>> How often does it need to be done?
>> How much does it cost?
>> Does it prevent matting?
>> What else do I need to know?
>> --
>> Chris
>

> Some of you may remember Megan, who used to post on this group. She does
> lion cuts, and she does a fantastic job -- the cats really do look lions
> after she works on them. She does not sedate the cats. She goes to their
> homes and has their hoomins help calm the cats if needed. Here are a few
> pictures of some of the cats with their new furstyles:
> ttp://tinyurl.com/2xecln
>
> Sadly, Marvin (one of Megan's beloved cats, shown in a few of the
> pictures) died yesterday of congestive heart failure. He was only 9 years
> old, but he had the best of care for those 9 years.
>
> MaryL

I see I left one of the letters of the URL for the pictures. Here is the
correct link: http://tinyurl.com/2xecln

--
MaryL

-L.
March 1st 07, 07:44 AM
MaryL wrote:

> Some of you may remember Megan, who used to post on this group. She does
> lion cuts, and she does a fantastic job -- the cats really do look lions
> after she works on them. She does not sedate the cats. She goes to their
> homes and has their hoomins help calm the cats if needed. Here are a few
> pictures of some of the cats with their new furstyles:
> ttp://tinyurl.com/2xecln
>
> Sadly, Marvin (one of Megan's beloved cats, shown in a few of the pictures)
> died yesterday of congestive heart failure. He was only 9 years old, but he
> had the best of care for those 9 years.
>
> MaryL

Aaaaw - poor Marvin! May he rest in peace. She really does do a good
job at grooming them. Chi Chi looks amazing:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=15439250&uid=2364916

-L.

AZ Nomad
March 1st 07, 09:41 PM
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:36:05 -0600, MaryL -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:
>I see I left one of the letters of the URL for the pictures. Here is the
>correct link: http://tinyurl.com/2xecln

Another kitty when she had a lion cut last year. (It's time again right
now as her tummy is getting all knotted)

http://pets.webshots.com/album/557513465jzDNBu