PDA

View Full Version : Clean cat now marking

Wayfarer
February 26th 07, 02:09 AM
Hi All,

I have a torte that was a feral, I adopted from a kitten rescue. Cara has
been high tempered but a good girl, ultra clean (would even hide in the
litter box and go there to throw up if needed) for the last six years then
suddenly about 4 months ago began pooping on the carpet and even up on the
table where I feed her.

Took her to the vet who did an expression of her anal glands and suggested
the Feliway diffuser. That helped a bit and reduced her marking from daily
to every other day but she has reverted and in the last week also started
peeing outside the box.

This started when some neighbor's cats started hanging out outside my patio
door. My pets are all inside only (one 15 year-old Golden Retriever, my 12
year-old tom Nightshade, Sasha and Cara rescue girls together 7 years-old,
and Matilda a 4 year old abandoned torte.). The neighbor's cats still
occassionally come around but not as much.

Advice appreciated.

Marta

Gail
February 26th 07, 03:10 AM
Was she checked for a urinary tract infection?
Gail
"Wayfarer" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a torte that was a feral, I adopted from a kitten rescue. Cara has
> been high tempered but a good girl, ultra clean (would even hide in the
> litter box and go there to throw up if needed) for the last six years then
> suddenly about 4 months ago began pooping on the carpet and even up on the
> table where I feed her.
>
> Took her to the vet who did an expression of her anal glands and suggested
> the Feliway diffuser. That helped a bit and reduced her marking from
> daily to every other day but she has reverted and in the last week also
> started peeing outside the box.
>
> This started when some neighbor's cats started hanging out outside my
> patio door. My pets are all inside only (one 15 year-old Golden
> Retriever, my 12 year-old tom Nightshade, Sasha and Cara rescue girls
> together 7 years-old, and Matilda a 4 year old abandoned torte.). The
> neighbor's cats still occassionally come around but not as much.
>
> Advice appreciated.
>
> Marta

Rhonda
February 26th 07, 03:34 AM
Marta,

Has anything else changed -- litter, etc? Is the litterbox close to the
door where the cats visit?

Rhonda