PDA

View Full Version : "sweet smelling" litterbox

kitkat via CatKB.com
March 5th 07, 03:03 AM
I'm at a loss - I'm noticing a horrible sweet smell from the litterbox - we
haven't changed the litter brand and I'm simply using fantastik to clean
around the area so I'm assuming the smell is from one of the cats.

I don't know if the smell is in the urine or feces. I'm really at a loss on
this one - I've been looking online and "sweet urine" isn't listed anywhere...
nor does anything like it pop up under thyroid or diabetes problems.

ideas?

perhaps I'm crazy. That would solve everything.

22brix
March 5th 07, 03:29 AM
"kitkat via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I'm at a loss - I'm noticing a horrible sweet smell from the litterbox -
> we
> haven't changed the litter brand and I'm simply using fantastik to clean
> around the area so I'm assuming the smell is from one of the cats.
>
> I don't know if the smell is in the urine or feces. I'm really at a loss
> on
> this one - I've been looking online and "sweet urine" isn't listed
> anywhere...
> nor does anything like it pop up under thyroid or diabetes problems.
>
> ideas?
>
> perhaps I'm crazy. That would solve everything.

The first thing I thought of was diabetes. This link gives a couple of
possibilities for sweet smelling urine.
Can't imagine was would make feces smell sweet!

http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/courses_vm546/content_links/Clinical_Pathology/Lab_Tests/urinalysis.htm

Rene S.
March 5th 07, 07:34 PM

> The first thing I thought of was diabetes. This link gives a couple of
> possibilities for sweet smelling urine.
> Can't imagine was would make feces smell sweet!
>
> http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/courses_vm546/content_links/Clinical_Pathol...

Me too. Can't hurt to have a blood test to see if everything's ok.