PDA

View Full Version : I dunno who to call!

March 6th 07, 12:00 AM
I keep running into this poor little stray cat in my apartment
complex. He was born and raised here so far. I don't even think he's
too-too old yet. The poor little guy is so thin and pitiful looking.
And he's very hoarse. All the bigger strays I think beat him outta
any food he finds, and he hides out from them a lot. I feel so bad
for him and wish there was something I could do to help. I really
don't want to take him in myself, as I don't have the means/money to
do so, plus, my cat does not get along with other pets, under any
circumstance. I thought I'd call a shelter or the ASPCA, but I'm
getting run around and can't find ONE number to call. I don't know
what or WHO to look for. Can someone help?

March 6th 07, 12:03 AM
I took some pics of him just now..

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p199/ForeverWinter07/kitty1.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p199/ForeverWinter07/kitty2.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p199/ForeverWinter07/kitty3.jpg

Doesn't he make you want to cry? :o(

Barry
March 6th 07, 12:06 AM
On Mar 5, 7:00 pm, "
> wrote:
> I keep running into this poor little stray cat in my apartment
> complex. He was born and raised here so far. I don't even think he's
> too-too old yet. The poor little guy is so thin and pitiful looking.
> And he's very hoarse. All the bigger strays I think beat him outta
> any food he finds, and he hides out from them a lot. I feel so bad
> for him and wish there was something I could do to help. I really
> don't want to take him in myself, as I don't have the means/money to
> do so, plus, my cat does not get along with other pets, under any
> circumstance. I thought I'd call a shelter or the ASPCA, but I'm
> getting run around and can't find ONE number to call. I don't know
> what or WHO to look for. Can someone help?

Oh you're a saint!

I can't stand to see that sort of thing either.

Listen, I want to help. Do you have a paypal where I can send you a
few dollars?
I don't care what kind of food you get her, but you have to bring him/
her inside.
Ill send enough for vetting as well.. this just breaks my heart.

Ill await your instructions dear, and bless you.

Barry

March 6th 07, 12:10 AM
On Mar 5, 5:06 pm, "Barry" > wrote:
> On Mar 5, 7:00 pm, "
>
> > wrote:
> > I keep running into this poor little stray cat in my apartment
> > complex. He was born and raised here so far. I don't even think he's
> > too-too old yet. The poor little guy is so thin and pitiful looking.
> > And he's very hoarse. All the bigger strays I think beat him outta
> > any food he finds, and he hides out from them a lot. I feel so bad
> > for him and wish there was something I could do to help. I really
> > don't want to take him in myself, as I don't have the means/money to
> > do so, plus, my cat does not get along with other pets, under any
> > circumstance. I thought I'd call a shelter or the ASPCA, but I'm
> > getting run around and can't find ONE number to call. I don't know
> > what or WHO to look for. Can someone help?
>
> Oh you're a saint!
>
> I can't stand to see that sort of thing either.
>
> Listen, I want to help. Do you have a paypal where I can send you a
> few dollars?
> I don't care what kind of food you get her, but you have to bring him/
> her inside.
> Ill send enough for vetting as well.. this just breaks my heart.
>
> Ill await your instructions dear, and bless you.
>
> Barry

That's awful sweet of you to offer me money... I have a few dollars
that I wanna sneak out and buy a bag of food for him with... I really
wish I could take him in, but I really can't do that. I sort of think
he has some kind of ...something ailing him too. I wonder if he's got
leukemia or something. He looks/sounds very similar to an old cat of
mine that I lost that to. Poor little guy.

If anyone can help me find an AZ number to call (if need be, zip code
is 85307)... any place, shelter or something, that can come get him.
I have no way to "trap" him or get a hold of him... so I feel stuck.
And seeing him just makes me want to cry.

Matthew
March 6th 07, 12:20 AM
Where are you so one of us out here can post who to call

> wrote in message
ps.com...
>I took some pics of him just now..
>
> http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p199/ForeverWinter07/kitty1.jpg
>
> http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p199/ForeverWinter07/kitty2.jpg
>
> http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p199/ForeverWinter07/kitty3.jpg
>
> Doesn't he make you want to cry? :o(

Matthew
March 6th 07, 12:29 AM
Here is all the shelters near where you live. Good luck

Sun City Animal Rescue
7150 N 110th Ave
Glendale, AZ 85307

(623) 872-7941

Humane Society of Wickenburg
Wickenburg, AZ 85358

(928) 684-8801

City of el Mirage Animal Control
El Mirage, AZ 85335

(623) 933-1341

Arizona Petline
6866 W Townley Ave
Peoria, AZ 85345

(623) 934-3908

http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/yellowpages/ypresults.jsp?t=0&v=3&s=2&q=animal+shelter&ci=Phoenix&st=AZ&_requestid=481097

http://www.netpets.org/cats/catresc/groups/arizona.html

Arizona Humane Society
(602) 997-7586
1521 W Dobbins Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85041-8200

Arizona Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals
(602) 246-8280
Arizona Animal Welfare League
(602) 273-6852
30 N 40th Pl
Phoenix, AZ 85034-1802

cindys
March 6th 07, 12:42 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
> Here is all the shelters near where you live. Good luck
----------
I hope Patterson phones only no-kill shelters. I would be concerned that an
organization like "City of el Mirage Animal Control" would euthanize the cat
immediately. Patterson, when you call these places, please, please, please
the first thing you need to find out is if they euthanize animals or not. If
they say yes, then call one of the other shelters. The no-kill shelters do
not euthanize unless the cat is completely uncontrollable or has an
incurable illness. Yes, these pictures make me want to cry.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

> Sun City Animal Rescue
> 7150 N 110th Ave
> Glendale, AZ 85307
>
> (623) 872-7941
>
> Humane Society of Wickenburg
> Wickenburg, AZ 85358
>
> (928) 684-8801
>
> City of el Mirage Animal Control
> El Mirage, AZ 85335
>
> (623) 933-1341
>
> Arizona Petline
> 6866 W Townley Ave
> Peoria, AZ 85345
>
> (623) 934-3908
>

> http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/yellowpages/ypresults.jsp?t=0&v=3&s=2&q=animal+shelter&ci=Phoenix&st=AZ&_requestid=481097
>
> http://www.netpets.org/cats/catresc/groups/arizona.html
>

> Arizona Humane Society
> (602) 997-7586
> 1521 W Dobbins Rd
> Phoenix, AZ 85041-8200
>
> Arizona Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals
> (602) 246-8280
> Arizona Animal Welfare League
> (602) 273-6852
> 30 N 40th Pl
> Phoenix, AZ 85034-1802

March 6th 07, 12:47 AM
On Mar 5, 5:42 pm, "cindys" > wrote:
> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>
> ...> Here is all the shelters near where you live. Good luck
>
> ----------
> I hope Patterson phones only no-kill shelters. I would be concerned that an
> organization like "City of el Mirage Animal Control" would euthanize the cat
> immediately. Patterson, when you call these places, please, please, please
> the first thing you need to find out is if they euthanize animals or not. If
> they say yes, then call one of the other shelters. The no-kill shelters do
> not euthanize unless the cat is completely uncontrollable or has an
> incurable illness. Yes, these pictures make me want to cry.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.
>

> > Sun City Animal Rescue
> > 7150 N 110th Ave
> > Glendale, AZ 85307
>
> > (623) 872-7941
>
> > Humane Society of Wickenburg
> > Wickenburg, AZ 85358
>
> > (928) 684-8801
>
> > City of el Mirage Animal Control
> > El Mirage, AZ 85335
>
> > (623) 933-1341
>
> > Arizona Petline
> > 6866 W Townley Ave
> > Peoria, AZ 85345
>
> > (623) 934-3908
>
> >http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/yellowpages/ypresults.jsp?t=0&v=3&s=2&q...
>
> >http://www.netpets.org/cats/catresc/groups/arizona.html
>
> > Arizona Humane Society
> > (602) 997-7586
> > 1521 W Dobbins Rd
> > Phoenix, AZ 85041-8200
>
> > Arizona Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals
> > (602) 246-8280
> > Arizona Animal Welfare League
> > (602) 273-6852
> > 30 N 40th Pl
> > Phoenix, AZ 85034-1802

Thanks for the tip, Matthew, I was on the same track. :o) I'm
nervous to call the Animal Control number. I tried the netpets
website, and found the one in my city (Glendale), but the email (the
only way to contact besides PO BOX) wasn't any good. It came back to
me saying undeliverable/user unknown or something. I'll keep
trying.

- Winter

Lynne
March 6th 07, 01:02 AM
on Tue, 06 Mar 2007 00:47:27 GMT, "
> wrote:

> Thanks for the tip, Matthew, I was on the same track. :o) I'm
> nervous to call the Animal Control number. I tried the netpets
> website, and found the one in my city (Glendale), but the email (the
> only way to contact besides PO BOX) wasn't any good. It came back to
> me saying undeliverable/user unknown or something. I'll keep
> tryin

AC will most likely put him down. Go to petfinder.com and click on the
"shelter & rescue groups" link. See if any of the rescues listed in your
area will help you. Maybe they aren't too full up with the Spring kitten
glut yet...

--
Lynne

March 6th 07, 06:23 PM
On Mar 5, 6:02 pm, Lynne > wrote:
> on Tue, 06 Mar 2007 00:47:27 GMT, "
>
> > wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the tip, Matthew, I was on the same track. :o) I'm
> > nervous to call the Animal Control number. I tried the netpets
> > website, and found the one in my city (Glendale), but the email (the
> > only way to contact besides PO BOX) wasn't any good. It came back to
> > me saying undeliverable/user unknown or something. I'll keep
> > tryin
>
> AC will most likely put him down. Go to petfinder.com and click on the
> "shelter & rescue groups" link. See if any of the rescues listed in your
> area will help you. Maybe they aren't too full up with the Spring kitten
> glut yet...
>
> --
> Lynne

I just found a rescue group called "Paws for Love Cat Rescue Inc." and
sent them an email. Wish me luck.

cindys
March 6th 07, 07:52 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Mar 5, 6:02 pm, Lynne > wrote:
>> on Tue, 06 Mar 2007 00:47:27 GMT, "
>>
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks for the tip, Matthew, I was on the same track. :o) I'm
>> > nervous to call the Animal Control number. I tried the netpets
>> > website, and found the one in my city (Glendale), but the email (the
>> > only way to contact besides PO BOX) wasn't any good. It came back to
>> > me saying undeliverable/user unknown or something. I'll keep
>> > tryin
>>
>> AC will most likely put him down. Go to petfinder.com and click on the
>> "shelter & rescue groups" link. See if any of the rescues listed in your
>> area will help you. Maybe they aren't too full up with the Spring kitten
>> glut yet...
>>
>> --
>> Lynne
>
> I just found a rescue group called "Paws for Love Cat Rescue Inc." and
> sent them an email. Wish me luck.
-----------
Good luck! Please keep us updated.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

April 16th 07, 03:05 PM
On Mar 6, 12:52 pm, "cindys" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > On Mar 5, 6:02 pm, Lynne > wrote:
> >> on Tue, 06 Mar 2007 00:47:27 GMT, "

> >> AC will most likely put him down. Go to petfinder.com and click on the
> >> "shelter & rescue groups" link. See if any of the rescues listed in your
> >> area will help you. Maybe they aren't too full up with the Spring kitten
> >> glut yet...
>
> >> --
> >> Lynne
>
> > I just found a rescue group called "Paws for Love Cat Rescue Inc." and
> > sent them an email. Wish me luck.
>
> -----------
> Good luck! Please keep us updated.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Just to update, the person I emailed, never wrote back. I was quite
disgusted. I called three times in one day, about 3 days later. She
finally answered on the last ring. I was pretty mad by the time she
decided to answer.

For a while, a family in our complex took in the stray, but he got
back out and the bigger ones were beating up on him. And now I
haven't seen him in a week, I fear that he's died. =/