PDA

View Full Version : Now that Lilly feels better


sheelagh
March 4th 07, 06:30 AM
I thought you might like to share the difference between poor old
Lilly on the 4th of FEb & the way that she looks today...

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyAFewWeeksAfterErOperation

She is SSSssoooooo Much BETTER,
S;o)

Barry
March 4th 07, 07:18 AM
On Mar 4, 12:30 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:

> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyAFewWeeksAfterErOpe...
>
> She is SSSssoooooo Much BETTER,
> S;o)

She's a beautiful girl.

Barry

22brix
March 4th 07, 08:18 AM
She looks fabulous--what a huge difference! So glad she's doing so much
better.

Bonnie

"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I thought you might like to share the difference between poor old
> Lilly on the 4th of FEb & the way that she looks today...
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyAFewWeeksAfterErOperation
>
> She is SSSssoooooo Much BETTER,
> S;o)
>
>

Lynne
March 4th 07, 04:07 PM
on Sun, 04 Mar 2007 05:30:30 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> I thought you might like to share the difference between poor old
> Lilly on the 4th of FEb & the way that she looks today...
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyAFewWeeksAfterErOpera
> tion
>
> She is SSSssoooooo Much BETTER,
> S;o)
>

She looks amazing! I'm so glad she is feeling better, Sheelagh.

--
Lynne

bookie
March 4th 07, 07:32 PM
On 4 Mar, 05:30, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> I thought you might like to share the difference between poor old
> Lilly on the 4th of FEb & the way that she looks today...
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyAFewWeeksAfterErOpe...
>
> She is SSSssoooooo Much BETTER,
> S;o)

ahhhh! she is so beautiful! her lovely soft fur round her face and
those gorgeous eyes! i am so glad she is well now poor little sausage,
she si just too precious for words

bookie

cybercat
March 4th 07, 07:41 PM
"bookie" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On 4 Mar, 05:30, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>> I thought you might like to share the difference between poor old
>> Lilly on the 4th of FEb & the way that she looks today...
>>
>> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyAFewWeeksAfterErOpe...
>>
>> She is SSSssoooooo Much BETTER,
>> S;o)
>
> ahhhh! she is so beautiful! her lovely soft fur round her face and
> those gorgeous eyes! i am so glad she is well now poor little sausage,
> she si just too precious for words
>

And what an amazing transformation!

sheelagh
March 4th 07, 09:45 PM
On 4 Mar, 18:32, "bookie" > wrote:
> On 4 Mar, 05:30, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> > I thought you might like to share the difference between poor old
> > Lilly on the 4th of FEb & the way that she looks today...
>
> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyAFewWeeksAfterErOpe...
>
> > She is SSSssoooooo Much BETTER,
> > S;o)
>
> ahhhh! she is so beautiful! her lovely soft fur round her face and
> those gorgeous eyes! i am so glad she is well now poor little sausage,
> she si just too precious for words
>
> bookie
Thank you.
I have to agree with you of course

<lily is pointedly staring me in the eye as I type, how could I dare
say any
other,
lol?>
She has made a wonderful recovery, & it makes up slightly for the
terrible disappointment when we lost Belle's kittens.
That really was dreadful!
Lilly's pride and joy, her coat.. is growing back over her somewhat
over pot bellied belly <good job she can't read...>

She really did go through the mill though.
Since going to our new vet though, whom I really must tell you is an
excellent vet, we feel so much happier & confident about taking her
there. We are still on the watch out for any left over signs of flu
though & we are still trying to keep up clinical cleanliness too.
We still find plenty of times for cuddles & wuddles of course!

Tiggy has gone to her new host home in time for her to settle down &
feel comfortable about her new surroundings before the birth of her
final litter, in around 2 weeks time.
She will remain there until her confinement is over & her kittens are
safely with their new Mummy's & Daddy's. I am not willing to take the
chance of loosing any more precious babes;especially our final litter.

Belle has been spayed, all of our males have been neutered, & Lilly
lost her womb to Pyometra, so that only leaves Tiggy to be done after
her litter go to their new homes.
Excellent to have our old Lilly pads back though<grinning>
S;o)

Barry
March 4th 07, 11:43 PM
On Mar 4, 1:32 pm, "bookie" > wrote:

> ahhhh! she is so beautiful! her lovely soft fur round her face and
> those gorgeous eyes! i am so glad she is well now poor little sausage,
> she si just too precious for words


Hello bookie

T
March 6th 07, 03:19 AM
In article . com>,
says...
> I thought you might like to share the difference between poor old
> Lilly on the 4th of FEb & the way that she looks today...
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyAFewWeeksAfterErOperation
>
> She is SSSssoooooo Much BETTER,
> S;o)
>
>


Wow, she's a beautiful cat. I'm glad she's doing better.

zinzee
March 6th 07, 04:25 AM
On Mar 4, 12:30 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> I thought you might like to share the difference between poor old
> Lilly on the 4th of FEb & the way that she looks today...
>
> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyAFewWeeksAfterErOpe...
>
> She is SSSssoooooo Much BETTER,
> S;o)

So happy for you! What an adorable kitty!!!!!

On a side note, Mack C.'s eye is so much better! He's on L-lysine for
life now. I think he's getting used to the canned food. Although,
his body is adjusting, as well. He had some poop on his bum and just
sat on my rug in the living room and did a seated moonwalk across the
rug! Not too much on the carpet and with Nature's Miracle we're all
good. Can't be mad at him as I appreciate him not sitting a dirty bum
next to me when I go to sleep. It was funny but I think he was really
embarrassed!

So glad your little angel is better!! Those blue eyes are amazing!!

sheelagh
March 6th 07, 03:11 PM
On 6 Mar, 03:25, "zinzee" > wrote:
> On Mar 4, 12:30 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> > I thought you might like to share the difference between poor old
> > Lilly on the 4th of FEb & the way that she looks today...
>
> >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyAFewWeeksAfterErOpe...
>
> > She is SSSssoooooo Much BETTER,
> > S;o)
>
> So happy for you! What an adorable kitty!!!!!
>
> On a side note, Mack C.'s eye is so much better! He's on L-lysine for
> life now. I think he's getting used to the canned food. Although,
> his body is adjusting, as well. He had some poop on his bum and just
> sat on my rug in the living room and did a seated moonwalk across the
> rug! Not too much on the carpet and with Nature's Miracle we're all
> good. Can't be mad at him as I appreciate him not sitting a dirty bum
> next to me when I go to sleep. It was funny but I think he was really
> embarrassed!
>
> So glad your little angel is better!! Those blue eyes are amazing!!

Thank you very much.
I am so pleased to hear that Mark C is adjusting too.
I recently found out that we have a Fhv & Fcv cat as well.

The news was devastating & I now understand what you went through,
because are going through as similar situation.
I asked Lynne for advice because I knew that she has been coping with
it with Levis, her personal pacifier, lol (he is sooo cute!!).

I have just started Lucy(fur!!) on L-lysine for life. I don't think
that she liked the idea very much, but I won the wait out, & she is
eating it with no problems. I can't really tell the difference yet
because she has only been on it for 5 days so far, so I will report
back latter on that one...
By the way, the moon walking bit is something that I noticed one of my
cats doing once. I was so intrigued that I got some advice on it
because he didn't do it regularly & it turned out that he had a case
of the worms (a nasty does of unwelcome visitors).
It might not be the case with Mark C, but worth investigating..
Great to hear some good news
Continued best wishes,
S;o)

zinzee
March 6th 07, 04:49 PM
On Mar 6, 9:11 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> On 6 Mar, 03:25, "zinzee" > wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Mar 4, 12:30 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> > > I thought you might like to share the difference between poor old
> > > Lilly on the 4th of FEb & the way that she looks today...
>
> > >http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/LillyAFewWeeksAfterErOpe...
>
> > > She is SSSssoooooo Much BETTER,
> > > S;o)
>
> > So happy for you! What an adorable kitty!!!!!
>
> > On a side note, Mack C.'s eye is so much better! He's on L-lysine for
> > life now. I think he's getting used to the canned food. Although,
> > his body is adjusting, as well. He had some poop on his bum and just
> > sat on my rug in the living room and did a seated moonwalk across the
> > rug! Not too much on the carpet and with Nature's Miracle we're all
> > good. Can't be mad at him as I appreciate him not sitting a dirty bum
> > next to me when I go to sleep. It was funny but I think he was really
> > embarrassed!
>
> > So glad your little angel is better!! Those blue eyes are amazing!!
>
> Thank you very much.
> I am so pleased to hear that Mark C is adjusting too.
> I recently found out that we have a Fhv & Fcv cat as well.
>
> The news was devastating & I now understand what you went through,
> because are going through as similar situation.
> I asked Lynne for advice because I knew that she has been coping with
> it with Levis, her personal pacifier, lol (he is sooo cute!!).
>
> I have just started Lucy(fur!!) on L-lysine for life. I don't think
> that she liked the idea very much, but I won the wait out, & she is
> eating it with no problems. I can't really tell the difference yet
> because she has only been on it for 5 days so far, so I will report
> back latter on that one...
> By the way, the moon walking bit is something that I noticed one of my
> cats doing once. I was so intrigued that I got some advice on it
> because he didn't do it regularly & it turned out that he had a case
> of the worms (a nasty does of unwelcome visitors).
> It might not be the case with Mark C, but worth investigating..
> Great to hear some good news
> Continued best wishes,
> S;o)

Oh boy! Thank you for the heads up. Geez, I dunno how I would handle
Mack C. having another ailment. I guess I would just have to do it.
My suspicion is that it's because we made a rather drastic switch from
strictly dry food to mostly canned wet food. He literally had a
piece of the brown stuff that came off as soon as he sat down. It was
solid, just not coming off all the way.

Are there other signs of worms? I will google it and do some
investigating as well.

In any case, we are going to get a second opinion about his possible
HCM this week so I will mention that as well. Thanks again for the
tip! I will hope for the best...

Best,
Heather

sheelagh
March 6th 07, 08:10 PM
On 6 Mar, 15:49, "zinzee" > wrote:
> On Mar 6, 9:11 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On 6 Mar, 03:25, "zinzee" > wrote:
>

> Oh boy! Thank you for the heads up. Geez, I dunno how I would handle
> Mack C. having another ailment. I guess I would just have to do it.
> My suspicion is that it's because we made a rather drastic switch from
> strictly dry food to mostly canned wet food. He literally had a
> piece of the brown stuff that came off as soon as he sat down. It was
> solid, just not coming off all the way.
It sound like you say, that it was just a nice way of removing a
pestilent piece of feaces, lol...
> Are there other signs of worms? I will google it and do some
> investigating as well.

Yes, I got this one from Lynne & a few others too.
Any cat can catch worms.. you don't even have to let them out to pick
them up.
I know that mine didn'[email protected] that time. Even from fly- blows landing on
their food!!

DO NOT BUY ANY OVER THE COUNTER REMEDIES THOUGH!!
They can cause even more damage than you ever thought possible-
TRUELY!!

The best way is the nasty way.. You have to look at it in intimate
detail, preferably just after they have had one..It also depends on
which type of worm we are looking for too. If it happens to be common
old garden worms, then a good dose of drontal
( or whatever your vet recommends, given his problems..)

If it happens to be tapeworms, then you will see them in a fresh
sample (tiny little grains of rice is what you look for.)

If you really are not sure that it is worms, the best thing to do is
call your vet (therefore cutting out the consultation fee..) & ask
what would be the best product to use on him & I am sure that they
will be only too pleased to help you out on this one..
> In any case, we are going to get a second opinion about his possible
> HCM this week so I will mention that as well. Thanks again for the
> tip! I will hope for the best...
>
> Best,
> Heather-
No problem at all. I found out the hard way.
I thought that when i wormed my cat, that was all I had to do, until I
realised that there were other worms that the tablet didn't
cover....!!
If you find that you have problems getting medication down him, you
can always ask about spot on treatments too, where you just put the
spot on treatment in between the shoulder blades where they can't
reach it or lick it off.
Good luck with your appointment, & do let us know how you got on,
Please?
Always interseting to know how others fare with their nearest &
dearest
Thanks
S;o)

zinzee
March 6th 07, 11:50 PM
On Mar 6, 2:10 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:
> On 6 Mar, 15:49, "zinzee" > wrote:
>
> > On Mar 6, 9:11 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> > > On 6 Mar, 03:25, "zinzee" > wrote:
>
> > Oh boy! Thank you for the heads up. Geez, I dunno how I would handle
> > Mack C. having another ailment. I guess I would just have to do it.
> > My suspicion is that it's because we made a rather drastic switch from
> > strictly dry food to mostly canned wet food. He literally had a
> > piece of the brown stuff that came off as soon as he sat down. It was
> > solid, just not coming off all the way.
>
> It sound like you say, that it was just a nice way of removing a
> pestilent piece of feaces, lol...
>
> > Are there other signs of worms? I will google it and do some
> > investigating as well.
>
> Yes, I got this one from Lynne & a few others too.
> Any cat can catch worms.. you don't even have to let them out to pick
> them up.
> I know that mine didn'[email protected] that time. Even from fly- blows landing on
> their food!!
>
> DO NOT BUY ANY OVER THE COUNTER REMEDIES THOUGH!!
> They can cause even more damage than you ever thought possible-
> TRUELY!!
>
> The best way is the nasty way.. You have to look at it in intimate
> detail, preferably just after they have had one..It also depends on
> which type of worm we are looking for too. If it happens to be common
> old garden worms, then a good dose of drontal
> ( or whatever your vet recommends, given his problems..)
>
> If it happens to be tapeworms, then you will see them in a fresh
> sample (tiny little grains of rice is what you look for.)
>
> If you really are not sure that it is worms, the best thing to do is
> call your vet (therefore cutting out the consultation fee..) & ask
> what would be the best product to use on him & I am sure that they
> will be only too pleased to help you out on this one..> In any case, we are going to get a second opinion about his possible
> > HCM this week so I will mention that as well. Thanks again for the
> > tip! I will hope for the best...
>
> > Best,
> > Heather-
>
> No problem at all. I found out the hard way.
> I thought that when i wormed my cat, that was all I had to do, until I
> realised that there were other worms that the tablet didn't
> cover....!!
> If you find that you have problems getting medication down him, you
> can always ask about spot on treatments too, where you just put the
> spot on treatment in between the shoulder blades where they can't
> reach it or lick it off.
> Good luck with your appointment, & do let us know how you got on,
> Please?
> Always interseting to know how others fare with their nearest &
> dearest
> Thanks
> S;o)

You are such a wonderful help, thank you again! I will investigate
his 'product' hopefully this evening. Most likely after he has
dinner, hah!

I've been thinking I should put him on the spot-on treatment lately.
I know it prevents against not only fleas but heartworms as well.
Although, he does not ever go outside and has no interaction with
other animals. I figure it can't really hurt. I never did it before
because he's never has had a flea in his life...but you know, trying
to work preemptively right now!

All the best,
Heather

sheelagh
March 7th 07, 02:13 AM
On 6 Mar, 22:50, "zinzee" > wrote:
> On Mar 6, 2:10 pm, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On 6 Mar, 15:49, "zinzee" > wrote:
>
> > > On Mar 6, 9:11 am, "sheelagh" > wrote:
>
> > > > On 6 Mar, 03:25, "zinzee" > wrote:
>
> > > Oh boy! Thank you for the heads up. Geez, I dunno how I would handle
> > > Mack C. having another ailment. I guess I would just have to do it.
> > > My suspicion is that it's because we made a rather drastic switch from
> > > strictly dry food to mostly canned wet food. He literally had a
> > > piece of the brown stuff that came off as soon as he sat down. It was
> > > solid, just not coming off all the way.
>
> > It sound like you say, that it was just a nice way of removing a
> > pestilent piece of feaces, lol...
>
> > > Are there other signs of worms? I will google it and do some
> > > investigating as well.
>
> > Yes, I got this one from Lynne & a few others too.
> > Any cat can catch worms.. you don't even have to let them out to pick
> > them up.
> > I know that mine didn'[email protected] that time. Even from fly- blows landing on
> > their food!!
>
> > DO NOT BUY ANY OVER THE COUNTER REMEDIES THOUGH!!
> > They can cause even more damage than you ever thought possible-
> > TRUELY!!
>
> > The best way is the nasty way.. You have to look at it in intimate
> > detail, preferably just after they have had one..It also depends on
> > which type of worm we are looking for too. If it happens to be common
> > old garden worms, then a good dose of drontal
> > ( or whatever your vet recommends, given his problems..)
>
> > If it happens to be tapeworms, then you will see them in a fresh
> > sample (tiny little grains of rice is what you look for.)
>
> > If you really are not sure that it is worms, the best thing to do is
> > call your vet (therefore cutting out the consultation fee..) & ask
> > what would be the best product to use on him & I am sure that they
> > will be only too pleased to help you out on this one..> In any case, we are going to get a second opinion about his possible
> > > HCM this week so I will mention that as well. Thanks again for the
> > > tip! I will hope for the best...
>
> > > Best,
> > > Heather-
>
> > No problem at all. I found out the hard way.
> > I thought that when i wormed my cat, that was all I had to do, until I
> > realised that there were other worms that the tablet didn't
> > cover....!!
> > If you find that you have problems getting medication down him, you
> > can always ask about spot on treatments too, where you just put the
> > spot on treatment in between the shoulder blades where they can't
> > reach it or lick it off.
> > Good luck with your appointment, & do let us know how you got on,
> > Please?
> > Always interseting to know how others fare with their nearest &
> > dearest
> > Thanks
> > S;o)
>
> You are such a wonderful help, thank you again! I will investigate
> his 'product' hopefully this evening. Most likely after he has
> dinner, hah!
>
> I've been thinking I should put him on the spot-on treatment lately.
> I know it prevents against not only fleas but heartworms as well.
> Although, he does not ever go outside and has no interaction with
> other animals. I figure it can't really hurt. I never did it before
> because he's never has had a flea in his life...but you know, trying
> to work presumptively right now!
>
> All the best,
> Heather- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Drontal was just the first product that came to mind,. There are
better ones as you say. I have a feeling that there is one called
advantage, but I don't know what is best for Mark C.

You are best asking your vet which he/she feels is the best one for
him, then buy on line if you can because it is so much cheaper.
http://www.discountpetmedicines.com/flea-control-heartworm-medication.htm
The link I have given you is just one site that you can browse at-
there are many more such sites that might be cheaper for you , I
simply picked this one because I think you live in the USA.
It is easy enough to google if you want to though.
I hope that this gives you a bit of information that you are looking
for..
We suffer from different parasites over here, & heat worm has not
arrived...(so far!!)
Good luck
S;o)