PDA

View Full Version : I think Marlo comes out for good tonight

dgk
February 27th 07, 02:29 PM
I felt awful locking her in the room today as I left for work. She is
getting pretty used to the house, and Espy and Nipsy are getting
better with her. Yesterday I got home and let her out, and she stayed
out until I was ready to go to bed. I put her in the Cat Introduction
Room for the night but she was making noise banging against the door,
so I let her out. I don't want her banging her pretty head.

She slept all night next to me. It was so sweet. She hasn't figured
out that stuff moving under the blanket isn't a threat so she pounces
whenever I move a hand. She is quite the savage hunter with a hand
left on top of the covers too.

Mostly I think that things are going well because she has really
started to play, pouncing on things and starting to run around.

I was thinking about leaving her out when I went to work today but as
she came out from investigating the shower Espy was there and a slight
growling fest emerged. That seems to happen mostly when they're in a
narrow area (like the bathroom) and can't get past each other without
coming close.

Nipsy is no problem, being a wuss at heart. The big, gentle giant.

22brix
February 28th 07, 06:09 AM
"dgk" > wrote in message
>I felt awful locking her in the room today as I left for work. She is
> getting pretty used to the house, and Espy and Nipsy are getting
> better with her. Yesterday I got home and let her out, and she stayed
> out until I was ready to go to bed. I put her in the Cat Introduction
> Room for the night but she was making noise banging against the door,
> so I let her out. I don't want her banging her pretty head.
>
> She slept all night next to me. It was so sweet. She hasn't figured
> out that stuff moving under the blanket isn't a threat so she pounces
> whenever I move a hand. She is quite the savage hunter with a hand
> left on top of the covers too.
>
> Mostly I think that things are going well because she has really
> started to play, pouncing on things and starting to run around.
>
> I was thinking about leaving her out when I went to work today but as
> she came out from investigating the shower Espy was there and a slight
> growling fest emerged. That seems to happen mostly when they're in a
> narrow area (like the bathroom) and can't get past each other without
> coming close.
>
> Nipsy is no problem, being a wuss at heart. The big, gentle giant.

She sounds like she's going to do great!! It's truly amazing how much noise
one frustrated cat can make--LET ME OUT NOW! It really seems as though
things are going well for you and your troop!

Bonnie

dgk
February 28th 07, 02:51 PM
On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:09:14 -0800, "22brix" >
wrote:

>"dgk" > wrote in message
>>I felt awful locking her in the room today as I left for work. She is
>> getting pretty used to the house, and Espy and Nipsy are getting
>> better with her. Yesterday I got home and let her out, and she stayed
>> out until I was ready to go to bed. I put her in the Cat Introduction
>> Room for the night but she was making noise banging against the door,
>> so I let her out. I don't want her banging her pretty head.
>>
>> She slept all night next to me. It was so sweet. She hasn't figured
>> out that stuff moving under the blanket isn't a threat so she pounces
>> whenever I move a hand. She is quite the savage hunter with a hand
>> left on top of the covers too.
>>
>> Mostly I think that things are going well because she has really
>> started to play, pouncing on things and starting to run around.
>>
>> I was thinking about leaving her out when I went to work today but as
>> she came out from investigating the shower Espy was there and a slight
>> growling fest emerged. That seems to happen mostly when they're in a
>> narrow area (like the bathroom) and can't get past each other without
>> coming close.
>>
>> Nipsy is no problem, being a wuss at heart. The big, gentle giant.
>>

>She sounds like she's going to do great!! It's truly amazing how much noise
>one frustrated cat can make--LET ME OUT NOW! It really seems as though
>things are going well for you and your troop!
>
>Bonnie

Or, LET ME IN NOW if it's a closed bedroom. Cats just don't like
doors.

Oh, a funny thing about my Cat Introduction Room. I always worry that
one of the cats will accidently lock themself in that room, because
somehow they manage to do so. It's a storage room most of the time so
some stuff is piled up and while fighting somehow one gets stuck
behind a closed door.

Normally I've taken to placing a heavy object in front of the door so
it won't close, but while using it as the CIR that object is removed.
Sure enough, yesterday morning I'm wondering where Espy is and I see
that the door is shut. He had managed to lock himself in. At least for
now it has a litterbox in it.

---MIKE---
February 28th 07, 06:55 PM
I have a screen door spring on my bathroom door. This allows me to
close it but the cats cannot.

---MIKE---