PDA

View Full Version : Spayed but appears to be in season

lornie2312
February 26th 07, 08:53 PM
I am hoping someone out there can help! I have a 16 month old part siamese
cat. She is spoilt rotten and was lovely, until 4am this morning! I had her
spayed the minute the vet said it was possible and it went without any
problems.

Last night for the first time ever I noticed other cats in our garden, i
didnt think anything of it until 4 am this morning Rossi woke us up as she
was rolling all over the landing on her back making weird noises and
breathing with her mouth open.

I walked downstairs and heard another cat go out the cat flap so decided to
shut her in. When i got up this morning i let her out and straight away she
went and laid in the middle of the lawn and 2 tom cats came to her and 'did
bad things'!!!

I have kept her in but she wont stop calling and rolling herself about.

Can anyone help with some advise or should she be taken straight to the vets
tomorrow to see whether there is a problem?

Many thanks
Lornie

Buddy's Mom
February 26th 07, 10:02 PM
Doesn't sound like she is neutered. Call the vet or you will be
having a litter of kittens.

On Feb 26, 3:53?pm, "lornie2312" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am hoping someone out there can help! I have a 16 month old part siamese
> cat. She is spoilt rotten and was lovely, until 4am this morning! I had her
> spayed the minute the vet said it was possible and it went without any
> problems.
>
> Last night for the first time ever I noticed other cats in our garden, i
> didnt think anything of it until 4 am this morning Rossi woke us up as she
> was rolling all over the landing on her back making weird noises and
> breathing with her mouth open.
>
> I walked downstairs and heard another cat go out the cat flap so decided to
> shut her in. When i got up this morning i let her out and straight away she
> went and laid in the middle of the lawn and 2 tom cats came to her and 'did
> bad things'!!!
>
> I have kept her in but she wont stop calling and rolling herself about.
>
> Can anyone help with some advise or should she be taken straight to the vets
> tomorrow to see whether there is a problem?
>
> Many thanks
> Lornie

John Ross Mc Master
February 26th 07, 11:15 PM
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:53:17 GMT, "lornie2312" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I am hoping someone out there can help! I have a 16 month old part siamese
>cat. She is spoilt rotten and was lovely, until 4am this morning! I had her
>spayed the minute the vet said it was possible and it went without any
>problems.
>
>Last night for the first time ever I noticed other cats in our garden, i
>didnt think anything of it until 4 am this morning Rossi woke us up as she
>was rolling all over the landing on her back making weird noises and
>breathing with her mouth open.
>
>I walked downstairs and heard another cat go out the cat flap so decided to
>shut her in. When i got up this morning i let her out and straight away she
>went and laid in the middle of the lawn and 2 tom cats came to her and 'did
>bad things'!!!
>
>I have kept her in but she wont stop calling and rolling herself about.
>
>Can anyone help with some advise or should she be taken straight to the vets
>tomorrow to see whether there is a problem?
>
>Many thanks
>Lornie

It is possible that the vet who spayed her accidentally left some
ovary tissue.

mlbriggs
February 27th 07, 01:20 AM
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:53:17 +0000, lornie2312 wrote:

> I am hoping someone out there can help! I have a 16 month old part siamese
> cat. She is spoilt rotten and was lovely, until 4am this morning! I had her
> spayed the minute the vet said it was possible and it went without any
> problems.
>
> Last night for the first time ever I noticed other cats in our garden, i
> didnt think anything of it until 4 am this morning Rossi woke us up as she
> was rolling all over the landing on her back making weird noises and
> breathing with her mouth open.
>
> I walked downstairs and heard another cat go out the cat flap so decided to
> shut her in. When i got up this morning i let her out and straight away she
> went and laid in the middle of the lawn and 2 tom cats came to her and 'did
> bad things'!!!
>
> I have kept her in but she wont stop calling and rolling herself about.
>
> Can anyone help with some advise or should she be taken straight to the vets
> tomorrow to see whether there is a problem?
>
> Many thanks
> Lornie

Off to the Vets! MLB

lornie2312 via CatKB.com
February 27th 07, 10:35 AM
After another sleepness night due to the crying i have just got back from the
vet and basically they have told me to leave her for about 3 weeks until she
shows sign of perhaps coming back into season. There is a possibility that
some tissue could have been left in her but the vet assures me that 'this
would be very rare'.

Hmmmm, will keep you updated!

silvercelt
February 27th 07, 06:36 PM
I've never heard of this happening before. Be interesting to hear
what happens.

lornie2312 via CatKB.com
February 28th 07, 09:11 AM
silvercelt wrote:
>I've never heard of this happening before. Be interesting to hear
>what happens.

Well last night was a bit calmer, she seemed to sleep constantly but i
suppose she is a bit knackered!!!!! She has managed to escape this morning so
i could not keep her shut in!