PDA

View Full Version : How old can a cat get?

Mandylifeboats
March 4th 07, 10:58 AM
I was last on this group about 10 years ago when people were very
helpful and comforting when my old cat Cees died. Now I have an even
older cat - Lupi is 24! She's stone deaf, sees badly, has few teeth
left, but is otherwise lithe and fit and has a rich glossy (tabby) coat.
She prowls round the garden, jumps up on the mantelpiece
(unfortunately!) and seems to enjoying life in her quiet elderly way. At
rest she seeks a warm flank to cuddle up to of either her half-brother
Wolfgang (22) or of one of the other 2 cats.
Nice to beback in this group!
MLB

John Ross Mc Master
March 4th 07, 01:35 PM
On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:58:27 +0100, Mandylifeboats >
wrote:

>I was last on this group about 10 years ago when people were very
>helpful and comforting when my old cat Cees died. Now I have an even
>older cat - Lupi is 24! She's stone deaf, sees badly, has few teeth
>left, but is otherwise lithe and fit and has a rich glossy (tabby) coat.
> She prowls round the garden, jumps up on the mantelpiece
>(unfortunately!) and seems to enjoying life in her quiet elderly way. At
>rest she seeks a warm flank to cuddle up to of either her half-brother
>Wolfgang (22) or of one of the other 2 cats.
>Nice to beback in this group!
>MLB
Give them a cuddle from me. I think it's great they have reached old
age!

Mandylifeboats
March 4th 07, 01:45 PM
Thanks JRM - they appreciated that!!
MLB

John Ross Mc Master wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:58:27 +0100, Mandylifeboats >
> wrote:
>

>>I was last on this group about 10 years ago when people were very
>>helpful and comforting when my old cat Cees died. Now I have an even
>>older cat - Lupi is 24! She's stone deaf, sees badly, has few teeth
>>left, but is otherwise lithe and fit and has a rich glossy (tabby) coat.
>> She prowls round the garden, jumps up on the mantelpiece
>>(unfortunately!) and seems to enjoying life in her quiet elderly way. At
>>rest she seeks a warm flank to cuddle up to of either her half-brother
>>Wolfgang (22) or of one of the other 2 cats.
>>Nice to beback in this group!
>>MLB
>
> Give them a cuddle from me. I think it's great they have reached old
> age!

blkcatgal
March 4th 07, 03:26 PM
Wow! That's pretty old. But today, cats are living much longer due to
better foods, better medical treatments, etc. I think the oldest cat on
record lived to be 33. Congrats on having 2 fairly healthy geriatrics!

S.

"Mandylifeboats" > wrote in message
>I was last on this group about 10 years ago when people were very helpful
>and comforting when my old cat Cees died. Now I have an even older cat -
>Lupi is 24! She's stone deaf, sees badly, has few teeth left, but is
>otherwise lithe and fit and has a rich glossy (tabby) coat. She prowls
>round the garden, jumps up on the mantelpiece (unfortunately!) and seems to
>enjoying life in her quiet elderly way. At rest she seeks a warm flank to
>cuddle up to of either her half-brother Wolfgang (22) or of one of the
>other 2 cats.
> Nice to beback in this group!
> MLB

Sharon
May 23rd 07, 01:00 AM
I hope mine live to be that ripe old age :)