PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: What does Kosher mean?

fgdg
March 6th 07, 12:03 AM
Video - Warning graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_short

(PeteCresswell)
March 6th 07, 12:41 AM
Per fgdg:
>http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_short

That was sickening.

I'll never knock PETA again.
--
PeteCresswell

Laura
March 6th 07, 12:41 AM
This video is very graphic and very real.....

do not watch it if you have a weak stomach

oldhickory
March 6th 07, 03:47 AM
Never kosher again and I'll certainly re-evaluate my diet. I have a bunch
of food allergies (including soy and some others, which makes it very hard
to be vegetarian) but this is...well...

I find it amazing that their undercover folks could stand to be there long
enough to get the footage......

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"Laura" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> This video is very graphic and very real.....
>
> do not watch it if you have a weak stomach

flick
March 6th 07, 04:37 AM
"fgdg" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Video - Warning graphic:
> http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_short

I am not going to watch the video, as I don't have a strong stomach these
days.

Temple Grandin, who is an expert in such matters, has written that kosher
slaughter, *done correctly,* is humane. It's difficult to do correctly,
though. There should be little pain and quick death.

If the video is VERY sickening, then probably it wasn't done right. PETA is
an expert at slanting their information so that you don't get the whole
story.

Besides, PETA kills animals:

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

flick 100785
--
They also serve who only stand and wait. John Milton.

Fred G. Mackey
March 6th 07, 05:03 AM
fgdg wrote:
> Video - Warning graphic:
> http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_short

Well, it would seem that once again, PETA has taken a handful of clips
from a long investigation and made a video that attempts to demonize the
meat industry.

Remember, PETA is the same group that tried to scare your children with
comic books which suggested that if you happened to fish that they
should be concerned that one day they might find Fido or Mittens on
their dinner plate.

I suspect that these examples were culled from thousands of kills and
even in these cases, the animals only suffered for mere seconds.

It's interesting because I was just talking to someone today who
believed that cutting the throat of an animal was more humane that
knocking them.

I'm not convinced that slitting the throat is quicker than a good knock.

It's probably just as well that I don't have the link handy, but I've
seen videos from a company that sells non-kosher killing equipment.

The standard method is to hit them in the head with a device which
essentially makes it "over" instantaneously.

I would think one of the worst jobs would be to operate this device on
cattle, killing hundreds of them daily in one swift, though
ergonomically-friendly, pull of the trigger.

Just remember this, if God (or god or Gaia or mother nature or whatever)
hadn't intended for us to eat animals, why did he (or she or it or
whatever) make them out of meat?

Matthew
March 6th 07, 05:41 AM
Anything that has PETA involved is suspect and needs to be questioned

"fgdg" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Video - Warning graphic:
> http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_short

Arlette & Cocoa
March 6th 07, 07:51 AM
Please stop cross posting this thread to alt.pets.rabbits thanks!

--
God Bless,
Arlette, Cocoa & Brownie in heaven (See us here)

RosL
March 6th 07, 11:19 AM
On Mar 6, 3:37 am, "flick" > wrote:
> "fgdg" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > Video - Warning graphic:
> >http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_short
>
> I am not going to watch the video, as I don't have a strong stomach these
> days.
>
> Temple Grandin, who is an expert in such matters, has written that kosher
> slaughter, *done correctly,* is humane. It's difficult to do correctly,
> though. There should be little pain and quick death.
>
> If the video is VERY sickening, then probably it wasn't done right. PETA is
> an expert at slanting their information so that you don't get the whole
> story.
>
> Besides, PETA kills animals:
>
> http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
>
> flick 100785
> --
> They also serve who only stand and wait. John Milton.

PETA kills animals? Under what circumstances?

Ros

RosL
March 6th 07, 11:21 AM
On Mar 6, 3:37 am, "flick" > wrote:
> "fgdg" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > Video - Warning graphic:
> >http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_short
>
> I am not going to watch the video, as I don't have a strong stomach these
> days.
>
> Temple Grandin, who is an expert in such matters, has written that kosher
> slaughter, *done correctly,* is humane. It's difficult to do correctly,
> though. There should be little pain and quick death.
>
> If the video is VERY sickening, then probably it wasn't done right. PETA is
> an expert at slanting their information so that you don't get the whole
> story.
>
> Besides, PETA kills animals:
>
> http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
>
> flick 100785
> --
> They also serve who only stand and wait. John Milton.

I won't be watching it. I am a vegetarian of 25+ years and won't
condone the slaughter of animals under any circumstances. What I
wanted to say though is that Halal is pretty similar to Kosher in its
procedures.

Ros

flick
March 6th 07, 01:18 PM
"RosL" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> PETA kills animals? Under what circumstances?

PETA took in a bunch of people's dogs, when people had to give them up for
various reasons. The people believed that PETA would re-home them.
Instead, PETA killed most of them, then dumped the bodies in dumpsters.

The head of PETA has stated publicly that people shouldn't keep pets.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com

flick 100785

March 6th 07, 05:55 PM
On Mar 5, 6:03 pm, "fgdg" > wrote:
> Video - Warning graphic:http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_short

I am Jewish and know what a Kosher kill is like...that most certainly
is not it! Read a book called "Fast Food Nation" that is how most
meat packing plants kill their animals...but that most certainly is
NOT how Kosher is killed....and why are you posting this **** here?
go away already

Bunny of Bunny Hollow
March 6th 07, 09:03 PM
Fred G. Mackey wrote:

> fgdg wrote:
>> Video - Warning graphic:
>> http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_short
>>

> Well, it would seem that once again, PETA has taken a handful of clips
> from a long investigation and made a video that attempts to demonize the
> meat industry.

The meat industry is a demon. Sheesh!

> Remember, PETA is the same group that tried to scare your children with
> comic books which suggested that if you happened to fish that they
> should be concerned that one day they might find Fido or Mittens on
> their dinner plate.
>
> I suspect that these examples were culled from thousands of kills and
> even in these cases, the animals only suffered for mere seconds.
>
> It's interesting because I was just talking to someone today who
> believed that cutting the throat of an animal was more humane that
> knocking them.
>
> I'm not convinced that slitting the throat is quicker than a good knock.
>
> It's probably just as well that I don't have the link handy, but I've
> seen videos from a company that sells non-kosher killing equipment.
>
> The standard method is to hit them in the head with a device which
> essentially makes it "over" instantaneously.
>
> I would think one of the worst jobs would be to operate this device on
> cattle, killing hundreds of them daily in one swift, though
> ergonomically-friendly, pull of the trigger.
>

> Just remember this, if God (or god or Gaia or mother nature or whatever)
> hadn't intended for us to eat animals, why did he (or she or it or
> whatever) make them out of meat?

--
-- I am not the Easter Bunny --

Fred G. Mackey
March 7th 07, 03:18 AM
Bunny of Bunny Hollow wrote:
> Fred G. Mackey wrote:
>

>>fgdg wrote:
>>
>>>Video - Warning graphic:
>>>http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_short
>>>

>>Well, it would seem that once again, PETA has taken a handful of clips
>>from a long investigation and made a video that attempts to demonize the
>>meat industry.
>

> The meat industry is a demon. Sheesh!

Why? Because they slaughter animals and supply meat to the market which
demands it?

Bunny of Bunny Hollow
March 7th 07, 04:51 AM
Fred G. Mackey wrote:

> Bunny of Bunny Hollow wrote:
>> Fred G. Mackey wrote:

>>>Well, it would seem that once again, PETA has taken a handful of clips
>>>from a long investigation and made a video that attempts to demonize the
>>>meat industry.
>>

>> The meat industry is a demon. Sheesh!
>>

> Why? Because they slaughter animals and supply meat to the market which
> demands it?

It's the way they do it. Nobody demands suffering, but the meat industry demon
doesn't want you to know the animals they raise are indeed suffering greatly
from the moment they're born or hatched.

--
-- I am not the Easter Bunny --

Bunny of Bunny Hollow
March 7th 07, 05:04 AM
wrote:

> On Mar 5, 6:03 pm, "fgdg" > wrote:
>> Video - Warning
>> graphic:http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_short
>

> I am Jewish and know what a Kosher kill is like...that most certainly
> is not it!

You're not fooling me!

Kashrut requires all animals (and birds) to be slaughtered by a trained
individual (a Shochet) using a special method of slaughter, shechita. Among
other features, shechita slaughter severs the jugular vein, carotid artery,
oesophagus and trachea in a single cut with a smooth, sharp knife.

The only redeeming thing about kosher is the overall cleanliness. Beyond that,
ritualistic slaughter of animals is evil should be banned.

--
-- I am not the Easter Bunny --

Fred G. Mackey
March 7th 07, 07:06 AM
Bunny of Bunny Hollow wrote:
> Fred G. Mackey wrote:
>

>>Bunny of Bunny Hollow wrote:

>>>The meat industry is a demon. Sheesh!
>>>

>>Why? Because they slaughter animals and supply meat to the market which
>>demands it?
>

> It's the way they do it. Nobody demands suffering, but the meat industry demon
> doesn't want you to know the animals they raise are indeed suffering greatly
> from the moment they're born or hatched.

Sorry, but you'll have to explain at what point they are suffering. Is
it when they're out grazing in the fields? When they're being fed in
feed lots? When they get knocked? Or is it the indignity they suffer
once their carcasses are hanging in a cooler?

RosL
March 7th 07, 11:57 AM
On Mar 7, 6:06 am, "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote:
> Bunny of Bunny Hollow wrote:
>

> > Fred G. Mackey wrote:

> >>Why? Because they slaughter animals and supply meat to the market which
> >>demands it?
>
> > It's the way they do it. Nobody demands suffering, but the meat industry demon
> > doesn't want you to know the animals they raise are indeed suffering greatly
> > from the moment they're born or hatched.
>
> Sorry, but you'll have to explain at what point they are suffering. Is
> it when they're out grazing in the fields? When they're being fed in
> feed lots? When they get knocked? Or is it the indignity they suffer
> once their carcasses are hanging in a cooler?- Hide quoted text -

May I respectfully suggest that an approptiate forum for this
discussion is http://groups.google.com/group/alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian?hl=en

Fred G. Mackey
March 8th 07, 06:41 AM
RosL wrote:
> On Mar 7, 6:06 am, "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote:
>

> May I respectfully suggest that an approptiate forum for this
> discussion is http://groups.google.com/group/alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian?hl=en

May I respectfully suggest that you employ your KF on this thread and
use a newsreader instead of google.

May I also respectfully suggest you follow proper netiquette and trim
posts that you're responding to?

Clockmeister
March 15th 07, 10:58 PM
"Fred G. Mackey" > wrote in message
. ..
> fgdg wrote:
>> Video - Warning graphic:
>> http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_short
>>

> Well, it would seem that once again, PETA has taken a handful of clips
> from a long investigation and made a video that attempts to demonize the
> meat industry.
>
> Remember, PETA is the same group that tried to scare your children with
> comic books which suggested that if you happened to fish that they should
> be concerned that one day they might find Fido or Mittens on their dinner
> plate.
>
> I suspect that these examples were culled from thousands of kills and even
> in these cases, the animals only suffered for mere seconds.
>
> It's interesting because I was just talking to someone today who believed
> that cutting the throat of an animal was more humane that knocking them.
>
> I'm not convinced that slitting the throat is quicker than a good knock.
>
> It's probably just as well that I don't have the link handy, but I've seen
> videos from a company that sells non-kosher killing equipment.
>
> The standard method is to hit them in the head with a device which
> essentially makes it "over" instantaneously.
>
> I would think one of the worst jobs would be to operate this device on
> cattle, killing hundreds of them daily in one swift, though
> ergonomically-friendly, pull of the trigger.
>

> Just remember this, if God (or god or Gaia or mother nature or whatever)
> hadn't intended for us to eat animals, why did he (or she or it or
> whatever) make them out of meat?

Irrelevant, religion is a load of antiquated nonsense and killing in the
name of, especially if it involved inhumane and cruel death in order to make
meat "kosher" is particularly disgusting.

Those who supports such practices deserve to endure a similar death.

47Dodge
March 28th 07, 11:11 PM
Clockmeister wrote:

> ...religion is a load of antiquated nonsense and killing....

Cite?

> Those who supports such practices deserve to endure a similar death.

Cite?

Jack

Sjouke Burry
March 29th 07, 01:27 AM
47Dodge wrote:
> Clockmeister wrote:
>

> > ...religion is a load of antiquated nonsense and killing....
>
> Cite?
>

>> Those who supports such practices deserve to endure a similar death.
>
> Cite?
>

> Jack
Go check out Sudan, Pakistan/India border, Borneo(Indonesia)...
Murder in the name of Alla.
(I wont mention Iran/Irak, Irak/Koerds. etc etc.)

47Dodge
March 29th 07, 01:38 AM
Sjouke Burry wrote:
> 47Dodge wrote:
>> Clockmeister wrote:
>>

>> > ...religion is a load of antiquated nonsense and killing....
>>
>> Cite?
>>

>>> Those who supports such practices deserve to endure a similar death.
>>
>> Cite?
>>

>> Jack
> Go check out Sudan, Pakistan/India border, Borneo(Indonesia)...
> Murder in the name of Alla.
> (I wont mention Iran/Irak, Irak/Koerds. etc etc.)

_A_ religion is not "religion", though some have mistakes in their
past, and in their present character.

Perhaps understanding would be better served by looking at what a
mess human nature tends to make of even the finest of intentions,
rather than deriding something of which your understanding is imperfect.

Jack

Sjouke Burry
March 29th 07, 02:14 AM
47Dodge wrote:
> Sjouke Burry wrote:
>> 47Dodge wrote:

>>> Cite?

>>> Cite?
>>>

>>> Jack
>> Go check out Sudan, Pakistan/India border, Borneo(Indonesia)...
>> Murder in the name of Alla.
>> (I wont mention Iran/Irak, Irak/Koerds. etc etc.)
>
> _A_ religion is not "religion", though some have mistakes in their past,
> and in their present character.
>
> Perhaps understanding would be better served by looking at what a mess
> human nature tends to make of even the finest of intentions, rather than
> deriding something of which your understanding is imperfect.
>

> Jack
What do I not understand about wholesale murder??