PDA

View Full Version : My cat is sick & it's killing me!

gayajay
March 3rd 07, 02:21 PM
Hi.., my name is AJ & I am new here. I'm reaching out for support regarding
my precious cat. Her name is Sable. Sable is the oldest of my kids. She's 18
(almost 19) years old & she is very very sick.
During the past 3 days she hasn't been eating or drinking, she can hardly
walk & can't even make her way to her litter box. She also smell terrible.
The few times that she did try to eat & drink she ended up vomiting within
seconds after intake.

The Vet said that she was anorexic & constipated & that, based on the test
they did, they couldn't find anything wrong with her. We had already paid
$300.00 for a few tests & they recommended more test & a couple of nights in
the hospital but the cost would be well over a thousand dollars. Even then,
there would be no guarantee that her condition would improve.

We did the hospitalization thing in the past with two of our other babies
that were sick but all it did was prolong their suffering. All we cared about
was keeping them barely alive for a little bit longer just so we could delay
the inevitable. We brought them home & for two weeks I was sticking needles
in their necks to give them fluids, force feeding them a special non-protien
diet & having to lift them into their litter box or clean them off because
they couldn't control themselves. Finally the reality of my own selfishness
hit me. It was only after they were put to sleep that the Vet told us we made
the right decision.

Sable is showing all of the same symptoms plus other unusual behavior. The
saddest part is that she’s always been an affectionate & playful cat. Loves
to be held, stroked, & scratched. But now she refuses to be picked up & she
cowards away from our hands whenever we reach for her. As is with all our
babies, Sable was conditioned from day one to always feel safe & secure in
her daddies arms. But now, every time we reach for her she hisses & swats at
our hands. It breaks my heart.

The Vet prescribed some medicine for her but we have to literally force the
drops & pills down her throat which may explain her sudden fear of our hands.
Problem is that she's unable to keep her medicine in. She just pukes it right
back out. It feels like we’re doing more bad than good because she’s not
getting any better.

There’s also the handling & manipulation aspect to deal with. Sable has never
been sick in her entire life. Other than getting all her shots & being spayed
when she was a kitten, she’s never had to deal with other people handling her.
Unfortunately it does require some aggression to treat her. This has been a
very traumatizing ordeal for her. I'm afraid that, if her illness doesn't
kill her, she may die from the shock alone. She doesn't understand what's
going on & that it's all for her own good. She's very scared too. I know my
cats & there are things that I can just tell. Her instincts seem to be
communicating that she's ready to die & if this is the case then I would
rather her be put to sleep & die peacfully than be kept alive until her
sickness kills her.

When we take her age into consideration coupled with her symptoms & her
declining strength & energy it’s hard to determine the most humane approach.
Paying a thousand + dollars would make more sense if there was more certainty
in knowing that the additional treatments would help. When I say “help” I
mean making a full return to the same quality of life that she had before she
got sick but we honestly don’t see that happening. She’s miserable & it’s so
obvious.

My partner & I are back & forth in thinking that the time has come for us to
put her down.., end her suffering. The Vet refused to put her to sleep unless
he could run the additional tests but we can't see the point in having more
expensive tests done only to find out that her condition is terminal. We know
Sable well enough to know that this is the beginning of the end.

The only other option would be to surrender her to animal control & let them
put her to sleep. Problem is that they will do it but they have a policy
stating that the owners of the animal are not allowed to be present at the
time. Animal control is geared towards dealing with animals that are a menace.
They're not concerned with providing a safe & loving space for an animal to
die. They just pull them out of the cage, shoot them up, & throw them aside
until their dead. My Sable is not a menace. She is so LOVED & she needs to be
surrounded with that love when she takes her final breath.

I don’t know why I’m posting this. I guess I just need some extra support.
Sable may be old but she’s still my baby & she’s dying. I don’t know what to
do. I’m so scared. I LOVE her!

What would you do?

Sincerely:
AJ

--
d;-)

cybercat
March 3rd 07, 02:26 PM
"gayajay" <[email protected]> wrote:>
> The only other option would be to surrender her to animal control & let
> them
> put her to sleep. Problem is that they will do it but they have a policy
> stating that the owners of the animal are not allowed to be present at the
> time.

NO, that is not your only option. Have your vet do it. Mine came to my home
and did not even charge anything extra for it. I held my cat in my arms, and
when
it was over, they gave me the option of having her buried myself, or letting
them
take her.

cybercat
March 3rd 07, 02:29 PM
"gayajay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hi.., my name is AJ & I am new here. I'm reaching out for support
> regarding
> my precious cat. Her name is Sable. Sable is the oldest of my kids. She's
> 18
> (almost 19) years old & she is very very sick.

The animal control thing upset me so much I forgot to say: your cat's life
is
winding down and she is ready to go. This happened to my cat at about the
same age. She just stopped eating. There was nothing wrong with her. I had
them give her fluids, I hand-fed her baby food with a turkey baster. She
stopped
drinking too. Finally, after I let her go way to long because I was in
denial, I
realized she was trying to say goodbye--she was ready to go. I really wish
I had made the decision sooner, for her sake. I will not let my current cats
go so long. Give your Sable the gift of mercy that it is not legal for
anyone to
give us, at least in most places. I know it will be one of the hardest
things
you have ever done, but it is the last act of love you will do for her. I am
sorry.

Gail Futoran
March 3rd 07, 02:45 PM
> [...]
> let them
> put her to sleep. Problem is that they will do it but they have a
> policy
> stating that the owners of the animal are not allowed to be present
> at the
> time. Animal control is geared towards dealing with animals that
> are a menace.
> They're not concerned with providing a safe & loving space for an
> animal to
> die. They just pull them out of the cage, shoot them up, & throw
> them aside
> until their dead. My Sable is not a menace. She is so LOVED & she
> needs to be
> surrounded with that love when she takes her final breath.
>
> I don’t know why I’m posting this. I guess I just need some
> extra support.
> Sable may be old but she’s still my baby & she’s dying. I

Find a different vet. Make sure you get a
copy of the "tests" your current vet has
already run. There might be something
that can be treated, or it might just be
Sable's time.

Even if you don't want more tests done,
a different vet might well be more
understanding and compassionate than your
current vet, and willing to put your cat to
sleep humanely. I know my vet would.

Your attitude toward your Sable sounds
exactly the way I felt toward my 19 year
old Alyx. At least I knew what she was
suffering from, and when the time came
the decision was easy - as easy as those
things can be. You have my sincere
condolences.

Gail F.

gayajay
March 3rd 07, 04:34 PM
I don't even know who you people are but I can honestly say, from the bottom
of my heart, I love you. Right after I posted my first message I was so
emotional so I went to Sables little pillow box that I made for her & just
loved her. I had to catch her sleeping in order to get my hand on her head so
I could stroke her. Then I just let myself go with my emotions. I cried
uncontrollably as I stroked her head & back. I reminisced with her & shared
all my memories of her kitten days & how she was once the little misfit from
hell. She used to love to test how much her daddy loved her by hiding in
places that only a cat could find. She would sit there & watch daddy rip the
house apart looking for her under the sofa, under the bed, in the closet...,
every where. Then right when I'd reach my peak of frustration she would come
jumping out from her little hiding place. Then I'd pick her up & hold her as
she would purr loud enough to shake the earth.
While I sat there next to her by her little box we made eye contact in a way
that we had never done before. I must have told her a thousand times in that
moment how much I LOVE her. Her look said it all. She is ready to go & in my
heart I know that this is best. Sable's first sister was a little pekingese
named Kioki. They used to play & cuddle together all the time. Kioki was with
us for 16 years. We had to put her to sleep because she had cancer. Kioki
LOVED life. That little girl was just to happy for words & would've lived 20
more years but her poor little body just couldn't keep up with her. This is
the same deal with Sable.
My partner & I have decided to take Sable to the SPCA (San Francisco) & hope
that we can work with another Vet who will be willing to take our
understanding of our own daugter's wellbeing into consideration. It's time
for us to let her go in peace.

You are all total strangers to me but you have helped me tremendously. I
really needed support & you gave me that. God bless you!

I have three other babies who I would like to tell you all about someday.
They're the joys of my life & worth the attention.

Thank You So Much!

Sincerely:
AJ

--
d;-)

MaryL
March 3rd 07, 05:08 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "gayajay" <[email protected]> wrote:>
>> The only other option would be to surrender her to animal control & let
>> them
>> put her to sleep. Problem is that they will do it but they have a policy
>> stating that the owners of the animal are not allowed to be present at
>> the
>> time.
>
> NO, that is not your only option. Have your vet do it. Mine came to my
> home
> and did not even charge anything extra for it. I held my cat in my arms,
> and when
> it was over, they gave me the option of having her buried myself, or
> letting them
> take her.

Yes, this is very good advice. Vets in this area did not make home calls
like that at the times I had to have my furbabies euthanized (or I was not
aware of it), but that is exactly what I plan to do the next time I have to
face this terrible decision. Even if your vet will not come to your home,
please do as I did with mine -- I took them to the vet's office, and I sat
and *held* them while the injection was being given. It was extremely
difficult, but I considered that to be my last gift of love to them. I did
not want my babies to be frightened or in pain for their last moments on
earth.

Whatever you do, DO NOT take Sable to Animal Control. She has given you a
liftetime of love and trust, and that would be the very worst way to handle
this final decision. Finally, do you have complete trust in your vet's
competence? If so, then it may be time (based on consultation with your
vet) to make this decision. If not, you should seek a second opinion ASAP.

MaryL

kraut
March 3rd 07, 05:09 PM
On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 14:21:01 GMT, "gayajay" <[email protected]> wrote:

>The Vet said that she was anorexic & constipated & that, based on the test
>they did, they couldn't find anything wrong with her.

She is "anorexic & constipated & that" but the vet could not find
anything wrong with her?!?! HUH ?!?!?

>My partner & I are back & forth in thinking that the time has come for us to
>put her down.., end her suffering. The Vet refused to put her to sleep unless
>he could run the additional tests but we can't see the point in having more
>expensive tests done only to find out that her condition is terminal. We know
>Sable well enough to know that this is the beginning of the end.

TAKE HER TO ANOTHER VER OR AN ANIMAL EMERGENCY ROOM AND HAVE HER PUT
DOWN!!!! It does not take a brain surgeon to figure that out!!!

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Reply to news groups for all to see please.

_
/ )
(\__/) ( (
) ( ) )
={ }= / /
) `-------/ /
( /
\ |
,'\ , ,'
`-'\ ,---\ | \
_) ) `. \ /
(__/ ) )
(_/

(\__/)
)oo(
={ >}=

MaryL
March 3rd 07, 05:13 PM
"gayajay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]

> My partner & I have decided to take Sable to the SPCA (San Francisco) &
> hope
> that we can work with another Vet who will be willing to take our
> understanding of our own daugter's wellbeing into consideration. It's time
> for us to let her go in peace.
>
> You are all total strangers to me but you have helped me tremendously. I
> really needed support & you gave me that. God bless you!
>
> I have three other babies who I would like to tell you all about someday.
> They're the joys of my life & worth the attention.
>
> Thank You So Much!
>
> Sincerely:
> AJ
>
> --
> d;-)

AJ,

I just posted another message before I read through all of the messages,
then saw this one.

Please call your vet and see if he or she will come to your home to perform
the euthanasia. Many will (and many do not even charge extra, as Cybercat
said, especially for someone who has been a "regular"). Barring that, ask
if you can bring Sable to the vet's office and hold her while she is being
given the injection. That is what I did on previous occasions, and it is
far better than trying to deal with people (even well-meaning people) who do
not know you and who may refuse to let you be with Sable during those last
moments.

MaryL

kraut
March 3rd 07, 05:22 PM
>>> The only other option would be to surrender her to animal control & let
>>> them
>>> put her to sleep. Problem is that they will do it but they have a policy
>>> stating that the owners of the animal are not allowed to be present at
>>> the
>>> time.
>>
>> NO, that is not your only option. Have your vet do it. Mine came to my
>> home
>> and did not even charge anything extra for it. I held my cat in my arms,
>> and when
>> it was over, they gave me the option of having her buried myself, or
>> letting them
>> take her.
>>

>Yes, this is very good advice. Vets in this area did not make home calls
>like that at the times I had to have my furbabies euthanized (or I was not
>aware of it), but that is exactly what I plan to do the next time I have to
>face this terrible decision. Even if your vet will not come to your home,
>please do as I did with mine -- I took them to the vet's office, and I sat
>and *held* them while the injection was being given. It was extremely
>difficult, but I considered that to be my last gift of love to them. I did
>not want my babies to be frightened or in pain for their last moments on
>earth.

You people seem to be forgetting or overlooking what she said about
her vet would not put it to sleep without more tests but you all keep
telling her to have the vet come to her home and do it or to go to the
vet and hold it while it is done. Go back and read the original post
again to see what was said before replying.

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Reply to news groups for all to see please.

_
/ )
(\__/) ( (
) ( ) )
={ }= / /
) `-------/ /
( /
\ |
,'\ , ,'
`-'\ ,---\ | \
_) ) `. \ /
(__/ ) )
(_/

(\__/)
)oo(
={ >}=

22brix
March 3rd 07, 05:30 PM
AJ,

I am sorry Sable is so ill. I agree with the other posters--Sable needs to
be seen by another vet who will support your decision. It does sound to me
like she is not happy anymore and that it is time to let her go. As Cyber
said, it is the last gift of love that we can give. It's a rotten decision
to have to make but she will be at peace and not in pain.

Bonnie

MaryL
March 3rd 07, 05:48 PM
"kraut" > wrote in message

>>> NO, that is not your only option. Have your vet do it. Mine came to my
>>> home
>>> and did not even charge anything extra for it. I held my cat in my arms,
>>> and when
>>> it was over, they gave me the option of having her buried myself, or
>>> letting them
>>> take her.
>>>

>>Yes, this is very good advice. Vets in this area did not make home calls
>>like that at the times I had to have my furbabies euthanized (or I was not
>>aware of it), but that is exactly what I plan to do the next time I have
>>face this terrible decision. Even if your vet will not come to your home,
>>please do as I did with mine -- I took them to the vet's office, and I sat
>>and *held* them while the injection was being given. It was extremely
>>difficult, but I considered that to be my last gift of love to them. I
>>did
>>not want my babies to be frightened or in pain for their last moments on
>>earth.
>
> You people seem to be forgetting or overlooking what she said about
> her vet would not put it to sleep without more tests but you all keep
> telling her to have the vet come to her home and do it or to go to the
> vet and hold it while it is done. Go back and read the original post
> again to see what was said before replying.

You're right, I missed that sentence. In that case, I would seek a second
opinion from another vet and make sure it is someone who would either come
to my home or perform the procedure in the office *with me holding my cat*
(if the vet genuinely believes that it is time for this decision).

MaryL

cybercat
March 3rd 07, 08:09 PM
"gayajay" <[email protected]> wrote
> While I sat there next to her by her little box we made eye contact in a
> way
> that we had never done before. I must have told her a thousand times in
> that
> moment how much I LOVE her. Her look said it all. She is ready to go & in
> my
> heart I know that this is best.

I know this look. My cat looked at me this way, and she was so sad, she had
wanted
to stay with me but knew it was her time to go. You are wise to recognize it
and help
her on her way. I'm so sorry.

cybercat
March 3rd 07, 08:13 PM
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote

> I just posted another message before I read through all of the messages,
> then saw this one.
>
> Please call your vet and see if he or she will come to your home to
> perform the euthanasia. Many will (and many do not even charge extra, as
> Cybercat said, especially for someone who has been a "regular").

Small animal vets know that part of their job is "psychologist" to the pet
owner.
My vet did not even charge anything extra--but I sent a card of thanks with
check in it toward something for the staff. The euthanasia cost $40--a small
price
to pay to ease the suffering of a beloved cat. I sent another $50 because my
friend
who has done this before said that this was the proper thing to do to convey
my
thanks. I was happy to do it. NOBODY needs a vet who lacks compassion.

cybercat
March 3rd 07, 08:14 PM
"kraut" > wrote

> You people seem to be forgetting or overlooking what she said about
> her vet would not put it to sleep without more tests but you all keep
> telling her to have the vet come to her home and do it or to go to the
> vet and hold it while it is done. Go back and read the original post
> again to see what was said before replying.

I read it. She needs another vet. And her vet is a manipulative ass
for refusing to put down a cat 19 years old who is this sick and should
be ashamed. And/or sued. Pricks.

MaryL
March 3rd 07, 08:40 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> Small animal vets know that part of their job is "psychologist" to the pet
> owner.
> My vet did not even charge anything extra--but I sent a card of thanks
> with a
> check in it toward something for the staff. The euthanasia cost $40--a
> small price
> to pay to ease the suffering of a beloved cat. I sent another $50 because
> my friend
> who has done this before said that this was the proper thing to do to
> convey my
> thanks. I was happy to do it. NOBODY needs a vet who lacks compassion.

I had gone to the same vet for many years, and he did not charge *anything*
for the euthanasia (which was done in his office -- this was long enough ago
that either vets did not come to the home or I did not know about it). I'm
sorry that I didn't think about sending a gift afterwards, although I did
send a card. I'm going to keep that in mind.

MaryL

gayajay via CatKB.com
March 3rd 07, 08:50 PM
Well people.., Sable's suffering is over. We just returned from the SPCA.
Before arriving there we asked to meet with our primary Vet who just so
happened to be working in emergency this morning. Total Godsend. It was so
liberating not having to convince her of how well we knew Sable & our ability
to interpret her symptoms & behavior.
Sable went peacefully & she was surrounded with LOVE. After the injection I
stroked her head & sang to her. The Doctor, my partner, & I just stood all
around her, each of us touching her affectionately. Then the Doctor even
broke down as she said the words "she's gone".
Needless to say..., this has not been a good day however, if I had to do it
all over again I wouldn't change a single thing. You people have no idea how
much your support means to me. Only four of us were in the room with Sable
but I felt as though I had an army of warm heart felt soldiers of love
backing me up.
I was so emotional when I came to you. My partner was already feeling
emotional too & it was hard for him to see me so upset. For his sake I held
back my feelings as much as I could but it got to the point where I was so
desperately in need of someone to talk to. I had tears dripping on my
computer keyboard during my previous posts. I can't tell you enough just how
much it meant to me to receive your support.

I have a wonderful family.., two other kitty cats named Angel(female) &
Lucifer(male) & a puppy dog named Baby. They were all rescue animals in need
of a loving home. They are my pride & joy. I am one of three daddies. My
partner & our housemate are the other two. Between the three of us our kids
are spoiled but that's fine with us. Can't love them enough!
Each of you have now been adopted by my family. You now have a new nephew &
two nieces. I've even started building a webpage with their photos & as soon
as it's uploaded I'll post the link so y'all can see them. I'm even including
a tribute to my babies who, like Sable, have passed on.
My babies all have given me the best gift ever..., they've taught me how to
LOVE LIFE.

Again.., my "friends" (& I so sincerely mean that).., what a gift each &
everyone of you are. BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU! If there ever comes a
time when I can be there for you.., please do not hesitate to let me know. I
honestly feel that I couldn't have done this without your support.

THANK YOU!

Sincerely:
AJ

PS.: I feel complete with this discussion now. I got what I came for & would
appreciate it if we could conclude & move on from this topic. This was a sad
ordeal but it's over now & I'm ready to start sharing my joyful experiences
with you.

--
d;-)

March 3rd 07, 09:05 PM
"gayajay via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Well people.., Sable's suffering is over. We just returned from the SPCA.
> Before arriving there we asked to meet with our primary Vet who just so
> happened to be working in emergency this morning. Total Godsend. It was so
> liberating not having to convince her of how well we knew Sable & our
> ability
> to interpret her symptoms & behavior.
> Sable went peacefully & she was surrounded with LOVE. After the injection
> stroked her head & sang to her. The Doctor, my partner, & I just stood all
> around her, each of us touching her affectionately. Then the Doctor even
> broke down as she said the words "she's gone".

I'm so sorry for your loss, and so glad that Sable had you to give her a
long and
happy life and a merciful passage. You're a good person.

cybercat
March 3rd 07, 09:08 PM
"gayajay via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote
> I have a wonderful family.., two other kitty cats named Angel(female) &
> Lucifer(male) & a puppy dog named Baby.

Great names, I want to hear how you decided on Angel and Lucifer!

>They were all rescue animals in need
> of a loving home. They are my pride & joy. I am one of three daddies. My
> partner & our housemate are the other two. Between the three of us our
> kids
> are spoiled but that's fine with us. Can't love them enough!

Yep. And all that love comes back to you, threefold. Things you give with
joy,
you know. I have this theory that love, once created, never dies, even when
we
die, it just moves on to warm and brighten another.

[...]
> THANK YOU!

Welcome, A.J. Stick around!

-L.
March 3rd 07, 09:34 PM
gayajay via CatKB.com wrote:
<snip>

> AJ
>
> PS.: I feel complete with this discussion now. I got what I came for & would
> appreciate it if we could conclude & move on from this topic. This was a sad
> ordeal but it's over now & I'm ready to start sharing my joyful experiences
> with you.
>
> --
> d;-)

Just want to say you did the right thing, as difficult as it was.
Take good care of yourselves over the next few weeks. And welcome to
rpch+b - it's a whacky group but there are some good eggs here. :)

hugs,
-L.

MaryL
March 3rd 07, 09:36 PM
"gayajay via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

I don't want to prolong this (just as you requested), but I do want you to
know that I know only too well how difficult that decision was -- and that
you did the right thing.

MaryL

March 3rd 07, 11:27 PM
> Hi.., my name is AJ & I am new here. I'm reaching out for support regarding
> my precious cat. Her name is Sable. Sable is the oldest of my kids. She's 18
> (almost 19) years old & she is very very sick.
> During the past 3 days she hasn't been eating or drinking, she can hardly
> walk & can't even make her way to her litter box. She also smell terrible.
> The few times that she did try to eat & drink she ended up vomiting within
> seconds after intake.
>
> The Vet said that she was anorexic & constipated & that, based on the test
> they did, they couldn't find anything wrong with her. We had already paid
> $300.00 for a few tests & they recommended more test & a couple of nights in
> the hospital but the cost would be well over a thousand dollars. Even then,
> there would be no guarantee that her condition would improve.
>
> We did the hospitalization thing in the past with two of our other babies
> that were sick but all it did was prolong their suffering. All we cared about
> was keeping them barely alive for a little bit longer just so we could delay
> the inevitable. We brought them home & for two weeks I was sticking needles
> in their necks to give them fluids, force feeding them a special non-protien
> diet & having to lift them into their litter box or clean them off because
> they couldn't control themselves. Finally the reality of my own selfishness
> hit me. It was only after they were put to sleep that the Vet told us we made
> the right decision.

Unfortunately it seems that the vast majority of vets are in it solely
for the money these days. I've learned when to put a cat down, it's when
their quality of life reduces to nearly zero. Your Sable is fairly up
there in cat years and she's had a good life. Maybe it's time to just do
the humane thing and end her suffering.

And yes, I've had the very same experience with vets. In one case, our
little Emily (A 6.5lb chocolate tortie) was getting sluggish and losing
her appetite and sneezing a lot. The vet had us administering oral
antibiotic gel which was hard to do, but then when we had to do the
prednisolone tablets it got worse. Finally I called the vet and told her
that it was time, but they couldn't get us in until the next day. By
this point I'd spent a lot of money on tests, etc.

The next day I was woken up by the SO asking me to check on Emily. Her
heart rate was around 50BPM which for a cat is extremely low. Granted,
she was 14 years old but two weeks before that she was a very vital cat.
Anyhow she died on the way to the vet. Normally I'm an easy going guy
but I nearly killed the vet that day. The damned vet knew, before she
came in the tech had left the folder on the table and so I was reading
it.

I tore the place up. Literally tore it up. We had Emily cremated at the
Providence Animal Rescue League. That's where we adopted Evangeline.

blkcatgal
March 4th 07, 12:01 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Sable. You have my sincere sympathies.

Sue

> [...]
> a tribute to my babies who, like Sable, have passed on.
> My babies all have given me the best gift ever..., they've taught me how
> LOVE LIFE.
>
> Again.., my "friends" (& I so sincerely mean that).., what a gift each &
> everyone of you are. BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU! If there ever comes
> time when I can be there for you.., please do not hesitate to let me know.
> honestly feel that I couldn't have done this without your support.
>
> THANK YOU!
>
> Sincerely:
> AJ
>
> PS.: I feel complete with this discussion now. I got what I came for &
> would
> appreciate it if we could conclude & move on from this topic. This was a
> sad
> ordeal but it's over now & I'm ready to start sharing my joyful

Alan
March 4th 07, 12:20 AM
"gayajay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]

>The Vet refused to put her to sleep unless
> he could run the additional tests but we can't see the point in having
more
> expensive tests done only to find out that her condition is terminal.

Don't take the poor animal to Animal Control. Your critter is not an
unwanted stray.
Your current Vet is a self serving crook, preying on your emotions.
Call around to other Vet's in the area and explain the situation and your
wants.
Your critter, You are the paying customer. YOU call the shots.
Get a grip.
Alan

Alan
March 4th 07, 12:24 AM
"gayajay via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Well people.., Sable's suffering is over.

Condolences AJ.
You did the right thing.
I still think your Vet is a jerk.
Alan

Lynne
March 4th 07, 01:35 AM
on Sat, 03 Mar 2007 20:14:47 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> I read it. She needs another vet. And her vet is a manipulative ass
> for refusing to put down a cat 19 years old who is this sick and should
> be ashamed. And/or sued. Pricks.

agree. This cat is clearly at the end of life and deserves to go out of it
peacefully, ASAP.

--
Lynne

Lynne
March 4th 07, 01:37 AM
on Sat, 03 Mar 2007 20:50:16 GMT, "gayajay via CatKB.com" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Well people.., Sable's suffering is over.

I'm deeply sorry for your loss, but so glad that you were able to let her
go peacefully.

--
Lynne

22brix
March 4th 07, 01:39 AM
You did the right thing. My condolences to you and your household.

Bonnie

PS I'd love to see pictures of your critters!

Cheryl
March 4th 07, 02:07 AM
On Sat 03 Mar 2007 03:50:16p, gayajay via CatKB.com wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav <news:[email protected]>:

> Well people.., Sable's suffering is over.

One of the hardest things to do. My condolences. I so agree with
everyone here from the sounds of her ailing, you did the right thing.
I'm glad you found a vet that would end her suffering.

--
Cheryl

sheelagh
March 4th 07, 03:02 AM
On 4 Mar, 02:07, Cheryl > wrote:
> On Sat 03 Mar 2007 03:50:16p, gayajay via CatKB.com wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav <news:[email protected]>:
>
> > Well people.., Sable's suffering is over.
>
> One of the hardest things to do. My condolences. I so agree with
> everyone here from the sounds of her ailing, you did the right thing.
> I'm glad you found a vet that would end her suffering.
>
> --
> Cheryl

You have our heart felt condolences,
& we are sending healing soothing purrs for you all to bathe in too...
S;o)

Marissa
March 4th 07, 05:59 PM
I am so sorry for your loss..Your story brought tears to my eyes.

You did the right thing for Sable, which showed your true love for your
baby.

Your a good person AJ. Maybe after you get over the grieving period, you
could give another shelter kitty the wonderful life you gave to Sable.

Condolences,
Maria
Sasha & Liz (17), Benson my shelter adopted Maine coon (4) and my Tiki Cat
(who showed up starving on my deck 3 years ago, who now gets enough love for
10 cats)
> [...]
> a tribute to my babies who, like Sable, have passed on.
> My babies all have given me the best gift ever..., they've taught me how
> LOVE LIFE.
>
> Again.., my "friends" (& I so sincerely mean that).., what a gift each &
> everyone of you are. BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU! If there ever comes
> time when I can be there for you.., please do not hesitate to let me know.
> honestly feel that I couldn't have done this without your support.
>
> THANK YOU!
>
> Sincerely:
> AJ
>
> PS.: I feel complete with this discussion now. I got what I came for &
> would
> appreciate it if we could conclude & move on from this topic. This was a
> sad
> ordeal but it's over now & I'm ready to start sharing my joyful

March 4th 07, 06:12 PM
"Marissa" > wrote :

> Your a good person AJ. Maybe after you get over the grieving period, you
> could give another shelter kitty the wonderful life you gave to Sable.

Maria, what a great idea. AJ sounds like a dream come true for any kitty.
When my 20-year-old died it took me two months before I could bear
to think about another cat, but when I went to the shelter and found
Gracie, I found the sweetest, funniest, most affectionate little cat I
have ever met. And she was so grateful to be brought home from the
shelter, where there were so many cats she could hardly move. The
first thing she did when she walked out of the carrier was stretttttch.
:)

Marissa
March 4th 07, 06:29 PM
Awe,

I really believe that a cat picks the person to love. Unfortunately, there
are so many unwanted animals, I can't bear to think about it.

When my little Tiki Cat appeared on my deck during Hurricane Charlie, I have
never seen an animal that sick and emaciated. I knew I couldn't bring him
in with my 3 other kitties in case he had diseases, so I made an attempt to
feed him, but he just vomited. I knew his stomach had probably collapsed
and I cried knowing he wouldn't make it. I really can't stand the thought
of some sick human doing this to a cat. His hips collapsed as he tried to
walk up only 3 stairs. My heart just broke, but there was something very
special about him, as though he looked into my soul crying for help. During
the day I tried feeding him gradually with a dropper and he was keeping a
little food and water down, but still vomiting. I "snuck" him in that
evening into his own little room in our basement with a warm bed, food and
litter. He kept a little food down.

I contacted the Humane Society to get him tested, fixed and vaccinated, but
I had to put some weight on him before he could go under anesthesia as long
as he was healthy enough. About a week later, I took him in and he tested
negative for all diseases, I got him vaccinated, wormed, and neutered. I
gave the Humane Society a very nice donation, as they deserved. He has just
been the most loving affectionate, animal I've ever met. They seem to know
that you saved their life. He's sitting on my lap right now with the sun
shining in on us. I tell him, he's an angel sent to watch us. Just a doll.

So to all that read this group, stop getting cats from breeders and give
some poor grateful animal a good home.

Regards,
Maria and my four fur babies
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Marissa" > wrote :
>>
>> Your a good person AJ. Maybe after you get over the grieving period, you
>> could give another shelter kitty the wonderful life you gave to Sable.
>>

> Maria, what a great idea. AJ sounds like a dream come true for any kitty.
> When my 20-year-old died it took me two months before I could bear
> to think about another cat, but when I went to the shelter and found
> Gracie, I found the sweetest, funniest, most affectionate little cat I
> have ever met. And she was so grateful to be brought home from the
> shelter, where there were so many cats she could hardly move. The
> first thing she did when she walked out of the carrier was stretttttch.
> :)

Gail
March 4th 07, 06:33 PM
What a lovely story. Yes, I agree with you. I wish everyone would adopt a
dog or cat from a shelter or rescue group. You can even get purebred
animals. They are so grateful and make the most loving pets.
Gail and her three "boys"
"Marissa" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Awe,
>
> I really believe that a cat picks the person to love. Unfortunately,
> there are so many unwanted animals, I can't bear to think about it.
>
> When my little Tiki Cat appeared on my deck during Hurricane Charlie, I
> have never seen an animal that sick and emaciated. I knew I couldn't
> bring him in with my 3 other kitties in case he had diseases, so I made an
> attempt to feed him, but he just vomited. I knew his stomach had probably
> collapsed and I cried knowing he wouldn't make it. I really can't stand
> the thought of some sick human doing this to a cat. His hips collapsed as
> he tried to walk up only 3 stairs. My heart just broke, but there was
> something very special about him, as though he looked into my soul crying
> for help. During the day I tried feeding him gradually with a dropper and
> he was keeping a little food and water down, but still vomiting. I
> "snuck" him in that evening into his own little room in our basement with
> a warm bed, food and litter. He kept a little food down.
>
> I contacted the Humane Society to get him tested, fixed and vaccinated,
> but I had to put some weight on him before he could go under anesthesia as
> long as he was healthy enough. About a week later, I took him in and he
> tested negative for all diseases, I got him vaccinated, wormed, and
> neutered. I gave the Humane Society a very nice donation, as they
> deserved. He has just been the most loving affectionate, animal I've ever
> met. They seem to know that you saved their life. He's sitting on my lap
> right now with the sun shining in on us. I tell him, he's an angel sent
> to watch us. Just a doll.
>
> So to all that read this group, stop getting cats from breeders and give
> some poor grateful animal a good home.
>
> Regards,
> Maria and my four fur babies
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Marissa" > wrote :
>>>
>>> Your a good person AJ. Maybe after you get over the grieving period,
>>> you could give another shelter kitty the wonderful life you gave to
>>> Sable.
>>>

>> Maria, what a great idea. AJ sounds like a dream come true for any kitty.
>> When my 20-year-old died it took me two months before I could bear
>> to think about another cat, but when I went to the shelter and found
>> Gracie, I found the sweetest, funniest, most affectionate little cat I
>> have ever met. And she was so grateful to be brought home from the
>> shelter, where there were so many cats she could hardly move. The
>> first thing she did when she walked out of the carrier was stretttttch.
>> :)

cybercat
March 4th 07, 06:59 PM
"Marissa" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Awe,
>
> I really believe that a cat picks the person to love. Unfortunately,
> there are so many unwanted animals, I can't bear to think about it.

Yes, being at the shelter and seeing all those sweet cats was so
uncomfortable.
They were all worthy of homes. (Sorry I called you "Maria," I meant
Marrissa!)

> When my little Tiki Cat appeared on my deck during Hurricane Charlie, I
> have never seen an animal that sick and emaciated. I knew I couldn't
> bring him in with my 3 other kitties in case he had diseases, so I made an
> attempt to feed him, but he just vomited. I knew his stomach had probably
> collapsed and I cried knowing he wouldn't make it. I really can't stand
> the thought of some sick human doing this to a cat. His hips collapsed as
> he tried to walk up only 3 stairs. My heart just broke, but there was
> something very special about him, as though he looked into my soul crying
> for help. During the day I tried feeding him gradually with a dropper and
> he was keeping a little food and water down, but still vomiting. I
> "snuck" him in that evening into his own little room in our basement with
> a warm bed, food and litter. He kept a little food down.
>
> I contacted the Humane Society to get him tested, fixed and vaccinated,
> but I had to put some weight on him before he could go under anesthesia as
> long as he was healthy enough. About a week later, I took him in and he
> tested negative for all diseases, I got him vaccinated, wormed, and
> neutered. I gave the Humane Society a very nice donation, as they
> deserved. He has just been the most loving affectionate, animal I've ever
> met. They seem to know that you saved their life. He's sitting on my lap
> right now with the sun shining in on us. I tell him, he's an angel sent
> to watch us. Just a doll.

I love this story. I want to see photos of him and your other babies, I will
send the link to my own tonight. Do you have a photo site?

Marissa
March 4th 07, 07:09 PM
I got my Maine coon kitty, Ben from a shelter, when he was just a little
kitten. He was so beautiful, my kids just fell in love with him, so we came
home with him. Kittens are usually adopted pretty quickly at the shelters.
He's almost 25 lbs. of very fluffy cat attitude, but a gentle giant. The
older cats are the ones that are in desperate need of a loving home, but
little kids don't understand that, so I gave in to them, certainly he would
have had no problem finding a home. We all love him.

Yes, you definitely can get a pure bread kitty at the shelters.

Maine coon cats are a fun bread. They sit up like a human in strange places
and love water. Ben takes baths in the sink, but they do need to be
groomed daily and yes, they shed big-time, so you need to like to vacuum.
LOL

I have to get a website and get some pictures up of my babies, just haven't
had the time.

Maria and her four fur babies

"Gail" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> What a lovely story. Yes, I agree with you. I wish everyone would adopt a
> dog or cat from a shelter or rescue group. You can even get purebred
> animals. They are so grateful and make the most loving pets.
> Gail and her three "boys"
> "Marissa" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Awe,
>>
>> I really believe that a cat picks the person to love. Unfortunately,
>> there are so many unwanted animals, I can't bear to think about it.
>>
>> When my little Tiki Cat appeared on my deck during Hurricane Charlie, I
>> have never seen an animal that sick and emaciated. I knew I couldn't
>> bring him in with my 3 other kitties in case he had diseases, so I made
>> an attempt to feed him, but he just vomited. I knew his stomach had
>> probably collapsed and I cried knowing he wouldn't make it. I really
>> can't stand the thought of some sick human doing this to a cat. His hips
>> collapsed as he tried to walk up only 3 stairs. My heart just broke, but
>> there was something very special about him, as though he looked into my
>> soul crying for help. During the day I tried feeding him gradually with
>> a dropper and he was keeping a little food and water down, but still
>> vomiting. I "snuck" him in that evening into his own little room in our
>> basement with a warm bed, food and litter. He kept a little food down.
>>
>> I contacted the Humane Society to get him tested, fixed and vaccinated,
>> but I had to put some weight on him before he could go under anesthesia
>> as long as he was healthy enough. About a week later, I took him in
>> and he tested negative for all diseases, I got him vaccinated, wormed,
>> and neutered. I gave the Humane Society a very nice donation, as they
>> deserved. He has just been the most loving affectionate, animal I've
>> ever met. They seem to know that you saved their life. He's sitting on
>> my lap right now with the sun shining in on us. I tell him, he's an
>> angel sent to watch us. Just a doll.
>>
>> So to all that read this group, stop getting cats from breeders and give
>> some poor grateful animal a good home.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Maria and my four fur babies

>>> Maria, what a great idea. AJ sounds like a dream come true for any
>>> kitty.
>>> When my 20-year-old died it took me two months before I could bear
>>> to think about another cat, but when I went to the shelter and found
>>> Gracie, I found the sweetest, funniest, most affectionate little cat I
>>> have ever met. And she was so grateful to be brought home from the
>>> shelter, where there were so many cats she could hardly move. The
>>> first thing she did when she walked out of the carrier was stretttttch.
>>> :)

Marissa
March 4th 07, 07:10 PM
It's ok, I'm Maria, I use my daughters Outlook account for newsgroups.

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Marissa" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Awe,
>>
>> I really believe that a cat picks the person to love. Unfortunately,
>> there are so many unwanted animals, I can't bear to think about it.
>
> Yes, being at the shelter and seeing all those sweet cats was so
> uncomfortable.
> They were all worthy of homes. (Sorry I called you "Maria," I meant
> Marrissa!)
>

>> When my little Tiki Cat appeared on my deck during Hurricane Charlie, I
>> have never seen an animal that sick and emaciated. I knew I couldn't
>> bring him in with my 3 other kitties in case he had diseases, so I made
>> an attempt to feed him, but he just vomited. I knew his stomach had
>> probably collapsed and I cried knowing he wouldn't make it. I really
>> can't stand the thought of some sick human doing this to a cat. His hips
>> collapsed as he tried to walk up only 3 stairs. My heart just broke, but
>> there was something very special about him, as though he looked into my
>> soul crying for help. During the day I tried feeding him gradually with
>> a dropper and he was keeping a little food and water down, but still
>> vomiting. I "snuck" him in that evening into his own little room in our
>> basement with a warm bed, food and litter. He kept a little food down.
>>
>> I contacted the Humane Society to get him tested, fixed and vaccinated,
>> but I had to put some weight on him before he could go under anesthesia
>> as long as he was healthy enough. About a week later, I took him in
>> and he tested negative for all diseases, I got him vaccinated, wormed,
>> and neutered. I gave the Humane Society a very nice donation, as they
>> deserved. He has just been the most loving affectionate, animal I've
>> ever met. They seem to know that you saved their life. He's sitting on
>> my lap right now with the sun shining in on us. I tell him, he's an
>> angel sent to watch us. Just a doll.
>
> I love this story. I want to see photos of him and your other babies, I
> will
> send the link to my own tonight. Do you have a photo site?

cybercat
March 4th 07, 07:15 PM
"Marissa" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> It's ok, I'm Maria, I use my daughters Outlook account for newsgroups.

ohhh! I thought I had seen Maria somewhere :)

PawsForThought
March 4th 07, 07:27 PM
On Mar 3, 9:26 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> NO, that is not your only option. Have your vet do it. Mine came to my home
> and did not even charge anything extra for it. I held my cat in my arms, and
> when
> it was over, they gave me the option of having her buried myself, or letting
> them
> take her.

Same here. When it was my cat's time, we had the vet come to our
home. I can't even imagine why the OP would even consider turning the
cat over to animal control.

PawsForThought
March 4th 07, 07:32 PM
On Mar 3, 4:05 pm, > "gayajay via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in
messagenews:[email protected]

> > stroked her head & sang to her. The Doctor, my partner, & I just stood all
> > around her, each of us touching her affectionately. Then the Doctor even
> > broke down as she said the words "she's gone".

I am so sorry for your loss and I'm glad you were able to have your
vet give Sable the injection, and that you were there for her. I'm
sure she knows how much you loved her.

Hugs.

bookie
March 4th 07, 07:32 PM
On 3 Mar, 20:50, "gayajay via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Well people.., Sable's suffering is over. We just returned from the SPCA.
> Before arriving there we asked to meet with our primary Vet who just so
> happened to be working in emergency this morning. Total Godsend. It was so
> liberating not having to convince her of how well we knew Sable & our ability
> to interpret her symptoms & behavior.
> Sable went peacefully & she was surrounded with LOVE. After the injection I
> stroked her head & sang to her. The Doctor, my partner, & I just stood all
> around her, each of us touching her affectionately. Then the Doctor even
> broke down as she said the words "she's gone".
> Needless to say..., this has not been a good day however, if I had to do it
> all over again I wouldn't change a single thing. You people have no idea how
> much your support means to me. Only four of us were in the room with Sable
> but I felt as though I had an army of warm heart felt soldiers of love
> backing me up.
> I was so emotional when I came to you. My partner was already feeling
> emotional too & it was hard for him to see me so upset. For his sake I held
> back my feelings as much as I could but it got to the point where I was so
> desperately in need of someone to talk to. I had tears dripping on my
> computer keyboard during my previous posts. I can't tell you enough just how
> much it meant to me to receive your support.
>
> I have a wonderful family.., two other kitty cats named Angel(female) &
> Lucifer(male) & a puppy dog named Baby. They were all rescue animals in need
> of a loving home. They are my pride & joy. I am one of three daddies. My
> partner & our housemate are the other two. Between the three of us our kids
> are spoiled but that's fine with us. Can't love them enough!
> Each of you have now been adopted by my family. You now have a new nephew &
> two nieces. I've even started building a webpage with their photos & as soon
> as it's uploaded I'll post the link so y'all can see them. I'm even including
> a tribute to my babies who, like Sable, have passed on.
> My babies all have given me the best gift ever..., they've taught me how to
> LOVE LIFE.
>
> Again.., my "friends" (& I so sincerely mean that).., what a gift each &
> everyone of you are. BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU! If there ever comes a
> time when I can be there for you.., please do not hesitate to let me know. I
> honestly feel that I couldn't have done this without your support.
>
> THANK YOU!
>
> Sincerely:
> AJ
>
> PS.: I feel complete with this discussion now. I got what I came for & would
> appreciate it if we could conclude & move on from this topic. This was a sad
> ordeal but it's over now & I'm ready to start sharing my joyful experiences
> with you.
>
> --
> d;-)

i have only just got round to reading all this, i have been busy
elsewhere with other things (more of which later)a nd only made
cursory glances at posts these past few days.
anyway, firstly, I am gald that you were abel to do the right thing by
your beautiful sable, i knwo what it is like to have to make that
decision as i had to do the same in the summer fo 2005 and it is was
heartbreaking. I also know 'that look' as my jasper gave it to me
right at the moment the vet was about to inject him for the last time,
he seemed to say "why are you doing this to me? I wish you could just
take my pain away and I could stay with you forever" but i couldn't
take away his pain, noone could, he was too old and his tumour was too
advanced for treatment anymore so the best thing for him was to put
him to sleep one last time. Yes It was sad and I cried like a baby but
it had to be done.
he is buried in our back garden now, and oddly enough the vet sent me
a card to show their condolences for our loss, nice touch. apparantly
they had been his vet for 15 years before i got him anyway so they
knew him well.

secondly, i am appalled by the behaviour of your previous vet, sounds
like he/she was just tryign to squeeze more moeny out of you for the
last time. What more evidence did he/she need to know that your sable
needed to be allowed to move on? she was 18 for god's sake? it was
time for her to cross the rainbow bridge, it was obvious! I hope you
are going to find yourself a new vet, one with more compassion and
understanding.

i am looking forward to seeing the photos of your little furry family,
I hope there are also photos of sable in there too. i am in the
process of uploading more photos on to my website of my jessie (17 or
18 years old, not sure exactly, rescue cat from hell/heaven depending
on what time of day it is, little furry rascal with the softest white
tummy, currently snoozinf in her radiator hammock next to me makign
cute little wimpering noises every time she rolls over).

now go down that rescue shelter and get yourself a another puss, one
that needs a home and a lot of love as you have lots to give it seems

bookie

cindys
March 4th 07, 10:56 PM
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 3, 9:26 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
>>> NO, that is not your only option. Have your vet do it. Mine came to my
>>> home
>> and did not even charge anything extra for it. I held my cat in my arms,
>> and
>> when
>> it was over, they gave me the option of having her buried myself, or
>> letting
>> them
>> take her.
>
> Same here. When it was my cat's time, we had the vet come to our
> home. I can't even imagine why the OP would even consider turning the
> cat over to animal control.
----------
Because Sable was old and sick and miserable and suffering and despite the
fact that multiple interventions had already been tried, the vet was
refusing to euthanize her (even in the office) unless the OP first agreed to
allow additional torment (aka additional testing to try to determine exactly
what was wrong with her). The OP was desperate to relieve his lifelong
friend of her misery, and he was thinking that animal control might be his
only option. Fortunately, that turned out not to be the case, as he
explained later in the thread.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys
March 4th 07, 10:59 PM
"gayajay via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Well people.., Sable's suffering is over. We just returned from the SPCA.
> Before arriving there we asked to meet with our primary Vet who just so
> happened to be working in emergency this morning. Total Godsend. It was so
> liberating not having to convince her of how well we knew Sable & our
> ability
> to interpret her symptoms & behavior.
> Sable went peacefully & she was surrounded with LOVE.
snip
-----------
I came into this thread rather late. Please accept my condolences. I know
how this feels as we had to do this twice in the last 16 months (our beloved
15-year old dog and our beloved almost-17-year-old cat). Soothing purrs are
being sent your way.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Elizabeth Blake
March 5th 07, 03:21 AM
"gayajay via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Well people.., Sable's suffering is over.

AJ,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I didn't know Sable or you, but I have tears
running down my face right now after reading this thread. Your other babies
are extremely lucky to having such caring humans.

--
Liz

Patty
March 5th 07, 03:29 PM
On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 14:40:02 -0600, MaryL wrote:

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>

>> Small animal vets know that part of their job is "psychologist" to the pet
>> owner.
>> My vet did not even charge anything extra--but I sent a card of thanks
>> with a
>> check in it toward something for the staff. The euthanasia cost $40--a
>> small price
>> to pay to ease the suffering of a beloved cat. I sent another $50 because
>> my friend
>> who has done this before said that this was the proper thing to do to
>> convey my
>> thanks. I was happy to do it. NOBODY needs a vet who lacks compassion.
>>

> I had gone to the same vet for many years, and he did not charge *anything*
> for the euthanasia (which was done in his office -- this was long enough ago
> that either vets did not come to the home or I did not know about it). I'm
> sorry that I didn't think about sending a gift afterwards, although I did
> send a card. I'm going to keep that in mind.
>
> MaryL

I had been going to my vet only a few months when Grady passed away (pts).
I also took him to the vet's office, where they have a very nice room with
softer light and a sofa-like chair and side chair, both with nice soft
cushions. I held Grady on my lap and loved him right through to the end.
It was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but I felt I owed it to him for
all the years he was my pal. I originally began going to this vet for a
second opinion and because they had access to more high tech diagnostic
procedures than the old country vet I originally went to. They also did
not charge me anything for the euthanasia.

A week or so later they sent me a condolence card and everyone in the
office wrote a comment of their memories of Grady for the short time they
knew him.

I like the Thank You Card and gift idea, but I was so distraught afterwards
that I never thought of it. I did call though, and thank them,

I am now taking my Rusty there. I found that they are very compassionate
and caring.

Patty