PDA

View Full Version : video--kittens fighting over mom's nipples

cybercat
March 5th 07, 06:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GjwZ89tfDY

This was in another group. Turn your sound up. The thing that killed me is
that my little Gracie, now 7 but a new Mom when I adopted her 5 years ago,
heard this and woke up from her nap to come peer around the room and cry,
looking for the babies!

The story was, she was pregnant when the shelter found her, had two little
grey tabby babies, and nursed an orphan whose mother had been killed.

sheelagh
March 5th 07, 11:03 AM
On 5 Mar, 06:41, "cybercat" > wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GjwZ89tfDY
>
> This was in another group. Turn your sound up. The thing that killed me is
> that my little Gracie, now 7 but a new Mom when I adopted her 5 years ago,
> heard this and woke up from her nap to come peer around the room and cry,
> looking for the babies!
>
> The story was, she was pregnant when the shelter found her, had two little
> grey tabby babies, and nursed an orphan whose mother had been killed.

wow, amazing.
I don't think that you can beat the sound of happy kittens..
it's like music to my ears...
I have a cat like that too.
Belle tried feeding both her own litter and Lilly's too last summer, &
she has taken on a RTA cat victims kittens on @ the end of one of her
own litter as well. Sounds like your little girl, doesn't it?
I find it interesting that if it smells ands sounds like a kitten, she
is desperate to feed it. It must be an in built alarm system?

Not all of them have it though...Lilly would rather go for a 10 mile
walk than feed kittens, even her own kittens;Lilly hates walking
further than the meadow behind our house though..
So it must be a special gift, hey?
S;o)

March 5th 07, 08:55 PM
On Mar 4, 11:41 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GjwZ89tfDY
>
> This was in another group. Turn your sound up. The thing that killed me is
> that my little Gracie, now 7 but a new Mom when I adopted her 5 years ago,
> heard this and woke up from her nap to come peer around the room and cry,
> looking for the babies!
>
> The story was, she was pregnant when the shelter found her, had two little
> grey tabby babies, and nursed an orphan whose mother had been killed.

OMG! This is precious! It's been ancient years since I've heard that
sound. It's probably been 30 years since a cat of mine had kittens.
It almost makes me want to....but no, I won't. It's beautiful.
Thanks!

Eva

cybercat
March 5th 07, 09:18 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 4, 11:41 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GjwZ89tfDY
>>
>> This was in another group. Turn your sound up. The thing that killed me
>> is
>> that my little Gracie, now 7 but a new Mom when I adopted her 5 years
>> ago,
>> heard this and woke up from her nap to come peer around the room and cry,
>> looking for the babies!
>>
>> The story was, she was pregnant when the shelter found her, had two
>> little
>> grey tabby babies, and nursed an orphan whose mother had been killed.
>
> OMG! This is precious! It's been ancient years since I've heard that
> sound. It's probably been 30 years since a cat of mine had kittens.
> It almost makes me want to....but no, I won't. It's beautiful.

Yes!! I feel the same way! Utter delight. I want to play it over and over
but it seems to distress my little Gracie, as she keeps looking for the
kittens that need her. :)

Suki
March 6th 07, 01:25 AM
On Mar 5, 1:18 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > On Mar 4, 11:41 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GjwZ89tfDY
>
> >> This was in another group. Turn your sound up. The thing that killed me
> >> is
> >> that my little Gracie, now 7 but a new Mom when I adopted her 5 years
> >> ago,
> >> heard this and woke up from her nap to come peer around the room and cry,
> >> looking for the babies!
>
> >> The story was, she was pregnant when the shelter found her, had two
> >> little
> >> grey tabby babies, and nursed an orphan whose mother had been killed.
>
> > OMG! This is precious! It's been ancient years since I've heard that
> > sound. It's probably been 30 years since a cat of mine had kittens.
> > It almost makes me want to....but no, I won't. It's beautiful.
>
> Yes!! I feel the same way! Utter delight. I want to play it over and over
> but it seems to distress my little Gracie, as she keeps looking for the
> kittens that need her. :)- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for sharing your cats reactions.

I had never heard kittens that young before - and in my haste did not
think of how it might affect Suki (she was surrendered to the SPCA a
year ago with a litter of kittens). Now she is sad looking and
searching for her kittens. I feel like a horrible mom!

I will wait and watch the video next time I am on the road.